HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ben Eager to the Habs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2013, 12:02 PM
  #26
Armstrong9
Registered User
 
Armstrong9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
he and Colby will be excellent team-mates

best of friends.

Armstrong9 is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:44 PM
  #27
Galchenyuk4habs
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk4habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal
Posts: 487
vCash: 500
Like someone said earlier, we need a dman not a forward. We have White, Prust and Moen who can fight on offence. We only have Bouillon who can actually fight on D and he's pretty small so I would of liked to go for a John Erskine type of player, before he was re-signed obviously. Any Names?I would say Sheldon Brookbank but he's only 6'1 200.

Galchenyuk4habs is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:50 PM
  #28
Burnt Biscuits
Registered User
 
Burnt Biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
On topic, of course there is no way that names like Eller or Thrower should be mentioned in this thread unless the return is much more than Eager.

I also don't like the fact that he stopped fighting (or so it seems) as that would be one of the main reasons to acquire him if you're the Habs.

Perhaps make the deal a bit bigger, while staying away from the traditional blockbuster? What's the scoop with Theo Peckham these days? Injured?

Peckham and Eager might bring more to the Oilers...
The scoop on Theo Peckham is he is someone believed to be on the outs in the organization came into camp a little bit out of shape, was rumoured to be way out of shape but apparently physical testing indicated just a bit below where he was last year. Admitted to losing his focus during the lock-out, he also used to be a pretty decent fighter, but after Nathan Horton rung his bell he's not really much of a fighter anymore either. He's played all of twice this year and looked good in both showings, he always plays a very physical brand of hockey and seems to find his way into every scrum. Has given inconsistent performances when we play him on a regular basis, the inconsistencies are not his physical game which he always brings but at times is more prone to poor puck management or taking stupid penalties. Can be very hot headed at times, will always stick up for his teammates and will sometimes go over the edge in the process.

He is a capable depth defender but not someone who should be playing every night, he is someone best to slot in for when playing a particularly tough physical match-up or can fill in on for injury on a short term basis. He plays his best when he is phyisical and plays a simple game and keeps the puck on his stick for a minimal amount of time. If you want a comparable I'd say Sean Brown is a good one who you might be more familiar with, I thought his upside would be a little higher, but his development has been a bit up and down so I'm not sure if he is going to end up a better version of Sean Brown or a worse one.

IMO he is currently Edmonton's 6th best defenseman but Fistric has pretty much taken his job on the team and with neither Fistric or Peckham being great puck-movers they don't make the best pairing, so Corey Potter is usually slotted ahead of him. We can use the depth on defense that he provides, and would much rather get rid of Whitney first if at all possible.


Last edited by Burnt Biscuits: 03-02-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Burnt Biscuits is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:52 PM
  #29
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
The scoop on Theo Peckham is he is someone believed to be on the outs in the organization came into camp a little bit out of shape, was rumoured to be way out of shape but apparently physical testing indicated just a bit below where he was last year. Admitted to losing his focus during the lock-out, he also used to be a pretty decent fighter, but after Nathan Horton rung his bell he's not really much of a fighter anymore either. He's played all of twice this year and looked good in both showings, he always plays a very physical brand of hockey and seems to find his way into every scrum. Has given inconsistent performances when we play him on a regular basis, the inconsistencies are not his physical game which he always brings but at times is more prone to poor puck management or taking stupid penalties. Can be very hot headed at times, will always stick up for his teammates and will sometimes go over the edge in the process.

He is a capable depth defender but not someone who should be playing every night, he is someone best to slot in for when playing a particularly tough physical match-up or can fill in on for injury on a short term basis. He plays his best when he is phyisical and plays a simple game and keeps the puck on his stick for a minimal amount of time. If you want a comparable I'd say Sean Brown is a good one who you might be more familiar with, I thought his upside would be a little higher, but his development has been a bit up and down so I'm not sure if he is going to end up a better version of Sean Brown or a worse one.
Please supply link.

WeridAl is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:13 PM
  #30
Burnt Biscuits
Registered User
 
Burnt Biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Please supply link.
Are you serious? Do you live in Edmonton do you read the newspaper or listen to the radio? It was pretty clear if you read between the lines the organization wasn't super happy with the kind of shape he came into camp with. He's played all of 2 games, some of that due to a hip-flexor injury but the majority of the time he has been a healthy scratch. Organizations rarely come right out and say we are looking to trade player A, his role has been replaced with a superior player in Fistric, if a team comes asking he is someone who is available.

Burnt Biscuits is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:30 PM
  #31
danyhabsfan
Registered User
 
danyhabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,546
vCash: 500
Peckham for Weber


danyhabsfan is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:34 PM
  #32
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,074
vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
We are talking about the Oilers here. Not a surprised at all.
Looks at name and avatar.. how ironic.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:35 PM
  #33
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,804
vCash: 1220
As an Oilers fan, I have mixed feelings on Eager.

His hits/minute is insane. I doubt it would cost much to get him, though.

5RingsAndABeer is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:52 PM
  #34
Dharvey33
Registered User
 
Dharvey33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,733
vCash: 500
Thrower isn't going anywhere specially for a scrub like Eager.

Moen for Eager i'd do it but it would hurt the habs defensively Moen is a better player.

Dharvey33 is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:02 PM
  #35
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
Are you serious? Do you live in Edmonton do you read the newspaper or listen to the radio? It was pretty clear if you read between the lines the organization wasn't super happy with the kind of shape he came into camp with. He's played all of 2 games, some of that due to a hip-flexor injury but the majority of the time he has been a healthy scratch. Organizations rarely come right out and say we are looking to trade player A, his role has been replaced with a superior player in Fistric, if a team comes asking he is someone who is available.
I've heard a lot of hear say from media people, but never from the team, like I said, please supply a link. If you knew the Oilers, you would know getting information out of them is like getting blood out of a stone.

You made a claim, now back it up with proof.

WeridAl is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:07 PM
  #36
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,748
vCash: 500
I actually like eager. Go get toughness with your 4th elsewhere.

smackdaddy is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:26 PM
  #37
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Thrower buys a lot more than Eager. A lot more. Eager isn't that good of a fighter, and doesn't help the Habs enough to pull the trigger.

Eager isn't worth a bluechip prospect.
So I'm overrating Eager, but Thrower is a bluechip prospect??? I guess every team has 5-10 bluechipper's then.

Steep price? Yes, but considering we have size and grit issues of our own AND the guy can actually play a regular shift without being a liability AND he's under contract next year, why should we give him up for anything less?

Roof Daddy is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:27 PM
  #38
greenstickytoes
Registered User
 
greenstickytoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 365
vCash: 500
nahh if we were to go get a tough guy with grit it would be someone like
Raffi Torres. or else we would just bring up Zack Stortini from the bulldogs.

greenstickytoes is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:29 PM
  #39
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,074
vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
nahh if we were to go get a tough guy with grit it would be someone like
Raffi Torres. or else we would just bring up Zack Stortini from the bulldogs.
That would not be a good idea.

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:31 PM
  #40
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
So I'm overrating Eager, but Thrower is a bluechip prospect??? I guess every team has 5-10 bluechipper's then.

Steep price? Yes, but considering we have size and grit issues of our own AND the guy can actually play a regular shift without being a liability AND he's under contract next year, why should we give him up for anything less?
Thrower is a good prospect and have better value then a fighter that don't fight and who suck at it.......

bud12 is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:32 PM
  #41
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstickytoes View Post
nahh if we were to go get a tough guy with grit it would be someone like
Raffi Torres. or else we would just bring up Zack Stortini from the bulldogs.
Raffi Torres isn't a tough guy and don't bring Stotini in the discussion lol

bud12 is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:33 PM
  #42
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
It's becoming quite obvious that some teams like the Leafs are targeting Prust in an attempt to remove the Habs' toughness. He needs help in that department.

