HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Which player DO YOU think gets traded?

View Poll Results: Which player DO YOU think will be traded?
Kyle Quincey 11 15.28%
Jakub Kindl 29 40.28%
Valtteri Filppula 15 20.83%
Brian Lashoff 1 1.39%
Patrick Eaves 4 5.56%
Justin Abdelkader 3 4.17%
Joakim Andersson 0 0%
Other (tell us in the thread) 9 12.50%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-27-2013, 03:21 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

vCash: 500
Ian White may be on the table now...

VladTheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:29 PM
TS Quint

Quote:
Originally Posted by icKx View Post
It will be Kindl

Out of those options I'd most like to see Abby shipped out. I really don't see what he brings anymore.

19GP | 0G | 1A | -5 | 13:26 TOI/G

Now look at Tootoo:

19GP | 2G | 2A | +2 | 9:05 TOI/G
Watch Abs along the boards. He does a great job in that area and that's something we are lacking. And he's hitting everything he can. Points are irrelevent when discussing either one of these players. I also think Tootoo has done a great job overall.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:16 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
Ian White may be on the table now...
I don't know, I'm probably completely wrong here, but I still think they're trying to give Quincey one last, good showing before shipping him off to someone. White may be headed somewhere, but Quincey, for as bad-to-meh as he's been, has gotten WAY too many chances for what he's brought, as well as his salary.

White is far more valuable, not even including the lower salary he's currently sitting at.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:46 PM
Z40
High Compete Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
I don't know, I'm probably completely wrong here, but I still think they're trying to give Quincey one last, good showing before shipping him off to someone. White may be headed somewhere, but Quincey, for as bad-to-meh as he's been, has gotten WAY too many chances for what he's brought, as well as his salary.

White is far more valuable, not even including the lower salary he's currently sitting at.
You could be right, unless they're trying to phase out smaller players (i.e. White). We all know Babcock likes "big" players (i.e. Lashoff). And we know the Wings have been making a conscious effort to get bigger through drafting. It wouldn't surprise me if Babcock is trying to send yet another message to Holland (i.e. "Get me bigger players NOW").

Or maybe I'm looking too much into it and Babcock is only sitting White against L.A. because they are a big team.

Z40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

I voted White, after reading his comments on mlive.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....rustrated.html

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Flowah
#somethingholland

Quote:
The guy never gets scratched. Even when he was noticeably one of the worst players on the ice. When HFBoards can agree how terrible he was at the beginning of the season, you know it's not just an opinion thing.

How does he become scratch proof? Just because he cost a lot?

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:44 PM
TatarTangle

If White got a 1st round draft pick in return I can't say I'd miss him.

Quincey isn't going anywhere, they blew a 1st round draft pick on him. He'd be lucky to get a 5th now.

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 05:50 PM
TCNorthstars

vCash: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post

Much ado about nothing here. Every player is pissed when they get scratched. White just told somebody about it.

TCNorthstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:01 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
Much ado about nothing here. Every player is pissed when they get scratched. White just told somebody about it.
Well that is something in Detroit, they aren't a big fan of that behavior. Not only that he basically said after he was told he had things to work on his game that he has nothing to work on just has bad puck luck. That isn't exactly getting the message.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:10 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:

If they were trying to trade White, they'd be playing him. Sitting a guy doesn't improve his trade value. The only exception is if they're working on trading White immediately and they're worried he'd get injured on the road trip.

The guys that are playing are the ones that could get traded.

Look at Mursak. He came in for a couple games over guys like Eaves, then they dumped him. They were trying to get someone interested enough to even give them a bag of pucks for him.

Kinda surprised so many people are reading this as "White is about to get traded".

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro;60602577 [B
The only exception is if they're working on trading White immediately and they're worried he'd get injured on the road trip.
[/B]
That's what I'm thinking.

Also, a guy like White has been around long enough, that he doesn't have to be showcased for a trade; pro scouts know what he brings.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:30 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Quote:
That's what I'm thinking.

Also, a guy like White has been around long enough, that he doesn't have to be showcased for a trade; pro scouts know what he brings.
I dunno, I have a hard time seeing them trading their only right shooting defenseman. He's had a rough couple of games but has been ok most of the year.

I think the only way they deal him right now is if someone called up and offered a Quinceyesque deal.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:05 PM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

Quote:

Holland just traded a 1st for him 10 months ago. That would be atrocious asset management by our front office. I just cannot see them trading Q at this point in time.

Quote:
If White got a 1st round draft pick in return I can't say I'd miss him.

Quincey isn't going anywhere, they blew a 1st round draft pick on him. He'd be lucky to get a 5th now.
A 1st may be a bit of wishful thinking since we have seen a 2007 top-10 pick go for a 5th and Simon Gagne go for a 4th this season. I think a 2nd or 3rd + a mid-level prospect are very reasonable though. Come on Kenny!

VladTheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Spitfire11

Well Quincey being a healthy scratch didn't seem to hurt his trade value...

Spitfire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 03:18 AM
jaster
glendeningforcaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
Holland just traded a 1st for him 10 months ago. That would be atrocious asset management by our front office. I just cannot see them trading Q at this point in time.
A failed experiment is a failed experiment. If Quincey is deemed a failed experiment (and I don't think he is by Wings management, though he must certainly be trending in that direction), it is not bad asset management to be rid of him. It just means that it was poor talent evaluation when we originally traded for him.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:47 AM
14ari13

It seems it might be White.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 03:08 AM
Point Shot
"We like our team."

Definitely looking like White, especially with Babcock talking up that he likes the D just fine without him.

Point Shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
If they are going to trade White, I'd see him a good fit for NY Rangers. Their defensive depth is horrible and would welcome a R-hand shot.

Because we have too many defenceman, just get some pick of him.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:26 AM
crashman

vCash: 1376
Maybe it's my OCD, but it racks my brain every time I look at the roster.

We have so many spare parts on this team, and guys that should be playing full-time that simply can't because of the overcrowded roster.

Tatar should be full-time regardless. Having Miller, Eaves, Abdelkader and Emmerton is an overkill because Tootoo and Helm need to be playing every game that they're available. Then you have Sheahan and Andersson who both could/should be playing in the NHL. It's crazy.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Kiddington
heehats

I dunno. I think if they were trading White, it'd have happened by now.

Seems more likely to me that they're showcasing Kindl/Quincey... hopefully Quincey. I know he's played better lately, but my preferences for defenseman would rather see him on the out over Kindl (whom I feel has a much higher ceiling, and we're finally starting to get a glimpse of just what he can offer when actually given a chance).

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:48 AM
djdan6215

franzen
eaves
sammuelson
mursak
white

but what the wings need in exchange

djdan6215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddington View Post
I dunno. I think if they were trading White, it'd have happened by now.

Seems more likely to me that they're showcasing Kindl/Quincey... hopefully Quincey. I know he's played better lately, but my preferences for defenseman would rather see him on the out over Kindl (whom I feel has a much higher ceiling, and we're finally starting to get a glimpse of just what he can offer when actually given a chance).
I agree with the idea they are showcasing a d-man since the team is more or less healthy on defense. Colaiacovo is due back tomorrow, so if we're going to make a trade I think there's a good chance it happens soon.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Flowah
#somethingholland

Anyone watched Wayne Simmonds play? I've caught a few of his games since getting game center. The guy plays the way I wish Franzen would. Same cap hit too. Plays big, strong, physical, good hands, scores.

Too bad

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Austin Wings Fan

Do people think its a given that we trade anybody? I don't see anyone getting moved, at least not a defenseman, unless we are getting an upgrade.

Holland's refusal to move roster players in trades is well documented. Outside of the universally reviled Jason Williams (traded for Kyle Calder in 2007), I think the last roster player the Wings traded in season was Sean Avery in the Schneider deal.

Additionally, I think Ken is on-record saying "you can never have enough blueline depth for the playoffs." He's not necessarily wrong either, as 2007 proves.

Beyond these considerations, none of the players being discussed here have much (if any) trade value. Guys like Eaves, Mursak, Andersson, Kindl and White won't net anything valuable other than draft picks.

If the Wings decide to "sell" at the deadline, I can certainly see White fetching a 2nd round pick, or a 2nd and 3rd kind of package. Still, does anyone think they sell players for futures while they are in playoff hunt? I don't.

If our assets would only return draft picks, I don't think we trade them, barring us falling into the basement of the conference.

Austin Wings Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Anyone watched Wayne Simmonds play? I've caught a few of his games since getting game center. The guy plays the way I wish Franzen would. Same cap hit too. Plays big, strong, physical, good hands, scores.

Too bad
Yeah, I like Simmonds. He can scrap too. Perfect fit in Philly.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote