HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sj - Det

Old
03-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Squeeven

vCash: 500
Sj - Det

To Detroit:
Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray
4th round pick in 2013

To San Jose:
Valterri Filppula
6th round pick in 2013

Sharks add some much needed scoring depth and a speedy Center/LW which they deperately need (more so a winger but since he can play both they can always shuffle him around which Mclellan loves to do).

The Wings add some toughness to their lineup to go with Tootoo. Clowe is not a dirty player at all but he's really good at standing up for his teammates and getting them going, plus when he's on his game and he can do some damage offensively. They also add some depth to their defense with Murray, big and tough and can lay down some huge hits, and is great on the penalty kill and great at blocking shots.

I think this is a fair trade but I can see my fellow Sharks fans saying we might be giving up too much and Wings fans saying that's not enough, both of which might be true but I think its fair. What do you guys think?

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:03 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

I think its fair if you switch the picks around.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:06 PM
WingsMike
Registered Man

vCash: 738
I wouldn't be mad about it.

WingsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:14 PM
aLus

Murray and Kronwall on the ice at the same time would be scary.

As a Wings fan I'd be fine with this trade.

aLus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Shadywing19

I think wings do this a million times over. I don't see sanjose accepting this tho. Detroit wins this big time in my mind.

Shadywing19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Macoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
To Detroit:
Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray
4th round pick in 2013

To San Jose:
Valterri Filppula
6th round pick in 2013

Sharks add some much needed scoring depth and a speedy Center/LW which they deperately need (more so a winger but since he can play both they can always shuffle him around which Mclellan loves to do).

The Wings add some toughness to their lineup to go with Tootoo. Clowe is not a dirty player at all but he's really good at standing up for his teammates and getting them going, plus when he's on his game and he can do some damage offensively. They also add some depth to their defense with Murray, big and tough and can lay down some huge hits, and is great on the penalty kill and great at blocking shots.

I think this is a fair trade but I can see my fellow Sharks fans saying we might be giving up too much and Wings fans saying that's not enough, both of which might be true but I think its fair. What do you guys think?
The wings have a lot of defenseman so the sharks would have to take colaiacovo to make the deal work

Macoun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:19 PM
TS Quint

I don't see the need Murray fills with the Wings. He would be the #8 Dman.

TS Quint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Gustav Nyquist
#FireHolland

10/10 proposal, would do.

Gustav Nyquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:26 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
To Detroit:
Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray
4th round pick in 2013

To San Jose:
Valterri Filppula
6th round pick in 2013

Its a pretty fair deal and puts some speed in the lineup for SJ. Not sure whats wrong with Clowe. Seems to be snakebit. I would assume if Detroit is gonna move Filppula, theyre gonna want a contract player in return though.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Its a pretty fair deal and puts some speed in the lineup for SJ. Not sure whats wrong with Clowe. Seems to be snakebit. I would assume if Detroit is gonna move Filppula, theyre gonna want a contract player in return though.
Maybe, maybe not. Assume one or both or Clowe/ Murray re-sign, then they would be getting one.

No sure bet any of those players re-sign with their respective clubs.

I'd also be ok with switching the picks around. Good deal overall.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:38 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

I don't see SJ accepting.

Great trade for Detroit.

WingedWheel1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:39 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

vCash: 50
As a Sharks fan I wouldn't mind the trade only if we are making other deals at the deadline. The extra $3mil in cap space sure would be useful.

Clowe has sucked all year. I know it just got reported that he's playing thru an injury, but I don't buy it. He's sucked since game 1, and he was just coaching in the minors during the lockout.

Murray has sucked too. Just too slow for the game today to be effective.

Unfortunately, I think Det is also thin on forwards right now. Samuelsson, Bert and Helm are all injured, no? And if they trade Filp I'm sure they'd want some young prospects back in return, not more aging FA's.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Unfortunately, I think Det is also thin on forwards right now. Samuelsson, Bert and Helm are all injured, no? And if they trade Filp I'm sure they'd want some young prospects back in return, not more aging FA's.
Detroit is thin on forwards, but they have the depth in the minors to cover up for Filppula(Nyquist).

I don't think Detroit would ask for young prospects in return in a deal like this. To be honest, SJ isn't exactly swimming in quality prospects(no offense), and the one's they do have they wouldn't/shouldn't trade.

If Detroit does a trade like this they aren't expecting Filppula to sign with them/plan on replacing him with Nyquist(what I think should happen). Also, it helps them get more physical for the playoff run and moving to the East(assuming they re-sign one or both).

The more I think about it, the more I like this trade.

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:05 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
I'd be down with it if Flip expressed interest in re-signing. If he said he was going to test the market, I don't know. But I like Flip.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Syckle78

It's ok trade. I would rather get some youth for flip, though. We aren't going to upgrade to contender status by subtracting flip and adding clowe and murray.

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:27 PM
Squeeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macoun View Post
The wings have a lot of defenseman so the sharks would have to take colaiacovo to make the deal work
Yeah maybe you guys would have to get rid of one of your d-men but that's one of the reasons we're looking to get rid of Murray though because right now our D is: Stuart, Boyle, Vlasic, Burns (injured though), Demers, Murray, Braun and we've been calling up Irwin for our injured guys so I don't think SJ would want Coliacovo though. Would Lashoff maybe need more time in the minors with your farm team?

Old
03-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Syckle78

Don't know how they would feel about sending Lashoff down. They just signed him to a three year one way contract. Plus Babcock seems to really like him for some reason.

Syckle78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Yeah maybe you guys would have to get rid of one of your d-men but that's one of the reasons we're looking to get rid of Murray though because right now our D is: Stuart, Boyle, Vlasic, Burns (injured though), Demers, Murray, Braun and we've been calling up Irwin for our injured guys so I don't think SJ would want Coliacovo though. Would Lashoff maybe need more time in the minors with your farm team?
Carlo would fit right in with hurt defensemen.

It looks like Lashoff is staying put. He's playing big minutes and he's been a huge surprise.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Squeeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Carlo would fit right in with hurt defensemen.

It looks like Lashoff is staying put. He's playing big minutes and he's been a huge surprise.
Ahhh I see whatchya did there! Sorry buddy we already have Burns for that! haha. Carlo is too overpaid even at $2.5 IMO because like you said he's always hurt, hasn't played a full season yet. Also yeah I guess I was wrong about Lashoff, now that I think about it I've heard his name a few times.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Squeeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Assume one or both or Clowe/ Murray re-sign, then they would be getting one.

No sure bet any of those players re-sign with their respective clubs.

I'd also be ok with switching the picks around. Good deal overall.

Yeah I wasn't sure if Detroit would want more and if Filppula is worth more but now that I think about it he hasn't been amazing this year so yeah switch the picks and its definitely a fair deal.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Yeah I wasn't sure if Detroit would want more and if Filppula is worth more but now that I think about it he hasn't been amazing this year so yeah switch the picks and its definitely a fair deal.

Im pretty sure Filpulla is playing through a knee problem. Or he was

Old
03-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

Quote:
To Detroit:
Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray
4th round pick in 2013

To San Jose:
Valterri Filppula
6th round pick in 2013

a very solid trade for sure

one of those win-win scenarios

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:51 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Here do I sign?

zetterberg40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:58 PM
zombi
I D D Q D

As much as I would hate to see Flip go, I would be ok with this.

zombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:12 PM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Well.. huh, I like this, and the value doesn't look off at all. Maybe minor fiddling with the picks. I like how this works roster-wise for both teams.

Lashoff is most likely up to stay; Detroit would probably waive or trade a d-man elsewhere (unless Sharks had interest and wanted to upgrade the pick or add another pick).

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote