HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Matt Frattin - Says he will play against Pittsburgh.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-25-2013, 09:49 PM
  #201
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft
 
pooleboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 5,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
A Nikolai Kulemin kind of player.
a JVR type of player

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:06 PM
  #202
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
I don't know why but when I read this I can almost hear you saying it in the same way my kids ask about going out to something like Canada's WonderLand..."are we going to ride all the rides, are we going to have ice cream?".


Was totally like WTF????? Until I saw who you quoted.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:52 PM
  #203
jughead42
Registered User
 
jughead42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,745
vCash: 500
I can't wait for this kid to get back into the lineup. Right now we're chugging along without him however, so there's no need to rush him back. I want him healthy for the playoffs because I think we might make it in this year. People love to play the comparison game with players, and in my opinion this kid is like a poor man's Rick Nash. He's not a physically punishing or quick winger, he's just a big guy with a wicked shot who uses his body and size to get into good scoring positions.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:57 PM
  #204
meng666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
I can't wait for this kid to get back into the lineup. Right now we're chugging along without him however, so there's no need to rush him back. I want him healthy for the playoffs because I think we might make it in this year. People love to play the comparison game with players, and in my opinion this kid is like a poor man's Rick Nash. He's not a physically punishing or quick winger, he's just a big guy with a wicked shot who uses his body and size to get into good scoring positions.
Yup.
But you forgot to add that kadri sucks and we should trade him NOW!

meng666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:08 AM
  #205
Sergei Berezin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 5,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
I can't wait for this kid to get back into the lineup. Right now we're chugging along without him however, so there's no need to rush him back. I want him healthy for the playoffs because I think we might make it in this year. People love to play the comparison game with players, and in my opinion this kid is like a poor man's Rick Nash. He's not a physically punishing or quick winger, he's just a big guy with a wicked shot who uses his body and size to get into good scoring positions.
Really?

You rip Kadri at every turn, but Frattin, who is most likely a benefactor of Kadri rather than the other way around, is being compared to Rick Nash?

Frattin is Mike Knuble.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:16 AM
  #206
jughead42
Registered User
 
jughead42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by meng666 View Post
Yup.
But you forgot to add that kadri sucks and we should trade him NOW!
He made a couple of nice passes tonight, that's for sure. Do people find it so hard to figure out that I traditionally hate Kadri because I loathed him from watching him in junior, yet now he's on my favorite NHL team? It's not that complicated. I want him to do well, so maybe I won't hate him so much. He's looked good at times, but other times his flaws are still apparent and because of my natural hatred for him as a player his flaws stick out more to me. Maybe that's not fair, but it is what it is. It's not trolling, or being a dick, it's me dealing with the fact that a player I truly hate is helping my team win. I don't care that I'm probably wrong about him being a bust, I'm cool with being wrong. It happens a lot to smart hockey people, smarter hockey people than me. Can I talk about Frattin now? I like him a lot, and it's pretty ignorant to make out like Kadri is propping him up. He's earned his way here, and Kadri didnt' play with him in college when he was a top goal scorer.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:18 AM
  #207
Bomber0104
Boom
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Iraq
Posts: 6,995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Really?

You rip Kadri at every turn, but Frattin, who is most likely a benefactor of Kadri rather than the other way around, is being compared to Rick Nash?

Frattin is Mike Knuble.
Frattin is a stud. Not a passenger.

None of his goals were even close to being gift wrapped this season, last, or with the Marlies.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:29 AM
  #208
meng666
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
He made a couple of nice passes tonight, that's for sure. Do people find it so hard to figure out that I traditionally hate Kadri because I loathed him from watching him in junior, yet now he's on my favorite NHL team? It's not that complicated. I want him to do well, so maybe I won't hate him so much. He's looked good at times, but other times his flaws are still apparent and because of my natural hatred for him as a player his flaws stick out more to me. Maybe that's not fair, but it is what it is. It's not trolling, or being a dick, it's me dealing with the fact that a player I truly hate is helping my team win. I don't care that I'm probably wrong about him being a bust, I'm cool with being wrong. It happens a lot to smart hockey people, smarter hockey people than me. Can I talk about Frattin now? I like him a lot, and it's pretty ignorant to make out like Kadri is propping him up. He's earned his way here, and Kadri didnt' play with him in college when he was a top goal scorer.
You probably should have left that junior stuff behind when he was drafted instead of going on about it 4 years later and calling Kadri a turd and anybody that thought he was capable of playing in the nhl a fanboy. I didn't watch any of his games against the spitfires but I can't imagine he was that much of an agitator to cause so much resentment. I mean, he probably drew some chintzy penalties, face washed some guys, and that's about it. No wonder people were questioning your dislike of the guy. I'm done now tho. Back to Frattin! He's great! his vision is underrated I think. Remember this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfoI4jVCA-w
His passes aren't always graceful but they are super smart.


Last edited by meng666: 02-26-2013 at 01:48 AM.
meng666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:32 AM
  #209
BlueStorm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Very nice pass!
I was excited for a top 3 pick this year but with players like Frattin, kadri and JVR taking off I have a little hope for the future. Maybe we can attract a big UFA this summer?

BlueStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:46 PM
  #210
HoBOonFiRE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
While listening to the jays game online earlier, I heard that Carlyle said Frattin as well as Reimer should be made avaliable for Thursdays game vs the Isles. Wondering if anyone else has heard the same?

HoBOonFiRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:15 PM
  #211
SteveV*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoBOonFiRE View Post
While listening to the jays game online earlier, I heard that Carlyle said Frattin as well as Reimer should be made avaliable for Thursdays game vs the Isles. Wondering if anyone else has heard the same?
I know he said Reimer, no idea about Frattin, but he didn't do contact today.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:50 PM
  #212
Crispy Crust
Registered User
 
Crispy Crust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Land of 13 Cups
Posts: 15,305
vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I know he said Reimer, no idea about Frattin, but he didn't do contact today.
We have 3 days off after the Isles game, so I would assume Reimer and Frattin should be ready to go sometime next week.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:52 PM
  #213
G51 K81*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Really?

You rip Kadri at every turn, but Frattin, who is most likely a benefactor of Kadri rather than the other way around, is being compared to Rick Nash?

Frattin is Mike Knuble.
Why pump somebodies tires by putting another player down.

Why can't they both be great up and coming players?

G51 K81* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 06:05 PM
  #214
Rielly Good
Registered User
 
Rielly Good's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
Why pump somebodies tires by putting another player down.

Why can't they both be great up and coming players?
They not offer a lot. We complain Kadri was playing with Lombardi and ppl who couldn't finish. No he's playing with someone who can finish and it's all Kadri still? They are both good!!

Rielly Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:02 AM
  #215
HellasLEAF
Bring back Killer
 
HellasLEAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,886
vCash: 500
I read that Frattin is close. If so..excited.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:05 AM
  #216
Bomber0104
Boom
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Iraq
Posts: 6,995
vCash: 500
I've been on these boards for a while...and wow..has this guy's fanbase grown. Everyone used to hate him last year and make threads hoping he'd get sent to the Marlies, and now he's nearly at savior level.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:35 AM
  #217
cdosrun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Frattin cleared for contact, and will participate in full team practice tomorrow.

cdosrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:06 PM
  #218
Duffman955
Registered User
 
Duffman955's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,082
vCash: 500
The chemistry between two of our best prospects have (kadri and Frattin) is really exciting to watch.

Kadri with his dangles and click passes are complimented perfectly by frattin's shot and nose for the net. Hope they can light it up for years to come.

Duffman955 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:08 PM
  #219
Morguee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdosrun View Post
Frattin cleared for contact, and will participate in full team practice tomorrow.
At what point is a player deemed to be on the active roster?

Morguee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:17 PM
  #220
CoveySteele
Registered User
 
CoveySteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Cape Breton Island
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Been one of my favorite prospects to watch for the past 4 years. So happy to see him succeeding in the big leagues. If he finds another level of vision in his game, this kid could be scary.

CoveySteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:55 PM
  #221
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,692
vCash: 50
Good to hear he's getting closer to being back in the lineup.

While Kadri is managing to get things done without much help, having someone like Frattin on the wing would be handy. Creates a solid skill line with MacArthur-Kadri-Frattin, with MacArthur really getting slipped out of that spot when Lupul comes back and the lines get figured out.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:09 PM
  #222
Trigger96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 358
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
He made a couple of nice passes tonight, that's for sure. Do people find it so hard to figure out that I traditionally hate Kadri because I loathed him from watching him in junior, yet now he's on my favorite NHL team? It's not that complicated. I want him to do well, so maybe I won't hate him so much. He's looked good at times, but other times his flaws are still apparent and because of my natural hatred for him as a player his flaws stick out more to me. Maybe that's not fair, but it is what it is. It's not trolling, or being a dick, it's me dealing with the fact that a player I truly hate is helping my team win. I don't care that I'm probably wrong about him being a bust, I'm cool with being wrong. It happens a lot to smart hockey people, smarter hockey people than me. Can I talk about Frattin now? I like him a lot, and it's pretty ignorant to make out like Kadri is propping him up. He's earned his way here, and Kadri didnt' play with him in college when he was a top goal scorer.
what flaws? he hits, he cycles, he passes extremely well, he's creative...

if you hate Kadri so much for his "flaws" I'd love to hear your thoughts on the rest of the teams "flaws"

were you expecting Sidney Crosby? heck, even HE has "flaws"

Trigger96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:11 PM
  #223
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Good to hear he's getting closer to being back in the lineup.

While Kadri is managing to get things done without much help, having someone like Frattin on the wing would be handy. Creates a solid skill line with MacArthur-Kadri-Frattin, with MacArthur really getting slipped out of that spot when Lupul comes back and the lines get figured out.
When we're fully healthy, I'd personally go with:

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - McLaren

Looks like a good team to me!

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:12 PM
  #224
Cool Beans Man
Registered User
 
Cool Beans Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
I've been on these boards for a while...and wow..has this guy's fanbase grown. Everyone used to hate him last year and make threads hoping he'd get sent to the Marlies, and now he's nearly at savior level.
I don't remember that many people hating Frattin?

Cool Beans Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:17 PM
  #225
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,692
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
When we're fully healthy, I'd personally go with:

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - McLaren

Looks like a good team to me!
Maybe, but I just don't like putting our leading goal scorer on the shutdown line. Now if that fourth line was legitimate then you could treat that as the shutdown line and afford to give Grabo some offensive players to work with. But I find it hard to believe Carlyle who has kept moving Orr up the lineup would scratch him. Or abandon the idea of his fourth line being a tough guy line.

Anyways, I'd rather give our top offensive center, some of our top wingers on his line. All he's missing to displace Bozak on the top line frankly is improving his faceoff %.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.