HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Look For Calgary to Field Offers for Bouwmeester

Old
03-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Hockyluv21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wheeled Winger View Post
Overpaid ones do come cheaper than usual, though I do agree 1st + young roster player seems right as a starting point, or 2nd + young roster player and/or prospect depending on what the roster player and/or the prospect are.
I could see any of these packages working for Calgary.

Trade with Carolina:

LW Drayson Bowman, 1st (+ center prospect Victor Rask if bidding war)

Trade with Tampa:

D Keith Aulie (or C/LW Benoit Pouliot if bidding war), 1st

Trade with Nashville:

RW Matt Halischuk, 1st (+ center prospect Michael Latta if bidding war)

Trade with Detroit:

D Jakub Kindl, high 2nd (+ center prospect Calle Jarnkrok if bidding war)

Last edited by Hockyluv21: 03-02-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Hockyluv21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
I'd put money on it that Holland would include Sproul or Ouellet in a deal. With Smith, Lashoff, Dekeyser, that would still leave one of Sproul/Ouellet in the system. That's still a heavy dose of read/almost NHL ready D. Then they'd have Bouwmeester and Kronwall at the top.

I would assume Calgary would want young D but maybe I'm wrong.

Detroit is his best fit.
I'm a bit less aversive to sending Ouellet as part of a deal for Jbo. The Wings have a plethora of sound 2-way LH d-men in the system, but a large RH shot with offensive talent is something that is sorely lacking both in the system and on the roster.

Oullett + one of Jurco or Pulkinnen (either instantly becomes the flames best RW prospect) + a non-1st pick would be a starting point, I think. I also wouldn't be averse to sending a young roster d-man (Kindl, for example) and downgrading or removing the pick (necessary roster move for Detroit if this happens anyhow).

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:54 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Bouwmeester to Nashville for something around Mike Fisher/1st/xx ?

Bouwmeester to Detroit for Valteri Filppula, Riley Sheahan, and a 1st?

Bouwmeester to Colorado for Paul Stastny, David Jones, and a 1st? Maybe not the 1st, Colorado is probably gonna wanna hold on to that, but Jones IS a salary dump, as well.

I think that Feaster is going to hold out for a centerman...Flames are decent on the wing, but their center depth is easily the worst in the NHL. Trying to think of teams that really need D, but not many have centers they can move or will be willing to move. St. Louis won't move Berglund/Backes or Steen/Oshie (who play on the wing, mostly, but can play center), Dallas doesn't have anyone behind Benn that would be worthwhile for Calgary, and they won't move Benn. Carolina won't move the Staal bros. Could see Minnesota offering Granlund, but I don't think it's very likely.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Bouwmeester to Nashville for something around Mike Fisher/1st/xx ?

Bouwmeester to Detroit for Valteri Filppula, Riley Sheahan, and a 1st?

Bouwmeester to Colorado for Paul Stastny, David Jones, and a 1st? Maybe not the 1st, Colorado is probably gonna wanna hold on to that, but Jones IS a salary dump, as well.

I think that Feaster is going to hold out for a centerman...Flames are decent on the wing, but their center depth is easily the worst in the NHL. Trying to think of teams that really need D, but not many have centers they can move or will be willing to move. St. Louis won't move Berglund/Backes or Steen/Oshie (who play on the wing, mostly, but can play center), Dallas doesn't have anyone behind Benn that would be worthwhile for Calgary, and they won't move Benn. Carolina won't move the Staal bros. Could see Minnesota offering Granlund, but I don't think it's very likely.
I think that would be wise, but I'm still not sure if UFA Flip is an attractive piece for the Flames or not. Maybe if there are conditional transfers of picks based on re-sign/no-resign.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:59 PM
allkill326

Bouwmeester will probably go to Detroit for Smith + 1st?

allkill326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:01 PM
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB

vCash: 300
Quote:
I think that would be wise, but I'm still not sure if UFA Flip is an attractive piece for the Flames or not. Maybe if there are conditional transfers of picks based on re-sign/no-resign.
Oh yeah, he's a UFA. Thought he had another year left on his deal.

Well, make it that it's conditional based on Filpulla singing.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by allkill326 View Post
Bouwmeester will probably go to Detroit for Smith + 1st?
Aw, hell naw.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Rather have Giordano come home.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Hockyluv21

Quote:
Aw, hell naw.
In a bidding war situation? A little bit high, but slightly possible. You'd see HF blow up and spam the Detroit boards about how "lopsided" that trade was if it happened, but I wouldn't be too surprised with a package like that. I do think that Kindl, Jarnkrok and a high 2nd may be a more fair offer in a bidding war.

Hockyluv21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Mantha Poodoo
Playoff Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockyluv21 View Post
In a bidding war situation? A little bit high, but slightly possible. You'd see HF blow up and spam the Detroit boards about how "lopsided" that trade was if it happened, but I wouldn't be too surprised with a package like that. I do think that Kindl, Jarnkrok and a high 2nd may be a more fair offer in a bidding war.
Holland isn't anyone that's been the GM of the Leafs or Flames for the last decade. This is a rebuilding Detroit team as stated by both Holland and Babcock. Holland will move future assets to plug holes, but not both a first and a top 4/2 young D prospect that's on the roster.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Remember2004

I know MOST Blue fans agree to Bouwmeester/GIordano for the package of

Cole + 1st OR Cole + Rattie

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Gigantor The Goalie

vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Oh yeah, he's a UFA. Thought he had another year left on his deal.

Well, make it that it's conditional based on Filpulla singing.
Has there ever been a condition in a trade that required a player being traded to sing? I kid I kid

Gigantor The Goalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:41 AM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Would something around Grabovski/Bouwmeester work?

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:51 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post

Cole + 1st for Bouwmeester, IF we know we can sign him for around 4-4.5M.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:41 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsandSharksfan View Post
why we doing this? Between Phaneuf, Gardiner and Reiley coming up we don't need Jaybo plus Liles in the press box

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:46 AM
Edge of Sanity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7venbarschi View Post
Try Sproul and Jankrok
This post is hilarious

Edge of Sanity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:54 AM
Money Baer
COYS

Quote:
No.

If traded, JayBow will return something better than Grabo.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:58 AM
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
why we doing this? Between Phaneuf, Gardiner and Reiley coming up we don't need Jaybo plus Liles in the press box
We need a #2 D-man who can play with Phanuef and cover up for his mistakes, no one in our system can do that right now.

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:02 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
We need a #2 D-man who can play with Phanuef and cover up for his mistakes, no one in our system can do that right now.
but we don't really need ANOTHER puck mover we need a Barett Jackman type Regehr or a volchkinkov or a Krownwall

Old
03-03-2013, 02:03 AM
Remember2004

Quote:
No more trades with Leafs please the Gilmour and Phaneuf trade was enough pain Nothing really on the Leafs that would interest the Flames but Kadri but he's finally panning out adn Kessel the all star which pretty much untouchable.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:07 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
No more trades with Leafs please the Gilmour and Phaneuf trade was enough pain Nothing really on the Leafs that would interest the Flames but Kadri but he's finally panning out adn Kessel the all star which pretty much untouchable.
ao you don't want to give Gio or the anton?

Old
03-03-2013, 02:08 AM
BackWithaVengeance

I think he'll be in a Flyers uniform after the TDL. Homer is a aggressive GM who is not afraid to make bold moves and fill holes.

My guess is:

J-Bo

for

Scott Laughton (C, 1st round pick, 20th in 2012),

Erik Gustafsson, http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8475640 solid, young, puck-moving defender, max. top-5 defender

and a pick (1st or 2nd in 2013)

OR

J-Bo

for

Scott Laughton and Andrei Meszaros.

By the way, the reason why Laughton is included in every proposal is not because he sucks. It's more like the Flyers can deal from a position of strength.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:31 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:

are you suggesting Rattie is worth a 1st? He's not. Not even worth a 2nd IMO. He will be Ryan Howse v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post
I think he'll be in a Flyers uniform after the TDL. Homer is a aggressive GM who is not afraid to make bold moves and fill holes.

My guess is:

J-Bo

for

Scott Laughton (C, 1st round pick, 20th in 2012),

Erik Gustafsson, http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8475640 solid, young, puck-moving defender, max. top-5 defender

and a pick (1st or 2nd in 2013)

OR

J-Bo

for

Scott Laughton and Andrei Meszaros.

By the way, the reason why Laughton is included in every proposal is not because he sucks. It's more like the Flyers can deal from a position of strength.
I agree with the Flyer, but disagree on Laughton. I think the Flyers could actually move one of Couturier or Schenn due to how hectic the summer of 2014 will be for the Flyers.

With Giroux, Couturier, Schenn, Read, Timonen & Meszaros all hitting free agency at the same time I think one of Couts/Schenn could be moved because as you mentioned center is a position of strength.

I think something will be built around Bouwmeester (or Giordano) and Schenn, but I think it will have more on both sides, maybe even quite a bit more.

One thought I had was Giordano & Baertschi for the Schenn brothers.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:55 AM
BackWithaVengeance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
are you suggesting Rattie is worth a 1st? He's not. Not even worth a 2nd IMO. He will be Ryan Howse v2.0

I agree with the Flyer, but disagree on Laughton. I think the Flyers could actually move one of Couturier or Schenn due to how hectic the summer of 2014 will be for the Flyers.

With Giroux, Couturier, Schenn, Read, Timonen & Meszaros all hitting free agency at the same time I think one of Couts/Schenn could be moved because as you mentioned center is a position of strength.

I think something will be built around Bouwmeester (or Giordano) and Schenn, but I think it will have more on both sides, maybe even quite a bit more.

One thought I had was Giordano & Baertschi for the Schenn brothers.
I know what you mean. I just dont see the Schenn brothers being offered in any kind of trade because booth seem to really settled in and finally play succesful,sensible hockey.

If the Flyers make one of Couts or B.Schenn available I believe it would be Couturier more than Schenn (Yes you're right, I wrote that as a Flyers fan). He (Brayden S.) looks like the 2nd line center we hoped he'd grow into.

BUT if Couturier would be available, sry Flames fans, I truly believe Calgary adds and of course, you won't like it.

This is why my 2 proposals are based around Scott Laughton.

BackWithaVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:07 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post
I know what you mean. I just dont see the Schenn brothers being offered in any kind of trade because booth seem to really settled in and finally play succesful,sensible hockey.

If the Flyers make one of Couts or B.Schenn available I believe it would be Couturier more than Schenn (Yes you're right, I wrote that as a Flyers fan). He (Brayden S.) looks like the 2nd line center we hoped he'd grow into.

BUT if Couturier would be available, sry Flames fans, I truly believe Calgary adds and of course, you won't like it.

This is why my 2 proposals are based around Scott Laughton.
I notice you didn't knock the value on my suggestion of the Schenn's for Giordano & Baertschi. So I think value wise I may be onto something.

I also thought about suggesting Couturier & Meszaros.

another addition to any deal could be a 2nd defenseman going the Flyers direction, perhaps Smith who is a younger NHL capable on the 3rd pairing on the cheap, and Philly could add in Rinaldo.

Also don't think for a second I don't understand the value of Couturier and Schenn, there is a reason I had Baertschi in my proposal along with Giordano, as he has similar upside except on the wing.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote