HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 22 |Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings | 12:30 PM EST | NBC

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2013, 12:22 PM
  #1
The Silver Lining
Registered User
 
The Silver Lining's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 380
vCash: 221
Game 22 |Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings | 12:30 PM EST | NBC

Does their point streak come to an end? Does Dan Cleary ever leave the ice? Does Datsyuk finally successfully flip a pass to himself and manage to get two points on one goal?



Quote:
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
Babcock, as expected, said he'll use same lineup Sunday vs. Chicago he used last game, except for Howard starting in goal.

SCOWL-OFF



VS



Last edited by Shoalzie: 03-03-2013 at 11:27 AM.
The Silver Lining is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:52 PM
  #2
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Midway through the third period, fed up with playing with Cleary and Abdelkader, Pavel storms to the bench, looks Red Wings VP Jimmy D, and says "I Finish."

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 12:58 PM
  #3
Flowah
#FireHolland
 
Flowah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,766
vCash: 500
more realistically he just keeps trying to pass to himself because he can't pass to his wingers.

Flowah is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:14 PM
  #4
Jurky
#FireHolland
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,630
vCash: 500
Twitter updates from Khan:

Quote:
Wings said Filppula, who hasn't been on ice said last Sunday due to left shoulder injury, won't play Sunday and is day to day.
Quote:
Helm said a specialist he saw in NY Monday discovered small tear in disc and said its 6-8 week injury from time it happened (Jan. 10)
Quote:
Helm said he feels better, has started riding the elyptical but no time frame on when he can skate (hasn't been on ice since Jan. 26)
Semi-positive news about Helm, 6-8 weeks from Jan 10th is roughly Feb 21st- March 7th so he might not be far off depending on whether or not playing that one game made it worse.

Jurky is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:16 PM
  #5
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,812
vCash: 545
Babcock wins the scowl-off.

SoupNazi is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:49 PM
  #6
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
There's no bettet team than the Wings to end their streak.

They are the favourite, but the Wings have 6 out of 8 points last 4 games vs good and hot teams. The Hawks have to cool off and lose.

We are the team to make it happen.

14ari13 is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:56 PM
  #7
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,879
vCash: 500
3-1 loss, sadly.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:58 PM
  #8
Nyquist
Registered User
 
Nyquist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 4,261
vCash: 500
Super excited for this game. Hopefully the offense will come alive.

Nyquist is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:01 PM
  #9
14ari13
Registered User
 
14ari13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Western Sahara
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
3-1 loss, sadly.
If this happen during period 2, then Babcock might be forced to move Tatar to Datsyuk's line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladTheImpaler View Post
Come on man, lighten up.

Anyways, I say we take this 4-3 in the thriller. Pav shines and scores the game winner.
It has to be 4 on 4
He is mainly playing 3 on 5.

14ari13 is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:03 PM
  #10
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,736
vCash: 500
Only chance of winning is in OT/SO if Howard stands on his head, which he won't.

Close game but it will be a 1goal loss in regulation/OT/SO. Book it.

mindfly is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:08 PM
  #11
Jurky
#FireHolland
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,630
vCash: 500
Pav will be try to do everything himself because he is playing with two anchors, so this goes one of two ways: he is either shut down by a strong Hawks team or goes beast mode and dominates the hawks single handedly

Obviously hoping for the latter, but realistically expecting the former.

Jurky is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:09 PM
  #12
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,930
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
I could never understand how fans would want to actively have a player on their team leave and have success somewhere else. I love Datsyuk and Z, but they demanded a trade or were traded in general I'd hope they would fall off the face of the earth.

I want the Wings to win, if players on the Wings have individual success because of it, great. But my main priority is to see the Wings win at any cost.

I'd also wager that Datsyuk has no problem with Cleary and Abdelkader on his line, Babcock has mentioned on several occasions that Datsyuk requests to play with certain players (Filppula, Holmstrom) - so if Pavel really had a problem with them on his line he'd say something. Obviously it's the coaches job to make the lines be the best they can be on paper, but I don't think Pavel is complaining and Babcock is ignoring. And to be clear, just because Pavel may not be complaining doesn't mean that line is the right decision, I think it's the wrong decision.

And just so everyone knows, posting the same thing in every single thread is considered spam - so let's try and expand our topics of conversations. We get it, Cleary and Abdelkader sucks, we get it, Lashoff doesn't deserve to be in the NHL - no need to spam every thread.

Heaton is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:15 PM
  #13
BazDaSpaz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
4-2 Wings. Book it!!!

BazDaSpaz is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:16 PM
  #14
CloneHakanPlease*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I could never understand how fans would want to actively have a player on their team leave and have success somewhere else. I love Datsyuk and Z, but they demanded a trade or were traded in general I'd hope they would fall off the face of the earth.

I want the Wings to win, if players on the Wings have individual success because of it, great. But my main priority is to see the Wings win at any cost.

I'd also wager that Datsyuk has no problem with Cleary and Abdelkader on his line, Babcock has mentioned on several occasions that Datsyuk requests to play with certain players (Filppula, Holmstrom) - so if Pavel really had a problem with them on his line he'd say something. Obviously it's the coaches job to make the lines be the best they can be on paper, but I don't think Pavel is complaining and Babcock is ignoring. And to be clear, just because Pavel may not be complaining doesn't mean that line is the right decision, I think it's the wrong decision.

And just so everyone knows, posting the same thing in every single thread is considered spam - so let's try and expand our topics of conversations. We get it, Cleary and Abdelkader sucks, we get it, Lashoff doesn't deserve to be in the NHL - no need to spam every thread.
The way I see it, if a player is managed poorly here then succeeds elsewhere, it HOPEFULLY teaches management a lesson. Then again, I feel like I am more of a fan of hockey in general, whereas a lot of people are mainly just Wings fans, not that there is anything wrong with that.

CloneHakanPlease* is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:21 PM
  #15
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I could never understand how fans would want to actively have a player on their team leave and have success somewhere else. I love Datsyuk and Z, but they demanded a trade or were traded in general I'd hope they would fall off the face of the earth.

I want the Wings to win, if players on the Wings have individual success because of it, great. But my main priority is to see the Wings win at any cost.

I'd also wager that Datsyuk has no problem with Cleary and Abdelkader on his line, Babcock has mentioned on several occasions that Datsyuk requests to play with certain players (Filppula, Holmstrom) - so if Pavel really had a problem with them on his line he'd say something. Obviously it's the coaches job to make the lines be the best they can be on paper, but I don't think Pavel is complaining and Babcock is ignoring. And to be clear, just because Pavel may not be complaining doesn't mean that line is the right decision, I think it's the wrong decision.

And just so everyone knows, posting the same thing in every single thread is considered spam - so let's try and expand our topics of conversations. We get it, Cleary and Abdelkader sucks, we get it, Lashoff doesn't deserve to be in the NHL - no need to spam every thread.
Thanks for the "how to be a Heaton-style hockey fan"

You can tell a lot by the way Pavel is playing. He's frustrated with that line. He's trying to do everything himself.

He'd be crazy to trust these incompetents out there. Guys like Abdelkader have no clue. They dump it out. And when they don't...bad things happen-like last game.

Have you ever played hockey with linemates who were either way better than you or way worse than you?

As for your comment about spam--I hope that goes for apologist opinions too.

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:21 PM
  #16
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,930
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBAKE View Post
The way I see it, if a player is managed poorly here then succeeds elsewhere, it HOPEFULLY teaches management a lesson. Then again, I feel like I am more of a fan of hockey in general, whereas a lot of people are mainly just Wings fans, not that there is anything wrong with that.
Yeah I get that - that makes more sense if that's your fandom.

Heaton is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:24 PM
  #17
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,930
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Thanks for the "how to be a Heaton-style hockey fan"
You're welcome.

Quote:
You can tell a lot by the way Pavel is playing. He's frustrated with that line. He's trying to do everything himself.

He'd be crazy to trust these incompetents out there. Guys like Abdelkader have no clue. They dump it out. And when they don't...bad things happen-like last game.

Have you ever played hockey with linemates who were either way better than you or way worse than you?
Meh. It's still a temporary thing, it's a bad situation but this isn't like we have a full healthy lineup and this is the choice. It should be handled better but Datsyuk isn't going to throw a hissy fit and demand a trade because he has to play with Cleary and Abdelkader for a few games, he would like like a huge diva for doing that and Datsyuk is too professional, hell 99% of the league is.

Heaton is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:25 PM
  #18
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,930
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
As for your comment about spam--I hope that goes for apologist opinions too.
Since the 'apologists' reply to the 'antagonists' they'll both get deleted. But having a different opinion does not imply being an apologist or spam. It's only spam if it's posted over and over and over like some comments are and everyone knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Heaton is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:29 PM
  #19
Z40
High Compete Level
 
Z40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post
Thanks for the "how to be a Heaton-style hockey fan"

You can tell a lot by the way Pavel is playing. He's frustrated with that line. He's trying to do everything himself.

He'd be crazy to trust these incompetents out there. Guys like Abdelkader have no clue. They dump it out. And when they don't...bad things happen-like last game.

Have you ever played hockey with linemates who were either way better than you or way worse than you?

As for your comment about spam--I hope that goes for apologist opinions too.
Have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Only chance of winning is in OT/SO if Howard stands on his head, which he won't.

Close game but it will be a 1goal loss in regulation/OT/SO. Book it.
If all of your predictions came true, the Wings would be 0-21. It's almost as if some posters (i.e. you and Bob, etc.) enjoy seeing the Wings lose. You want to see their demise. Is it fun for you to be such downers all the time? Do you relish their failures? It goes beyond "being realistic." Why do you even watch this team?

*Awaiting Bob's obligatory "I'm smerter den u. I'm always right" reply.*

Z40 is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:29 PM
  #20
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
You're welcome.



Meh. It's still a temporary thing, it's a bad situation but this isn't like we have a full healthy lineup and this is the choice. It should be handled better but Datsyuk isn't going to throw a hissy fit and demand a trade because he has to play with Cleary and Abdelkader for a few games, he would like like a huge diva for doing that and Datsyuk is too professional, hell 99% of the league is.

So you think I was serious?
I don't think Pavel is the type to demand a trade. He might be the type to sign elsewhere in 16 months

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:30 PM
  #21
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,812
vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Only chance of winning is in OT/SO if Howard stands on his head, which he won't.

Close game but it will be a 1goal loss in regulation/OT/SO. Book it.
Are you ever going to predict the Wings win a game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
I could never understand how fans would want to actively have a player on their team leave and have success somewhere else. I love Datsyuk and Z, but they demanded a trade or were traded in general I'd hope they would fall off the face of the earth.
Agreed. Way too many people keep actively rooting for Datsyuk to leave the team, because they hate his linemates. That's pretty sad.

SoupNazi is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:30 PM
  #22
Heaton
Moderator
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 16,930
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fading Captain View Post

So you think I was serious?
I don't think Pavel is the type to demand a trade. He might be the type to sign elsewhere in 16 months
Of course I don't think you were serious, but I do see the comments from people who want X player to leave and do well somewhere else. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to be a fan, but I just don't get that line of thinking - doesn't mean anything is wrong with it.

Heaton is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:32 PM
  #23
Flowah
#FireHolland
 
Flowah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z40 View Post
Have you?
I've been both.

With players I trust, I send them passes, try to set them up, send it deep for the cycle. When I can't trust them, I try to do it all myself. And yeah, honestly, it's better for me to do it myself than to pass it to them because 95% of the time if I send it their way, they either can't catch the pass, or they catch it then give it up right away, or their shot is terrible and it would have been better to just take the shot myself.

Flowah is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:43 PM
  #24
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z40 View Post
Why do you even watch this team?
It's really simple.

Because somewhere, deep inside of me, there is a belief that this franchise could change its identity and be built more like the 90's teams (but of course with a tweak to fit the salary cap world)

I DO NOT like watching losers like cleary and abdelkader ruin pavels last good years
I DO NOT like watching a team where only one player can stand up and defend himself (before this season they didn't have a guy like that permanently on the roster for I don't know how many years
I DO NOT like watching a team build around small, skilled, non-physical european players
I DO NOT like watching the GM keep re-signing old useless guys which are past their primes many years ago

I could go on and on but that would be pointless I think

mindfly is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:05 PM
  #25
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z40 View Post
Have you?



If all of your predictions came true, the Wings would be 0-21. It's almost as if some posters (i.e. you and Bob, etc.) enjoy seeing the Wings lose. You want to see their demise. Is it fun for you to be such downers all the time? Do you relish their failures? It goes beyond "being realistic." Why do you even watch this team?

*Awaiting Bob's obligatory "I'm smerter den u. I'm always right" reply.*
Yes, I've played in both situations. And neither is productive.

My prediction was for the Wings to finish 6th to 10th. So you're grossly innacurate about what I think.

I watch this team because this is my favorite team.

But I'll be honest, when Pavel's gone, if Babcock is still coaching team Sweden and we don't find some people with some pushback and intensity, I'm going have a tough time watching this squad.

I like this Tatar kid, though. He might be one worth watching

RedWingsNow* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.