HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Johansen

Old
03-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Duffman955

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Johansen, Murray, Jenner, Atkinson, Moore, Erixon, and we have 3 1sts coming up.
What about Johnson and Brassard?

Are they not a part of the CBJ core?

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:01 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post

Johnson yes. You could also probably add Wisniewski in there. Brassard will be traded for scoring sometime soon.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post

I thought he wanted to know about the younger players. Brassard probably not although I don't think Columbus is looking to trade him for scraps or anything.

Yeah Johnson is part of the core as is Anisimov and Dubinsky and are young. Probably Wisniewski as well. I would have said Nikitin and Tyutin were but they could be moved at some point.

Last edited by Crede777: 03-02-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:49 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I thought he wanted to know about the younger players. Brassard probably not although I don't think Columbus is looking to trade him for scraps or anything.

Yeah Johnson is part of the core as is Anisimov and Dubinsky and are young. Probably Wisniewski as well. I would have said Nikitin and Tyutin were but they could be moved at some point.
So Brassard may be traded? Something like - Nino at the draft (with picks being moved).

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Dragonborne

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
What player outside of Tavares/Hamonic/Strome/Nino could interest you from the Islanders?

Would be cool to reunite Johansen and Nino
lol you basically just named everyone with any value to the blue jackets... Nino for Johansen would be pretty fair i think. Both have high potential but are struggling so maybe a change of scenery will help

Dragonborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonborne View Post
lol you basically just named everyone with any value to the blue jackets... Nino for Johansen would be pretty fair i think. Both have high potential but are struggling so maybe a change of scenery will help
I would rather keep Johansen over Nino. Johansen isn't struggling, he's just developing and Columbus is trying to walk the fine line between over-exposure and under-exposure. Also you can't underrate the fact that one is a center and the other a winger.

Old
03-02-2013, 06:39 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
So Brassard may be traded? Something like - Nino at the draft (with picks being moved).
Not to LI. Not when Brassard's overpaid at $3.5m per.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:34 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhatAgain View Post
Heard the same thing about Nash last year and then he went for a pile of scraps lmao
Funny those scraps would be your top line center and 3rd or 4th best defenseman.

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:07 PM
MW6

Here's something that IMO seems like a good deal for both teams I'll involve.

Lets say the Caps (i'm a caps fan) ends up with 1st OA and CBJ with 2nd OA.

With Wiz, JJ, Tyutin, Nikitin, Erixon and Moore CBJ are pretty stacked at the back end.
I would assume that since Caps have 3 good puck movers playing RD (Green, Carlson and Orlov) their 1st OA selection would be McKinnon since Backstrom is the only signed C capable of top-6 duty. And their 3 top prospects being wingers.

Wouldn't a tandem of McKinnon and Drouin be something to salvage about for BJ fans? Their chemistry is already off the hook and would totally revitalize this franchise!

Could a deal made of 1st OA + Tom Wilson (a Lucic-lite with over PPG totals in the OHL this year, heavy hitting machine, fights, has great size and known for elevating his game when it matters, selected 16th OA last year) for Ryan Murray (a two-way LD caps have been lacking for many years) and Ryan Johansen a 2C with size and skill that plays responsible all over the ice)?

This means for Columbus, that instead of Murray, Johansen, Jones/Drouin they'll have McKinnon, Drouin, Wilson (could be their future top-line?)

And Caps would instead of McKinnon, Wilson become more complete with having Johansen as future 2C and Top-4 of Alzner-Green, Murray-Carlson.

Like I said, just throwing it out there. It could of course be tweaked!

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Leafs Win The Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post

With Wiz, JJ, Tyutin, Nikitin, Erixon and Moore CBJ are pretty stacked at the back end.
I would assume that since Caps have 3 good puck movers playing RD (Green, Carlson and Orlov) their 1st OA selection would be McKinnon since Backstrom is the only signed C capable of top-6 duty. And their 3 top prospects being wingers.

Wouldn't a tandem of McKinnon and Drouin be something to salvage about for BJ fans? Their chemistry is already off the hook and would totally revitalize this franchise!

Could a deal made of 1st OA + Tom Wilson (a Lucic-lite with over PPG totals in the OHL this year, heavy hitting machine, fights, has great size and known for elevating his game when it matters, selected 16th OA last year) for Ryan Murray (a two-way LD caps have been lacking for many years) and Ryan Johansen a 2C with size and skill that plays responsible all over the ice)?

This means for Columbus, that instead of Murray, Johansen, Jones/Drouin they'll have McKinnon, Drouin, Wilson (could be their future top-line?)

And Caps would instead of McKinnon, Wilson become more complete with having Johansen as future 2C and Top-4 of Alzner-Green, Murray-Carlson.

Lol a #2 overall pick last year & a #4 overall pick in 2010 for a 1st overall pick this year and a potential powerforward that they already have in boone jenner? Btw Johansen is a potential #1 centre...Terrible for cbj

Leafs Win The Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Better tight game/defence breaking potential than Jordan the Hero Eberle imo.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

I believe the answer to this can be summed up as "not a snowball's chance in hell".

We're doing OUR rebuild, not anyone else's.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:

That would be nice, but I don't think Columbus goes for it.

I think they instead just take Drouin/Jones/Barkov.

Maybe they would do Murray + NYR/LA 1st 2013 (whichever is in the middle) for the 1st overall. If that's not enough, yeah I think Columbus just uses their pick and moves on.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Numbers

Columbus should not trade Johansen for anything less than overpayment. To be honest I'm not a Columbus fan, actually I am a Canucks fan, but if there is any other team in the league that I hope to do well it is Columbus. Columbus fans deserve some success and I hope their 3 1st rounders this year turn out to be good picks.

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
RDriesenUD

Quote:

No way.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Johansen continues to show with every passing game that his upside is enormous. Give him a finisher or two on his wings and he'll have 80 points as soon as next year.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Johansen continues to show with every passing game that his upside is enormous. Give him a finisher or two on his wings and he'll have 80 points as soon as next year.
I don't know about next year, but he certainly has high scoring potential. I keep saying that he's a very deceptive player, and his deceptiveness goes unnoticed because the plays he make go unfinished by his teammates. If those chances get converted everyone would be getting wet over how great of an assist Joey had. It's the same reason Rick Nash wasn't ever thought of as a good playmaker here due to the inability of his teammates to score, and unfortunately for Johansen he can't carry an offense single-handedly like Nash. He needs some help. I don't get why Richards doesn't play him with Atkinson more, they look great together and they compliment each other very well.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:28 PM
OldGoaltender

Quote:
And that's why you're the mayor. No truer words spoken. This kid could be the best offensive player on our team.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Frantic Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
If someone watched him tonight in Chicago... He definitely didn't look like a ruined prospect, more like a budding star. His partners couldn't finish his passes, he created breakaway opportunity all by himself and eventually scored a beautiful goal.
I never said he was ruined. I implied that he's possibly on the verge of being ruined by CBJ management. Maybe the new guy will turn things around.

Frantic Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 12:56 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantic Fanatic View Post
I never said he was ruined. I implied that he's possibly on the verge of being ruined by CBJ management. Maybe the new guy will turn things around.
Yep. 1 and a half seasons is a real telling story of a players career.

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Yep. 1 and a half seasons is a real telling story of a players career.
But he's been associated with the Blue Jackets for even longer, and everybody knows that mere association with the CBJ is enough to destroy anything and everything you know about hockey.

Would certainly explain why folks keep acting as though they know our players and the state of our organization better than we do and insist on "helpfully" "educating" us...

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Here's your OP.

Quote:
I hate to see a talented prospect like Johansen ruined because of circumstances in Columbus. He's certainly not having a good year, given what's happened to him this season.
Even if we are to take your word for it that you equivocated at every turn ("implied" "possibly" "on the verge"), the utter wrong-ness of your second sentence destroys any credibility you might have. So therefore I cannot believe your follow-up contention that you weren't suggesting he is being ruined.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:50 PM
wahsnairb

if only that kid's teammates could score.. i have seen him make a good to great play to set a handful of people up for easy ones that were flubbed so far this season

wahsnairb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
DJOpus

VAN offers two 1sts + 2nd...the Kessel offer.

Need to start stocking some high end talent.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 12:56 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
That's pretty optimistic IMO... And kind of crazy.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote