HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

v27: Ujiri signs 5 year, $3m per year deal to become Raptors GM

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Eytinge

vCash: 500
Now we are 7.5 games back, playoffs pretty much done. What will Casey do? Play Val/Ross/Quincy down the stretch and let them develop more? Or go with Bargs/AA/JL to try and make a stupid push for 8th?

The choice is obvious Casey.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:34 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Now we are 7.5 games back, playoffs pretty much done. What will Casey do? Play Val/Ross/Quincy down the stretch and let them develop more? Or go with Bargs/AA/JL to try and make a stupid push for 8th?

Yup. Play the veteran scrubs.

Lmao

Old
03-02-2013, 10:34 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:

MORE MINUTES FOR ANDERSON!

Obviously.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
13-14 Sharks CI Feed Tracker: 82 GP |29-39-14 (SJ-Opponent-Van/Nat'l)
www.bluejayshipsters.com We liked the Blue Jays before it was cool.
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
03-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Kulemon

Lowry had a triple double. Quietest triple double I've ever seen. +5 steals

Old
03-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanta Yo View Post
Passed last Thursday.
oh damn, i thought it was certain he was going to be traded, what exactly happened?

03-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
oh damn, i thought it was certain he was going to be traded, what exactly happened?
He has a bad contract, not easy to move. There was a Boozer deal on the table but BC wasn't interested in that.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:56 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
He has a bad contract, not easy to move. There was a Boozer deal on the table but BC wasn't interested in that.
ah okay, from what it sounded like that trade would've been favourable to us, atleast that was what the mass majority said. guess not good for Bryan.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:31 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
ah okay, from what it sounded like that trade would've been favourable to us, atleast that was what the mass majority said. guess not good for Bryan.
meh, it wasn't that great. It was swapping one bad contract for another (more money owed to Boozer, and I think an extra year) and Boozer was also an underachiever.

I think what made it appealing was that Boozer plays a proper interior game and can rebound, which is precisely what the problem with Bargnani.

I wouldn't have minded the trade if it happened, but the fact that it didn't happen is really not a big concern.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:36 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
meh, it wasn't that great. It was swapping one bad contract for another (more money owed to Boozer, and I think an extra year) and Boozer was also an underachiever.

I think what made it appealing was that Boozer plays a proper interior game and can rebound, which is precisely what the problem with Bargnani.

I wouldn't have minded the trade if it happened, but the fact that it didn't happen is really not a big concern.
Ah okay, thanks for explaining it nem. Really appreciate it.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:06 AM
RayzorIsDull

Anderson makes Ricky Davis look unselfish. Anderson never shot that much in college and now the guy won't stop shooting. I wonder if Anderson will try and have a shooters duel with Curry on Monday.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:26 AM
Eytinge

Is AA popular in the locker room? I mean how does he not get called out for being such a selfish player? The only player he passes to is Lucas, and vice versa. At least Lucas doesn't force his shot when he's cold. AA is quickly becoming my most hated Raptor.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:39 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Anderson makes Ricky Davis look unselfish. Anderson never shot that much in college and now the guy won't stop shooting. I wonder if Anderson will try and have a shooters duel with Curry on Monday.
At least Anderson hasn't tried to brick a shot off his own hoop to snag a rebound. Yet.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Suntouchable13

I still think next season they are a lock to be in the playoffs. If they started this season with Gay, they would have made it.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:15 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
I still think next season they are a lock to be in the playoffs. If they started this season with Gay, they would have made it.
There's no guarantee of that. They have a PG in Lowry but pretty much run isos for DeRozan and Gay. They get very little production from the post, Bargnani stinks, Gray stinks, Val is just learning the game and Amir is a nice energy guy who can get some buckets. Unless the amnesty Bargs they are close to being capped out. There are no locks to make the playoffs especially for a current 10 seed. 76ers made it last year and won a round and they aren't making it this year. Pistons are the same as the Raptors except they have 30 mil in cap room this offseason.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Spezza19
GO SENS GO!!

The Raps are definitely a playoff team getting a full season out of Gay next year. Also, hopefully Bargnani will be gone and that will open up time for younger players. Val and Ross should get more playing time and take things to the next level in their game and you got to think there will be a couple new players brought in through trade or signing.

