HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

12/13'|Around the league talk | Non-Leaf games |Part III|Perry Re-signs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2013, 10:36 PM
  #1
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto/Fredericton
Country: India
Posts: 74,087
vCash: 500
12/13'|Around the league talk | Non-Leaf games |Part III|Perry Re-signs

Continue here.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:04 PM
  #2
mcleex
Registered User
 
mcleex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 200
So did Cherry say anything about Kadri during the intermission or is he waiting next Saturday when the Leafs play

mcleex is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:07 PM
  #3
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto/Fredericton
Country: India
Posts: 74,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleex View Post
So did Cherry say anything about Kadri during the intermission or is he waiting next Saturday when the Leafs play
He did, it was freaking awesome. I did disagree with him regarding how his AHL time was a waste. I personally think it did wonders for him.


Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:31 PM
  #4
LeafOfBread
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,107
vCash: 500
I hate to say it guys, but I think it's only a matter of time before Philly surpasses the Leafs in the standings.

They've been playing great hockey lately now that they're healthy again and Scott Hartnell has been money for them since returning.

They have a playoff calibre roster and have made the post-season every year except 2007. I can't see them staying in 7th or 8th for too long.

Also, Semin and Tlusty have been magic together this year. Carolina's got a great pairing there.

LeafOfBread is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:35 PM
  #5
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto/Fredericton
Country: India
Posts: 74,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
I hate to say it guys, but I think it's only a matter of time before Philly surpasses the Leafs in the standings.

They've been playing great hockey lately now that they're healthy again and Scott Hartnell has been money for them since returning.

They have a playoff calibre roster and have made the post-season every year except 2007. I can't see them staying in 7th or 8th for too long.

Also, Semin and Tlusty have been magic together this year. Carolina's got a great pairing there.
Well we knew it was going to be a dog fight from the get go so I am not surprised. Also giroux has really elevated his game. We have to decide before the trade deadline where we are, will we or can we make that drive for the playoffs and be good enough or sell to get some pieces via this draft or prospects.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:39 PM
  #6
LeafOfBread
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Well we knew it was going to be a dog fight from the get go so I am not surprised. Also giroux has really elevated his game. We have to decide before the trade deadline where we are, will we or can we make that drive for the playoffs and be good enough or sell to get some pieces via this draft or prospects.
I am sure Nonis will figure something out with the D, we have a major surplus and some sort of trade needs to be made

LeafOfBread is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:44 PM
  #7
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto/Fredericton
Country: India
Posts: 74,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
I am sure Nonis will figure something out with the D, we have a major surplus and some sort of trade needs to be made
Im personally still inching towards selling pieces to get more prospect and picks. I don't think we have enough in this tank. Not yet. Connolly moving would be a great deal if possible along with a guy like mac and obviously liles since he doesn't suit Carlyle's game.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:06 AM
  #8
p.l.f.
use the force
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 47,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
I hate to say it guys, but I think it's only a matter of time before Philly surpasses the Leafs in the standings.

They've been playing great hockey lately now that they're healthy again and Scott Hartnell has been money for them since returning.

They have a playoff calibre roster and have made the post-season every year except 2007. I can't see them staying in 7th or 8th for too long.

Also, Semin and Tlusty have been magic together this year. Carolina's got a great pairing there.
carolina gets 3rd anyway

BOSTON
PITTSBURGH
CAROLINA

montreal
ottawa
toronto
new jersey
philadelphia
nyr

one of those 6 wont make it

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:37 AM
  #9
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto/Fredericton
Country: India
Posts: 74,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
carolina gets 3rd anyway

BOSTON
PITTSBURGH
CAROLINA

montreal
ottawa
toronto
new jersey
philadelphia
nyr

one of those 6 wont make it
Im not that high on carolina tbh. Unless ward plays outstanding.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:43 AM
  #10
p.l.f.
use the force
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 47,486
vCash: 500
regardless tampa or carolina
one gets 3rd the other gets 10th heh

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:56 AM
  #11
mcleex
Registered User
 
mcleex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
He did, it was freaking awesome. I did disagree with him regarding how his AHL time was a waste. I personally think it did wonders for him.

