HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXVI

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Laszlo Panaflex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
The way i see it is better centers make average wingers look good ,we will get a winger soon BM is going to make that happen,we only have two more season to make hay while spezza is still a sen .I dont think we will resign him at 31 with a bad back
Just because you don't see them re-signing him doesn't mean they won't. What if he comes back from his injury and doesn't have a back injury for the next couple of seasons? We can't act like it's a forgone conclusion that he will be gone when his contract is up.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:59 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Lol that isn't true. Pretty much every top third liner is close to or has more than 1 hit per game.
you are strangely fixated with hits.

condra is very underrated. if you think he's so easily replaceable throw some names out who can replace him in our organization or potential free agents.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
Im very happy to see people not trying to label us as sellers come trade deadline time because change is needed. It's refreshing to see level headedness in trade proposals.

Im still not sure Regin can make an offensive impact on this team but he has all season to prove his worth. Yes he has the sweet shoot out goal.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:18 PM
Laszlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus View Post
Im very happy to see people not trying to label us as sellers come trade deadline time because change is needed. It's refreshing to see level headedness in trade proposals.

Im still not sure Regin can make an offensive impact on this team but he has all season to prove his worth. Yes he has the sweet shoot out goal.
Regin can probably help the team this year, but I'm not sure where he fits long term. Whenever he starts to play well he seems to get hurt.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:14 AM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Did someone just say we're not going to re-sign Spezza? Come on. @_@

Anyway...I know the rumour was that our management really wanted to draft Jaden Schwartz...any chance that they've touched base with St. Louis? Schwartz had a hell of a game tonight.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:39 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Did someone just say we're not going to re-sign Spezza? Come on. @_@

Anyway...I know the rumour was that our management really wanted to draft Jaden Schwartz...any chance that they've touched base with St. Louis? Schwartz had a hell of a game tonight.
You want us to resign a center,with a bad back. That will be 31 years old,when this contract is up to a 7 or 8 year long contract If Spezza would be willing to take a 3 year extension, I would do it but he is going to get more as a ufa like Brad richards.

He is a good player now but i can see why BM has been sniffing around guys like ROR when need to think about when we wont have him anymore

Old
03-02-2013, 12:48 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo Panaflex View Post
Just because you don't see them re-signing him doesn't mean they won't. What if he comes back from his injury and doesn't have a back injury for the next couple of seasons? We can't act like it's a forgone conclusion that he will be gone when his contract is up.
Look i love Spezza ,but we also cant act like he will be a sen forever .Being realistic do you think Spezza will give up the money and term he would get on the open market ,we wont be able to match that, it wouldnt be good buisness.It would sorta be like the Volchie contract in NJ

Old
03-02-2013, 02:03 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
You want us to resign a center,with a bad back. That will be 31 years old,when this contract is up to a 7 or 8 year long contract If Spezza would be willing to take a 3 year extension, I would do it but he is going to get more as a ufa like Brad richards.

He is a good player now but i can see why BM has been sniffing around guys like ROR when need to think about when we wont have him anymore
Yes, yes I do want to re sign him.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:01 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beville View Post
Yes, yes I do want to re sign him.
I do too but not for 7 or 8 years at 7.5 or 8 mil .If he takes a little less then iam all in

Old
03-02-2013, 07:44 AM
BK201

He's worth the 7-8.5 million.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
I do too but not for 7 or 8 years at 7.5 or 8 mil .If he takes a little less then iam all in
At 31, I reckon Spezza will ask for around 5.5-7 (Ambitious I know)

Old
03-02-2013, 08:39 AM
operasen

Makes me wonder if Murray uses a trade chip like a Gonchar or Bishop in a package to move up to get a Monahan type of return. We need to find the next Spezza (it isn't Turris) and develop him.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:58 AM
BK201

Gonchar will be gone by the draft and I think we'll be to far away to hit the top 10.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:51 AM
Pancakes Pancakes

vCash: 1100
I dreamnt we packaged bishop with our 2014 1st for a young top forward. He had no name though. Did it happen?

Old
03-02-2013, 10:20 AM
sensageddon

Spezza is a point a game guy and he has been working really hard of his defensive game. His experience in the league, skill and his will to win and play for ottawa makes him almost irreplaceable. The only way we are getting a better C is luck.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:26 AM
sensageddon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Gonchar will be gone by the draft and I think we'll be to far away to hit the top 10.
I really hope he stays in Ottawa. I think he's a huge reason why we are still winning games with so many guys out. Seems like a really nice guy and without a doubt commands a lot of respect in the locker room. The younger players really benifit having him on the team. I hope he stays at least 1 more year becuase next year we are going to have a really good shot at the cup as long as the sens can stay healthy.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:34 AM
sensageddon

Quote:
Look i love Spezza ,but we also cant act like he will be a sen forever .Being realistic do you think Spezza will give up the money and term he would get on the open market ,we wont be able to match that, it wouldnt be good buisness.It would sorta be like the Volchie contract in NJ
Spezz likes Ottawa and likes his team and I don't think he needs more money. If he does move i'll blame it on his wife lol

Old
03-02-2013, 10:41 AM
HockeySens

Quote:

A healthy spezza is a legit #1 center, I think that if the sens want to win a cup in 2,3,4 years spezza is going to be the #1 center, its hard to find a #1 center in the league, it can only be done by high draft, free agency( and ottawa is not exactly popular in that area) or a trade( which rarely happens). If sens don't resign spezza after his contract expires, where are they gonna find a #1 C? that will just be a step back in the process to win a cup.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:59 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
A healthy Spezza is top 5 center in the league. Let's not get it twisted guys.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:55 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
A healthy Spezza is top 5 center in the league. Let's not get it twisted guys.
Only to homer sens fans. To anyone else who knows anything about hockey, he's not.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:57 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Only to homer sens fans. To anyone else who knows anything about hockey, he's not.
Prove to me he isn't. He is 6th overall in PPG since lockout. Finished 4th in NHL scoring last year. Was near PPG in injury riddled-seasons with Butler/Greening as his linemates.

Heck, last year he had Greening as his linemate and still got as much as he did.

Over a PPG in his career and PPG in playoffs.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:58 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Prove to me he isn't. He is 6th overall in PPG since lockout. Finished 4th in NHL scoring last year. Was near PPG in injury riddled-seasons with Butler/Greening as his linemates.

Heck, last year he had Greening as his linemate and still got as much as he did.

Over a PPG in his career and PPG in playoffs.
There's much more to hockey than points. Obviously.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:03 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
There's much more to hockey than points. Obviously.
Lol, nice comeback. With that type of production, everything else doesn't even matter. Also lead the playoffs in points so you can't say he isn't performing when needed.

He is also one of the best face-off men in the league(Something that is SO underrated in hockey) and plays a stronger 2 way game and was huge part of great PK success early on this year breaking up offensive zone plays.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:10 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySens View Post
A healthy spezza is a legit #1 center, I think that if the sens want to win a cup in 2,3,4 years spezza is going to be the #1 center, its hard to find a #1 center in the league, it can only be done by high draft, free agency( and ottawa is not exactly popular in that area) or a trade( which rarely happens). If sens don't resign spezza after his contract expires, where are they gonna find a #1 C? that will just be a step back in the process to win a cup.
This is all true ,thats why I can see why BM was sniffing around ROR .I can also see us drafting one this season

Old
03-02-2013, 01:18 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Quote:
This coming from the guy that called Methot a borderline #5 D.

How is Methot doing this year?

Closed Thread