The Hawks should lose their spot next year without Smith, so that opens up a spot for a new team to step in and that most certainly can be the Raps.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
The Raps are definitely a playoff team getting a full season out of Gay next year. Also, hopefully Bargnani will be gone and that will open up time for younger players. Val and Ross should get more playing time and take things to the next level in their game and you got to think there will be a couple new players brought in through trade or signing.

The Hawks should lose their spot next year without Smith, so that opens up a spot for a new team to step in and that most certainly can be the Raps.
We all said the Hawks would drop out this season because they lost Joe Johnson. The Hawks will still have Horford and Teague, plus whoever they sign/trade for in FA. Horford is their best player anyways.

I think Boston might decide to rebuild this summer, but the Cavs are coming. They already have a superstar in the making with Kyrie, and they'll add another high pick to go along with Waiters/TT/Varejao.

bucks might miss it if Ellis leaves as well.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:38 PM
Spezza19
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
We all said the Hawks would drop out this season because they lost Joe Johnson. The Hawks will still have Horford and Teague, plus whoever they sign/trade for in FA. Horford is their best player anyways.

I think Boston might decide to rebuild this summer, but the Cavs are coming. They already have a superstar in the making with Kyrie, and they'll add another high pick to go along with Waiters/TT/Varejao.

Is Ellis an FA?

Old
03-04-2013, 01:39 AM
MrLegend28

Quote:

people thought Atl would slip cause they lost overrated Joe Johnson?

Old
03-04-2013, 01:47 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
Is Ellis an FA?
He has said he will opt out of the last year of his contract, so yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLegend28 View Post
people thought Atl would slip cause they lost overrated Joe Johnson?
Yup. I didn't agree, but a lot of people thought Atlanta would fall out of the playoffs and finish 9th or 10th.

Old
03-04-2013, 07:22 AM
thatshype

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
There's no guarantee of that. They have a PG in Lowry but pretty much run isos for DeRozan and Gay. They get very little production from the post, Bargnani stinks, Gray stinks, Val is just learning the game and Amir is a nice energy guy who can get some buckets. Unless the amnesty Bargs they are close to being capped out. There are no locks to make the playoffs especially for a current 10 seed. 76ers made it last year and won a round and they aren't making it this year. Pistons are the same as the Raptors except they have 30 mil in cap room this offseason.
Yea, despite being terribad this season, I think the Pistons are in better shape moving forward than the Raps. Their cap situation is enviable, and they are a market that has more draw than Toronto (obviously it's not LA or NYC or Chicago, but it's still probably more attractive than switching countries). They have an elite player in Monroe, a very promising rookie in Drummond, a decent prospect in Brandon Knight, and Rodney Stuckey (who probably serves them well as a trade piece). PLUS they have a top-10 draft pick coming up, which they might be able to turn into Bennett or Muhammed to fill their SF hole. All in all, they are in decent shape moving forward.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:47 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

From the "who cares" department, Acy was sent to the d-league today so that he could get some playing time.

Meanwhile, The Score's ticker says that Rudy should play tonight, but Bargnani is a game-time decision with what's just listed as "illness"

Seems like it might be a sever case of Suckitis.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Kulemon

Lol Quincy Acy sent to the D League. I hate being a Raptors fan. Now is the time to develop our prospects. Wtf is this franchise doing? Acy has been solid every time he has stepped foot on the court, he provides energy and works hard every day. Now that we're out of it we reward him by sending him to the D-League? I mean this would be understandable awhile ago but now we are completely out of it. What the hell is going on? I doubt Ross and JV will get any more minutes too.

Such is life as a Raptors and Leafs fan. ^ That look is now my everyday face it seems like.

We should send Casey to the D League ffs

Last edited by Kulemon: 03-04-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old
03-04-2013, 02:50 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Lol Quincy Acy sent to the D League. I hate being a Raptors fan. Now is the time to develop our prospects now that we're out of it. Wtf is this franchise doing? Acy has been solid every time he has stepped foot on the court, he provides energy and works hard every day. Now that we're out of it we reward him by sending him to the D-League? I mean this would be understandable awhile ago but now we are completely out of it. What the hell is going on? I doubt Ross and JV will get any more minutes too.
at least the D-League coach will probably play him.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Eyedea
Breakout Player

vCash: 350
They should send Ross down.

Old
03-04-2013, 02:55 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
They should send Ross down.
I think there are restrictions on sending down 1st rounders. It's not quite as easy as with 2nd rounders like Acy

Closed Thread