HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Mike Komisarek: Gave a list of 12 teams, but wants a trade.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Al14

vCash: 500
Too bad Mike has not worked out for us.

I liked the signing at the time cause I thought we were taking a half descent player away from the Habs even though I thought that it was too high a salary.

I don't think he has been given a fair chance under Carlyle. I think he'd be better off to allow a trade to any team willing to take him on.

I wish Komi all the best no matter where he ends up.

Al14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:19 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashs View Post
I think the leafs should make some moves right now while they are playing well. Now is the time to get some good picks (I would even consider moving grabo, macarthur and even kessel).
The time to sell for picks is NOT when the team is 3 points out of first

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Al14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
The time to sell for picks is NOT when the team is 3 points out of first
The time to sell Mike K. would be the minute another G.M. offers to take him and his contract off our hands for let's say a 4th to 7th round draft pick.

Al14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:32 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Sigh. Real shame about Komi. He was turning a stride.

A little blame has to go to Carlyle. Don't spew this ******** about "work hard and you'll play" or "entitlement", "accountability", etc. On numerous occasions, the likes of Holzer, Kostka, Gunnarsson, etc. have been trash in more than a few games in a row - yet he still sits.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:33 PM
ITM

Western Conference has to be perfect for a guy like MK with the Hawks running roughshot.

Maybe the Islanders pull through and make everyone happy.

Best of luck, Mike.

ITM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Tony Clifton Leaf
A Mouthful

vCash: 201
If we eat some of his salary, say 2 m a year we might actually be able to get something half-decent back for him. I'd rather save the cap-space and just unload him for scraps to whoever wants him.

Tony Clifton Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Federko

This says a lot about Komi. Carlyle prefers/covets big, physical dman and yet...no room for the defensive liability known as Mike Komisarek. I put Komi right up there with exelby, finger - etc.... The guy is not NHL caliber anymore.

Good piece here on sportsnet about this situation: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/trade..._trade_report/ ... looks like no takers...even if the Leafs offered to eat 50% of the contract. Wow.... Komi should really look into joining the AHL with his buddy Timmy C.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobloblawLeaf View Post
If we eat some of his salary, say 2 m a year we might actually be able to get something half-decent back for him. I'd rather save the cap-space and just unload him for scraps to whoever wants him.
There is an article on sportsnet (see my above post) that suggests there are no takers..even if the Leafs offer to eat 50% of Komi's contract. There is no market for the guy at this time.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Sucks. He was really turning his game around.
Could definitely be a top 4 on another team

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:48 PM
CoveySteele

Weird how this franchise has really lost all identity when it comes to Captains. I hope that the Leafs start to put the "A" or the "C" on players that are in the long term plans. Seems like a joke here now.

CoveySteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
he's played perfectly well this year and the end of last and absolutely does not deserve to be scratched over a guy like Holzer. He should be playing.
myself and countless other leaf fans i know will disagree with your statement. holzer is much better than komisarek. i mean much better. and in a few years - when holzer gets a couple of nhl seasons under his belt we won't even remember komisarek. the guy is horrible. just because carlyle gave me 7 minutes of ice time in a couple of games and he didn't screw anything up doesn't mean he's all of a sudden turned it around.

mike komisarek is and always will be a defensive liability.

Old
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
Sigh. Real shame about Komi. He was turning a stride.

A little blame has to go to Carlyle. Don't spew this ******** about "work hard and you'll play" or "entitlement", "accountability", etc. On numerous occasions, the likes of Holzer, Kostka, Gunnarsson, etc. have been trash in more than a few games in a row - yet he still sits.
This is true, Carlyle is human after all, and I think it's easy to coast on first impressions than it is to dig yourself out of a hole after someone's already made up their mind about who you are.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:49 PM
DaveT83*

Yup Komi really should ask to be sent down to Marlies.

I have zero sympathy for him.

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:50 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by phion keneuf View Post
sucks. He was really turning his game around.
Could definitely be a top 4 on another team
lack?

Old
03-02-2013, 12:53 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

If the team is winning you don't change the line up for a 3rd. pairing guy, or promote a guy from the minors to bench someone helping in the wins.

Nonis probably holding out for something of value.