HAHAHA thanks for posting that man, that was great

Don't quit just like NAZRI

honourable mention: Lolongo

Cherry is awesome

mcleex is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 04:33 AM
  #12
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Seattle/Europe
Posts: 6,257
vCash: 500
Anybody thinks Detroit will beat the Hawks in regulation tonight? Should be a good game!

legendinblue is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 04:34 AM
  #13
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Seattle/Europe
Posts: 6,257
vCash: 500


Long live Don

legendinblue is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 05:49 AM
  #14
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto/Fredericton
Country: India
Posts: 74,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
regardless tampa or carolina
one gets 3rd the other gets 10th heh
I think it'll either be, Carolina, Senators or Us that'll get kicked out. The other teams have too much flame/depth in them to be stuck there. I definitely don't expect habs to stay at their current position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleex View Post
HAHAHA thanks for posting that man, that was great

Don't quit just like NAZRI

honourable mention: Lolongo

Cherry is awesome
No problem an yea he was awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post


Long live Don
Indeed, he says the right stuff a lot of times and then he decides to go crazy lol.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:51 AM
  #15
legendinblue
NHL in Seattle
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Seattle/Europe
Posts: 6,257
vCash: 500
Damn, Boston's playing well. 30 points in 18 games. Peaking too early?

legendinblue is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 08:10 AM
  #16
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto/Fredericton
Country: India
Posts: 74,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendinblue View Post
Damn, Boston's playing well. 30 points in 18 games. Peaking too early?
LOL. What I am more surprised about is rask's play.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 08:21 AM
  #17
Brymas McCaberle
Registered User
 
Brymas McCaberle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 758
vCash: 500
Haha Nazri.

That reminds me of some loco on post game radio show calling him Nigel Cadbury.

Brymas McCaberle is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:54 PM
  #18
ULF_55
Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 64,935
vCash: 500
Detroit had Chicago and then played stupid hockey.

What a maroon Ericsson.

Lots of time and he throws it over the boards.

Wings need some defensemen.

__________________
The 197475 season saw another change to its playoff system to accommodate the league of 18 teams, twelve of which qualified for the playoffs. The top team from each division would earn a bye to the quarterfinal, while the second- and third-place teams from each division started their playoff run from a best-of-three preliminary round.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:57 PM
  #19
iArts
ಠ_ಠ
 
iArts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto,ON,Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,079
vCash: 500
Detroit just gave this game away. That was so stupid, I can't even put it into words.

iArts is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 02:06 PM
  #20
SpeakerForTheDead
Registered User
 
SpeakerForTheDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brampton/Chicago
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 500
Hawks keep the streak going. This is insane.

SpeakerForTheDead is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 02:06 PM
  #21
ULF_55
Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 64,935
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
Detroit just gave this game away. That was so stupid, I can't even put it into words.
If they had anything you wanted I think they'd be willing to move it for a good defenseman.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 02:11 PM
  #22
iArts
ಠ_ಠ
 
iArts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto,ON,Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
If they had anything you wanted I think they'd be willing to move it for a good defenseman.
I'll take Datsyuk

iArts is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 02:17 PM
  #23
BertCorbeau
Global Moderator
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,956
vCash: 500
Very nice goal by Perron

.. I'd have no issue with a Kulemin + for Perron

BertCorbeau is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 02:19 PM
  #24
SpeakerForTheDead
Registered User
 
SpeakerForTheDead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brampton/Chicago
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Very nice goal by Perron

.. I'd have no issue with a Kulemin + for Perron
I haven't seen him too often, how much better is he than Bozak?

SpeakerForTheDead is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 02:30 PM
  #25
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
 
LolungoReboundo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brampton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerForTheDead View Post
I haven't seen him too often, how much better is he than Bozak?
A lot better

LolungoReboundo is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.