HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Wrestling
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

11 of 12 PPVs to be featured on WWE Network?

Old
03-01-2013, 08:02 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Lounge Hero

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
If it was 14.99, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. That would save me a lot of money as I buy the PPVs.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Snipeshow

That's a pretty reasonable price, actually.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:17 AM
duckchobbins

15 bucks is a genius price point IMO. If you get people that rarely buy the events other than Wrestlemania (as I feel many people do this, including myself) this gives a little incentive to do so. Since Wrestlemania isn't included that means that the $15 for April is basically a waste, so factoring it into the rest of the year and you're still paying $16 and some change for the rest of the ppv events. That's actually a really good value for those that purchase even just 2 or 3 other shows a year.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:24 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
Yeah, anything between $13 and $15, I'll buy it for sure. A caller also asked Vince if the network would remain PG because the adult viewers want edginess, and Vince McMahon said they would accommodate to that just like they do on their Home Videos (DVDs, Blu Rays, etc).

03-01-2013, 08:32 AM
Snipeshow

Will they have a bunch of **** on it during the non-RAW/Smackdown/PPV times?

Old
03-01-2013, 08:35 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Yeah, anything between $13 and $15, I'll buy it for sure. A caller also asked Vince if the network would remain PG because the adult viewers want edginess, and Vince McMahon said they would accommodate to that just like they do on their Home Videos (DVDs, Blu Rays, etc).
In other words, don't hold your breath. It's not happening. Vince gave a good answer, but it's just not happening.

Old
03-01-2013, 08:42 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
Will they have a bunch of **** on it during the non-RAW/Smackdown/PPV times?
I imagine there will be a good amount of reruns. Probably air Raw, Smackdown, Main Event and NXT every day, twice in some cases. Then the rest of it will be interviews and old programming sitting in the archives.

Old
03-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Meh, anything they would show I already own anyways.
Me too, probably. But I own every season of Friends and that doesn't stop me from watching on TV all the time.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Snipeshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I imagine there will be a good amount of reruns. Probably air Raw, Smackdown, Main Event and NXT every day, twice in some cases. Then the rest of it will be interviews and old programming sitting in the archives.
Isn't there a WWE Vintage channel? Be nice if they just got rid of that and threw vintage **** up on the WWE Network.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:58 AM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Me too, probably. But I own every season of Friends and that doesn't stop me from watching on TV all the time.
Why.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
At the WWE conference call for Q4 2012, they made it seem like the price point is between $12.99-$14.99 and every pay-per-view, except Wrestlemania, would be on the network.
I don't know if there's anything they could do to stop this. But with my cable - I can order a pay channel (let's say Showtime for this example) and cancel it 3 days later. I only pay a prorated portion of what the monthly cost is. 3 days is roughly 10% of a month...so with the $16 bucks a month they charge for Showtime, I would only pay $1.60 for having Showtime those 3 days. And they allow you to call and cancel, or switch as often as you like.

So what would stop people from ordering the WWE channel on a PPV day...then canceling it the next day? It literally might cost you 50 cents to watch a pay per view and it would be totally legally and tapable, etc.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:08 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
Why.
Because Friends is awesome and never gets old.

BluesOne31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:49 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesOne31 View Post
Because Friends is awesome and never gets old.
Bingo.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 1000
I just hope if they start showing their DVD documentary library on the new channel that they don't pull them from Netflix. Would piss me off greatly.

Engebretson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I don't know if there's anything they could do to stop this. But with my cable - I can order a pay channel (let's say Showtime for this example) and cancel it 3 days later. I only pay a prorated portion of what the monthly cost is. 3 days is roughly 10% of a month...so with the $16 bucks a month they charge for Showtime, I would only pay $1.60 for having Showtime those 3 days. And they allow you to call and cancel, or switch as often as you like.

So what would stop people from ordering the WWE channel on a PPV day...then canceling it the next day? It literally might cost you 50 cents to watch a pay per view and it would be totally legally and tapable, etc.
I wouldn't be shocked if your cable company has a loosely enforced 30 day policy where you aren't supposed to be able to cancel for 30 days. If they notice that you are doing this every month I would expect that they would start enforcing this, but I suppose you would get away with it for a while.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if your cable company has a loosely enforced 30 day policy where you aren't supposed to be able to cancel for 30 days. If they notice that you are doing this every month I would expect that they would start enforcing this, but I suppose you would get away with it for a while.
Well they don't now for their pay channels. It was their rep on the phone that was encouraging me to do this if I wanted too. Now if the WWE could get cable companies to make separate policies for their channel...but I doubt they could pull that off.

For me personally - if they made a channel for 12-15 bucks, I'd get it. Especially if they have to fill time slots with old matches from the 80s and stuff. Would love to see some of that stuff again.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote