HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "no one wants to make a PGT" edition

Old
03-03-2013, 12:52 AM
gillings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckieG View Post
I just think it would have been a bold move from MT, we could all see no way Price was going to win this one.

I just don't get the hysteria from most people. We're 7-0-3 in our last 10 GAMES, thats 17 points out of a possible 20 and we haven't played terribly in any one of those games, except maybe tonight from a defensive P.O.V. Sometimes I wish we would trade away players like Price and Gally just so some fans could realize what we actually have.

And what do we actually have?

I was all for trading price when we had halak. Because we all know GOALIES CANT SCORE GOALS...

And the return for price would have been a+++++, instead we got an all around player.. like halak.. halak was good all around, price is high and low.

gillings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:01 AM
ChuckieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post

I was all for trading price when we had halak. Because we all know GOALIES CANT SCORE GOALS...

And the return for price would have been a+++++, instead we got an all around player.. like halak.. halak was good all around, price is high and low.
I just don't even know what to reply to this.

We should've traded Price because the return would've been higher? Why don't the Penguins trade Crosby instead of Staal because that return would be incredible?! Or why didn't we trade Galchenyuk instead of Cole, I'm sure we could've gotten more in return that way!

It's fans like you that are the worst because you secretly pray for Price to fail so that you can come out on these board or on radio shows and triumphantly proclaim that we should've kept Halak. The truth is, most GM's in the NHL would've kept Price and would take him as their #1 goalie any day of the week. The fact that people still doubt his abilities at the slightest obstacle is mind-boggling. I've come to realize through the years fans like you cannot be spoken to. I just know that Price will one day bring a team all the way, I just hope he'll still be a Hab, because fans like you are usually most vocal and are the best at unfairly representing what seems to be a majority fan base but in reality is only a small, naive minority.

ChuckieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:03 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 266
Haha, are people still having the Halak vs Price argument.

Oh dear lord.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:27 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Conclusion
- no bad goals
- he had a semblance of a chance on only two of the seven
- completely deflating
- ridiculous to say Price had a bad game
- Pens had a ton of great scoring chances
- Habs were only in it due to Vokoun

And that's all for me tonight.
Ah yep, Price can do no wrong. Thank you for the

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:28 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
It may be time to split up Markov and Emelin.
First things first, reunite Subban and Gorges and give them the hardest minutes. Emelin is completely out of his element in a top 2 role.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:40 AM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

This loss moved the Habs from 1st to 4th....not a big deal, but it was nice while it lasted.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Habs

Never fails when CBC puts Price on a pedestal in the pregame.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:02 AM
BobbyFischer*

Price was soooooooo bad tonight and was the reason we lost, but...

At least we lost in OT, so we get a point and it's an OTloss. =]

BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:03 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I hate how the Habs don't hit that much this season. I've come to think it must have to do with the new style MT has them play. I keep seeing instances where guys in the years before would have hit players in the same situations but are not doing it now. It's like they prefer to just neutralise the players by just getting close to them and sometime there's a rare small hit along the boards but nothing more. I guess they prefer players don't do it so they are not taken out of the play but I think a good open ice hit like Emelin and PK used to do the years before would go a long way to have teams not enter our zone so easily like it happened tonight against the Pens. More importantly I think a hard hitting team not only create enthousiasm in the crowd but gives a positive aggressive energy all throughout the team.

If if it's a case or not only the new style MT has them play but also by not doing that, they're not looking for trouble and some of the players on this team would rather not attract much attention. When PK(or Komisarek) would do this, the other teams would get mad and wanted to retaliate.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:04 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Did anyone notice Galchenyuk bodychecking? I didn't. Is he under orders not to try?
But he's.. russian. =[

Old
03-03-2013, 03:45 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
This loss moved the Habs from 1st to 4th....not a big deal, but it was nice while it lasted.
unless something really unexpected happens, bawston will get first place in the division. which means 4th place at best for us. not a big deal

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:48 AM
habtastic

Didn't wanna come on here after the game cuz although it left a bitter taste in my mouth, I was not that perturbed.

Was telling myself not to come on cuz I'd see negative comments that would make me feel worse about coming off the bad side of an awesomely entertaining game where we came back and had tons going for us.

I could not have known that the majority of people are bat **** crazy and blaming this on Price!!!!!!
Holy crap! Which bad bounce/screen was his fault??? He was hung out to dry so badly - I would be irate if I were him. And he STILL made solid positional saves. I must be high or something, cuz this cannot be real.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:56 AM
BobbyFischer*

Quote:

Honestly... emotions aside... what you say is quite valid.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:03 AM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:

lol yeah, Halak's career has been the model of consistency.

dynastyREredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:26 AM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

Lost a game, in overtime. Haven't lost a game in regulation in the last 10. These bad defensive games happen, and its not often that a team allows seven goals and still comes out with a point, so you know things are still going pretty good. Price will bounce back. The team will bounce back. Life will go on.

BigNumber1Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:57 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

What's interesting to me is that both teams have a similar program/system and instead of negating each other they enabled each other.

This kind it wide open hockey won't work in the playoffs, I hope Michel Therrien has a plan b.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:59 AM
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD

Quote:

What in the...what?

Halak likely fetched a higher return than Price would have. Price was seen as POTENTIAL #1 G with a ceiling of a franchise level G. Halak was seen as a playoff beast. Sure, Price's ceiling was(and still is) much higher, but Halak was the guy that carried a pisspoor habs team to the ECF. He was en vogue.

As for now? Price is a consistent and clear #1 G. The same can't really be said for Halak. Sure, he's good and some nights he's great. He's still pretty much splitting that goalie position with Jake Allen. He's a #1a. Who in this organization could possibly be his #1b? Or what free agent G could we have acquired? Pretty clear drop in talent there.

MoobMoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:07 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
This is probably the worst thing to happen a night before going to Boston.
Probably best thing..... team gonna be mad... come out motivated. If we win and can take 3 of 4 points... giant step.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:22 AM
Saundies

Sometimes I wish that we, as a collective fan base, could just rationally step back and look at this game and be thankful we still got a point to keep our streak going. But I've learned long ago that it comes with the territory of being a Habs fan to question all of your best players abilities when they lose (even in OT) and praise them like gods when they win.

Sometimes it's stupid and it sucks, but I've accepted it.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:31 AM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
Sometimes I wish that we, as a collective fan base, could just rationally step back and look at this game and be thankful we still got a point to keep our streak going. But I've learned long ago that it comes with the territory of being a Habs fan to question all of your best players abilities when they lose (even in OT) and praise them like gods when they win.

Sometimes it's stupid and it sucks, but I've accepted it.
Only a select few, the fan base is the largest in the world, we're gonna have a few that are off their rocker.

We played terrible and got a point. I'm happy with that. As hard as I am on price at times, he wasn't the only player to **** the bed last night. It was a stinker all around.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:35 AM
Rickkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Haha, are people still having the Halak vs Price argument.
There's no argument. We'll never win a cup with ole 7 goal Carey....

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:43 AM
HeShootsHeScores

Couldn't watch the game last night but what I can tell is having a step back to look at it, I see that our team can match any other team, and can score many goals. We had 1 point, which is great.

If it was a one time only defensive fluke game, it just shows that we still are the real deal.

Playoffs are gonna be exciting this year, and not because we will be dominating. Every game will be an epic battle and we'll always have a chance, from game 1 to game 28 if it has to.

HeShootsHeScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:44 AM
Perrah

Ahhhhh you know all the regulars are out of the wood work when Rickkins comes out to play.

Perrah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Perrah

Quote:
Goal 1, He over played the pass, but your right, it is very difficult to anticipate those types of things. Im a goalie and I know.. But he moved way to fast on the pass.

Goal 2, That was all crosby but kunitz also saw what crosby saw which was shoot it at price.. I love crosbys vision.

Goal 3, It pretty much went post and in, on a screen.. Not a bad goal. Same with 4.

Goal 5, LOL, Nice snipe but bad vision by price. Good goal

Goal 6, Things happen fast in hockey, As a goaltender, price should have pushed out to the top of crease instead of napping on the post hoping the shot would hit his glove. Yet again im a goalie and those shots are very hard to pick up.

Goal 7, Price is big and took up alot of room but the shooter found a hole, and when price is low in confidence he relies to much on just hoping the puck hits him instead of tracking it and catching it/deflecting/gobbling. I am a goalie and I have been called carey price numerous times in the way both of us play goalie..

Cheers to your post.
This is similar to my view. Price has to shoulder the blame for the result of this game but it isnt as much as some people here would lead you to believe. As long as he keeps trusting his defense even after bad games like this because overall it will be a better result the whole year. Not that often that gorges will whiff on a block attempt and be nothing but a screen.

Perrah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Rickkins

Your team scores six goals, and they don't win...???

That's on the goalie, 10 times outta 10.

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote