HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 12:53 PM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
The only way I would take Vinny or Komisarek is if the respective teams take some of the cut. Both have AWFUL contracts, but both could be a good option in Montreal.

If Komisarek made a 1 million, I would jump on that opportunity.. but these horrible contracts just put us a few steps back after unloading Coles contract.
Komi would be awful in our lockerroom. I'd take him back if it was NHL but he's a dickweed who abandoned our team and acted like he was above us.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Rosso Scuderia

How is O'byrne doing this season. What about O'Byrne for Weber.

Old
03-02-2013, 01:28 PM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
How is O'byrne doing this season. What about O'Byrne for Weber.
Well this is his leg as of 2 days ago:

And here's his face:

Other than that... No complaints.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:07 PM
habsrule22

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
Well this is his leg as of 2 days ago:

And here's his face:

what happen to him?

Old
03-02-2013, 02:33 PM
WhiskeySeven
Give her the Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule22 View Post
what happen to him?
He fought a werewolf.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Every year it seems one or two d-men pass through waivers that are similar in talent to prospects like Dietz or Morgan Ellis, that is the point I was trying to make. We don't have a roster spot or an immediate need for a player like that and that is why we don't pick them up but they are available. We got Diaz for free and he's better than a lot of our prospects, as an example.

I think we have a better forward prospect pool than our defensemen prospect pool is, I don't understand why posters would say otherwise. We could use a genuine power forward or a top line skill player but so could most teams.
Right they are a lot of dmans that scored 20 goals in the junior that clear waivers...

Dietz Thrower Ellis Beaulieu Tinordi Bennett Nygren all have nhl upside will they fulfill it maybe, maybe not but that's a fact.

Not all nhl players are 1st or 2nd rounders there are a lot late rounders that plays in the nhl and are even elite.

The habs prospect pool is good right now and with 6 pick this year amongst the top 90 i think we can add up at least 1 or 2 dman that has nhl potential.

Old
03-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Right they are a lot of dmans that scored 20 goals in the junior that clear waivers...

Dietz Thrower Ellis Beaulieu Tinordi Bennett Nygren all have nhl upside will they fulfill it maybe, maybe not but that's a fact.

Not all nhl players are 1st or 2nd rounders there are a lot late rounders that plays in the nhl and are even elite.

The habs prospect pool is good right now and with 6 pick this year amongst the top 90 i think we can add up at least 1 or 2 dman that has nhl potential.
I didn't say there were lots, I said there seems to be 1 or 2 every year. I like Dietz and Ellis, I just happen to think they aren't that rare or valuable. As an example, last year Kulda cleared waivers and imo he is comparable to either Ellis or Dietz. Nothing flashy but he wasn't able to beat out Stuart or Hainsey for a roster spot on the Jets.

Old
03-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Every year it seems one or two d-men pass through waivers that are similar in talent to prospects like Dietz or Morgan Ellis, that is the point I was trying to make. We don't have a roster spot or an immediate need for a player like that and that is why we don't pick them up but they are available. We got Diaz for free and he's better than a lot of our prospects, as an example.

I think we have a better forward prospect pool than our defensemen prospect pool is, I don't understand why posters would say otherwise. We could use a genuine power forward or a top line skill player but so could most teams.
I strongly disagree and so do the people writing on this very site: STRENGTHS: Depth on defense

Old
03-02-2013, 04:38 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
I didn't say there were lots, I said there seems to be 1 or 2 every year. I like Dietz and Ellis, I just happen to think they aren't that rare or valuable. As an example, last year Kulda cleared waivers and imo he is comparable to either Ellis or Dietz. Nothing flashy but he wasn't able to beat out Stuart or Hainsey for a roster spot on the Jets.
Uh.. Stuart and Hainsey are pretty good players for the Jets. Stuart specifically.

Old
03-02-2013, 04:50 PM
sheed36

Quote:
And here's his face:

Damn.. That's one ugly looking cut right there.. How did that happen?

Old
03-02-2013, 05:02 PM
giovannicanella

The answer is here
Quote:
How did that happen?
http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/2/2...rado-avalanche

He blocked a shot or something versus the SJS

Old
03-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I strongly disagree and so do the people writing on this very site: STRENGTHS: Depth on defense

We can almost replace our Top 9 forwards with the prospects that we have now. A lot of them are still a couple of years away from NHL duty but there is a good chance they will make the NHL.

Centres: Galchenyuk, Leblanc, Bournival. RW: Gallagher, Kristo, Collberg. LW: Bozon, Hudon, MacMillan. We could use a power forward or maybe a Drouin type player but other then that we have good depth at forward.

Pittsburgh has good d depth, we don't need to go that far but it's more important then forward depth, to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Uh.. Stuart and Hainsey are pretty good players for the Jets. Stuart specifically.
That's why they sent Kulda down, he wasn't as NHL ready as Stuart or Hainsey. It happens every year, a good prospect or two gets sent down and he has to clear waivers.

Old
03-02-2013, 06:18 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
We can almost replace our Top 9 forwards with the prospects that we have now. A lot of them are still a couple of years away from NHL duty but there is a good chance they will make the NHL.

Centres: Galchenyuk, Leblanc, Bournival. RW: Gallagher, Kristo, Collberg. LW: Bozon, Hudon, MacMillan. We could use a power forward or maybe a Drouin type player but other then that we have good depth at forward.

Pittsburgh has good d depth, we don't need to go that far but it's more important then forward depth, to me.
That's why they sent Kulda down, he wasn't as NHL ready as Stuart or Hainsey. It happens every year, a good prospect or two gets sent down and he has to clear waivers.
Well, that may be the disagreement, you consider Galchenyuk and Gallagher to be prospects, others may consider them to be graduated. They are both top-9 forwards btw so they cannot replace the top-9 forwards.

The defensive prospects of note are: Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Pateryn, Nygren. That's fewer guys, but a typical team has 6 dmen and 12 forwards, so listing 5 dmen is equivalent to listing 10 forwards.

Tinordi, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Kristo are our four prospects not currently in the NHL who might be ready to be useful NHL players as early as 2013-2014, so that is even more lopsided.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:32 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Yeah we should probably forget about O'Byrne stealing ladies purses for the habs again. Bummer..

Edit: How about getting O'Brien? Would bring some toughness.

Last edited by vokiel: 03-02-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old
03-03-2013, 04:51 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Just noticed on the TSN comments section:

just-a-fan
"I was on a flight from Chicago to Montreal today and sat beside Brad Staubitz who said he was in Montreal for a physical...when I asked if he was rejoining the habs he smiled and said watch the Boston game..."

Not to put any weight behind a TSN comment, but what's Staubitz current situation? I thought he was Ducks property.
If this is true there will be a lot of happy Habs,Staubitz made quite a few friends in the short time he played for the Habs last year,Price being one that noticed he didn't get beat up in nets.This being the trade thread,the Habs should look into acquiring the 1st rd. pick Calgary was ready to give up for ROR and Max Reinhart C/LW,he's a player like Dumont with a non-stop drive and talent.Another of Paul Reinhart's sons,Griffin went 4th overall last year and Sam may go 1st overall in 2014.

Last edited by S Bah: 03-03-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Old
03-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Garry Valk

So Komisarek has requested a trade in Toronto...they will basically deal him for anything, and could take on 50% of his cap space with the new CBA. Would anyone do it? That means we'd have him for 1 more year at $2.25 mill.

He was great with Markov. I think I might give it a shot.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:45 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
He fought a werewolf.
Don't be stupid. Werewolves don't have purses.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
03-03-2013, 05:12 PM
CHill Seeker

keep dreaming Tampa. Gauthier isn't in charge anymore

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hocke...-trade/1277133

Old
03-03-2013, 05:13 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post
So Komisarek has requested a trade in Toronto...they will basically deal him for anything, and could take on 50% of his cap space with the new CBA. Would anyone do it? That means we'd have him for 1 more year at $2.25 mill.

He was great with Markov. I think I might give it a shot.
Nope.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:28 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

From the Oilers radio guy:

Quote:
@Bob_Stauffer: Former Oiler, Scott Mellanby, now Director of Player Personnel for Montreal: at 2nd straight Oilers game..start the rumours..lol!

Old
03-03-2013, 05:29 PM
CHill Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
From the Oilers radio guy:
that's an interesting rumor. he's basically bergevin's right-hand man for pro-scouting. something might very well be up

Old
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
that's an interesting rumor. he's basically bergevin's right-hand man for pro-scouting. something might very well be up
Unless it's Taylor Hall or Peckham I have a feeling I'm not going to like what transpires.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"

Komisarek.. Would you?

The Leafs are putting up Komisarek..

Would you?

For cheap?

Knowing the history of returning habs.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...... ( long suspense sequence )

Old
03-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Le depisteur

Nope...

Old
03-03-2013, 09:42 PM

**** that traitor.

Closed Thread