HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver claims Tom Sestito

Old
03-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Love

vCash: 500
^^ I like your lineup a lot more Numbers especially the bottom 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma
Tom Sestito on being claimed off waivers by the #Canucks: "I was ecstatic. I was surprised because I had heard rumours about Edmonton."

Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
This is flat out wrong. And the post you quoted is flat out wrong, many posters were speaking to Volpatti's weaknesses all season (way before we ever put him on waivers).

People who questioned it also had well reasoned stances and a treack record of intelligent posts.

Lots of pure whining now.

There is a reason Weise has considerably more minutes than Vilpatti this season (he can actually play the game).

I liked Volpatti too, just not enoug to shed tears over. He has no upside beyond what he was and is/was easily replaced on waivers.

Flat out the good of volpatti didn't outweigh his limitations.
I think Weise SHOULD be the far better player, and he has a far superior toolbox (which is why he should be given more chances than Volpatti and be looked at as the better player going forward), but he's played with his head up his *** so far, IMO. He needs to simplify his game to be more effective.

Volpatti's never going to be better than what he is right now, and has no toolbox to speak of, but I think he's played to the best of his ability and has been effective. This is coming from someone who was really venomous about Volpatti not being good enough to be in the lineup earlier in the year.

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote