HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Cupmonger

vCash: 500
Nope. Komisarek ditched us. He went down the street to the next nearest team and betrayed us. The team loved him. The fans loved him. And he just bailed. As much as I want Kaberle gone. I'd rather not acquire Komisarek, just so that we can keep winning against him. What ***** ass **** face.

Old
03-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Milhouse40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
I really , really feel like MB is going for Perry hard. Especially after that Cole trade. It'd be awesome if he could unload Gionta too. Retain say, 40% of his salary. Maybe use him with Eller, Leblanc/Beaulieu and a conditional pick for Perry at the deadline. I think that's a pretty solid package. I'd only do it if he promised to resign though obviously.
If we signed him to 7mil and bought out Kaberle we'd still have a boat load to fill out our roster. I'd take a look at Clowe. If you can get him at 4-4.5 I'd take a shot. Otherwise no. Also, I'd offer Jagr a one year deal at his 4.55 salary now or whatever it is. I'm sure he'd love to play with Pleks on a sure fire playoff team in his final years. I know it sounds kinda nuts, but we actually have the space... Imagine this:

Pacioretty------Desharnais--------Perry
Bourque--------Plekanec----------Jagr
Clowe-----------Galchenyuk-------Gallagher
Moen------------White--------------Prust

Markov------Subban
Tinordi-------Gorges
Emelin-------Diaz
Boullion

That's a cup contending lineup in my opinion. I gave each player a generous contract on cap geek and it worked out. Plus about 1m to sign/call up a 13th forward.
Obviously this is a pipe dream thing but it's fun to pretend. That lineup would wreak havoc. Big and skilled through an through.
Nice one...but i dreamed too on Capgeek...and here's what i came with:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Corey Perry ($6.500m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Viktor Stalberg ($3.250m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Brandon Prust ($2.500m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Ryan White ($0.875m) / Mike Blunden ($0.633m)
Gabriel Dumont ($0.578m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Alexei Emelin ($2.000m) / Douglas Murray ($3.500m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.000m) / Jarred Tinordi ($1.083m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.250m)

OTHER
Buyout: Tomas Kaberle ($0.000m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (3.888% of upper limit)
Brian Gionta ($2.500m50.0%)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,535,833; BONUSES: $2,697,500
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $3,461,667

Size, agression, scoring touch, all special units are cover.....for me this is a contender team.

Plus...we can Trade DD and Gionta at $2.5M(while retaining half is salary/caphit) against prospect and picks!!

Old
03-01-2013, 06:10 PM
David_99

Just noticed on the TSN comments section:

just-a-fan
"I was on a flight from Chicago to Montreal today and sat beside Brad Staubitz who said he was in Montreal for a physical...when I asked if he was rejoining the habs he smiled and said watch the Boston game..."

Not to put any weight behind a TSN comment, but what's Staubitz current situation? I thought he was Ducks property.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:19 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
According to Twitter the habs put a waiver claim in on Tom Sestito but barely lost out to Vancouver.

I guess Bergy has some interest in a goon after all.
Who is Twitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Would you guys do:

To Toronto: Alexey Galchenyuk

To Montreal: Canadian boy Morgan Reilly, 1st round draft pick 2013.

?
Not in a million years.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post

just-a-fan
"I was on a flight from Chicago to Montreal today and sat beside Brad Staubitz who said he was in Montreal for a physical...when I asked if he was rejoining the habs he smiled and said watch the Boston game..."

Not to put any weight behind a TSN comment, but what's Staubitz current situation? I thought he was Ducks property.
My feeling is its not really the truth

Old
03-01-2013, 06:33 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post

just-a-fan

He's played seven games. Montreal can't give him a physical.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:35 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post

He's played seven games. Montreal can't give him a physical.
OK good, I thought it was strange lol.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Hugo Sham

anyone catch 'le match' on TVA tonight? all the panelists seemed to be convinced Bergevin is shopping for a tough guy. With talk of Habs putting in claim on Sestito, and with the discussion centered around moen and armstrong not really doing their job - the feeling is, is that Bergevin is looking. Apparently the leafs targeted Prust Saturday - which they did - from phaneufs hit to Mclaren's invitation - the tactic was to take the 'courage / heart' out of habs lineup. everyone agreed he's going to get burnt out fast if he doesn't get help

Old
03-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
anyone catch 'le match' on TVA tonight? all the panelists seemed to be convinced Bergevin is shopping for a tough guy. With talk of Habs putting in claim on Sestito, and with the discussion centered around moen and armstrong not really doing their job - the feeling is, is that Bergevin is looking. Apparently the leafs targeted Prust Saturday - which they did - from phaneufs hit to Mclaren's invitation - the tactic was to take the 'courage / heart' out of habs lineup. everyone agreed he's going to get burnt out fast if he doesn't get help
I can't agree more. I'm disappointed in Moen in that aspect.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:47 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Moen seems to be slowing down. I'd keep him for sure, but to have a second fighter in the lineup besides Prust would help us tons. Just slot him in when we need it, and it lets prust rest more and be more effective since he can actually play. A heavyweight that can sub in and out of the lineup would be great. 70s Habs had tons of flexibility to their lineup, and while the current team aren't them and MT isn't Bowman (obviously), having that ability to be able to play any style is a huge asset.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:14 AM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

HOw did I get here?

Am I being punished?

Jebus Save me...........

Old
03-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Would you guys do:

?
I'm not supposed to be here, but why does this guy always pose as a Leafs fan in an attempt to troll, which he clearly did in our PGT after the leafs-habs game.

You are a habs fan, stop pretending.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:19 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Would you guys do:

?
Nope. No disrespect to Reilly or Leaf Nation, I think Reilly is a special player but Galchenyuk is likely a future elite and Montreal has desperately needed a true number one center for ages. Gally is arguably the most untouchable player on our roster short of maybe Price.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Hugo Sham

Reilly is a nice piece but no deal --the 1st is no longer going to be a lottery pick and Galchenyuk is what we have needed for ages ++ we're LOADED on d prospects. so much so that some will have to get traded maybe

Old
03-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Reilly is a nice piece but no deal --the 1st is no longer going to be a lottery pick and Galchenyuk is what we have needed for ages ++ we're LOADED on d prospects. so much so that some will have to get traded maybe
Exactly how are we LOADED with d propsects?

We have two - Beaulieu and Tinordi that (should) make it and a couple that might be better then what can be gotten for free on the waiver wire. I don't think we have to worry about trading them for anything valuable but more of a glut of AHL players because the will clear waivers on the way down.

I understand it bothers a LOT of posters here that we waste a pick on a d-man or two but that is your issue. D-men are more important then forwards by a long shot except for an elite player or two like Galchenyuk which we need and can't get any other way.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Garry Valk

Back on the Vinny carousel?

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...-trade/1277133

Old
03-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Exactly how are we LOADED with d propsects?

We have two - Beaulieu and Tinordi that (should) make it and a couple that might be better then what can be gotten for free on the waiver wire. I don't think we have to worry about trading them for anything valuable but more of a glut of AHL players because the will clear waivers on the way down.

I understand it bothers a LOT of posters here that we waste a pick on a d-man or two but that is your issue. D-men are more important then forwards by a long shot except for an elite player or two like Galchenyuk which we need and can't get any other way.
You're forgetting a few here as you seem to be getting into the media hype. Morgan Ellis is as good a prospect as Beaulieu and Tinordi are, but he's not talked about as much. Greg Pateryn, after missing some time to injuries, is back and playing top minutes for the Bulldogs while Mac Bennett is doing well in Michigan. They also have Darren Dietz and Dalton Thrower in junior who are pretty good prospects and who knows where their development takes them. And while we might not know him very well in North America, Magnus Nygren is a high caliber player in the SEL.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
If we still had Gomez, maybe, but even then, probably not. I think he has a negative value, I'm not sure that someone would give him anything decent for him, other then freeing up cap space in Tampa.

If Vinny publicly stated he wanted to finish his career in Montreal it would be hard for Molson to say no to that but that ship has already sailed, imo.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Quote:
If we still had Gomez, maybe, but even then, probably not. I think he has a negative value, I'm not sure that someone would give him anything decent for him, other then freeing up cap space in Tampa.

If Vinny publicly stated he wanted to finish his career in Montreal it would be hard for Molson to say no to that but that ship has already sailed, imo.
As far as I'm concerned, Tampa Bay would have to take a big chunk of that contract to make it happen. I don't mind Lecavalier, I absolutely hate his contract in both terms and money.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You're forgetting a few here as you seem to be getting into the media hype. Morgan Ellis is as good a prospect as Beaulieu and Tinordi are, but he's not talked about as much. Greg Pateryn, after missing some time to injuries, is back and playing top minutes for the Bulldogs while Mac Bennett is doing well in Michigan. They also have Darren Dietz and Dalton Thrower in junior who are pretty good prospects and who knows where their development takes them. And while we might not know him very well in North America, Magnus Nygren is a high caliber player in the SEL.
Every year it seems one or two d-men pass through waivers that are similar in talent to prospects like Dietz or Morgan Ellis, that is the point I was trying to make. We don't have a roster spot or an immediate need for a player like that and that is why we don't pick them up but they are available. We got Diaz for free and he's better than a lot of our prospects, as an example.

I think we have a better forward prospect pool than our defensemen prospect pool is, I don't understand why posters would say otherwise. We could use a genuine power forward or a top line skill player but so could most teams.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:28 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

I'd gladly take Lecavalier in exchange for futures if he comes at 4.7m

Old
03-02-2013, 11:35 AM
yianik

Quote:
Every year it seems one or two d-men pass through waivers that are similar in talent to prospects like Dietz or Morgan Ellis, that is the point I was trying to make. We don't have a roster spot or an immediate need for a player like that and that is why we don't pick them up but they are available. We got Diaz for free and he's better than a lot of our prospects, as an example.

I think we have a better forward prospect pool than our defensemen prospect pool is, I don't understand why posters would say otherwise. We could use a genuine power forward or a top line skill player but so could most teams.
We arguably have 5 top 4 D-men in Markov, PK, Gorges, Emelin and Diaz. At least we are playing them like that Everybody is playing at least 18 min or so ) ,we are having success and these are all guys we could potentially have for some years to come. Our need on D then is a couple bottom pairing guys, one of whom is a big physical crease clearer, hopefully Tinordi. Nathan B has offensive potential and good size. We then have a lot of other guys who have made it this far and so from them , Tinordi and Nathan B, 3-4 guys should make it as at least bottom pairing players and hopefully 1-2 of them are even better. So yeah, we are deep in D prospects as that is alot of D-men looking at cracking the line-up in the next 2 years, and we have more in juniors.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:03 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:

That's why the Hamilton Bulldogs are the lowest scoring team in the AHL and are tied for 5th from the bottom for goals against.This is due to the abundance of talent the Habs have at the forward/defence prospects in their farm system.By the way Diaz didn't pass through waivers,Gauthier had gone over to Europe to watch the WHC's and sign Emelin,when he seen Diaz playing,offered him a contract before all the other GM's showed up and created a bidding war.

Last edited by S Bah: 03-02-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Old
03-02-2013, 12:15 PM
jwolf

Quote:
I like Vinny, but that contract is horrendous. Pass.

If we make a push for an aging superstar to put us in contention this year, I opt for Iginla. Would cost less in trade value and he's UFA this summer.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Gary320

The only way I would take Vinny or Komisarek is if the respective teams take some of the cut. Both have AWFUL contracts, but both could be a good option in Montreal.

If Komisarek made a 1 million, I would jump on that opportunity.. but these horrible contracts just put us a few steps back after unloading Coles contract.

Closed Thread