What would the Oilers want from the Habs for Eager?
When healthy Eager couldn't crack the Habs roster. That is no exaggeration nor a sleight to Oiler fans. Its the truth. The only player I would trade is nokelainen. Ie. A wasted roster spot for another.

FanHabtic is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:36 PM
  #43
Roof Daddy
Registered User
 
Roof Daddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Thrower is a good prospect and have better value then a fighter that don't fight and who suck at it.......
Ok, then we'll give you Reider for Prust. Then you guys can add another blue-chipper to the pool

Roof Daddy is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:46 PM
  #44
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Ok, then we'll give you Reider for Prust. Then you guys can add another blue-chipper to the pool
Prust is so far above Eager it is not even close to a comparable offer. Thrower is better than Reider, too.

No team is going to overpay for a 4th line fighter who doesn't fight anymore. Eager is not the same player he used to be. Prust is way better as both a player and a fighter. So, "no", a team will not have to overpay to get Eager. If anything, Eager will get waived before anyone overpays for him.

Drydenwasthebest is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:50 PM
  #45
Burnt Biscuits
Registered User
 
Burnt Biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
I've heard a lot of hear say from media people, but never from the team, like I said, please supply a link. If you knew the Oilers, you would know getting information out of them is like getting blood out of a stone.

You made a claim, now back it up with proof.
Did you see where I typed it is believed he is on the outs, hardly a statement of fact. So I don't see why you would be looking for one, unless a team has a total falling out with a player, the player asks for a trade, or it is known the player and team are unable to reach a contract extension and want to get something of value prior to contact expiry they would never openly come out and say they are trying to trade the player. This is all just common sense. It is well known to anyone who follows the team there are certain members of the media who are close to the team and do have some inside info which they do hint at how the org feels on a player, who is available, and who we might be interested in. Also they float trial balloons through the media to see how the fanbase might react to certain ideas. I've seen you on the Oiler board often enough that none of this should come as a surprise to you or you are just being difficult for the sake of being difficult.

Burnt Biscuits is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 04:00 PM
  #46
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
I've heard a lot of hear say from media people, but never from the team, like I said, please supply a link. If you knew the Oilers, you would know getting information out of them is like getting blood out of a stone.

You made a claim, now back it up with proof.
He clearly said "believed", and if you listen to the radio, it has been discussed that most experts "believe" that Fistric was brought in because the organization wasn't happy with Peckham. Hard to link to a radio discussion smart guy. Especially when it was "beliefs" being discussed, not info from the organization itself. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon...

zeus3007* is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 04:02 PM
  #47
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Thrower is a good prospect and have better value then a fighter that don't fight and who suck at it.......
Eager isn't a fighter. He's a hitter. He's an agitator. But he's not a fighter. And he's actually a pretty decent player.

zeus3007* is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 04:04 PM
  #48
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
When healthy Eager couldn't crack the Habs roster. That is no exaggeration nor a sleight to Oiler fans. Its the truth. The only player I would trade is nokelainen. Ie. A wasted roster spot for another.
Sounds like a lot of guys here haven't watched Eager play much. He's fast, hits hard, has reduced the number of dumb penalties he takes, he pisses off the other team. Basically, he's a very good bottom six agitator.

zeus3007* is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 04:06 PM
  #49
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Prust is so far above Eager it is not even close to a comparable offer. Thrower is better than Reider, too.

No team is going to overpay for a 4th line fighter who doesn't fight anymore. Eager is not the same player he used to be. Prust is way better as both a player and a fighter. So, "no", a team will not have to overpay to get Eager. If anything, Eager will get waived before anyone overpays for him.
Eager has played very well this year. He won't be waived unless the Oil manage to pick up three more physical wingers. He's being severely underrated in this thread.

zeus3007* is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 04:07 PM
  #50
bud12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Eager isn't a fighter. He's a hitter. He's an agitator. But he's not a fighter. And he's actually a pretty decent player.
he's now a agitator because he finally found that he couldn't drop the gloves.

bud12 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.