Total commitment from the receiving team is probably about $5 million over the rest of his contract.

His contract isn't horrible, and in the right situation he might even look good. Leafs didn't change their keepers this year and they look much better.

Running Ronnies are long gone.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:53 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Joy View Post
I really feel bad for the guy.

He was royally screwed under Wilson's tenure, and he was playing well under Carlyle's system until ...eye injury slash being benched. Komi wasn't as bad as his play indicated, and I hope that he does get traded so he can.
Why does anybody feel bad for a lousy hockey player who makes close to 4M dollars a season. Are you kidding me? Anybody feel bad when the career of Jeff Finger was ruined? Dont think so. How about Vesa Toskala? Was a capable NHL goaltender before playing for the Leafs..destroyed...Andrew Raycroft a former Calder winner..destroyed. Nobody cares about these guys, not saying that you should. No more than you should care about this clunker of a hockey stiff. He is done and near the end I believe...but he will probably live better than anybody on this board who "feels sorry" for him.

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Cor
Me Troll? Never

vCash: 50
Mike Komisarek for Tomas Kaberle

Cor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Winreims

Sad thing is that Komisarek was playing pretty well in the 4 games he played ..

Winreims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Safe to say we've seen the last of him in a Leafs uniform. He'll be bought out if a buyer can't be found.

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Kingstonian84*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Maybe. Will we have to eat salery to move him ?
Will we have to throw in a player like the Lombardi trade ?
Could we actually get something for him ?
Does anyone want him ?
I always thought he would make sense to the Islanders.
1. Doubt it
2. Yes, we can probably get a 3rd or 4th for him
3. Yes! Edmonton is really banged up, their missing their top top 4 guys and its forcing them to play Whitney (who they want gone btw) adding Komi would be an addition to them. Komi brings leadership and will help a young Oilers squad, he's physical and when he keeps it simple he is effective.
4. I can see the Islanders too, its near his hometown and they can afford his salary, plus they like our leftovers

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:57 PM
KeziaTML

vCash: 279
He will go elsewhere and thrive in less pressure. All the best, Mike.

KeziaTML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanz View Post
Why does anybody feel bad for a lousy hockey player who makes close to 4M dollars a season. Are you kidding me? Anybody feel bad when the career of Jeff Finger was ruined? Dont think so. How about Vesa Toskala? Was a capable NHL goaltender before playing for the Leafs..destroyed...Andrew Raycroft a former Calder winner..destroyed. Nobody cares about these guys, not saying that you should. No more than you should care about this clunker of a hockey stiff. He is done and near the end I believe...but he will probably live better than anybody on this board who "feels sorry" for him.
I agree. I mean I think a lot of Leaf and hockey fans would have a bit more respect for Komisarek if his list of 12 teams - was actually a list of 29 teams. Additionally, when I read about what hockey fans from other teams are saying, they are making jokes like: "I hope Komisarek's list includes the abbotsford heat or the chicago wolves...."....

He's more than likely done in the NHL.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:00 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
Mike Komisarek for Tomas Kaberle

I'd do it easy

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Kingstonian84*

He's more than likely done in the NHL.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with that! Komi was brutal here because he played in a high tempo system that messed him up. But when Carlye brought in a defense first approach Komi was solid late last year getting top 4 minutes, and he was one of the better blueliners this year before going down with an eye injury. I still think he can be an effective bottom pairing guy for a team looking to add depth and grit for a playoff run, will he ever be the Komi he was pre 2007? No, but I think he can reedeem himself though under a new team.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:01 PM
hockeyfanz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive View Post
I agree. I mean I think a lot of Leaf and hockey fans would have a bit more respect for Komisarek if his list of 12 teams - was actually a list of 29 teams. Additionally, when I read about what hockey fans from other teams are saying, they are making jokes like: "I hope Komisarek's list includes the abbotsford heat or the chicago wolves...."....

He's more than likely done in the NHL.
Why doesnt he do himself a favor and include the Toronto Marlies. He probably would be playing immediately. Mr.Connolly is a better NHL player and always has been than Komisauras. In fact Mikey is no better than another stiff on a similar contract that played for the Marlies for years...Mr.Finger.

hockeyfanz is offline   Reply With Quote