HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ben Eager to the Habs

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Kickassguy
High-End Intangible

vCash: 621
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
You might want to stop posting now. Your lack of knowledge of anything non-Habs is incredible.
Fact, Ben Eager was a first round draft pick.
Fact, Ben Eager has a Stanley Cup ring, and was an important member of that team.
Fact, the year after he won a cup, he went to the Western Conference finals, and again, was a very important member of the team.
Eager has played solid hockey all year this year, and has taken few dumb penalties, which used to be the biggest criticism of his game.

Doesn't sound like the Blackhawks or Sharks thought he was a borderline NHL'er. And he hasn't played like one on the Oilers either. The Oilers do need more forward depth, but not to take Eager's spot. And before you start throwing cheap shots, you should probably realize that the Oilers are 2 points out of a playoff spot right now. Yet another dumb statement.
Was he? I think most here distinctly remember him losing a game pretty much all on his own for the Sharks during the WCF because of his propensity for stupid penalties, then subsequently getting benched for doing so. Must be very important.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
If more than a fourth is given up, we overpaid.

Quote:
You might want to stop posting now. Your lack of knowledge of anything non-Habs is incredible.
Fact, Ben Eager was a first round draft pick.
Fact, Ben Eager has a Stanley Cup ring, and was an important member of that team.
Fact, the year after he won a cup, he went to the Western Conference finals, and again, was a very important member of the team.
Eager has played solid hockey all year this year, and has taken few dumb penalties, which used to be the biggest criticism of his game.

Doesn't sound like the Blackhawks or Sharks thought he was a borderline NHL'er. And he hasn't played like one on the Oilers either. The Oilers do need more forward depth, but not to take Eager's spot. And before you start throwing cheap shots, you should probably realize that the Oilers are 2 points out of a playoff spot right now. Yet another dumb statement.
You know, you're right. He was so useful, he may as well have worn a Canuck's jersey that series.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:48 PM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickassguy View Post
Was he? I think most here distinctly remember him losing a game pretty much all on his own for the Sharks during the WCF because of his propensity for stupid penalties, then subsequently getting benched for doing so. Must be very important.
Up until that game, he was a wrecking ball, and added a physical element to the Sharks that made them much harder to play against. Benching Eager was a mistake. Aside from that one game, the team played better with him in the lineup than without.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:49 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
If more than a fourth is given up, we overpaid.

You know, you're right. He was so useful, he may as well have worn a Canuck's jersey that series.
In one game, yes. He also scored the game winning goal in the third Hawks win in the final the year before.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:51 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
It had the same merit as your idiotic post. Ben eager is is a scrub by NHL standards. Stop overating scrubs!
My post actually had points as to why Eager isn't a scrub. Your post took three crap ass players who managed to each duplicate ONE of Eager's career feats to date.

I'd suggest watching him play a bit, rather than just going by generalizations you hear others say on a message board. How many games have you watched Eager play in this year? And can you explain what about Eager's game makes him a scrub? Details, rather than repeating "Durr, Eager sux" might help your argument here.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Kickassguy
High-End Intangible

vCash: 621
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:
Up until that game, he was a wrecking ball, and added a physical element to the Sharks that made them much harder to play against. Benching Eager was a mistake. Aside from that one game, the team played better with him in the lineup than without.
That was virtually the only game of that series in he was noticeable, though. I guess that's good in that he wasn't making mistakes, but hardly impactful.

Old
03-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Guelkey

Quote:
It had the same merit as your idiotic post. Ben eager is is a scrub by NHL standards. Stop overating scrubs!
Honest question... When was the last time you actually sat down and watched an oiler game from start to finish? and not just what you see in the box score or what was on TSN or RDS?

I believe he is not what he used to be... but he is not a borderline NHLer by any means.

Old
03-02-2013, 06:00 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickassguy View Post
That was virtually the only game of that series in he was noticeable, though. I guess that's good in that he wasn't making mistakes, but hardly impactful.
He was 4th lining it, and was throwing his body around. Unless your name is Ben Eager, that's all you expect out of 4th liners, isn't it? No mistakes, creating havoc with hits...seems like a valuable fourth liner to me.

Old
03-02-2013, 06:02 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guelkey View Post
Honest question... When was the last time you actually sat down and watched an oiler game from start to finish? and not just what you see in the box score or what was on TSN or RDS?

I believe he is not what he used to be... but he is not a borderline NHLer by any means.
He is actually pretty close to being what he used to be. Last year he had back issues and concussion issues, so he doesn't fight any more, but other than that, he's still hard on the forecheck, one of the fastest depth players in the league, and uses his body to intimidate the opposition. He takes fewer stupid penalties now though. I'd almost argue that he's having the best year of his career so far.

Old
03-02-2013, 06:06 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
He clearly said "believed", and if you listen to the radio, it has been discussed that most experts "believe" that Fistric was brought in because the organization wasn't happy with Peckham. Hard to link to a radio discussion smart guy. Especially when it was "beliefs" being discussed, not info from the organization itself. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon...
Fistric was brought in because Peckham was injured at the time, lets gets some facts straight. I like Fistric has much as the next person, but if Peckham comes back to form, he's much better then Fistric. The other fact is Fistric is UFA at the end of the season, Peckham is not, no you don't trade Peckham in case of Fistric not signing, especially for scraps.

Old
03-02-2013, 06:10 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Fistric was brought in because Peckham was injured at the time, lets gets some facts straight. I like Fistric has much as the next person, but if Peckham comes back to form, he's much better then Fistric. The other fact is Fistric is UFA at the end of the season, Peckham is not, no you don't trade Peckham in case of Fistric not signing, especially for scraps.
Injured with pancake gut maybe. I like Peckham, and think we should be playing him more, but the fact that he seems to be number 8 on the depth chart right, and that media reports have stated that the Oil want to move a d-man...well, its not hard to connect the dots.

Old
03-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
My advice would be to find a goon elsewhere (especially seeing the ridiculous price some are asking for). I want to keep him in division, especially since we've gotten tougher. He can't fight too much and takes bad penalties, everything you want in a fourth liner right? Would love for him to stay an Oiler.

I would say he was the biggest reason we beat San Jose so easily in the WCF

Last edited by Linden: 03-03-2013 at 04:43 AM.
Old
03-02-2013, 06:53 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Injured with pancake gut maybe. I like Peckham, and think we should be playing him more, but the fact that he seems to be number 8 on the depth chart right, and that media reports have stated that the Oil want to move a d-man...well, its not hard to connect the dots.
Pancake gut? You must have him mixed up with Penner, Peckham's food of choice is the cheese burger.

I must be blind, you would think the dots point to Whitney or Potter if anything, these 2 are the Oilers weakest links.

Old
03-02-2013, 06:54 PM
con310*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
It's becoming quite obvious that some teams like the Leafs are targeting Prust in an attempt to remove the Habs' toughness. He needs help in that department.

What would the Oilers want from the Habs for Eager?
He really does need some help, He refused to fight guys on his level against the leafs then challenges Phanuef to a fight while hes killing a 5min major, the guys a coward.

Montreal needs someone who will fight not some guy like prust whos gonna go around picking his fights every game.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:06 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad420 View Post
He really does need some help, He refused to fight guys on his level against the leafs then challenges Phanuef to a fight while hes killing a 5min major, the guys a coward.

Montreal needs someone who will fight not some guy like prust whos gonna go around picking his fights every game.
Eager is not one to look for a fight, but he won't back down, but if the Habs are looking for a enforcer, Eager is not that type of player.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:07 PM
doc lafleur
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad420 View Post

Is that you Doug Maclean
Prust is 6' 195 he fought Finlay on the islander 6' 8

Old
03-02-2013, 07:17 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
My advice would be to find a goon elsewhere (especially seeing the reidicluous price some are asking for). I want to keep him in division, especially since we've gotten tougher. He can't fight too much and takes bad penalties, everything you want in a fourth liner right? Would love for him to stay an Oiler.

I would say he was the biggest reason we beat San Jose so easily in the WCF
Thus sums up Eager's value to teams in the western conference who compete with the Oilers. They want him to remain an Oiler for life. Who can blame them?

Old
03-02-2013, 08:06 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post
Dalton Thrower has the ability to be a Deryk Engelland type defenseman, but with much higher offensive upside.
In term of fighting, Thrower will never be on the same class as Engelland. Thrower will be a good middleweight with plenty of grit. Trading him for a 4liner like Eager who are often on waivers isn't a good idea. And if the habs call the Oilers and offer Thrower for Eager, you can be sure they will accept.......

Old
03-02-2013, 08:07 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Thus sums up Eager's value to teams in the western conference who compete with the Oilers. They want him to remain an Oiler for life. Who can blame them?
Its a Canuck fan. Canuck fans hate Eager.

I'm still waiting for your analysis of Ben Eager's play this season. If you can't, that's fine, but don't make up wild, baseless claims about guys you haven't watched play in forever.

EDIT - Looks like he yet again is dodging the question.

Last edited by zeus3007*: 03-02-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old
03-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Analyzer*

I'm pretty sure Edmonton needs him.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Sloth Slothersons*

Prust for Eager?

Old
03-02-2013, 08:12 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Prust for Eager?
Oilers fans would do this in a heartbeat. Why would Montreal do it though?

Old
03-02-2013, 09:05 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Its a Canuck fan. Canuck fans hate Eager.

I'm still waiting for your analysis of Ben Eager's play this season. If you can't, that's fine, but don't make up wild, baseless claims about guys you haven't watched play in forever.

EDIT - Looks like he yet again is dodging the question.
Your argument is that he has played on good teams. Thats an idiotic argument. My argument is that he is a dime a dozen 4th liner. That cannot be refuted! He's the definition of scrub. Scrubs have zero value!

Old
03-02-2013, 09:08 PM
McPuritania
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Your argument is that he has played on good teams. Thats an idiotic argument. My argument is that he is a dime a dozen 4th liner. That cannot be refuted! He's the definition of scrub. Scrubs have zero value!
And yet you can't provide any argument as to why he's a dime a dozen scrub. Seems to me like you're just trying to troll in a thread you deemed unworthy to exist.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:10 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
And yet you can't provide any argument as to why he's a dime a dozen scrub. Seems to me like you're just trying to troll in a thread you deemed unworthy to exist.
What part of he's a 4th liner (scrub) is giving you problems? He couldn't make the Habs 4th line. Not even close.

And yes this thread should not exist. Its stupid to trade for a player that can't crack your roster!

Closed Thread