HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils Acquire Andrei Loktionov

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2013, 12:30 AM
  #801
SteveCangialosi123
Registered User
 
SteveCangialosi123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Crapper View Post
Its funny how when I mentioned last week about putting Loki on the first line with Kovy to create some kind of Russian Chemistry, a select few of ya' told me that I was nuts to even think of putting a nobody up on that line.



Now try this one, swap out Henrique with Butler & put him on the 2nd line with Clarky & Elias.

Things will get better. And wait till we get to the deadline & they trade some our scrap heap for Vinny Prospal at the deadline.

Mark that down folks.
Hahaha I remember this and I defended u


Last edited by Richer's Ghost: 03-01-2013 at 09:15 AM.
SteveCangialosi123 is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 12:42 AM
  #802
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,166
vCash: 500
I thought we already discussed Prospal being a no go since he's got a verbal agreement to end his career in Columbus, and go on to have a front office job there?

Could be a non deal with the new GM though.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 01:01 AM
  #803
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Crapper View Post
Its funny how when I mentioned last week about putting Loki on the first line with Kovy to create some kind of Russian Chemistry, a select few of ya' told me that I was nuts to even think of putting a nobody up on that line.

Not to be a dick, but your argument was pretty baseless.

The Russian factor is the worst thing about the two - Loki constantly forces passes to Kovy no matter where the defenders are because Kovy is God in the eyes of Russian kids.


Last edited by Richer's Ghost: 03-01-2013 at 09:15 AM.
apice3* is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:00 AM
  #804
hlaverty06
Registered User
 
hlaverty06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ all day
Country: United States
Posts: 7,281
vCash: 500
Do the Lokimotion with me

hlaverty06 is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:25 PM
  #805
FirmestPiano
Registered User
 
FirmestPiano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Loved his goal last night. The way he put it between the defenseman and his stick, gaaaah, great goal. Such a smart player!

FirmestPiano is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:37 PM
  #806
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmestPiano View Post
Loved his goal last night. The way he put it between the defenseman and his stick, gaaaah, great goal. Such a smart player!
Very Tavaresque shot indeed.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:44 PM
  #807
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:
 
Hockey Sports Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Am I not wrong anymore about Loktionov being a more promising prospect than Reid Boucher?

Hockey Sports Fan is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 04:47 PM
  #808
FirmestPiano
Registered User
 
FirmestPiano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Am I not wrong anymore about Loktionov being a more promising prospect than Reid Boucher?
Hard to argue right now.

FirmestPiano is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:15 PM
  #809
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Not to be a dick, but your argument was pretty baseless.

The Russian factor is the worst thing about the two - Loki constantly forces passes to Kovy no matter where the defenders are because Kovy is God in the eyes of Russian kids.
What kind of prejudice is that?

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 07:19 PM
  #810
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Prejudice? Because Russian kids look up to one of the greatest Russian goal scorers of all time? It's just natural.

apice3* is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 08:10 PM
  #811
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 25,293
vCash: 237
It's the same reason why people assume every Russian player has to sign here if Lou would just make an offer.

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
03-01-2013, 08:22 PM
  #812
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
dutch hater

åboriginal is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 08:16 PM
  #813
Fayne Staley
Sather is better
 
Fayne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 12,351
vCash: 500
he might pass zajac in points soon

Fayne Staley is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 09:11 PM
  #814
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
he might pass rick nash in points soon
fixed

apice3* is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 09:45 PM
  #815
Nashville Transplant
Registered User
 
Nashville Transplant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nash/LA
Posts: 552
vCash: 500
It's exciting to know that my three formerly worthless Lokti gamers now have risen in value. Lol.

Nashville Transplant is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:11 PM
  #816
Thunderfest
The Wumpus
 
Thunderfest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 911
vCash: 500
Six games in, it's been looking like a very shrewd pickup.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
he might pass zajac in points soon
I'm just hoping Travis passes Steven Gionta soon.

Thunderfest is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:27 AM
  #817
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,166
vCash: 500
Florida can keep the 5th round pick. Hopefully the guy they draft makes it to the AHL!

Ironically Loktionov was a 5th round pick. The sad part is this team is a little better than it was on that winning streak. Loktionov, and Poni are solid additions. However the other guys need to step it up a little. Zajac, Kovy, Clarkson.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 04:35 AM
  #818
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Prejudice? Because Russian kids look up to one of the greatest Russian goal scorers of all time? It's just natural.
No,it's natural to play with your teammates to win games, regardless of the nationality. Even the stats tell Lokti isn't serving as Kovalchuck's sidekick.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:09 AM
  #819
Emperoreddy
Moderator
King of Pirates
 
Emperoreddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey, Exit 16E
Country: United States
Posts: 16,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Florida can keep the 5th round pick. Hopefully the guy they draft makes it to the AHL!

Ironically Loktionov was a 5th round pick. The sad part is this team is a little better than it was on that winning streak. Loktionov, and Poni are solid additions. However the other guys need to step it up a little. Zajac, Kovy, Clarkson.
Why I think it is silly to go full panic right now. Team is built better then it was when we were hot as hell. Just a bunch of guys are slumping on both sides of the ice. All the forwards you mentioned plus a bunch of guys on D started playing worse, and Moose is in a slump on top of it.

Guys are starting to look better in the last few, especially today. Henrique hopefully can use this to break his slump. I thought Clarkson looked better today then has has in the past two or three. Zajac is still unable to finish and that needs to change. To many chances left on the doorstep by him today.

I am excited to see all the gears going with Loki in the lineup. Add Zubs and another forward to replace Butler and this team can still be very dangerous.

Emperoreddy is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:50 AM
  #820
guitarguyvic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Why I think it is silly to go full panic right now. Team is built better then it was when we were hot as hell. Just a bunch of guys are slumping on both sides of the ice. All the forwards you mentioned plus a bunch of guys on D started playing worse, and Moose is in a slump on top of it.

Guys are starting to look better in the last few, especially today. Henrique hopefully can use this to break his slump. I thought Clarkson looked better today then has has in the past two or three. Zajac is still unable to finish and that needs to change. To many chances left on the doorstep by him today.

I am excited to see all the gears going with Loki in the lineup. Add Zubs and another forward to replace Butler and this team can still be very dangerous.
This is so off-base. Don't you know this a cellar team who will most definitely not make the playoffs? You should hate them. They are worthless and will not get better. Pure garbage.

#HFboardsfandom

guitarguyvic is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:35 PM
  #821
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:
 
Hockey Sports Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 6,448
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
No,it's natural to play with your teammates to win games, regardless of the nationality. Even the stats tell Lokti isn't serving as Kovalchuck's sidekick.
The stats also say that Loktionov is not likely to continue shooting with 40% success, but there's no doubt he looks like he fits where he's playing right now.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:31 AM
  #822
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 35,166
vCash: 500
Loktionov isn't even a real shooter from what I've seen, and have been told. Our Kings buddy who comes in here has said he's a pure playmaker. I expect him to get more points through assists than goals.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:33 AM
  #823
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
loki is a baller right now, and im all for balls.

...wait

åboriginal is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 03:48 AM
  #824
Semak
Moderator
_______________
 
Semak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Osaka, Japan
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
loki is a baller right now, and im all for balls.

...wait
This is a good way to end

Lokti has proven at least for now he is part of the team and therefore should be talked/complained about in the team thread.

Semak is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.