HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2013, 03:51 PM
  #576
Cupmonger
Registered User
 
Cupmonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
Nope. Komisarek ditched us. He went down the street to the next nearest team and betrayed us. The team loved him. The fans loved him. And he just bailed. As much as I want Kaberle gone. I'd rather not acquire Komisarek, just so that we can keep winning against him. What ***** ass **** face.

Cupmonger is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 05:27 PM
  #577
Milhouse40
Registered User
 
Milhouse40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaroon View Post
I really , really feel like MB is going for Perry hard. Especially after that Cole trade. It'd be awesome if he could unload Gionta too. Retain say, 40% of his salary. Maybe use him with Eller, Leblanc/Beaulieu and a conditional pick for Perry at the deadline. I think that's a pretty solid package. I'd only do it if he promised to resign though obviously.
If we signed him to 7mil and bought out Kaberle we'd still have a boat load to fill out our roster. I'd take a look at Clowe. If you can get him at 4-4.5 I'd take a shot. Otherwise no. Also, I'd offer Jagr a one year deal at his 4.55 salary now or whatever it is. I'm sure he'd love to play with Pleks on a sure fire playoff team in his final years. I know it sounds kinda nuts, but we actually have the space... Imagine this:

Pacioretty------Desharnais--------Perry
Bourque--------Plekanec----------Jagr
Clowe-----------Galchenyuk-------Gallagher
Moen------------White--------------Prust

Markov------Subban
Tinordi-------Gorges
Emelin-------Diaz
Boullion

That's a cup contending lineup in my opinion. I gave each player a generous contract on cap geek and it worked out. Plus about 1m to sign/call up a 13th forward.
Obviously this is a pipe dream thing but it's fun to pretend. That lineup would wreak havoc. Big and skilled through an through.
Nice one...but i dreamed too on Capgeek...and here's what i came with:

************************************************** *************

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Corey Perry ($6.500m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Viktor Stalberg ($3.250m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Brandon Prust ($2.500m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Ryan White ($0.875m) / Mike Blunden ($0.633m)
Gabriel Dumont ($0.578m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Alexei Emelin ($2.000m) / Douglas Murray ($3.500m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.000m) / Jarred Tinordi ($1.083m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.250m)

OTHER
Buyout: Tomas Kaberle ($0.000m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (3.888% of upper limit)
Brian Gionta ($2.500m50.0%)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,535,833; BONUSES: $2,697,500
CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $3,461,667

************************************************** ************

Size, agression, scoring touch, all special units are cover.....for me this is a contender team.

Plus...we can Trade DD and Gionta at $2.5M(while retaining half is salary/caphit) against prospect and picks!!

Milhouse40 is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:10 PM
  #578
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,606
vCash: 500
Just noticed on the TSN comments section:

just-a-fan
"I was on a flight from Chicago to Montreal today and sat beside Brad Staubitz who said he was in Montreal for a physical...when I asked if he was rejoining the habs he smiled and said watch the Boston game..."

Not to put any weight behind a TSN comment, but what's Staubitz current situation? I thought he was Ducks property.

David_99 is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:19 PM
  #579
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrock76 View Post
According to Twitter the habs put a waiver claim in on Tom Sestito but barely lost out to Vancouver.

I guess Bergy has some interest in a goon after all.
Who is Twitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Would you guys do:

To Toronto: Alexey Galchenyuk

To Montreal: Canadian boy Morgan Reilly, 1st round draft pick 2013.


?
Not in a million years.

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:29 PM
  #580
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Just noticed on the TSN comments section:

just-a-fan
"I was on a flight from Chicago to Montreal today and sat beside Brad Staubitz who said he was in Montreal for a physical...when I asked if he was rejoining the habs he smiled and said watch the Boston game..."

Not to put any weight behind a TSN comment, but what's Staubitz current situation? I thought he was Ducks property.
My feeling is its not really the truth

Halifaxhab is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:33 PM
  #581
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 2,771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Just noticed on the TSN comments section:

just-a-fan
"I was on a flight from Chicago to Montreal today and sat beside Brad Staubitz who said he was in Montreal for a physical...when I asked if he was rejoining the habs he smiled and said watch the Boston game..."

Not to put any weight behind a TSN comment, but what's Staubitz current situation? I thought he was Ducks property.


He's played seven games. Montreal can't give him a physical.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 06:35 PM
  #582
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post


He's played seven games. Montreal can't give him a physical.
OK good, I thought it was strange lol.

David_99 is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 09:48 PM
  #583
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,030
vCash: 500
anyone catch 'le match' on TVA tonight? all the panelists seemed to be convinced Bergevin is shopping for a tough guy. With talk of Habs putting in claim on Sestito, and with the discussion centered around moen and armstrong not really doing their job - the feeling is, is that Bergevin is looking. Apparently the leafs targeted Prust Saturday - which they did - from phaneufs hit to Mclaren's invitation - the tactic was to take the 'courage / heart' out of habs lineup. everyone agreed he's going to get burnt out fast if he doesn't get help

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 09:58 PM
  #584
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
anyone catch 'le match' on TVA tonight? all the panelists seemed to be convinced Bergevin is shopping for a tough guy. With talk of Habs putting in claim on Sestito, and with the discussion centered around moen and armstrong not really doing their job - the feeling is, is that Bergevin is looking. Apparently the leafs targeted Prust Saturday - which they did - from phaneufs hit to Mclaren's invitation - the tactic was to take the 'courage / heart' out of habs lineup. everyone agreed he's going to get burnt out fast if he doesn't get help
I can't agree more. I'm disappointed in Moen in that aspect.

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 10:47 PM
  #585
StellerEller
Canada's Team
 
StellerEller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,001
vCash: 100
Moen seems to be slowing down. I'd keep him for sure, but to have a second fighter in the lineup besides Prust would help us tons. Just slot him in when we need it, and it lets prust rest more and be more effective since he can actually play. A heavyweight that can sub in and out of the lineup would be great. 70s Habs had tons of flexibility to their lineup, and while the current team aren't them and MT isn't Bowman (obviously), having that ability to be able to play any style is a huge asset.

StellerEller is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:14 AM
  #586
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,523
vCash: 500
HOw did I get here?

Am I being punished?

Jebus Save me...........

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:31 AM
  #587
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Would you guys do:

To Toronto: Alexey Galchenyuk

To Montreal: Canadian boy Morgan Reilly, 1st round draft pick 2013.


?
I'm not supposed to be here, but why does this guy always pose as a Leafs fan in an attempt to troll, which he clearly did in our PGT after the leafs-habs game.

You are a habs fan, stop pretending.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:19 AM
  #588
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,540
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyFischer View Post
Would you guys do:

To Toronto: Alexey Galchenyuk

To Montreal: Canadian boy Morgan Reilly, 1st round draft pick 2013.


?
Nope. No disrespect to Reilly or Leaf Nation, I think Reilly is a special player but Galchenyuk is likely a future elite and Montreal has desperately needed a true number one center for ages. Gally is arguably the most untouchable player on our roster short of maybe Price.

Bourne Endeavor is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 09:46 AM
  #589
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,030
vCash: 500
Reilly is a nice piece but no deal --the 1st is no longer going to be a lottery pick and Galchenyuk is what we have needed for ages ++ we're LOADED on d prospects. so much so that some will have to get traded maybe

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:29 AM
  #590
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Reilly is a nice piece but no deal --the 1st is no longer going to be a lottery pick and Galchenyuk is what we have needed for ages ++ we're LOADED on d prospects. so much so that some will have to get traded maybe
Exactly how are we LOADED with d propsects?

We have two - Beaulieu and Tinordi that (should) make it and a couple that might be better then what can be gotten for free on the waiver wire. I don't think we have to worry about trading them for anything valuable but more of a glut of AHL players because the will clear waivers on the way down.

I understand it bothers a LOT of posters here that we waste a pick on a d-man or two but that is your issue. D-men are more important then forwards by a long shot except for an elite player or two like Galchenyuk which we need and can't get any other way.

Frozenice is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:41 AM
  #591
Garry Valk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,803
vCash: 500
Back on the Vinny carousel?

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...-trade/1277133

Garry Valk is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:58 AM
  #592
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Exactly how are we LOADED with d propsects?

We have two - Beaulieu and Tinordi that (should) make it and a couple that might be better then what can be gotten for free on the waiver wire. I don't think we have to worry about trading them for anything valuable but more of a glut of AHL players because the will clear waivers on the way down.

I understand it bothers a LOT of posters here that we waste a pick on a d-man or two but that is your issue. D-men are more important then forwards by a long shot except for an elite player or two like Galchenyuk which we need and can't get any other way.
You're forgetting a few here as you seem to be getting into the media hype. Morgan Ellis is as good a prospect as Beaulieu and Tinordi are, but he's not talked about as much. Greg Pateryn, after missing some time to injuries, is back and playing top minutes for the Bulldogs while Mac Bennett is doing well in Michigan. They also have Darren Dietz and Dalton Thrower in junior who are pretty good prospects and who knows where their development takes them. And while we might not know him very well in North America, Magnus Nygren is a high caliber player in the SEL.

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:59 AM
  #593
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
If we still had Gomez, maybe, but even then, probably not. I think he has a negative value, I'm not sure that someone would give him anything decent for him, other then freeing up cap space in Tampa.

If Vinny publicly stated he wanted to finish his career in Montreal it would be hard for Molson to say no to that but that ship has already sailed, imo.

Frozenice is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:04 AM
  #594
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
If we still had Gomez, maybe, but even then, probably not. I think he has a negative value, I'm not sure that someone would give him anything decent for him, other then freeing up cap space in Tampa.

If Vinny publicly stated he wanted to finish his career in Montreal it would be hard for Molson to say no to that but that ship has already sailed, imo.
As far as I'm concerned, Tampa Bay would have to take a big chunk of that contract to make it happen. I don't mind Lecavalier, I absolutely hate his contract in both terms and money.

Habsterix* is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:13 AM
  #595
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You're forgetting a few here as you seem to be getting into the media hype. Morgan Ellis is as good a prospect as Beaulieu and Tinordi are, but he's not talked about as much. Greg Pateryn, after missing some time to injuries, is back and playing top minutes for the Bulldogs while Mac Bennett is doing well in Michigan. They also have Darren Dietz and Dalton Thrower in junior who are pretty good prospects and who knows where their development takes them. And while we might not know him very well in North America, Magnus Nygren is a high caliber player in the SEL.
Every year it seems one or two d-men pass through waivers that are similar in talent to prospects like Dietz or Morgan Ellis, that is the point I was trying to make. We don't have a roster spot or an immediate need for a player like that and that is why we don't pick them up but they are available. We got Diaz for free and he's better than a lot of our prospects, as an example.

I think we have a better forward prospect pool than our defensemen prospect pool is, I don't understand why posters would say otherwise. We could use a genuine power forward or a top line skill player but so could most teams.

Frozenice is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:28 AM
  #596
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,676
vCash: 500
I'd gladly take Lecavalier in exchange for futures if he comes at 4.7m

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:35 AM
  #597
yianik
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Every year it seems one or two d-men pass through waivers that are similar in talent to prospects like Dietz or Morgan Ellis, that is the point I was trying to make. We don't have a roster spot or an immediate need for a player like that and that is why we don't pick them up but they are available. We got Diaz for free and he's better than a lot of our prospects, as an example.

I think we have a better forward prospect pool than our defensemen prospect pool is, I don't understand why posters would say otherwise. We could use a genuine power forward or a top line skill player but so could most teams.
We arguably have 5 top 4 D-men in Markov, PK, Gorges, Emelin and Diaz. At least we are playing them like that Everybody is playing at least 18 min or so ) ,we are having success and these are all guys we could potentially have for some years to come. Our need on D then is a couple bottom pairing guys, one of whom is a big physical crease clearer, hopefully Tinordi. Nathan B has offensive potential and good size. We then have a lot of other guys who have made it this far and so from them , Tinordi and Nathan B, 3-4 guys should make it as at least bottom pairing players and hopefully 1-2 of them are even better. So yeah, we are deep in D prospects as that is alot of D-men looking at cracking the line-up in the next 2 years, and we have more in juniors.

yianik is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:03 PM
  #598
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,481
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Every year it seems one or two d-men pass through waivers that are similar in talent to prospects like Dietz or Morgan Ellis, that is the point I was trying to make. We don't have a roster spot or an immediate need for a player like that and that is why we don't pick them up but they are available. We got Diaz for free and he's better than a lot of our prospects, as an example.

I think we have a better forward prospect pool than our defensemen prospect pool is, I don't understand why posters would say otherwise. We could use a genuine power forward or a top line skill player but so could most teams.
That's why the Hamilton Bulldogs are the lowest scoring team in the AHL and are tied for 5th from the bottom for goals against.This is due to the abundance of talent the Habs have at the forward/defence prospects in their farm system.By the way Diaz didn't pass through waivers,Gauthier had gone over to Europe to watch the WHC's and sign Emelin,when he seen Diaz playing,offered him a contract before all the other GM's showed up and created a bidding war.


Last edited by S Bah: 03-02-2013 at 12:13 PM.
S Bah is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:15 PM
  #599
jwolf
Registered User
 
jwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
I like Vinny, but that contract is horrendous. Pass.

If we make a push for an aging superstar to put us in contention this year, I opt for Iginla. Would cost less in trade value and he's UFA this summer.

jwolf is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:49 PM
  #600
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,631
vCash: 500
The only way I would take Vinny or Komisarek is if the respective teams take some of the cut. Both have AWFUL contracts, but both could be a good option in Montreal.

If Komisarek made a 1 million, I would jump on that opportunity.. but these horrible contracts just put us a few steps back after unloading Coles contract.

Gary320 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.