HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 06:48 AM
SarniaSting101

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=dansk55;60528483]interesting question. it would depend on the health of jp. If he is good to go, you gotta play Dawe. Barrick works out but i don't see how you can put him in after the way Dawe played.

No offense to Dawe as he came in and did the job, but it isn't like he stole any wins. Although Barrick didn't play many games prior to his injury due to JP's great start to the season and the fact he was 100% then, he definitely won them a game in Brampton and in Saginaw early on if I recall. Dawe is sitting with almost 4.5 goals a game and a 8.74 save %. We have to remember that he is only there due to Barrick's injury. It's not a competition as to who is better or who will stay, it is simply Dawe coming in while their back-up was injured. No different than if they brought up a player to cover an injury. My guess is as soon as Barrick is declared healthy it is his spot to have back. Let's hope JP is healthy the rest of the way as we need him if we have any shot of winning any play-off games!

Old
02-27-2013, 10:10 AM
BoxerMax

[QUOTE=SarniaSting101;60571309]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
interesting question. it would depend on the health of jp. If he is good to go, you gotta play Dawe. Barrick works out but i don't see how you can put him in after the way Dawe played.

No offense to Dawe as he came in and did the job, but it isn't like he stole any wins. Although Barrick didn't play many games prior to his injury due to JP's great start to the season and the fact he was 100% then, he definitely won them a game in Brampton and in Saginaw early on if I recall. Dawe is sitting with almost 4.5 goals a game and a 8.74 save %. We have to remember that he is only there due to Barrick's injury. It's not a competition as to who is better or who will stay, it is simply Dawe coming in while their back-up was injured. No different than if they brought up a player to cover an injury. My guess is as soon as Barrick is declared healthy it is his spot to have back. Let's hope JP is healthy the rest of the way as we need him if we have any shot of winning any play-off games!
Completely agree, Once Barrick is back, he will be backup. I wouldn't be surprised if Dawe is sent back down.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:05 PM
EasternOntario Fan

Quote:

As for Monday. It was horrible, but Plymouth took shots, and how many deflections were there? Or off the goalie's back. I've never seen that many bad bouces against us in one period. Plymouth had more shots in one game than we took in 2. You gotta put the puck on the net and hopefully something happens.
I could not believe how big Soo is. Wow. We were outmanned, soft and afraid of being hit.
I am not sure it always has to do with effort. I am not sure the talent is there. After two third of the first line, we have no talent per se. With how many forwards we cannot find a third on the top line. Our top 3 in the draft haven't got 20 points between them...Renaud, Hargrave, and Addessi. Hope summer brings something more positive in their play or the vision is filled with holes.
I think it was obvious that their vision at the draft was to get bigger, and they did do that----but at what cost. Having some knowledge of the 96 group, I don't think Hargrave was that bad of a pick, but I certainly question where the other two went. I certainly feel that there were better players available, but maybe others on this board with more knowledge can tell me if I am way off. My feeling is that they loved the size, but gambled because one had missed most of the year,and I think they took the other as a work in progress. Remember, they are still only sixteen and will probably improve, but based on production, the Sting have to be towards the bottom of the league with the performance of their rookies.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:04 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternOntario Fan View Post
I think it was obvious that their vision at the draft was to get bigger, and they did do that----but at what cost. Having some knowledge of the 96 group, I don't think Hargrave was that bad of a pick, but I certainly question where the other two went. I certainly feel that there were better players available, but maybe others on this board with more knowledge can tell me if I am way off. My feeling is that they loved the size, but gambled because one had missed most of the year,and I think they took the other as a work in progress. Remember, they are still only sixteen and will probably improve, but based on production, the Sting have to be towards the bottom of the league with the performance of their rookies.
Agreed, Hargrave is starting to develop...still shy and needs to be more of a power forward that the "vision" intended. As for AR and JA, they have a long long way to go. If Hargrave is knocking at the door, AR and JA are still around the corner.
There will always be players who look good against their equal age level but fail to make the jump to the step midget to jr....jr. to pro.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:17 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternOntario Fan View Post
Renaud = Lucic

Old
02-28-2013, 11:43 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
Agreed, Hargrave is starting to develop...still shy and needs to be more of a power forward that the "vision" intended. As for AR and JA, they have a long long way to go. If Hargrave is knocking at the door, AR and JA are still around the corner.
There will always be players who look good against their equal age level but fail to make the jump to the step midget to jr....jr. to pro.
Hergrave is certainly showing some potential to be an impact player and I think that comes from experience and opportunity (both with the Sting and the U17 squad).

Unlike Hargrave, Renaud does not see much ice time and most of that is sheltered. To be honest, I watched Renaud several times in his draft season and then caught most of the preseason action and I see a LOT of potential in him. At this point in time, I think it's a matter of confidence with Renaud. Once he starts gaining confidence and earning more opportunities I bet we will see him start to emerge.

