HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Matt Frattin - Says he will play against Pittsburgh.

Old
02-25-2013, 09:49 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
A Nikolai Kulemin kind of player.
a JVR type of player

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:06 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
I don't know why but when I read this I can almost hear you saying it in the same way my kids ask about going out to something like Canada's WonderLand..."are we going to ride all the rides, are we going to have ice cream?".

Was totally like WTF????? Until I saw who you quoted.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:52 PM
jughead42

I can't wait for this kid to get back into the lineup. Right now we're chugging along without him however, so there's no need to rush him back. I want him healthy for the playoffs because I think we might make it in this year. People love to play the comparison game with players, and in my opinion this kid is like a poor man's Rick Nash. He's not a physically punishing or quick winger, he's just a big guy with a wicked shot who uses his body and size to get into good scoring positions.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 11:57 PM
meng666

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
I can't wait for this kid to get back into the lineup. Right now we're chugging along without him however, so there's no need to rush him back. I want him healthy for the playoffs because I think we might make it in this year. People love to play the comparison game with players, and in my opinion this kid is like a poor man's Rick Nash. He's not a physically punishing or quick winger, he's just a big guy with a wicked shot who uses his body and size to get into good scoring positions.
Yup.
But you forgot to add that kadri sucks and we should trade him NOW!

meng666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:08 AM
Sergei Berezin

Quote:
Really?

You rip Kadri at every turn, but Frattin, who is most likely a benefactor of Kadri rather than the other way around, is being compared to Rick Nash?

Frattin is Mike Knuble.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:16 AM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by meng666 View Post
Yup.
But you forgot to add that kadri sucks and we should trade him NOW!
He made a couple of nice passes tonight, that's for sure. Do people find it so hard to figure out that I traditionally hate Kadri because I loathed him from watching him in junior, yet now he's on my favorite NHL team? It's not that complicated. I want him to do well, so maybe I won't hate him so much. He's looked good at times, but other times his flaws are still apparent and because of my natural hatred for him as a player his flaws stick out more to me. Maybe that's not fair, but it is what it is. It's not trolling, or being a dick, it's me dealing with the fact that a player I truly hate is helping my team win. I don't care that I'm probably wrong about him being a bust, I'm cool with being wrong. It happens a lot to smart hockey people, smarter hockey people than me. Can I talk about Frattin now? I like him a lot, and it's pretty ignorant to make out like Kadri is propping him up. He's earned his way here, and Kadri didnt' play with him in college when he was a top goal scorer.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 12:18 AM
Bomber0104
Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Really?

You rip Kadri at every turn, but Frattin, who is most likely a benefactor of Kadri rather than the other way around, is being compared to Rick Nash?

Frattin is Mike Knuble.
Frattin is a stud. Not a passenger.

None of his goals were even close to being gift wrapped this season, last, or with the Marlies.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 01:29 AM
meng666

Quote:
He made a couple of nice passes tonight, that's for sure. Do people find it so hard to figure out that I traditionally hate Kadri because I loathed him from watching him in junior, yet now he's on my favorite NHL team? It's not that complicated. I want him to do well, so maybe I won't hate him so much. He's looked good at times, but other times his flaws are still apparent and because of my natural hatred for him as a player his flaws stick out more to me. Maybe that's not fair, but it is what it is. It's not trolling, or being a dick, it's me dealing with the fact that a player I truly hate is helping my team win. I don't care that I'm probably wrong about him being a bust, I'm cool with being wrong. It happens a lot to smart hockey people, smarter hockey people than me. Can I talk about Frattin now? I like him a lot, and it's pretty ignorant to make out like Kadri is propping him up. He's earned his way here, and Kadri didnt' play with him in college when he was a top goal scorer.
You probably should have left that junior stuff behind when he was drafted instead of going on about it 4 years later and calling Kadri a turd and anybody that thought he was capable of playing in the nhl a fanboy. I didn't watch any of his games against the spitfires but I can't imagine he was that much of an agitator to cause so much resentment. I mean, he probably drew some chintzy penalties, face washed some guys, and that's about it. No wonder people were questioning your dislike of the guy. I'm done now tho. Back to Frattin! He's great! his vision is underrated I think. Remember this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfoI4jVCA-w
His passes aren't always graceful but they are super smart.

Last edited by meng666: 02-26-2013 at 01:48 AM.
meng666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 10:32 AM
BlueStorm

Very nice pass!
I was excited for a top 3 pick this year but with players like Frattin, kadri and JVR taking off I have a little hope for the future. Maybe we can attract a big UFA this summer?

BlueStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 04:46 PM
HoBOonFiRE

While listening to the jays game online earlier, I heard that Carlyle said Frattin as well as Reimer should be made avaliable for Thursdays game vs the Isles. Wondering if anyone else has heard the same?

HoBOonFiRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:15 PM
SteveV*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoBOonFiRE View Post
While listening to the jays game online earlier, I heard that Carlyle said Frattin as well as Reimer should be made avaliable for Thursdays game vs the Isles. Wondering if anyone else has heard the same?
I know he said Reimer, no idea about Frattin, but he didn't do contact today.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Crispy Crust

vCash: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I know he said Reimer, no idea about Frattin, but he didn't do contact today.
We have 3 days off after the Isles game, so I would assume Reimer and Frattin should be ready to go sometime next week.

Crispy Crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 05:52 PM
G51 K81*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
Really?

Frattin is Mike Knuble.
Why pump somebodies tires by putting another player down.

Why can't they both be great up and coming players?

G51 K81* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Rielly Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
Why pump somebodies tires by putting another player down.

Why can't they both be great up and coming players?
They not offer a lot. We complain Kadri was playing with Lombardi and ppl who couldn't finish. No he's playing with someone who can finish and it's all Kadri still? They are both good!!

Rielly Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:02 AM
HellasLEAF
Bring back Killer

I read that Frattin is close. If so..excited.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 01:05 AM
Bomber0104
Boom

I've been on these boards for a while...and wow..has this guy's fanbase grown. Everyone used to hate him last year and make threads hoping he'd get sent to the Marlies, and now he's nearly at savior level.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:35 AM
cdosrun

Frattin cleared for contact, and will participate in full team practice tomorrow.

cdosrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Duffman955

The chemistry between two of our best prospects have (kadri and Frattin) is really exciting to watch.

Kadri with his dangles and click passes are complimented perfectly by frattin's shot and nose for the net. Hope they can light it up for years to come.

Duffman955 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Morguee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdosrun View Post
Frattin cleared for contact, and will participate in full team practice tomorrow.
At what point is a player deemed to be on the active roster?

Morguee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:17 PM
CoveySteele

Been one of my favorite prospects to watch for the past 4 years. So happy to see him succeeding in the big leagues. If he finds another level of vision in his game, this kid could be scary.

CoveySteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:55 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Good to hear he's getting closer to being back in the lineup.

While Kadri is managing to get things done without much help, having someone like Frattin on the wing would be handy. Creates a solid skill line with MacArthur-Kadri-Frattin, with MacArthur really getting slipped out of that spot when Lupul comes back and the lines get figured out.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Trigger96

Quote:
what flaws? he hits, he cycles, he passes extremely well, he's creative...

if you hate Kadri so much for his "flaws" I'd love to hear your thoughts on the rest of the teams "flaws"

were you expecting Sidney Crosby? heck, even HE has "flaws"

Trigger96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:11 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Good to hear he's getting closer to being back in the lineup.

While Kadri is managing to get things done without much help, having someone like Frattin on the wing would be handy. Creates a solid skill line with MacArthur-Kadri-Frattin, with MacArthur really getting slipped out of that spot when Lupul comes back and the lines get figured out.
When we're fully healthy, I'd personally go with:

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - McLaren

Looks like a good team to me!

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Cool Beans Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
I've been on these boards for a while...and wow..has this guy's fanbase grown. Everyone used to hate him last year and make threads hoping he'd get sent to the Marlies, and now he's nearly at savior level.
I don't remember that many people hating Frattin?

Cool Beans Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 01:17 PM
FlareKnight

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
When we're fully healthy, I'd personally go with:

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
MacArthur - Kadri - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - McLaren

Looks like a good team to me!
Maybe, but I just don't like putting our leading goal scorer on the shutdown line. Now if that fourth line was legitimate then you could treat that as the shutdown line and afford to give Grabo some offensive players to work with. But I find it hard to believe Carlyle who has kept moving Orr up the lineup would scratch him. Or abandon the idea of his fourth line being a tough guy line.

Anyways, I'd rather give our top offensive center, some of our top wingers on his line. All he's missing to displace Bozak on the top line frankly is improving his faceoff %.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote