HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ben Eager to the Habs

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
What part of he's a 4th liner (scrub) is giving you problems? He couldn't make the Habs 4th line. Not even close.
I see, so you can't argue why he is terrible other than "Because I said so! omg" Glad to clear up on whether you should be taken seriously or not.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:16 PM
FanHabtic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
I see, so you can't argue why he is terrible other than "Because I said so! omg" Glad to clear up on whether you should be taken seriously or not.
So explain to me why the Habs should trade for a guy who can't crack our roster???

Old
03-02-2013, 08:18 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
What part of he's a 4th liner (scrub) is giving you problems? He couldn't make the Habs 4th line. Not even close.

And yes this thread should not exist. Its stupid to trade for a player that can't crack your roster!
So every 4th liner in the league is a scrub? I don't think so. Funny that he goes from being a "borderline NHL'er" who "wouldn't get picked up on waivers by any team" to a "4th liner". Here's a tip. Good 4th liners have value to their teams. I don't see why you can't believe that somebody might have interest in one. Or that somebody may not want to trade one. Get a clue.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:20 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
So explain to me why the Habs should trade for a guy who can't crack our roster???
That's not even the issue. You still haven't explained what about Ben Eager makes him such a horrible player who wouldn't make 29 NHL teams and is a borderline NHL'er. Go ahead.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:21 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
So every 4th liner in the league is a scrub? I don't think so. Funny that he goes from being a "borderline NHL'er" who "wouldn't get picked up on waivers by any team" to a "4th liner". Here's a tip. Good 4th liners have value to their teams. I don't see why you can't believe that somebody might have interest in one. Or that somebody may not want to trade one. Get a clue.
So once again, explain to me why the habs should trade for Eager, a scrub who can't crack the Habs roster. I love how all you geniuses avoid this question!

Old
03-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

Quote:
I don't want to trade him to the Habs. I just want you to provide evidence to support your childish posts. Considering you refuse to do so, I doubt any interaction with you will garner any semblance of honest discourse.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

Quote:
So once again, explain to me why the habs should trade for Eager, a scrub who can't crack the Habs roster. I love how all you geniuses avoid this question!
How could you possibly say this when you avoid having to back up your claims? Good god, how much more transparent can you be?

Have fun, I've got better things to do than argue with a troll.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:25 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
I don't want to trade him, that's what I've said all along and I stick to it. I don't care if the Habs should or not, because I wouldn't be happy with any offer we got for him. Stop avoiding the question, what makes Ben Eager a scrub, borderline NHL'er, who wouldn't make 29 NHL teams and wouldn't be picked up on waivers?

This is the last time I ask it. If you can't come up with an answer, you'll be exposed as the troll you are being.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:25 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
How could you possibly say this when you avoid having to back up your claims? Good god, how much more transparent can you be?

Have fun, I've got better things to do than argue with a troll.
I rest my case. The answer is of course it would be idiotic to trade for, and give up an asset, for a scrub who can't crack your roster. My work here is done!

/thread

Old
03-02-2013, 08:26 PM
oilers92

Quote:
and yet you do the exact same?? also Petteri Nokelainen isnt nearly as good as eager, eager's big hits skates fast and can stick up for players and annoy whole fan bases hes a good 4th liner

Old
03-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Empros*

Quote:
You should watch a player if you want to provide input into a discussion, this site has enough people parroting opinions.

Old
03-02-2013, 08:27 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Seriously no thank you to Eager. There's a difference between getting tougher and getting dumber.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Eager would not be useful to Montreal because he is not a fighter, has never played a full NHL season, and has never scored more than 18 points in a season. Eager is the definition of a 4th liner who can be replaced by any similar type of player. He is not the same player who played on a Stanley Cup Champioship team. Injuries have taken their toll, and his unwillingness to fight, for whatever reason, truly limits his ability to be effective in his role. The concussion is very worrisome and problematic for a player that has to play a punishing, physical style to be truly effective.

I do not think he is a scrub, but he is a part that is interchangeable with most any other 4th line energy guy. Heck, the fact that he is not the same player he used to be is also a negative. He is not a PK guy, is not a fighter, doesn't produce points, etc... He is a serviceable, and replaceable 4th liner.

He could not get an Eller, a Prust, or a Thrower in a trade. If he continues to be haunted by the concussion, and he shies away from fighting, he could be waived, depending upon his salary and whether or not the Oilers have anyone younger and fresher to take on the role.

I watch LOTS of hockey. Eager has had good moments for the Oilers. He does use his size and makes the Oilers feel bigger, but he has not impressed me with his play. The only guy he could replace on the Habs is Armstrong. Maybe. He will not get an overpayment like some Oiler fans would like. The Oilers keep him, the Habs look elsewhere for what they really need, and we all go home happy without having to insult each other. For those with reading comprehension issues, there is no sarcasm in this post.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:28 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Eager would not be useful to Montreal because he is not a fighter, has never played a full NHL season, and has never scored more than 18 points in a season. Eager is the definition of a 4th liner who can be replaced by any similar type of player. He is not the same player who played on a Stanley Cup Champioship team. Injuries have taken their toll, and his unwillingness to fight, for whatever reason, truly limits his ability to be effective in his role. The concussion is very worrisome and problematic for a player that has to play a punishing, physical style to be truly effective.

I do not think he is a scrub, but he is a part that is interchangeable with most any other 4th line energy guy. Heck, the fact that he is not the same player he used to be is also a negative. He is not a PK guy, is not a fighter, doesn't produce points, etc... He is a serviceable, and replaceable 4th liner.

He could not get an Eller, a Prust, or a Thrower in a trade. If he continues to be haunted by the concussion, and he shies away from fighting, he could be waived, depending upon his salary and whether or not the Oilers have anyone younger and fresher to take on the role.

I watch LOTS of hockey. Eager has had good moments for the Oilers. He does use his size and makes the Oilers feel bigger, but he has not impressed me with his play. The only guy he could replace on the Habs is Armstrong. Maybe. He will not get an overpayment like some Oiler fans would like. The Oilers keep him, the Habs look elsewhere for what they really need, and we all go home happy without having to insult each other. For those with reading comprehension issues, there is no sarcasm in this post.
How is he not the same player? Sure, he doesn't fight, but he doesn't take the dumb penalities anymore either. If anything, he is a better player now because he still intimidates through throwing huge hits, but he is harder to get off of his game.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:49 PM
SnapVirus

Eager is a good 4th liner on a bad team. On our team hed be good in Hamilton or the pressbox. Same for Pit, Chi, Bos, etc.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:50 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayball75 View Post
I like the idea of an Eager type player but it should be a Dman that's nasty to play against. Come playoff time teams won't be taking it easy on georges,Diaz & markov. Maybe two big tough Dmen is more like it.
Trade for Carkner or SOB.

Last edited by lancer247: 03-02-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old
03-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
How is he not the same player? Sure, he doesn't fight, but he doesn't take the dumb penalities anymore either. If anything, he is a better player now because he still intimidates through throwing huge hits, but he is harder to get off of his game.
He is not the same player because he is not as intimidating as he used to be. A guy who was able to hit you however he wanted and then fight you is more intimidating than a guy who simply throws hits and doesn't back it up. He is also not as fast as he used to be, so his big hits can be avoided more than they used to be. Again, he is a useful player, but he is nothing special. He is a big body that throws himself at people. He is a bigger White, a less useful Prust, a simple 4th liner that can be replaced by someone younger, cheaper, and willing to use his knuckles.

I am not sure why this has become such an argument. He is what he is, a 4th line energy guy with size. Nothing special. Simple reality, nothing more.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:10 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
He is not the same player because he is not as intimidating as he used to be. A guy who was able to hit you however he wanted and then fight you is more intimidating than a guy who simply throws hits and doesn't back it up. He is also not as fast as he used to be, so his big hits can be avoided more than they used to be. Again, he is a useful player, but he is nothing special. He is a big body that throws himself at people. He is a bigger White, a less useful Prust, a simple 4th liner that can be replaced by someone younger, cheaper, and willing to use his knuckles.

I am not sure why this has become such an argument. He is what he is, a 4th line energy guy with size. Nothing special. Simple reality, nothing more.
He's as fast as he ever was. He won the fastest skater at the Oilers skills competition last year. If he didn't have stone hands, he could probably be a decent 2nd/3rd line tweener actually. He has all the tools to be one aside from any sort of offensive touch with the puck.

Its really only become an argument because one dummy from your fanbase suggested he wasn't an NHL'er, which is simply false. He'd play 4th line on almost any team in the league. He has never been some useless goon like a lot of other tough guys are, and even when he's not expected to fight, he contributes.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:12 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Eager is a good 4th liner on a bad team. On our team hed be good in Hamilton or the pressbox. Same for Pit, Chi, Bos, etc.
Yet he won a cup on a very similar Chicago team. He's actually been a pretty good 3rd liner for us. Now that Jones is back, he'll be on the fourth, but he never looked out of place on the third line. He'd fit in nicely on Montreal's 4th line as well. He wouldn't be in the press box.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:04 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Edmonton has been out hitting almost every team we face. Eager has helped with that. I love seeing a much grittier version of the Oilers. I am fine with trading Peckham, but until we get some size into our top 9...I say we keep Eager as he has been playing like he wants to stay.

Paajarvi, Peckham for Eller? Size on the wing and imagine Peckham and Subban together!! So much trash talking lol.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
In one game, yes. He also scored the game winning goal in the third Hawks win in the final the year before.
And? A fluke goal does not make Ben Eager a great player. He is little more than a fourth liner and his value would be comparable to that of Ponikarovsky, if not less. Those demanding Eller or Thrower are vastly overrating Eager.

Quote:
Yet he won a cup on a very similar Chicago team. He's actually been a pretty good 3rd liner for us. Now that Jones is back, he'll be on the fourth, but he never looked out of place on the third line. He'd fit in nicely on Montreal's 4th line as well. He wouldn't be in the press box.
You realize he is a third liner on a weak Edmonton team, yes? Good teams would not have Eager on their third line. I do agree he would fit nicely on the fourth line and have no qualms pitching an offer but nothing ridiculous.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:21 AM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
I like how you grouped your team in with the likes of the Pens, Bruins and Hawks based on one good month of hockey. Wasn't it a month ago that you guys got your ***** handed to you by the Leafs both on the scoreboard and in the physicality department, which spawned about 100 "Your tough guy to the Habs" threads? Lets see where you guys are sitting after playing 9 of the next 12 on the road.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:22 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
I rest my case. The answer is of course it would be idiotic to trade for, and give up an asset, for a scrub who can't crack your roster. My work here is done!

/thread
You have no case to rest . You're yet to back absolutely anything up

Old
03-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Mr V

Quote:
You do realize that this thread was started by a Habs fan, right?

Old
03-03-2013, 01:32 AM
dnicks17

Eager has 4 minor penalties(with two being coincidentals) all season.

He's also averaging close to 3.5 hits per game while playing under 10 minutes. His hits/60 is actually the same as the Habs' two best forwards(Prust and White) combined.

The preconceived notion of him being a reckless, useless idiot is so far off.

Last edited by dnicks17: 03-03-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Closed Thread