Addesi is what he is - an energy type of player suited best for the bottom six. He remains a bit too slow footed (which often results in lazy penalties) to create offense but I do like his work ethic and energy.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Baldy

Has there been any word on Basso? Last thing I heard was during Saturdays Plymouth game when CHOK said he went off hurt with his shoulder hanging and that usually indicated a separated shoulder. I hope they were wrong.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:30 PM
PdashOw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Has there been any word on Basso? Last thing I heard was during Saturdays Plymouth game when CHOK said he went off hurt with his shoulder hanging and that usually indicated a separated shoulder. I hope they were wrong.
Talked to Jacques today and he said Basso was fine. Was at practice today.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:12 PM
krauss72

X Sting B Alderson, now with SSM, signed an ELC with the Flyers today. To bad we aren't smart enough to keep some of these lads around and be patient with there development or improve are culture so they want to stay. All I know is Alderson and Char sure would be helpful this year and Hope would be nice to have around for the next couple years. Fortunately for them they all seemed to excel in a new environment. for Alderson.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:28 PM
krauss72

Awesome job Sarault! New OHL point leader. To bad for Cousins. Charlie and Boucher are worth the price of admission. It's nice to see them maintaining there A game with Gally gone.

Old
03-01-2013, 10:53 PM
aresknights

Quote:
Originally Posted by krauss72 View Post
Awesome job Sarault! New OHL point leader. To bad for Cousins. Charlie and Boucher are worth the price of admission. It's nice to see them maintaining there A game with Gally gone.
Go sarault go! Any1 but cousins lol

Old
03-02-2013, 07:32 AM
massey

Congrats to Charlie.Nice performance with Boucher and Moore.Moore and Charlie both got robbed. JP played outstanding again tonight.JP must be getting tired of the knucklehead plays that DeAngelo is doing on D.He got a delayed Penality and instead of going hard on the puck,he stood there like a Pilon only to watch London score.BENCH HIM UNTIL HE GETS IT.That was a classic NO DEFENCE in the final 3:30 of the game.Forwards and D getting caught in London's end turning the puck over to London for those great chances.I guess 2 goals up was not enough.Typical London win,out smart and out work them until they give you those gifts.Nice to read Sarault recognized the defensive blunders but not JOCKO.Still cant believe Sarnia's final 5 min.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Shaun Bisson

Boucher could knock Stammer out of the record books tonight. Just tied him in Saginaw.

Edit: Boucher takes over sole control of the Sting goal record. #59

Edit: Boucher being credited with the 8th sting goal as well. Hattrick and 60 on the year.

Last edited by Shaun Bisson: 03-02-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old
03-02-2013, 08:20 PM
massey

Congrats Reid Boucher surpassing Stamkos Sting record.Hat trick so far tonight sitting @ 60 goals.Charlie doing what he does best.A pair of underrated players for sure.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:20 AM
boris4c

It would appear the Anaheim Ducks have signed Charles Sarault, as per his own words on Facebook. Congrats!

Old
03-03-2013, 05:00 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by boris4c View Post
It would appear the Anaheim Ducks have signed Charles Sarault, as per his own words on Facebook. Congrats!
What do you guys think of him?

Old
03-03-2013, 07:58 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
What do you guys think of him?
Most underrated player in the OHL.he works his butt off for the team.He can control the puck and game.You dont see many players that can control the game like he can.Very hockey and puck smart.great shot,logs a pile of ice time,Great setup man but can knock it home when needed.Sarault,Boucher and JP have carried the Sting since loosing Gali.He should be considered MVP for the OHL.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:49 PM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Most underrated player in the OHL.he works his butt off for the team.He can control the puck and game.You dont see many players that can control the game like he can.Very hockey and puck smart.great shot,logs a pile of ice time,Great setup man but can knock it home when needed.Sarault,Boucher and JP have carried the Sting since loosing Gali.He should be considered MVP for the OHL.
Perfectly said.
He epitomizes what it takes to succeed. Kids pay attention.

Old
03-05-2013, 02:58 PM
leafsfan1990

The Sting need to finish 6th or 8th, Plymouth is the worst possible 1st round matchup.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:09 AM
massey

What happened to Addesi 2 game suspension.It was posted on the OHL website and now taken down.The linesman screwed his fight up big time as he allowed the \Saginaw player to poke Addesi a few times as the linesman had a hold of Addesi only.Could it be the OHL admitted a screw up of officiating staff after reviewing the tape.It was also the cause of DeAngelo 3rd man in as he went to Addesi's rescue.

Old
03-08-2013, 02:32 PM
tommy89

Anyone else notice the OHL seems to have taken away Boucher's 60th and hat trick goal against Saginaw and awarded it to Moore instead. Looks like Boucher still has 1 to go to hit that milestone unless the OHL website is incorrect ,which wouldn't be unheard of

Old
03-08-2013, 03:09 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy89 View Post
Anyone else notice the OHL seems to have taken away Boucher's 60th and hat trick goal against Saginaw and awarded it to Moore instead. Looks like Boucher still has 1 to go to hit that milestone unless the OHL website is incorrect ,which wouldn't be unheard of
That is in fact correct. As of now he sits at 59.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:45 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
That is in fact correct. As of now he sits at 59.
Boucher went to the ref after the goal and said it wasnt his but Moores.The off ice officials changed it then changed it back.

Old
03-08-2013, 09:48 PM
massey

Congrats Knight slayers.Great comeback by the Sting.Both teams played an exc game.Wished the Sting was playing them first round.Would be very interesting.Sting has played well all year against them.

Old
03-09-2013, 07:49 AM
honey bee

That was one fun game last night, nothing like taking the wind out of London's sails. Great comeback, boys. Dale Hunter pulled his usual temper tamptrum during overtime to intimidate the referees and it worked. Even the Sportsnet team commented on it! But the boys fought it off and got the win. Great night, I could not come away feeling better!!!

Closed Thread