HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Carey Price Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Here come the vultures...
You score 6 at home....you have to count on your goalie to make you win. Why the heck is he always untouchable? Why is it always everybody BUT him???

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnapVirus

2 games in a row where Price is playing like a number two.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bib
#believe

He pooped the bed.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shawnt*

Headcase since day 1. I'd trade him for a good forward and a middle tier goalie any day of the week.

shawnt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Stole us a game...who the **** knows, but tonight, he was ****...once again. Anyone who denies that needs to open their blinds!
once again? my god, he was poor tonight but saying "once again" shows your true motives. Show up when Price plays poor. Congrats.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dharvey33

Price with a massive stinker tonight he has to remind habs fans that he is not an elite goalie.

Message taken thank you for the point tonight.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Where's the glove.......
Damn. Going down that road now.

I used to admire your posting and analysis.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigems View Post
It sure as **** wasn't tonight that's for sure!
No **** Sherlock, or Captain Obvious if you prefer.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DAChampion

Quote:
Well based on every expert saying they would go with Price...you'd think he'd have more value.
Well then he has more value to the team.

The historical reality is that goalies are not valued on the trade market, so you first look at what a goalie is worth to the team (Price is worth more).

He managed to sell Halak at a high. We got a former 13th overall progressing nicely for Halak, nobody has got that much in decades. In comparison, Varlamov got a 13th overall on draft day (less valuable), and Toskala got a 14th overall on draft day (less valuable).

It's an objective, comprehensive win by Gauthier.

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
You score 6 at home....you have to count on your goalie to make you win. Why the heck is he always untouchable? Why is it always everybody BUT him???
Great expert "analysis" as usual. You hand pick this game to trash Price. I'll hand pick many others where he was very good this year.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:54 PM
habsfanatics

Meh, I thought he kept us in it early, but boy he couldn't stop much after that.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hullois
Somewhere in heaven

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
You're seirously overanalyzing.

I said they're both good goalies. I didn't give them a precision number out of 10. I didn't say they weren't great.

You also have no support for your claim that Price had better trade value. The fact is that it had been decades since a goalie got as much return in a trade as Halak, so it's extremely unlikely that Price would have fetched more.

Yes, it was based on projections -- obviously.
Please, you know that at the time Price had the better trade value by far. I understand what Whitesnake is saying, after watching Price and Halak for years, it safe to say that Price is only slightly better, for now. Yes he might become the best in the league, but we've been saying that for years.

I think Price could have gotten us some amazing player back then, and Halak can definitely do the job as a #1. It might have been a mistake to keep Price.

Hullois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
Price with a massive stinker tonight he has to remind habs fans that he is not an elite goalie.

lol, 1 stinker = not elite.

I guess no goaltender in the history of life should be considered elite. I mean, even the mighty Patrick Roy once allowed 9 goals.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Montreal Shadow

There are actually quite a few games Price should have stolen for the team but did not. He's never looked outstanding in a single game this season. He's looked average to good mostly with a few bad games and a few really good ones. Definitely not the level he's supposed to be at.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dharvey33

Quote:
Last year Price was average at best blew a lot of leads but still it was always on the d and never on Price.

i like Price a lot but i can take my homer glass off when he is average of even terrible.

Price on hfboard is a saint graal don't tell anything about him.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:55 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
He's not untouchable.

Everybody agrees that Price had a bad game.

Bad games happen sometimes though. He still has a .924 save percentage entering this game, including two shutouts to go with his two 6-goal games.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Great expert "analysis" as usual. You hand pick this game to trash Price. I'll hand pick many others where he was very good this year.
Great expert analysis of my post as usual. How about realizing that I've praised him when he deserved it, and I bash him when he also does? Just like every other player of this team? Too hard to realize it?
Pretty easy for you to bash posters though, so it shouldn't be too hard for you to understand people bashing players when they deserve it....

Old
Tuggy

Price had a ****** game...it happens. Does that erase all the other good play for the rest of the year? We are tied for first in the East for **** sakes. This fanbase is so stupid sometimes.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:56 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hullois View Post
Please, you know that at the time Price had the better trade value by far. I understand what Whitesnake is saying, after watching Price and Halak for years, it safe to say that Price is only slightly better, for now. Yes he might become the best in the league, but we've been saying that for years.

I think Price could have gotten us some amazing player back then, and Halak can definitely do the job as a #1. It might have been a mistake to keep Price.
Find some examples in the past 30 years of a goalie landing his team "some amazing player".

Old
03-02-2013, 09:57 PM
habsfanatics

The team was pretty bad tonight. Price wasn't great, but he was hardly the reason we lost. He still hasn't stolen a game though.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lafleurs Guy

Well, he stole the game tonight didn't he? I mean look at the saves... oh wait...

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Miller Time

Quote:
In doubt as far as how incredibly great this saviour is suppose to be. Not in doubt between poor or average. Besides, we need to be careful with this top in the conference thing. We're great....Philly sucks tremendously...and we're still just 6 points ahead of them.
don't get me wrong, it's 22 games into a lockout season... hard to read too much into anything about the strong start.

That said, body of work and level of play that Price has shown this far in his career is, imo, MORE than enough to instil confidence in all but those who are determined to find fault just for the sake of finding fault.

Goalies are targets in any hockey market, comes with the territory (Lundqvist has been getting all sorts of heat from Rangers fans this year, Rinne/Quick don't deal with much when they have dips b/c hockey just ain't the focal point in those markets).

Heck, look at Luongo... from hero, to goat, to hero, to goat, to hero... not even sure where he's at today.

but the amount of doubt and skepticism around Price is laughable given what he's done, and what he is doing this year (and i appreciate full well the irony of typing that on a night where he gives up 7 goals and looks shaky the whole night).

He's not just good enough to win with, he's good enough to be great (and paid that way). He's given us pretty good ROI in the first 2 months of his "big payday" contract, not great, but pretty darn good.

why not give him a season or two before sharpening and brandishing the pitch forks?

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:58 PM
TennisMenace

Everyone has a bad game every so often. CP isn't a stud every game, just many.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:58 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post

Everybody has bad games. Period. Thank God St. Patrick never let in more than....nine

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Price had a ****** game...it happens. Does that erase all the other good play for the rest of the year? We are tied for first in the East for **** sakes. This fanbase is so stupid sometimes.
This great "tied for first in the east" syndrom. Don't look....but Philly who has been a joke this year is 7 points behind us in 8th place. I just love when people use this "we're 1st" as if we are 30 points ahead of everybody....

We've been pretty good. Price has been pretty good so far. But tonight he was incredibly bad. Yet...we can't say that unless we're going to be told...."but he was great before"....Yes he was...but he was bad tonight! Geez just accept it....