HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 3/11) *Part II*

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 07:05 PM
shinchanyo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Is there a hidden message in this one too?
Nah too much effort I was bored and needed a laugh

Old
03-02-2013, 10:36 PM
CH2

Brady Skjei wasn't dressed tonight for the Gophers.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:29 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Brady Skjei wasn't dressed tonight for the Gophers.
His trouble making the team is disappointing for a first rounder. You look at how Nieves is doing at the same age and it really illustrates that things aren't going well for Skjei. I don't care whose team is stronger. There is no team in NCAA where Nieves wouldn't be a top-6 forward, and he's a late second rounder.

A first rounder should be able to make the #3 (of 11) team in CCHA as a regular, and anyone who says otherwise is refusing to see the truth.

Nobody is saying he's a bust, but having him in the stands isn't a great thing.

Last edited by Beacon: 03-03-2013 at 03:45 AM.
Old
03-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
His trouble making the team is disappointing for a first rounder. You look at how Nieves is doing at the same age and it really illustrates that things aren't going well for Skjei. I don't care whose team is stronger. There is no team in NCAA where Nieves wouldn't be a top-6 forward, and he's a late second rounder.

A first rounder should be able to make the #3 (of 11) team in CCHA as a regular, and anyone who says others is refusing to see the truth.

This. Nieves >> Skjei for me. Skjei has been very unimpressive.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:18 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Skjei was last a scratch in December. He played every game since then. Minnesota has 7 D. That's the truth. Mike Reilly stays in the line-up because of his offensive skills. A few games ago,Skjei was more noticeable than Reilly. Minnesota is tied for 2nd in the WCHA. Their regular season ends this weekend. WCHA tournament begins next weekend.

Michigan was languishing in the CCHA cellar for most of the season. They ended up 7th. 4 points out of 10th. On Michigan,Skjei is not a scratch. Michigan will host Northern Michigan next weekend in round one of the CCHA tournament this weekend.

Steve Fogarty is a 4th liner for Notre Dame. Is Fogarty a 4th liner on Michigan? No. Notre Dame finished 2nd in the CCHA. Michigan could be heading to Notre Dame in 2 weeks if the 3 top seeds win this weekend.

Don't tell me about Boo Nieves. I mentioned Boo many times leading up to the draft as a possibility for the Rangers. He is a very good player. Even he is inconsistent. He was quiet this weekend against Ferris State. I saw both games. He is allowed to play through his growing pains. Berenson didn't put him on the 4th line.

Maybe the Rangers should get Skjei out of Minnesota. Sign him a 3 year ELC. Assign him to Regina(WHL)which holds his CHL rights.

No more CCHA and WCHA for the big 10 schools next season. Big 10 hockey conference which includes Michigan and Minnesota.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
when is the earliest/latest fasth and lindberg could join the rangers/whale this season?
19 March 2013!!!

QF G7 is played on 24 - 25 March.

SF G7 is played on 9 - 10 April.

Final G1 - G7 is played on 13 - 24 April.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Pugs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
This. Nieves >> Skjei for me. Skjei has been very unimpressive.
I don't know why he was scratched last night, but I watched Skjei on Friday night on the B1G network and he played what I thought was a great game. Problem was Minnesota got shut out so maybe they wanted more offense or something?

Old
03-03-2013, 11:18 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
19 March 2013!!!

QF G7 is played on 24 - 25 March.

SF G7 is played on 9 - 10 April.

Final G1 - G7 is played on 13 - 24 April.
Ola, how are Lindberg and Fast's teams looking? How are their stats this year too?

EDIT: Nevermind I see their teams are 1 and 2 in the standings. haha. So we probably won't see them for awhile.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:12 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Guys in your opinions, which Ranger prospects have:

60 pt potential

50 pt potential

40 pt potential

30 pt potential

Anything less and I don't care and anything more and it is gravy but let's be realistic if a player is scoring 60 he is kicking ass. Now HOW he scores 60 is another thing. I value goal scoring above point scoring so list them in that sense. Let's say a player scores 40 goals and only 20 assists but theres a guy with 20-40 in reality the 20-40 guy is probably more offensive day to day but the goal scorer wins you games. So list them in that way. This includes the lowest baby Rangers to the guys already on the team with less than 2 years of service. Please only list the Wolfpack players that you think will actually have a chance to make the team on a semi-permanent to permanent basis and not journeymen that go up and down and are really AHLers. Yeah I know it's all speculation but GO!

As far as defensemen make it 40pt max and 20pt low.

Although I value defensive play more than offensive play when it comes to Dmen. But were talking about offense here.

P.S.

Where do Lindberg and Fasth fall in all of this?

Old
03-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:

A first rounder should be able to make the #3 (of 11) team in CCHA as a regular, and anyone who says otherwise is refusing to see the truth.

