HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton @ Rochester : Dec. 19/03

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2003, 11:07 AM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Hamilton @ Rochester : Dec. 19/03

Date :12/19/03

Time :7:35PM

Who : Hamilton Bulldogs @ Rochester Americans (Buffalo)

Listen Live : Listen to the Game @ This Link

Dogs Statistics

Scoring Leader: Benoit Gratton (14)
Points Leader: Benoit Gratton (32)
+/- Leader: Francois Beauchemin (+10)
PIM Leader: Alex Svitov (52 min.)

Recent Additions:
-Ron Hainsey
-Jason Ward
-Marcel Hossa
-Alex Svitov
-Donald Audette? :p

Notes:

- The 'Dogs, as we all by now know, will be without captain Benoit Gratton, who was recalled by the parent club.
- Jason Ward will play his second, and most likely last, game in his conditioning stint.
- This is the first game of a home and home between the two clubs. They meet again in Rochester on Sunday for a 6:05 start.

Old
12-19-2003, 03:10 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

2-0 Dogs. Damphousse in nets. Milroy out.

Plekanec 11 (Higgins Balej)
Perezhogin 3 (Olvestad, Somv)

3-0 Traverse (Ward, Higgins)

Old
12-19-2003, 03:13 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
2-0 Dogs. Damphousse in nets. Milroy out.

Plekanec 11 (Higgins Balej)
Perezhogin 3 (Olvestad, Somv)

3-0 Traverse (Ward, Higgins)
Ward, Higgins, Pleks, Balej, Perez getting some points.

Old
12-19-2003, 03:15 PM
FTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument
Ward, Higgins, Pleks, Balej, Perez getting some points.
And Traverse

Old
12-19-2003, 08:17 PM
goalchenyuk

5- 0 final

Tomas Plekanec, Alexander Perezhogin, Patrick Traverse, Karl Dykhuis and Gordie Dwyer have scored for the Bull dogs

Jason Ward 2 assists

Old
12-19-2003, 08:27 PM
BigM1ke

How is Perez doin' so far this season??

Old
12-19-2003, 08:32 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big M1ke
How is Perez doin' so far this season??
Not that well statistically speaking. Still struggling to adapt his game to NA. However, from what I saw and heard, he looks like he's on the verge of exploding and breaking out (at least at the AHL level). To me it's pretty sure he won't see NHL time this year, but he's progressing and looking better than at the start of the year, which is good news.

Old
12-19-2003, 08:58 PM
BigM1ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Not that well statistically speaking. Still struggling to adapt his game to NA. However, from what I saw and heard, he looks like he's on the verge of exploding and breaking out (at least at the AHL level). To me it's pretty sure he won't see NHL time this year, but he's progressing and looking better than at the start of the year, which is good news.
Thx alot!! I don't worry about Perez.. We must always be patient with that kind of player... Especially if they have never played in this continent!!

Who's having a great year down there? I heard Higgins and Balej are playing well too... Is it true?

Old
12-20-2003, 04:03 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Perezhogin = lack of strengh and confidence

He is better than Balej was at the same date last year!

And Balej played his junior in the OHL

Old
12-20-2003, 04:20 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Perezhogin = lack of strengh and confidence

He is better than Balej was at the same date last year!
Balej was lacking playing time...

I'm confident Perezhogin will make it but he as a lot of work to do , let's hope he work hard and hopefully he'll score with consistency . Perezhogin has the chance to play with skilled centers and he's on one the best offensive team in the league so one day or another he'll make splash .

Old
12-20-2003, 04:23 AM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2
And Balej played his junior in the OHL
And played in the USHL before being drafted in the OHL... what's the point anyways ? The fact that he played in a north American League don't mean he'll be effective at his 1st year as a pro . Hossa also played in the OHL and he needed some time in the farm too .

Old
12-20-2003, 04:27 AM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
What about Pleks? At what stage of his developpement is he? What's his top-end potentiel (A question everybody loves to ask...)?

Old
12-20-2003, 10:47 AM
habsfansam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
And played in the USHL before being drafted in the OHL... what's the point anyways ? The fact that he played in a north American League don't mean he'll be effective at his 1st year as a pro . Hossa also played in the OHL and he needed some time in the farm too .
OHL?? Hossa and Balej both played for the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL.

As for the discussion on Perezhogin, he'll be fine so long as people take it easy with him. Lots of skill and still very young... he'll be a top6 guy for sure in a few years.

Fantastic pick with Balej in that draft eh?? Very well done.

What do you guys think about Svitov... would we send Hossa for him, or is that being too hasty with a guy like Hossa. I hope Jarvis puts him back at Center so that he can play his game.

Old
12-20-2003, 11:51 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Outside of Gratton, I think Balej has been the top Bulldog, with Beauchemin and Plekanec not far behind. Gratton has been producing well in all situations. Balej I like more and more. He along with Pleks have shown some fire and emotion this year, which I didn't see from them last year. Both have a lot of skills and I look forward to seeing them get a chance with the Habs at some point.

Higgins has been good most of the time. It's easy to forget that he's a 1st year pro, as he looks very calm and mature out there, he's not making many of the mistakes you expect from a rookie, and he's been one of the main producers on offense. He's shown a really great adaptation to the AHL, IMO. He seems to be one of the physically stronger forward prospects which is great to see, since he's only 20.

Beauchemin I thought got off to a rough start, he didn't seem to be as physical or as good in his own end with his decision making. But he's turned it around so far, and has been generating a lot of offense as well. I really hope the Habs give him a chance, and not just a game or two.

Guys like Perezhogin, Ferland, Milroy and Archer I think will have much bigger roles next year, but all have shown flashes of high skill levels. Perezhogin from what I've heard still can't speak much English, so that's got to make it very difficult. I thought he played well in the games I was at, but he scored a high light reel goal, so that tends to lead me to think highly of him. Ferland I also have liked, as he shows good work along the boards, and he drives to the net. I'd like to see him get a little bigger and stronger, but we'll see how he does next year in an improved role with the Dogs hopefully.

Old
12-20-2003, 05:05 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfansam
OHL?? Hossa and Balej both played for the Portland Winterhawks in the WHL.

As for the discussion on Perezhogin, he'll be fine so long as people take it easy with him. Lots of skill and still very young... he'll be a top6 guy for sure in a few years.

Fantastic pick with Balej in that draft eh?? Very well done.

What do you guys think about Svitov... would we send Hossa for him, or is that being too hasty with a guy like Hossa. I hope Jarvis puts him back at Center so that he can play his game.
Sorry i always inerse these 2 leagues , as for Svitov Lighting coach said '' he can **** himself in the minor as long as he wants'' ( heard it on TV the other night they havent said ''**** himself'' but they let us know it was the kind of comment he made .

Closed Thread