HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part V)

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Kitten Mittons

vCash: 500
Oh man, I wish this actually happened:

Old
03-01-2013, 05:00 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

I probably exaggerated when talking about this season being a letdown. It's good...damn good. I was only talking about it being kind of a let down because it got some serious hype.

Old
03-01-2013, 11:29 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
I probably exaggerated when talking about this season being a letdown. It's good...damn good. I was only talking about it being kind of a let down because it got some serious hype.
No, I agree with you (or disagree with the others). I thought this season has been pretty boring overall. I thought Season 2 was the best season, and people here seem to have hated that season.

Old
03-02-2013, 06:10 AM
Disgruntled Observer*

How exactly did these zombies cause an apocalypse?

You can just hang out on a farm for months, and they just leave you alone. They're pretty much just a "minor inconvenience" to the characters of the show at this point. The gov's people pretty much just use them as toys in their games.

These things ended all civilization internationally?

Old
03-02-2013, 09:10 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post

You can just hang out on a farm for months, and they just leave you alone. They're pretty much just a "minor inconvenience" to the characters of the show at this point. The gov's people pretty much just use them as toys in their games.

I can imagine the initial chaos that something like this causes is pretty deadly. Refer back to the flashback of Shane and Lori outside Atlanta when the government ordered the army to napalm the entire city. Now imagine that on a global scale.

What we're seeing now is how the characters have adapted to their surroundings, perhaps a survival of the fittest type situation. And mostly, I'd suppose this is more a show about human interaction in the zombie apocalypse, vs. actual zombie show.

My $0.02

Old
03-02-2013, 10:28 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:

It's been over a year in show time, I think? They're a minor inconvenience because the prison and Woodbury are pretty well secluded from larger cities and towns, much like the farm was secluded. Plus, the chaos and initial shock from everything has long since passed.

You make a fair point though. I love that we're all still having serious discussions over a completely fictitious show

Old
03-02-2013, 12:28 PM
southpaw24

Quote:

Another thing you have to take into consideration is that one of the producers had said that this takes place in a world where there had been no zombie sub-culture before hand. notice how they have never once called the living dead a zombie/

Now if it had happened in our reality Im sure there would still be some initial chaos from the shock but most people i think would clue in.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:51 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Oh man, I wish this actually happened:

Old
03-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Quote:

Well remember what happened to Rick in S1 when he goes in Atlanta?

Old
03-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Has anyone over the internets made a timeline from the show? From the start of the zombies up to their current time with main events highlighted?

Old
03-02-2013, 03:26 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovavic View Post
Has anyone over the internets made a timeline from the show? From the start of the zombies up to their current time with main events highlighted?
I've seen some of these dates/times disputed, but this is what I normally use:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Te..._Show_Timeline

Old
03-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by the overrated View Post
I've seen some of these dates/times disputed, but this is what I normally use:

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Te..._Show_Timeline
Thanks alot How about a map?

Old
03-02-2013, 07:59 PM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
It's been over a year in show time, I think? They're a minor inconvenience because the prison and Woodbury are pretty well secluded from larger cities and towns, much like the farm was secluded. Plus, the chaos and initial shock from everything has long since passed.

You make a fair point though. I love that we're all still having serious discussions over a completely fictitious show
In post apocalyptic material, it's the realistic desperation of the world that makes the genre work. I realize its just a fun cheesy television show and that's it's sort of silly to have serious conversations about it... but I just don't think they're doing the show very well.

How did these zombies even get out of control in the cities in the first place? If you just close your door, they can't get in. They don't really even try. The only way a zombie can get you in this show is if you went outside, made a lot of noise, and just stood there waiting for the zombie to bite you.

I'm not a zombie fiction connoisseur or anything, but I have read World War Z. The zombies in that novel make a noise when they see a human. That noise draws other zombies. Next thing you know, there's thousands of them banging on your door. Now that's a legitimate threat.
But slow walking zombies that seem borderline indifferent to humans? It's just not an entertaining angle for the genre.

I'm still watching... but interest fading.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:
In post apocalyptic material, it's the realistic desperation of the world that makes the genre work. I realize its just a fun cheesy television show and that's it's sort of silly to have serious conversations about it... but I just don't think they're doing the show very well.

How did these zombies even get out of control in the cities in the first place? If you just close your door, they can't get in. They don't really even try. The only way a zombie can get you in this show is if you went outside, made a lot of noise, and just stood there waiting for the zombie to bite you.

I'm not a zombie fiction connoisseur or anything, but I have read World War Z. The zombies in that novel make a noise when they see a human. That noise draws other zombies. Next thing you know, there's thousands of them banging on your door. Now that's a legitimate threat.
But slow walking zombies that seem borderline indifferent to humans? It's just not an entertaining angle for the genre.