You clearly don't watch as much Gopher hockey as whale hockey. Not sure why he isn't dressed but he's been very good the last month. He is on the first Pk unit and he plays with the best offensive defenseman in the NCAA so alot is expected of him defensively and he is absolutely not a bust.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:11 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Ola, how are Lindberg and Fast's teams looking? How are their stats this year too?

EDIT: Nevermind I see their teams are 1 and 2 in the standings. haha. So we probably won't see them for awhile.
Yeah, odds aren't great for a quick exit...

Skelleftea fired their coach though with ten games to go so that's a odd situation but they are heads and shoulders basically but HV are just deep, not that great and have weak Ds, so you never know with them...

Old
03-03-2013, 04:43 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Skjei was getting a ton of icetime on the PK and even-strength the few times I've watched the past weeks. I didn't catch the entire games, just a period here and there, but he had a lot of playing time.

Old
03-03-2013, 06:13 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

My scount friend ticked off players from last years draft who could play in the NHL next year and he mentioned Skeji. Without promoting from me. No kidding.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:46 PM
collegehockeyguy

skjei was a healthy scratch for the second time this season. i wouldnt overreact- the coaching staff said it had nothing to do with his play and im sure he will be in the lineup next weekend.

it has 0% to do with his play and 100% to do with the fact that they have 8 defensemen that are all very good. minnesota has been trying to play all 8 of them every night, but have been looking for more offense so they sat one of the 8 defensemen friday night and dressed 11 forwards, and then it was skjeis turn to sit saturday. like a few others have said above- he has played great lately and doesnt look anything like the kid that struggled in the fall. there are a few gopher defensemen that are rumored to be signing to the nhl this offseason so, assuming skjei stays, he will be a top 4 D man next year and will make the world junior team

Old
03-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
My scount friend ticked off players from last years draft who could play in the NHL next year and he mentioned Skeji. Without promoting from me. No kidding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegehockeyguy View Post
skjei was a healthy scratch for the second time this season. i wouldnt overreact- the coaching staff said it had nothing to do with his play and im sure he will be in the lineup next weekend.

it has 0% to do with his play and 100% to do with the fact that they have 8 defensemen that are all very good. minnesota has been trying to play all 8 of them every night, but have been looking for more offense so they sat one of the 8 defensemen friday night and dressed 11 forwards, and then it was skjeis turn to sit saturday. like a few others have said above- he has played great lately and doesnt look anything like the kid that struggled in the fall. there are a few gopher defensemen that are rumored to be signing to the nhl this offseason so, assuming skjei stays, he will be a top 4 D man next year and will make the world junior team
I've watched about 6 Gopher games over the last 6 weeks. Skjei was on the ice for more than a few goals against and was on the ice for one gopher goal. He was one of the least visible players for Minnesota. He also lost position on the rush more than a few times. He did nothing, nothing that would make me say 'he has played great!'. Overall he's looked like a Freshman. That's not a knock on him, just looks like he has a way to go.

Then he gets benched, no its not cause of his play, cause ya know, he's been great !

What games are you talking about? North Dakota, Minny State, ST Cloud? Duluth? Wisconsin, DU?

If Skjei plays in the NHL next year I'll buy you all season tix so you can watch his greatness close up

Old
03-04-2013, 08:07 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayStorm View Post
Guys in your opinions, which Ranger prospects have:

60 pt potential

50 pt potential

40 pt potential

30 pt potential

Anything less and I don't care and anything more and it is gravy but let's be realistic if a player is scoring 60 he is kicking ass. Now HOW he scores 60 is another thing. I value goal scoring above point scoring so list them in that sense. Let's say a player scores 40 goals and only 20 assists but theres a guy with 20-40 in reality the 20-40 guy is probably more offensive day to day but the goal scorer wins you games. So list them in that way. This includes the lowest baby Rangers to the guys already on the team with less than 2 years of service. Please only list the Wolfpack players that you think will actually have a chance to make the team on a semi-permanent to permanent basis and not journeymen that go up and down and are really AHLers. Yeah I know it's all speculation but GO!

As far as defensemen make it 40pt max and 20pt low.

Although I value defensive play more than offensive play when it comes to Dmen. But were talking about offense here.

P.S.

Where do Lindberg and Fasth fall in all of this?
Talking strictly of upside:

60 points:
Kreider
Miller
Thomas - I think he has the highest offensive ceiling out of anyone in the entire system
Fasth
St Croix - wildcard
Nieves

50 points:
Hrivik

40 points:
Lindberg

30 points:
Fogarty
Jean

D-men:

40 points:
Andersson

30 points:
Skjei
McIlrath

20 points:
Noreau

Old
03-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I've watched about 6 Gopher games over the last 6 weeks. Skjei was on the ice for more than a few goals against and was on the ice for one gopher goal. He was one of the least visible players for Minnesota. He also lost position on the rush more than a few times. He did nothing, nothing that would make me say 'he has played great!'. Overall he's looked like a Freshman. That's not a knock on him, just looks like he has a way to go.

Then he gets benched, no its not cause of his play, cause ya know, he's been great !

What games are you talking about? North Dakota, Minny State, ST Cloud? Duluth? Wisconsin, DU?

If Skjei plays in the NHL next year I'll buy you all season tix so you can watch his greatness close up
He is on the first PK unit as a Freshman with all those other great defenders. Why is that? His partner is Nate Schmidt who is a great offensive D-man but not the best defender. He is partnered with him because of his defensive prowess primarily his skating. He will be in the NHL next year but he's not that far off and your evaluation is garbage.

Old
03-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
He is on the first PK unit as a Freshman with all those other great defenders. Why is that? His partner is Nate Schmidt who is a great offensive D-man but not the best defender. He is partnered with him because of his defensive prowess primarily his skating. He will be in the NHL next year but he's not that far off and your evaluation is garbage.
Schmidt is a Norris trophy defender compared to Skjei. Defensively he's been that good. Skjei was on the ice for a few PP goals on the PK in the 6 games I mentioned. Plus, he is last among Minny Dmen in blocked shots, and not by just a little cause he's been sat. And if they tracked shots that he takes on Offense that get blocked he'd be right up there. Look it up if you'd like to know the facts, theres a website that tracks every Gopher play. In the last few weeks you'll see Skjei appears on there a handful of times. Mostly for being on the ice for goals against.

'Not that far off'

Ridiculous. You just joined everyone from the last 3 years saying Kreider was not that far off. 60 points this year !

Old
03-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

I could see Skjei being deemed NHL ready based on his physical gifts, but not by his on-ice game. He's a big, strong kid who can skate, but he's needs plenty of work.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:00 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I could see Skjei being deemed NHL ready based on his physical gifts, but not by his on-ice game. He's a big, strong kid who can skate, but he's needs plenty of work.
According to our fans, every one of our NA prospects are always 'ready' based on size, skating, or both.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:03 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
According to our fans, every one of our NA prospects are always 'ready' based on size, skating, or both.
Not Ryan Bourque or Shane McColgan!!

Skjei is not NHL ready. He has NHL skating and size but, like Kreider, he will need time.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:20 AM
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
Quote:

Not that Skjei is doing great, but you're comparing a forward to a defenseman. Defense is a much more restrictive position and on that requires a lot more mental and technical development. It's unfair to compare the two like that. In 9 out of 10 cases the defenseman is going to take longer to develop. It's definitely been a rough campaign for Brady but I'm not at all worried about his future right now.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Schmidt is a Norris trophy defender compared to Skjei. Defensively he's been that good. Skjei was on the ice for a few PP goals on the PK in the 6 games I mentioned. Plus, he is last among Minny Dmen in blocked shots, and not by just a little cause he's been sat. And if they tracked shots that he takes on Offense that get blocked he'd be right up there. Look it up if you'd like to know the facts, theres a website that tracks every Gopher play. In the last few weeks you'll see Skjei appears on there a handful of times. Mostly for being on the ice for goals against.

'Not that far off'

Ridiculous. You just joined everyone from the last 3 years saying Kreider was not that far off. 60 points this year !
That's simply untrue. He gets great press mostly because of his offensive prowess. But, he is up ice too much, is not physical and loses too many 50/50s along the boards. He's good but to infer that he is making that pair go defensively is ridiculous. When did it become a crime for a defenseman to be on the ice for a power play goal against? Clearly Lucia wants him on the ice when they are down a man since he keeps putting him out there on the first unit.

Old
03-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
That's simply untrue. He gets great press mostly because of his offensive prowess. But, he is up ice too much, is not physical and loses too many 50/50s along the boards. He's good but to infer that he is making that pair go defensively is ridiculous. When did it become a crime for a defenseman to be on the ice for a power play goal against? Clearly Lucia wants him on the ice when they are down a man since he keeps putting him out there on the first unit.
Clearly? Lucia took him out of the lineup all together, are you not keeping up?

Schmidt is getting praise for his defensive game, think I'm making this stuff up!?

Lucia acknowledged that Schmidt became the defensive key

m.1500espn.com/pages/sportswire.php?sID=6174

I just thought he was good in all situations and in any role you asked him to play, Guentzel said.

http://www.mndaily.com/2012/12/12/sc...top-defenseman

Old
03-04-2013, 10:59 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:

'Not that far off'

Skjei is a freshman, Schmidt is a junior.
Would love for the Rangers to sign Schmidt though, he is going to be good.

Closed Thread