HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer Supreme One60 Stick

Old
03-02-2013, 05:12 PM
PlayBall
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Bauer Supreme One60 Stick

I was at a local shop in Canada where I live. Pro Hockey Life. It has a large selection of sticks and I wanted to look through them in person. One of the guys working there around my age talked sticks with me and let me use the shooting range.

He seemed really fixed on selling me the One60 they had on clearance, not that he had to, but he said knowing that I'd use them for ball hockey they'd be a good pick. He said though a tiny bit heavier (noticeable when you pick up a top of the line Bauer or Easton Mako and compare), they're good and durable. The blade selection was also nice, I liked the Stamkos (though I'd wager in real life he uses much more curve, lol), but went with the Kane instead as it's a bit deeper in the heel and mid, and shaped alot like the Thornton I have used many times before. It's also a 6 lie which I wanted because without skates I find 4 and 5 lies way harder to use.

I'm not a big guy so I took an intermediate and when I add on the extra 1.5-2 inches it will be about a 60 flex. I just wanted to know if you guys have any opinions on the stick. It definitely didn't break the bank on me. Once he recommended it to me, and I took some shots, it felt right. I also consider Bauer one of the better brands but I could be wrong, I was already considering Bauer going in but him recommending just made it easier.

PlayBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:42 PM
TieClark

It's a solid mid ranged stick... never used it myself but I like the feel of it playing with it around the store and it's not a bad price at all now in most stores.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Casey44

I had that stick a last year. it's pretty solid but it doesnt have the best feel to it. i switched to the vapor x40 and like it a lot better

Casey44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 06:56 PM
AIREAYE

No, the name on the stick is for marketing identification, the athletes never use their retail namesake curve haha.

The One60 is a sturdy mid end $100 stick that can be had for around $60 now. Good deal. Not the lightest or best $100 stick imo, but solid.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Shaun Bisson

vCash: 50
If you're gonna get a similarly priced Bauer stick, go with the Nexus 600. It was what I was using before I was graciously given a couple TotalOne NXGs. I liked it a lot, much more than my Supreme one60

Shaun Bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:03 PM
PlayBall
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
No, the name on the stick is for marketing identification, the athletes never use their retail namesake curve haha.

The One60 is a sturdy mid end $100 stick that can be had for around $60 now. Good deal. Not the lightest or best $100 stick imo, but solid.
lol no kidding. I noticed the bit of weight on it but it wasn't too bottom heavy so I can't complain.

I did have a laugh about picking a Kane curve. I think he's one of the best players at this moment, offensively anyways, and I picked his curve. I feel like a little kid with that decision. But seriously, it's just a nice curve for ball, and it's just like my thornton outside of a bit less mid/toe curve.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:06 PM
PlayBall
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Bisson View Post
If you're gonna get a similarly priced Bauer stick, go with the Nexus 600. It was what I was using before I was graciously given a couple TotalOne NXGs. I liked it a lot, much more than my Supreme one60
Interesting, why is that? This kind of stuff is good to know.

As for why I got the one60, the guy there let me take some shots and I could feel the stick doing the work I wanted it to, so I figured why go through the hassle of finding a stick online? I liked the flex, curve, weight, price, 6 lie, the brand, and the guy said it worked well for him and was durable. I think I'll like these alot.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:40 PM
AIREAYE

The Nexus 600 is going for around $110 since it's a current model whereas the One60 is discontinued and is on sale. They are both at around that $100 pricepoint, and an intensely competitive one at that.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Shaun Bisson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayBall View Post
Interesting, why is that? This kind of stuff is good to know.
I liked the way the puck jumped off the blade. I noticed almost immediately that my wrist and snap shots were a lot harder. Lost a tiny bit of accuracy (I don't know if thats the case with most other people), but it was a noticeable difference in the shot.

Don't even get me started on how amazing the NXGs are...

Quote:
The Nexus 600 is going for around $110 since it's a current model whereas the One60 is discontinued and is on sale. They are both at around that $100 pricepoint, and an intensely competitive one at that.
Interesting. I didn't know it was priced at 110. I got the 600 for $49.99, but it could easily have been a sale.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:00 AM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

Quote:
lol no kidding. I noticed the bit of weight on it but it wasn't too bottom heavy so I can't complain.

I did have a laugh about picking a Kane curve. I think he's one of the best players at this moment, offensively anyways, and I picked his curve. I feel like a little kid with that decision. But seriously, it's just a nice curve for ball, and it's just like my thornton outside of a bit less mid/toe curve.
I think you'll be happy with the retail-version Kane curve. I find it easier to control my shot than with a Hall/Backstrom curve, and my backhand is much better. The curve that Kane actually uses is much different than this one.

BigNumber1Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:13 AM
PlayBall
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNumber1Centre View Post
I think you'll be happy with the retail-version Kane curve. I find it easier to control my shot than with a Hall/Backstrom curve, and my backhand is much better. The curve that Kane actually uses is much different than this one.
Yeah just like any other player's retail stick it seems.

What is Kane's real curve like? I wonder if there's any player who's curve is actually put on sticks.

Old
03-04-2013, 01:32 AM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

Quote:
Yeah just like any other player's retail stick it seems.

What is Kane's real curve like? I wonder if there's any player who's curve is actually put on sticks.
I think the real curve is more open and has a square toe.

Also I think think the Chara and Roy retail curves are nearly identical to the one that Hall actually uses.

BigNumber1Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:09 AM
-NoGoal-

Bought that stick for ball hockey a couple years ago. It's weight is fair for most mid-range sticks but I wasn't a fan of how my shot adapted to my stick change (came from a dolomite). It didn't take long for the blade to crack on the concrete either. My best recommendation is to get a 2 piece if you're planning on using your stick for ball hockey; that way you can interchange your blades as they crack/break.

In conclusion go with something else or give the nexus 600 a shot.

-NoGoal- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:21 AM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Bisson View Post
I liked the way the puck jumped off the blade. I noticed almost immediately that my wrist and snap shots were a lot harder. Lost a tiny bit of accuracy (I don't know if thats the case with most other people), but it was a noticeable difference in the shot.

Don't even get me started on how amazing the NXGs are...

Interesting. I didn't know it was priced at 110. I got the 600 for $49.99, but it could easily have been a sale.
Weird time to have a sale on Nexus, it's still in the line.
http://www.prohockeylife.com/composi...y-stick-p-7561
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-ho...us-600-sr.html

Are you sure it wasn't the Nexus 400 : http://www.hockeymonkey.com/bauer-ho...us-400-sr.html

Old
03-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Shaun Bisson

Quote:
Positive. I don't have it here with me, I know it is definitely the 600. The store I got it from didn't even have the 400 at the time. It was during an in-store stick sale though thinking about it, because everything was on sale. Definitely a good snag on my part. Probably won't ever use it again though because once I'm done with the NXGs I'm gonna switch to the CCM RBZ.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:02 PM
PlayBall
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNumber1Centre View Post
I think the real curve is more open and has a square toe.

Also I think think the Chara and Roy retail curves are nearly identical to the one that Hall actually uses.
Probably right, I've watched the past couple games for his stick and definitely saw a square toe.

Old
03-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

One60 seems decent. Same price point as the Nexus 600. I like to think the 600 has a bit better balance but could just be me.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:07 PM
AIREAYE

I think you're definitely right Jarick.

Old
03-05-2013, 01:14 AM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

I loved my One60.

I used the one with the matte finish and it was fantastic for me. Kane curve, 77 flex. Great puck feel, good kick point, etc.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:11 PM
OpenIceHit42

I recently just picked up two Supreme One60's for $117 total with shipping from HM...

I've been pondering switching from Warrior to Bauer for awhile and finally made the move. I did some research into the One60 and read some mixed reviews. To me I really like the stick, puck felt a little different coming off of it at first with the One60 being a mid kick and my AK27's were low. The only thing I don't really care about the One60 is the non grip.

Bottom line IMO if you're not looking to break the bank and want a decent stick then jump on it.

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:27 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'd jump on a One80, dunno about One60.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2013, 03:39 PM
esidebill

I was looking at the One80... until I saw an APX for under a hundred.

esidebill is offline   Reply With Quote