HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills - Off-Season 2013 (Draft day draft day gotta get down on draft day)

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 11:38 PM
dma0034

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
They really need to sign Levitre. A bad team like the Bills can't afford to let their strength (offensive line) walk away for nothing. Losing Andy would be a huge loss. I'd much rather have him than Byrd.
To address how impressive Byrd was last year: He was targeted 21 times.... he had 5 interceptions.... no TDs were scored against him..... plus he is excellent in run support.... the guy would be picked up on day 1.

If Levitre walks than the Bills must spend a pick on either RG or LG (swinging Glenn over could work) in the first 3-4 rounds.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:24 AM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

vCash: 500
Byrd is a much more important piece to take care of than Levitre, but the best option, obviously, would be to get both back.

I'm assuming Levitre is already gone, though. The Bills have cap space, so it can't be purely about the money unless Andy is overvaluing himself, which I doubt is the case based on how much of a team player he's been in the past.

My gut feeling is that Levitre wants to go to a winner, and isn't sure where things are headed here yet. If we were to get him back, my guess would be that'd it'd be a day or two into free agency after we've made a move or two.

Chances are the Bills think they can use that money elsewhere, and because guard is toward the bottom the NFL-importance barrel, they feel they'd be best off skimping there.

I don't argue with it, but I'd still like to see Andy back.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:45 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Don't want to lose Levitre. Don't care about value of position, or priorities, or whatever it is: the fact of the matter is that our offensive line has somehow been a strong point the last two seasons, and he was a huge reason why that was the case. Versatile, durable, and willing to be in our city. Gotta retain.

I don't see us letting him walk without - at the very least - a fair offer thrown his way.

Old
03-02-2013, 04:00 AM
Digable5

Between Byrd and Levitre, I am glad they made Byrd the priority. I would like to have Andy back because the line has played pretty well together. However, even though I am not thrilled with the OL coaching choice, I am confident Doug Marrone will develop a strong OL. If not in year 1, definitely by year 2. He took an atrocious Syracuse OL and turned it into a strength without the help of blue-chip prospects.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:18 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Anybody know of a decent place for NFL salary cap information? I know it's hard to find. I would just like to take a look for myself.

Old
03-02-2013, 12:01 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Byrd is a must keep. They can't let him get away...franchising him is the right move.
Levitre is a should do everything they can to keep. So basically half a tier lower.

Franchising an OG is usually not a good idea because of the salary required. Safety is a better position to franchise anyways, but Byrd is priority 1. Levitre priority 1.5.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Anybody know of a decent place for NFL salary cap information? I know it's hard to find. I would just like to take a look for myself.
http://www.overthecap.com/teamcap.ph...ills&Year=2013

Old
03-02-2013, 01:25 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
So they have $13 million in space if Byrd plays next season under the one year tender. They should cut Brad Smith ($3.750 million) to free up some room, which would give them about $16 million in space.

Figure $8 million hit for Andy and that leaves $8 million to sign draft picks. Seeing as how Gilmore made $2.8 million, that leaves $5.2 million to sign the rest of the draft picks and fill out the roster.

That's incredibly tight, and only if they can shed Brad Smith without any real consequences.

It's pretty depressing that the Bills roster costs $10 million more than New Englands.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:43 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Would be something if they signed all 3.

Hopefully they would bring back Nelson as a 4th option.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:46 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Get rid of Wood and sign Levitre.

I was reading another forum on the net and chatter is that the Bills are interested in ravens LB Paul Kruger. Ravens not likely to tag him

Old
03-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Get rid of Wood and sign Levitre.
????? Absolutely not. Marrone's time in Syracuse is proof that having a good C makes a big difference. Wasn't it just last offseason that Rhinehart was pushing Levitre for a spot? I would love to keep this OL intact but I keep Wood before Levitre every time.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
So happy they retained Byrd. I would've been so pissed if they let him walk. It would've left a sour taste in my mouth for a long time.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:49 PM
dma0034

Quote:
So they have $13 million in space if Byrd plays next season under the one year tender. They should cut Brad Smith ($3.750 million) to free up some room, which would give them about $16 million in space.

Figure $8 million hit for Andy and that leaves $8 million to sign draft picks. Seeing as how Gilmore made $2.8 million, that leaves $5.2 million to sign the rest of the draft picks and fill out the roster.

That's incredibly tight, and only if they can shed Brad Smith without any real consequences.

It's pretty depressing that the Bills roster costs $10 million more than New Englands.
They currently have 20 million free with Byrd. Expect Fitzpatrick to get a reduction in pay and perhaps Smith gets cut bringing it up to 30. They could resign Levitre and still get a top end WR and sign their draft picks no problem

Old
03-02-2013, 03:50 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
????? Absolutely not. Marrone's time in Syracuse is proof that having a good C makes a big difference. Wasn't it just last offseason that Rhinehart was pushing Levitre for a spot? I would love to keep this OL intact but I keep Wood before Levitre every time.
You want to keep a guy who is 0-3 in finishing seasons? Levitre a way better asset.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Takeo

I think it's safe to say that Levitre is gone.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:58 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
If they let him walk and then trade his replacement in the first round this season I'll flip the **** out. That's what bad teams do.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:07 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Blame them for trying.......

Old
03-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Takeo

Quote:
If they let him walk and then trade his replacement in the first round this season I'll flip the **** out. That's what bad teams do.
I highly doubt they go Warmack/Cooper at #8. Although an OT is very possible there. More likely they re-sign Rinehart, a different bargain free agent, maybe Pugh in the 3rd round, or try a guy like Sanders inside. It just doesn't make sense to pour $7M into an OG with all the other holes.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:08 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Not sure how credible this is but Fitz's days really numbered?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...single-digits/

I have a hard time believing it. It's not like TJax is betterby that much(if at all)They don't save much in cutting him. A re-structure makes more sense.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:26 PM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
Not sure how credible this is but Fitz's days really numbered?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...single-digits/

I have a hard time believing it. It's not like TJax is betterby that much(if at all)They don't save much in cutting him. A re-structure makes more sense.
Reporting by the 3 million due on the 13th and not from any sources. Currently the Bills have no reason to cut Fitzpatrick.... doing so only tells the world you're picking a QB early in the draft

Old
03-04-2013, 06:46 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Reporting by the 3 million due on the 13th and not from any sources. Currently the Bills have no reason to cut Fitzpatrick.... doing so only tells the world you're picking a QB early in the draft
Well they would save the 3 million in real cash. Also, whether Fitzpatrick is still on the roster or not (hopefully not), I think most people are still expecting the Bills to take a QB early. Jackson is a better fit in Marrone's system anyway.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:05 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Well they would save the 3 million in real cash. Also, whether Fitzpatrick is still on the roster or not (hopefully not), I think most people are still expecting the Bills to take a QB early. Jackson is a better fit in Marrone's system anyway.
Fitzpatrick is better than Jackson. Based on what i've seen the difference between Fitz on the roster and off it isn't much but a few dollars. What they should do is re-structure. It's one thing if you actually have a ready QB in place to play, but they really don't. Even if you draft a guy. I think this team is really close. They just need a more alert coach. They could have won 9 games last year with the inept coaching. There were games where they abandoned the run(ad more importantly Spiller)in close 2nd half games. I understand if you're in a flux and total rebuild mode but the team on paper is pretty decent to be honest.

Old
03-04-2013, 11:15 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Dolphins use their tag on Randy Starks, so Jake Long and Sean Smith could hit UFA (if not re-signed).

I know Takeo has suggested getting a tackle and moving Glenn to the right side (or inside to guard)...though Long would cost a pretty penny. Smith might not be a bad add at CB to play across from Gilmore.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:09 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Dolphins use their tag on Randy Starks, so Jake Long and Sean Smith could hit UFA (if not re-signed).

I know Takeo has suggested getting a tackle and moving Glenn to the right side (or inside to guard)...though Long would cost a pretty penny. Smith might not be a bad add at CB to play across from Gilmore.
Would love to start a line with Long and Glenn as the bookends. I'd pay the price. But man...I don't wanna lose Levitre.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSchoolMaster View Post
Would love to start a line with Long and Glenn as the bookends. I'd pay the price. But man...I don't wanna lose Levitre.
Meh, I'd take Long over Levitre. Guards are IMO the least important part of the line.

Long --- Wood --- Glenn

Also, LongWood....heh.

Closed Thread