HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dal-Bos

Old
03-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Fastasaurus

vCash: 500
Dal-Bos

Bos

Jaromir Jagr

Dal

Jordan Caron
Tommy Cross
6th

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

I would say YES

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:49 PM
fireworks

Not a horrible proposal. Personally speaking I have 0 interest in Jagr becoming a Bruin. I just don't think he fits...

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:49 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

My favorite part is the 6th. If Jagr wants to go I am certain the Stars can get a better offer.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
My favorite part is the 6th. If Jagr wants to go I am certain the Stars can get a better offer.
Lol I thought someone would call me on that. I think 2 prospects is a pretty decent haul all things considered. Its not 25 year old Jagr after all.

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:08 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
No they can't. I can guarantee if jagr moves the most he will go for will be a 3rd.

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:16 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
No they can't. I can guarantee if jagr moves the most he will go for will be a 3rd.

He'll return more than that.

What about something like Morrow for Caron? Maybe a mid pick from one side to even it out?

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
Bos

Jaromir Jagr

Dal

Jordan Caron
Tommy Cross
6th
If I had a dozen Jordan Carons and a dozen Tommy Cross's you could have them all for Jagr.

Fairly ridiculous trade proposal for Dallas. Why would they do something like this?

Bruwinz37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:20 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

On behalf of most Bruin fans let me say this:

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:23 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post

What about something like Morrow for Caron? Maybe a mid pick from one side to even it out?
Morrow would fit better for the bruins. I would do the trade. Still not convinced jagr has much value at 41. Everyone had a free shot at him in FA and teams weren't exactly fighting over him, good luck though with trying to get a haul for Jagr.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:23 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
If I had a dozen Jordan Carons and a dozen Tommy Cross's you could have them all for Jagr.

Fairly ridiculous trade proposal for Dallas. Why would they do something like this?
Because when someone on hf makes a trade proposal they never think of the other team.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:32 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Morrow would fit better for the bruins. I would do the trade. Still not convinced jagr has much value at 41. Everyone had a free shot at him in FA and teams weren't exactly fighting over him, good luck though with trying to get a haul for Jagr.
14 pts in 20 games isn't worth more than a 3rd? I guess he doesn't have enough playoff experience to help any teams that would be looking to pick up rentals.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:52 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:

Gladly. But I also like Morrow a lot, but I have not watched a Dallas game in 2 seasons.

Based on what western conference fans say about Morrow on here, he's been awful.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:07 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Gladly. But I also like Morrow a lot, but I have not watched a Dallas game in 2 seasons.

Based on what western conference fans say about Morrow on here, he's been awful.
Last year he was. Shockingly, he seems to have put what I thought was a career ending neck/back issue behind him.

He's playing well with Benn and Jagr .. well was. They started eating minuses, but that was a whole line issue. He'll start playing on Dallas' 3rd line tomorrow, but the guys he's playing with are my favorite on the team so it could be a good fit: Cody Eakin and Reilly Smith. The two had great chemistry down in Texas, and they're starting to click in the NHL now.

Early in the year I said Caron was redundant for Dallas based on the players they currently have. I still believe that, but an unexpected young forward, Antonie Roussel, pushed his way into Dallas' Top 9. When Ray Whitney is healthy ... probably later this week .... a move will have to be made. Either Reilly Smith or Roussel go back to the AHL or Morrow is traded. My guess is they are higher on the young guys, and Morrow could be traded soon.

Based on that, I think they would go for Caron right now. Even though he's struggling a bit in the AHL, I know he's picked up his offensive output recently, and he's coming back from a 2nd injury. I think Dallas would go ahead and take him because he's probably the best player available.

GM Joe tends to limit himself to trading big pieces to the Eastern Conference. He thinks Dallas is in the playoff mix so he won't want to help a conference team that could potentially keep Dallas out. Then the NTC comes into play, and you have to consider Morrow is only going to a contender.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:12 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

I like Cross as well, and he seems to fit what GMJN is trying to do. Doubt that Morrow alone would get Caron + Cross though, and I wouldn't add more than 3rd, if that.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:13 PM
BigG44

Regarding Jagr ... according to Mike Heika, Dallas' beat writer, it doesn't seem like they are contemplating moving him. When discussing UFAs recently, Heika mentioned they'd have interest in potentially re-signing Jagr, but they understood they'd have to wait to negotiate a contract after the season since that's the way Jagr likes it.

My guess is unless they fall significantly out of the playoff race, they'll keep him and risk losing him for nothing in free agency. On ice has been a mixed bag of results, but I'd say mostly good. Off the ice though, I think they are hoping his work ethic can keep rubbing off on the young guys.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:16 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

I just don't see Jagr being moved, for whatever reason, unless we get an offer that blows GMJN's mind. Which won't happen, because if a team wanted him that badly, they would've outbid us in the offseason.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:19 PM
BigG44

Quote:
I just don't see Jagr being moved, for whatever reason, unless we get an offer that blows GMJN's mind. Which won't happen, because if a team wanted him that badly, they would've outbid us in the offseason.
Jagr never gave them a chance. For whatever reason, he refused to wait for Parise and Suter to make a decision. He's said that part numerous times. Dallas was the only team that had interest in Jagr that wasn't in on those two so they were ready to make a deal immediately.

No telling where he would have signed if those 2 guys had made a quick decision.

EDIT: Honestly ... he's still be in Phili. He mentioned them specifically. He said he was told they wanted to re-sign him, but only after the Parise/Suter mess was sorted out since they were still in the mix.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:31 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
On behalf of most Bruin fans let me say this:

You certainly don't speak for most Bruins fans who have a clue about hockey though.

EastCoastNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:34 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
14 pts in 20 games isn't worth more than a 3rd? I guess he doesn't have enough playoff experience to help any teams that would be looking to pick up rentals.
I think at this point we all know what jagr brings offensively even at his advanced age, it's everything else I'm worried about

Old
03-02-2013, 11:39 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
I think at this point we all know what jagr brings offensively even at his advanced age, it's everything else I'm worried about
Please, do tell more about "what everything else is".

I'll wait for you to list the garbage stereotypes about him though..

Let me guess, he doesn't fir the "Big Bad Bruins" model or isn't a "Bruins type player". That's the most annoying part about people in the fan base. Those that just want to use those claims all the time as reasons they don't want a certain player.

I'd take Jagr on the Bruins in a nanosecond.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:45 PM
fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastNiner View Post
Please, do tell more about "what everything else is".

I'll wait for you to list the garbage stereotypes about him though..

Let me guess, he doesn't fir the "Big Bad Bruins" model or isn't a "Bruins type player". That's the most annoying part about people in the fan base. Those that just want to use those claims all the time as reasons they don't want a certain player.

I'd take Jagr on the Bruins in a nanosecond.

Well, thats your thoughts. I said it before and I will say it again I don't want Jagr on the Bruins. I have never been a fan. Yes he is or was a very good hockey player, but he doesn't fit the "Big Bad Bruins" model and therefore no thanks.

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:49 PM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireworks View Post
Well, thats your thoughts. I said it before and I will say it again I don't want Jagr on the Bruins. I have never been a fan. Yes he is or was a very good hockey player, but he doesn't fit the "Big Bad Bruins" model and therefore no thanks.
Guess who else doesn't fit the "Big Bad Bruins" model?

Seguin and Krejci. Do you want them traded?

The fact of the matter is that the "Big Bad Bruins" model didn't lead to a cup victory for almost 40 years. You need toughness and skill, and Jagr brings both.

Once again, you've given no solid reasons as to why you wouldn't want Jagr besides, "I don't like him"..

Old
03-03-2013, 12:05 AM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
I like Cross as well, and he seems to fit what GMJN is trying to do. Doubt that Morrow alone would get Caron + Cross though, and I wouldn't add more than 3rd, if that.
I would easily do Caron+cross for Morrow+3rd. Without the 3rd I would probably still do it.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:05 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastNiner View Post
Guess who else doesn't fit the "Big Bad Bruins" model?

Seguin and Krejci. Do you want them traded?

The fact of the matter is that the "Big Bad Bruins" model didn't lead to a cup victory for almost 40 years. You need toughness and skill, and Jagr brings both.

Once again, you've given no solid reasons as to why you wouldn't want Jagr besides, "I don't like him"..
Krejci absoultely does, Seguin has made strides this season and is getting closer. The biggest reason, I not want jagr is cause he is slow as **** at his age.