I was under the impression that the miltary intervention made the outbreak worse. When they were napalming the streets they just created more and more zombies, to the point were they were overwhelming.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

vCash: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovavic View Post
Thanks alot How about a map?
The only one I ever found was one for the comics, so view at your own risk, since it will have spoilers, and will likely not be exact with the TV show.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...d3ecc55ac63583

Old
03-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Dont forget that anyone who dies becomes a zombie, a bite just kills you. I can imagine people killing other people over anything during the outbreak

Old
03-03-2013, 02:06 AM
Congo Jack
I'm pro pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
I was under the impression that the miltary intervention made the outbreak worse. When they were napalming the streets they just created more and more zombies, to the point were they were overwhelming.
Also IIRC, the military was executing civilians in the hospital where Rick was, so I can imagine they were doing that all around the globe, which would sure as hell hasten the apocalypse.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:09 AM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:

Did you forget what happened in the camp outside Atlanta? Or at the farm? The prison is only secure because zombies can't get past metal bars. The Zeds are a real threat, and only appear to be harmless because everyone who has survived at this point understands how to deal with them on a regular basis. Even then they have had casulties due to zeds.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:54 AM
JabbaJabba

Anyone who dies becomes a zombie (except if the brain is destroyed). So many people die every day and no one can stop the reanimation (atleast not for now). And just like someone already mentioned, in this show no one knows what zombies are prior to the zombiepocalypse. For example, think about a hospital staff, a car crash victim is brought in and he dies due to blood loss. Nurses prepare to move the dead person away when suddenly he starts to move. Everyone is shocked and they get closer to perform tests and whatever when all of the sudden the victim attacks the staff, maybe even bitting someone in the process. Everyone thinks that the man has gone crazy or he's suffering from a shock or something, they try to calm him with medicine which won't work and they have to put him into a limb restraint to prevent him attacking anyone.

Hospital staff is appalled and they don't know what is going on or they give some diagnosis which is of course wrong. In the meantime the bit victims get some treatment and are probably sent home where their situation gets worse. They die in their homes (if they even get there), reanimate and become walkers. They attack their families, roomates or random people walking down the street, and no one still has any idea what these things are and what they should do with them (walkers are still considered people at this point because no one knows that they really aren't humans anymore). Then a day goes by, more people die due to various reasons, reanimate and attack humans while the previously infected are about to die or die and become zombies etc. At this point it's very easy for the virus to spread when there are billions of oblivious people. Killing a zombie at this point could be considered a murder and when you think that your loveone is just sick, you are not going to kill him/her.

That's just one way I see the situation going bad. The lack of knowledge and amount of dead people would be the main reasons for zombification to spread quickly. Then add panic and you got yourself a mess.

Last edited by JabbaJabba: 03-03-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old
03-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Anyone who dies becomes a zombie (except if the brain is destroyed). So many people die every day and no one can stop the reanimation (atleast not for now). And just like someone already mentioned, in this show no one knows what zombies are prior to the zombiepocalypse. For example, think about a hospital staff, a car crash victim is brought in and he dies due to blood loss. Nurses prepare to move the dead person away when suddenly he starts to move. Everyone is shocked and they get closer to perform tests and whatever when all of the sudden the victim attacks the staff, maybe even bitting someone in the process. Everyone thinks that the man has gone crazy or he's suffering from a shock or something, they try to calm him with medicine which won't work and they have to put him into a limb restraint to prevent him attacking anyone.

Hospital staff is appalled and they don't know what is going on or they give some diagnosis which is of course wrong. In the meantime the bit victims get some treatment and are probably sent home where their situation gets worse. They die in their homes (if they even get there), reanimate and become walkers. They attack their families, roomates or random people walking down the street, and no one still has any idea what these things are and what they should do with them (walkers are still considered people at this point because no one knows that they really aren't humans anymore). Then a day goes by, more people die due to various reasons, reanimate and attack humans while the previously infected are about to die or die and become zombies etc. At this point it's very easy for the virus to spread when there are billions of oblivious people. Killing a zombie at this point could be considered a murder and when you think that your loveone is just sick, you are not going to kill him/her.

That's just one way I see the situation going bad. The lack of knowledge and amount of dead people would be the main reasons for zombification to spread quickly. Then add panic and you got yourself a mess.
Yeah, it could get out of hand pretty easily. No one would know what was going on. They'd try to help and get bit etc.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Ek het lief Woef
Golf & Tennis = Sex

vCash: 128
Can't wait for tonight. Looking forward to another great episode.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:57 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Hopefully this episode delves more into the Rick/Michonne dynamic, as evidenced by the previews.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:00 PM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Let's do it!

Old
03-03-2013, 09:00 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
here we go

Old
03-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Christmas Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

They made it pretty obvious who they find this episode due to the "Previously on"

Closed Thread