HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 19: Kings vs. Canucks - 3/2/13 - Inevitable Defeat...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2013, 11:55 PM
  #26
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,244
vCash: 500
We have been outscored 17-10 in the first period this year, we gotta come out of the gate better

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:56 PM
  #27
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
We have been outscored 17-10 in the first period this year, we gotta come out of the gate better
Teams are hyped up to play the Champs.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:57 PM
  #28
Taco Fingerhat
Registered User
 
Taco Fingerhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,802
vCash: 4420
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfansince1967 View Post
Not a bad loss. We outshot and outplayed the Canucks but did not outscore! Quick was not on his game.

One thing is sure now: this should end any speculation about trading Jonathan Bernier!

Go Kings Go!
Is the consensus that you guys want to hold onto Bernier and Quick?

Taco Fingerhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:58 PM
  #29
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Fingerhat View Post
Is the consensus that you guys want to hold onto Bernier and Quick?
Lombardi does, Quick is most likely not 100%

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:58 PM
  #30
RonSwanson*
Gadfly
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Food 'N Stuff
Country: United States
Posts: 8,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Fingerhat View Post
Is the consensus that you guys want to hold onto Bernier and Quick?
What's the offer?

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:58 PM
  #31
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Teams are hyped up to play the Champs.
No excuse. This isnt the first 5 games in or our first meeting this season.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:59 PM
  #32
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
No excuse. This isnt the first 5 games in or our first meeting this season.
That doesn't stop teams from upping their game....

Sometimes you are not going to meet a teams energy level....Period.

The Kings have proved that consistently this season.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:59 PM
  #33
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,307
vCash: 50
Quick should have stopped goal #2, but the rest were from some garbage defending that is not a hallmark of this team. It is not likely to happen very often.

First goal the fourth line just got abused by a line that was superior at handling the puck. They should not be out there against the Sedin line ever.

Second goal was a decent shot Quick should stop.

Third was all on the defense. A 2 on 1 with the Sedins on the ice is more often than not going to end in a goal. The scary thing was that before this goal up until the end of that period the Canucks were close to getting multiple breakaways and had too many rush opportunities.

Fourth is again, something that can't happen. Hansen cannot be allowed to fight one man off the wall and score with three people around him and none making their stick active. He beat every single person on the ice, 1 on 4.


The Kings went into this game with britches that were too big and thought they were going to run over the Canucks. They played like they thought they were levels above the Canucks, gave no respect to their top line and decided they were going to play super aggressive hockey. This is a reality check. While the Canucks are a one line team, if you don't play a focused game, that one line team can win.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:00 AM
  #34
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Teams are hyped up to play the Champs.
That's part of it, the other is that we look like we are skating in quicksand in the 1st

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:01 AM
  #35
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Quick should have stopped goal #2, but the rest were from some garbage defending that is not a hallmark of this team. It is not likely to happen very often.

First goal the fourth line just got abused by a line that was superior at handling the puck. They should not be out there against the Sedin line ever.

Second goal was a decent shot Quick should stop.

Third was all on the defense. A 2 on 1 with the Sedins on the ice is more often than not going to end in a goal. The scary thing was that before this goal up until the end of that period the Canucks were close to getting multiple breakaways and had too many rush opportunities.

Fourth is again, something that can't happen. Hansen cannot be allowed to fight one man off the wall and score with three people around him and none making their stick active. He beat every single person on the ice, 1 on 4.
Good analysis,

Sutter has more work to do with the young Defense.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:01 AM
  #36
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
That doesn't stop teams from upping their game....

Sometimes you are not going to meet a teams energy level....Period.

The Kings have proved that consistently this season.
dont buy it, i think its cause we have the least games played which is why we're not amped.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:03 AM
  #37
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,949
vCash: 500
We have the best 4th line player (not just winger) in the league in Nolan.

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:05 AM
  #38
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
That's part of it, the other is that we look like we are skating in quicksand in the 1st
Well when the other team puts on pressure like the Nucks did 1st period...The Forwards have to come way deep to help out(Young defense)....

That is going to make the team look really slow.

Slava had about four turnovers tonight in his own end....The Nucks were targeting him and Muzzin.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:05 AM
  #39
kingsboy11
Thank You Landon
 
kingsboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
This game was...well.... yeah. We all know what happened. Move on to the next one. Hopefully JB gets the start on Monday.

kingsboy11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:06 AM
  #40
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
And just like that, we're out of the playoff picture. Looks like the Guppies will get a W.
Well I guess they are lucky it's not a 19 game season.

__________________
"I have been complimented many times and they always embarrass me; I always feel that they have not said enough." - Mark Twain.
William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:07 AM
  #41
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,251
vCash: 500
A-Mart should be a little boost. Get one of the younger guys out of the lineup.

Get a little more savy defender back there.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:10 AM
  #42
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Well I guess they are lucky it's not a 19 game season.

This is the second time tonight you quoted me and responded with a smartass comment. Let me take out some anger in the heat of the moment, will ya?

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:11 AM
  #43
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Well, that sucked. Forget about it and move on to the next one.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:17 AM
  #44
William H Bonney
Registered User
 
William H Bonney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sierra Nevada
Country: United States
Posts: 19,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
This is the second time tonight you quoted me and responded with a smartass comment. Let me take out some anger in the heat of the moment, will ya?
It's fine to vent. And it's fine for others to point out if that venting is mostly irrelevant.

William H Bonney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:19 AM
  #45
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
It's fine to vent. And it's fine for others to point out if that venting is mostly irrelevant.
Exactly! You're gonna whine and vent. Be ready to be ***** slapped.

I'm loving you tonight WHB.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:06 AM
  #46
Omni Owl
Registered User
 
Omni Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,180
vCash: 500
Quick should've had a few of those, but its not like there was much help in front of him anyways. Canucks looked much hungrier and more fluent. We're all waiting for Doughty to turn it on, but it just never seems to come. The amount we could get for him keeps crossing my mind, like acquiring a fine young D-man and good forward from a struggling Rangers team. Or Shattenkirk, I really want to get friggin Shattenkirk. Taint gonna happen though...

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:08 AM
  #47
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,307
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
Quick should've had a few of those, but its not like there was much help in front of him anyways. Canucks looked much hungrier and more fluent. We're all waiting for Doughty to turn it on, but it just never seems to come. The amount we could get for him keeps crossing my mind, like acquiring a fine young D-man and good forward from a struggling Rangers team. Or Shattenkirk, I really want to get friggin Shattenkirk. Taint gonna happen though...
We would get absolutely robbed. Look what Calgary got for Phaneuf. I would call that jack. Trading down is never good. You always wanna trade up. Like the Carter trade.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:09 AM
  #48
Dooney
Love me some Carter!
 
Dooney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sunny So Cal.
Country: United States
Posts: 9,993
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Lombardi does, Quick is most likely not 100%
Not 100% is more accurate.

Dooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:24 AM
  #49
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!
 
Scrivezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RSM, CA
Posts: 2,223
vCash: 500
They were too aggressive in the 2nd and got burned pretty bad. Nucks deserved the W. Hate them, but I'll give them credit.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:24 AM
  #50
Omni Owl
Registered User
 
Omni Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
We would get absolutely robbed. Look what Calgary got for Phaneuf. I would call that jack. Trading down is never good. You always wanna trade up. Like the Carter trade.
I think the book was already out that Phaneuf was a shell of his former self at that point, thus the weak return. If Doughty keeps playing like this, then yeah it'll continue to hurt his value. But I think he's still mostly renown. We got a nice return for Johnson (even with the pick) thanks to an incompetent GM in Columbus.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.