HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Penguins @ Canadiens|2/3/13 at 7:00EST|Endorsed by Shane Endicott

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 01:03 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Mark Eaton is just a veteran that they aren't afraid of ruining his development if he has to sit in the press box for a month when there's no injuries. Lovejoy and Strait were not that. Lovejoy clearly struggled with being in and out of the lineup. He played terribly and that may be the reason why.
but he's not sitting in the press box, the guys who should be developing are. Bylsma feels warm and fuzzy with Mark Eaton. I knew the moment he was released from his AHL contract and started skating with the team that this would happen (and said as much). Not because I'm a pessimist, but because Bylsma is so ****ing predictable. I'll make wagers, avatar or otherwise, that barring injury, he sees more ice time than Despres and Bortuzzo the rest of the season.

It doesn't matter if he sucks. It doesn't matter if they make a trade. Eaton is their guy because he's old and makes Disco tingle in ways only Craig Adams can.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:05 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Put Despres on the PP. He can get his shots on net & create rebounds at least.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Put Despres on the PP. He can get his shots on net & create rebounds at least.
This times 1000.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Have you seen Tangradi's ice time lately? I want to tell you, but I don't want to ruin the surprise.
We shouldn't be basking in the fact we've likely ruined another NHL-caliber forward prospect.

Just because we traded him and he's not thriving does NOT exonerate us. We developed what you're seeing out there in Tangradi.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
but he's not sitting in the press box, the guys who should be developing are. Bylsma feels warm and fuzzy with Mark Eaton. I knew the moment he was released from his AHL contract and started skating with the team that this would happen (and said as much). Not because I'm a pessimist, but because Bylsma is so ****ing predictable. I'll make wagers, avatar or otherwise, that barring injury, he sees more ice time than Despres and Bortuzzo the rest of the season.

It doesn't matter if he sucks. It doesn't matter if they make a trade. Eaton is their guy because he's old and makes Disco tingle in ways only Craig Adams can.
Eaton has sat in the press box for 2 of the 3 games so far and got in tonight because of a Martin injury. It's too early to be ripping Bylsma for his handling of this situation. If Eaton sucks and he keeps playing him then I'll agree with you.

The only examples of not playing young players are Tangradi who continues to be exposed as not being much and getting minimal minutes in Winnipeg and Craig Adams playing over some young guys like Boychuk and Jeffrey but Boychuk isn't a 4th line type of player. I guess Jeffrey is but Jeffrey is also a natural center that can play some LW. Adams is a RW and Jeffrey has no experience there.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:18 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Eaton has sat in the press box for 2 of the 3 games so far and got in tonight because of a Martin injury. It's too early to be ripping Bylsma for his handling of this situation. If Eaton sucks and he keeps playing him then I'll agree with you.

The only examples of not playing young players are Tangradi who continues to be exposed as not being much and getting minimal minutes in Winnipeg and Craig Adams playing over some young guys like Boychuk and Jeffrey but Boychuk isn't a 4th line type of player. I guess Jeffrey is but Jeffrey is also a natural center that can play some LW. Adams is a RW and Jeffrey has no experience there.
If you read his comments literally, Bylsma said he was going to be playing in the Montreal game before any injuries occurred.

He just wanted him to have a couple of practices on the roster before getting in the game.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:

Glass has been brutal. No need for him to be in the lineup at all, much less every single night. Tyler Kennedy has needed a benching since Day 1, and hasn't gotten it. He's been 'better' lately, but that's a relative term. He's nowhere near where he should be at this stage of his career.

And when the blueline blows chunks, the choices shouldn't ALWAYS be "do I sit 47 or 41 tonight".

Accountability, Disco. Account-a-frickin'-bility.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
Glass has been brutal. No need for him to be in the lineup at all, much less every single night. Tyler Kennedy has needed a benching since Day 1, and hasn't gotten it. He's been 'better' lately, but that's a relative term. He's nowhere near where he should be at this stage of his career.

And when the blueline blows chunks, the choices shouldn't ALWAYS be "do I sit 47 or 41 tonight".

who should be in instead of Glass or TK? I can understand the Eaton frustration, but if we are giving him a shot, we should probably see him play a game or two before we decide what we have in him. Tonight is a fine time to do it with Martin out. Though I don't like him in the top 4.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:30 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:

I agree with you on Glass but that's somewhat on Shero too. He paid 1.1m for a guy that probably needs to be healthy scratched.

Who's he going to bench on defense though? You can argue Niskanen lately. They need Engelland's toughness in the lineup regardless of his defensive play. Orpik/Martin pair has been solid and I just can't see scratching Letang. Pretty much leaves you with Bortuzzo and Despres splitting games.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
I agree with you on Glass but that's somewhat on Shero too. He paid 1.1m for a guy that probably needs to be healthy scratched.

Who's he going to bench on defense though? You can argue Niskanen lately. They need Engelland's toughness in the lineup regardless of his defensive play. Orpik/Martin pair has been solid and I just can't see scratching Letang. Pretty much leaves you with Bortuzzo and Despres splitting games.
solid post.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
who should be in instead of Glass or TK? I can understand the Eaton frustration, but if we are giving him a shot, we should probably see him play a game or two before we decide what we have in him. Tonight is a fine time to do it with Martin out. Though I don't like him in the top 4.
Quote:

After last spring's debacle, guys should sit after a horrible game. I don't care who they are. That's the main point. Guys on this team have the same type of leeway Stanley Cup champions get, but we're now 4 years removed! The statute of limitations for giving Cup champions a free pass is UP.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:37 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:

I don't get the Glass hate. He leads us in hits & fighting majors. That's what I want from a 4th liner. Is 1.1 million too much for that probably but capspace really isn't an issue for us right now.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:47 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
We shouldn't be basking in the fact we've likely ruined another NHL-caliber forward prospect.

Just because we traded him and he's not thriving does NOT exonerate us. We developed what you're seeing out there in Tangradi.

Wow, way to cover all your bases there.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:47 PM
shizno

Quote:
I don't get the Glass hate. He leads us in hits & fighting majors. That's what I want from a 4th liner. Is 1.1 million too much for that probably but capspace really isn't an issue for us right now.
Amazing isn't it, the same ones that call our team "soff" are the ones that want to get rid of Glass/Cooke and Mac when he was playing here, then they cite wanting players like Iggy as if they are a dime a dozen

Old
03-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
He hasn't won any fights, has he? The hits are nice when it is combined with something else.

If we had Steve MacIntyre instead of Tanner Glass, we'd have exactly the same production. Plus, we'd have about 5-6 minutes more per night to spread around to our other forwards. Plus we'd actually have a real enforcer in the lineup. So, we would play bigger and tougher as a group.

AND, we'd have even more cap space. I think the cap space IS an issue for us right now if we're trying to fit a $7 million winger (Perry/Iginla) into the equation.

OH, and one MacIntyre hit is worth about 10 Glass hits, and one MacIntyre fight is worth 5 Glass fights.

Sorry but that's a waste of $1.1 million. He was good in Vancouver, maybe we could convince them to take him back. Unfortunately, they picked up Tom Sestito yesterday so fat chance.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:51 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:

All I've seen is stellar play from Bortuzzo. He's nothing if not poised with the puck and always makes the right choices with it.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:51 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:

Wow, way to cover all your bases there.
Well, it's true. We draft or trade for these prospects. We develop them to suck, then we get rid of them. Nothing really to feel good about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizno View Post
Amazing isn't it, the same ones that call our team "soff" are the ones that want to get rid of Glass/Cooke and Mac when he was playing here, then they cite wanting players like Iggy as if they are a dime a dozen
Not me. I want Mac on this team. I want Glass and Cooke gone because Glass is useless and Cooke isn't Cooke anymore.

And Iggy's a HOFer, certainly not dime a dozen.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:53 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
He's one part of a PK that isn't good, he generates zero offense, he's too slow for his hits to have any impact whatsoever, and he takes a lot of penalties. Honestly I could ignore him if it wasn't for that last part but seriously I think he has 4 high sticks this year amongst his other penalties. Just stupid.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:00 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
He's one part of a PK that isn't good, he generates zero offense, he's too slow for his hits to have any impact whatsoever, and he takes a lot of penalties. Honestly I could ignore him if it wasn't for that last part but seriously I think he has 4 high sticks this year amongst his other penalties. Just stupid.
doesn't hit all that much, doesn't fight all that much, doesn't score, PK isn't great. I think that sums it up. Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Old
03-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Jacob

Quote:
He hasn't won any fights, has he? The hits are nice when it is combined with something else.

If we had Steve MacIntyre instead of Tanner Glass, we'd have exactly the same production. Plus, we'd have about 5-6 minutes more per night to spread around to our other forwards. Plus we'd actually have a real enforcer in the lineup. So, we would play bigger and tougher as a group.

AND, we'd have even more cap space. I think the cap space IS an issue for us right now if we're trying to fit a $7 million winger (Perry/Iginla) into the equation.

OH, and one MacIntyre hit is worth about 10 Glass hits, and one MacIntyre fight is worth 5 Glass fights.

Sorry but that's a waste of $1.1 million. He was good in Vancouver, maybe we could convince them to take him back. Unfortunately, they picked up Tom Sestito yesterday so fat chance.
Every one of your posts is more ridiculous than the last. Honestly, you have derailed.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Darth Vitale
Lesshaus > Morehaus

Beat this man. Make him feel shame.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:05 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Well, it's true. We draft or trade for these prospects. We develop them to suck, then we get rid of them. Nothing really to feel good about.
Please just spare me.

You have nothing to base that on other than well-wishing. "I'm a Penguins fan, and anyone labeled loosely as a "prospect" is automatically going to be good, and if he isn't, I'll find someone other than the player to blame."

Tangradi sucked, and the sooner you admit that, the sooner some of your valid points about coaching will be taken seriously.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:08 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Please just spare me.

You have nothing to base that on other than well-wishing. "I'm a Penguins fan, and anyone labeled loosely as a "prospect" is automatically going to be good, and if he isn't, I'll find someone other than the player to blame."

Tangradi sucked, and the sooner you admit that, the sooner some of your valid points about coaching will be taken seriously.
I think it's a little bit of both sides of the argument TBH, but whatever. That ship has sailed, and I'm not getting into that talk again.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:08 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

Yeah, Tangradi's really lighting the league up now, too. Look how far the Pens have fallen without him. Now they couldn't even beat my old roller hockey team from when I was 12, which was outscored 20-0 every game. Should have given him the C.

And if he weren't injured Briant Strait would be a staple on one of the thinnest defensive groups in the league.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

game day thread against Montreal. Of course we are arguing about a guy we traded to Winnipeg a few weeks ago

Closed Thread