HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ott - cbj

Old
03-02-2013, 11:15 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Ott - cbj

After the season :

To Columbus :

Ben Bishop

To Ottawa :

Lowest of their 3 2013 first rounders

Thoughts?

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Sureves

Isn't Bishop UFA?

EDIT: No he is not. RFA.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:26 AM
HavlatMach9

If Bishop has a very strong season in the remaining games, if I was Columbus I'd consider it during the draft.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Krishna

Why does columbus need another goalie?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:30 AM
FrankUllah

Would Columbus really pay more for Bishop than they did for Bobrovsky? Bobrovsky is younger and had played like 80 games when they traded for him. Sure Bishop has been great so far but I still think his handful of games is not enough to garner a 1st.

However I think if Bishop keeps up his great play and Bobrovsky keeps declining, then Columbus may be desperate enough to do it at the draft. I think Ottawa makes that deal in a heartbeat either way.

FrankUllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:30 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Why does columbus need another goalie?
Its not about the quantity, its about the quality. Bishop is playing like a #1 , behind an AHL team playing in the NHL.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Crisp Breakout

Columbus doesn't consider this one bit.

Crisp Breakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:41 AM
18Hossa

Maybe their middle pick, depending on how the Rangers and Kings do.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
After the season :

To Columbus :

Ben Bishop

To Ottawa :

Thoughts?
Ben Bishop has the exact same trade value as Ben Scrivens. They're both 26 year old goaltenders getting their first taste of the NHL and playing well. That is not nearly worth a first round pick; if a leaf fan posted this thread asking for a first for Scrivens HF would explode from all the trolling.

Tony Clifton Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:46 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

As a Sens fan, clearly I'm on board with moving Bishop for a 1st.

Clearly.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:47 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
Ben Bishop has the exact same trade value as Ben Scrivens. They're both 26 year old goaltenders getting their first taste of the NHL and playing well. That is not nearly worth a first round pick; if a leaf fan posted this thread asking for a first for Scrivens HF would explode from all the trolling.
Well, except for the fact that Bishop is a better goalie than Scrivens is. But that's neither here nor there, right?

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:57 AM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Well, except for the fact that Bishop is a better goalie than Scrivens is. But that's neither here nor there, right?
Obviously Sens fans say that. I don't have an opinion on Bishop, I've only watched 2 of his games, which is probably similar to the number of times you've seen Scrivens play.

I have watched a lot of Scrivens though. He carried the Marlies to the Calder Cup finals last year with a .935 save pct, a GAA under 2, and 3 shut outs in 17 playoff games and has continued playing well into this season. I wouldn't trade Scrivens straight-up for Bishop, just because I know more about Scrivens and everything I know about him I like, and on paper they have equal value.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:30 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:
After the season :

To Columbus :

Ben Bishop

To Ottawa :

Thoughts?
No thank you.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Obviously Sens fans say that. I don't have an opinion on Bishop, I've only watched 2 of his games, which is probably similar to the number of times you've seen Scrivens play.

I have watched a lot of Scrivens though. He carried the Marlies to the Calder Cup finals last year with a .935 save pct, a GAA under 2, and 3 shut outs in 17 playoff games and has continued playing well into this season. I wouldn't trade Scrivens straight-up for Bishop, just because I know more about Scrivens and everything I know about him I like, and on paper they have equal value.
So you're willing to base your opinion on the 2 games you've seen Bishop play but will discount someone's else's opinion based on your assumption that they've only seen Scrivens play twice? Makes perfect sense.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
So you're willing to base your opinion on the 2 games you've seen Bishop play but will discount someone's else's opinion based on your assumption that they've only seen Scrivens play twice? Makes perfect sense.
I said that I don't have an opinion on whether Bishop is better than Scrivens. I think its fairly obvious that a Sens fan would not have watched very much of Ben Scrivens, unless he for some strange reason is also a Marlies fan and watched him play with the Marlies.

I know both of their statlines, and their history but that's all I know about Bishop. I wouldn't trade Scrivens straight-up for Bishop because I've seen a lot of Scrivens and he has really impressed me; not because I necessarily think he's better than Bishop. I pointed out that it was dumb for him to arbitrarily say Bishop is better than Scrivens knowing that a Sens fan wouldn't waste his time taking in a lot of Ben Scrivens hockey.

This thread is not Ben Bishop vs. Ben Scrivens however, so I'll get back on topic. The only people who think this is a decent proposal are Sens fans. That might change if Bishop plays well at the NHL level for more than 6 games this year.

Last edited by Tony Clifton Leaf: 03-02-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old
03-02-2013, 12:55 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:

One is playing behind an NHL team with an NHL defense, one is not. Guess which is which?

Old
03-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

Quote:
One is playing behind an NHL team with an NHL defense, one is not. Guess which is which?
I honestly could not care less if you think Bishop is better than Scrivens, feel free to think whatever you want. I haven't watched Bishop play much, so I don't have an opinion on him. I like Scrivens a lot, and think Scrivens has roughly equal trade value to Bishop based on their career history, and stats. No one in their right mind would trade a first round pick for either of them right now. End of conversation.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

Quote:
Phaneuf - Holzer(ahl)
Franson - Fraser (ahl)
Gunnarsson - Kostka (ahl)

Both team have an ahl calibre defense, only difference is sens are missing Karlsson, while leafs #1 is still healthy.

I totally agree Bobolawleafs, Bishop wont get a 1st round pick and neither would Scrivens.

Unless he has an amazing season that greatly boosts his value, all I can see him netting is a 2nd + B prospect, no more.

Last edited by Hennig: 03-02-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
I said that I don't have an opinion on whether Bishop is better than Scrivens. I think its fairly obvious that a Sens fan would not have watched very much of Ben Scrivens, unless he for some strange reason is also a Marlies fan and watched him play with the Marlies.

I know both of their statlines, and their history but that's all I know about Bishop. I wouldn't trade Scrivens straight-up for Bishop because I've seen a lot of Scrivens and he has really impressed me; not because I necessarily think he's better than Bishop. I pointed out that it was dumb for him to arbitrarily say Bishop is better than Scrivens knowing that a Sens fan wouldn't waste his time taking in a lot of Ben Scrivens hockey.

This thread is not Ben Bishop vs. Ben Scrivens however, so I'll get back on topic. The only people who think this is a decent proposal are Sens fans. That might change if Bishop plays well at the NHL level for more than 6 games this year.
Quote:
I wouldn't trade Scrivens straight-up for Bishop, just because I know more about Scrivens and everything I know about him I like, and on paper they have equal value.
That's forming a opinion based on the information you have. It's a biased opinion, and I don't say that negatively because that's how this place works, but it's an opinion none the less.

Based on what I've seen from Scrivens this year, based on what I've seen from Bishop, based on the numbers on paper, I don't agree with your opinion that they have equal value. Bishop's size and stickhandling ability (if all else were equal) make him the more valuable goaltender.

With that said, I don't think Bishop is worth a first rounder either. I think the Sens might be able to get a 2nd and maybe a prospect for him if the Sens feel they have to trade him but at this point, I don't see a need with Bingo needing a goaltender and all.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:19 PM
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea

vCash: 50
Bishop for Brassard

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Krishna

The thread isn't about Scrivens. Get back on topic.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:27 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Any goalie that can win with Methot as the only NHL calibre Dman (considering that Phillips and Gonchar are both older than dirt, and almost as slow), and put up the numbers that Bishop has is easily worth a 1st. Heck, if Varlomov (I know, the thread isn't about him, but just making a comparison) can net a first, Bishop sure can.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Its not about the quantity, its about the quality. Bishop is playing like a #1 , behind an AHL team playing in the NHL.
No GM in his right mind is going to trade a 1st for a 26 year old goalie who has been playing like #1 for half a dozen games.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Flat Stanley

Steve Mason
Sergei Bobrovsky
Oscar Dansk (2012 2nd round pick, 31st overall)
Joonas Korpisalo (2012 3rd round pick, 62nd overall)

In a first round deep with talent, I doubt they're looking to trade a 1st for a goalie unless he's a proven starter.

They used their 2nd and 3rd round picks in last year's draft on goalies and they acquired one before the draft.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Misfire Puck

I think Columbus has learned it's lesson that goalie can have one succesful season but cannot necessarily repeat that.

Misfire Puck is offline   Reply With Quote