HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Florida Panthers vs Carolina Hurricanes - 7PM GDT

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
We suck..

Old
03-02-2013, 09:13 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Somebody will pay him 5-5.5 in free agency still
Does Tallon even want to re-sign him at this point? At least he showed some emotion tonight of course it did nothing to help the team. This team needs a serious infusion of grit. They have no one to push back against the other team's pests. I think Guds is too worried about his shoulder to start something. Pretty sad when Huberdeau is the guy clearing the crease. They need better talent and better goaltending but some one on this team nees to nut up and push back against the crap they have been taking the last few games.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:18 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Seriously, I don't want to go to the playoffs this year. The next time we go to the playoffs, I want it to be with a team that has an actual chance of winning the SC. I don't want another one-round-and-you're-done scenario.
not a problem.

Last edited by adam graves: 03-02-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old
03-02-2013, 09:20 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
not a problem.
Et tu, Brute?

Old
03-02-2013, 09:20 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
I did not watch a second of this game.

When is Markstrom playing? Tomorrow night? Cool, I might watch.

its the reason to go, along with the kiddie line.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:25 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Et tu, Brute?
just about. I cant fight the math much longer. Im a fan, but a man of science.

Ill always believe had they used Markstrom from day 1 as hot as he was hitting the ground running we would have been competitive. I know we are far from perfect, but we deserved the best product. those 2 medicare goalies arent it. Ill get the " we had no D' or whatever; i get that ... but goalies are paid to stop goals, and you cant compete when your goalie gives up 3 in 9 like thursday and 3 in 3 today even if your freakn pittsburgh. just ask philly for the last 35 yrs.

Sorry for the rant. not my style.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Last time we had so many injuries, the B's creamed us 8-0. I feel really bad for tomorrow. At least the Alien will likely be starting in goal

Old
03-02-2013, 09:46 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:

Ill always believe had they used Markstrom from day 1 as hot as he was hitting the ground running we would have been competitive. I know we are far from perfect, but we deserved the best product. those 2 medicare goalies arent it. Ill get the " we had no D' or whatever; i get that ... but goalies are paid to stop goals, and you cant compete when your goalie gives up 3 in 9 like thursday and 3 in 3 today even if your freakn pittsburgh. just ask philly for the last 35 yrs.

No it's not, but understandable.

It's a tough season to be a fan... and a horrible one to be a STHer.

I've girded myself with pessimism because I just can't take walking into that arena and having my balloon popped time after time.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:

Not usually mine either, but I'm a Panthers' fan. I know the team we watched tonight. Looks just like the decade before. Small glimmers of greatness being overwhelmed by mediocrity and flat-out apathy.

I will still be a fan. It's just how I roll. But boy, they sure do make it hard.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:20 PM
Madhatter73

Quote:
Not usually mine either, but I'm a Panthers' fan. I know the team we watched tonight. Looks just like the decade before. Small glimmers of greatness being overwhelmed by mediocrity and flat-out apathy.

I will still be a fan. It's just how I roll. But boy, they sure do make it hard.
Thankfully, as opposed to years past where our cupboard was stripped to bring in the mediocre, we have a VERY promising future in our youth... If we remain patient...

This was never meant to be our year anyway... Just another step...

I think its blatantly obvious that Marky is next years starter... Plus add in a few more properly conditioned youngsters and well be moving up...

I am giving Tallon until 14-15 to see how his plan works out. We have the talent pool marinating that could make this one hell of a team for years...

Old
03-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Dr Beinfest

Quote:
Seriously, I don't want to go to the playoffs this year. The next time we go to the playoffs, I want it to be with a team that has an actual chance of winning the SC. I don't want another one-round-and-you're-done scenario.
Well for what it's worth, a decade of one-and-done sounds a lot nicer than a decade of playoff-less hockey!

With that being said, I'd rather this team make it's mind up about where it stands. Middle of the pack is the worst place to be. Either gather another top-5 pick or make the playoffs with serious contention.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:48 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
Well for what it's worth, a decade of one-and-done sounds a lot nicer than a decade of playoff-less hockey!

With that being said, I'd rather this team make it's mind up about where it stands. Middle of the pack is the worst place to be. Either gather another top-5 pick or make the playoffs with serious contention.
Agree 100%

Old
03-02-2013, 10:56 PM
KWGoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter73 View Post
Thankfully, as opposed to years past where our cupboard was stripped to bring in the mediocre, we have a VERY promising future in our youth... If we remain patient...

This was never meant to be our year anyway... Just another step...

I think its blatantly obvious that Marky is next years starter... Plus add in a few more properly conditioned youngsters and well be moving up...

I am giving Tallon until 14-15 to see how his plan works out. We have the talent pool marinating that could make this one hell of a team for years...
I agree with all that.....but our number one problem is ownership. For some unknown reason they don't think spending the money for a winner will put people in the stands, product in the market, and popularity on tv. All of which would yield a much higherreturn than currently possible. My big fear is another f-up by the owners by not giving Tallon and Dineen the tools to get the job done.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:11 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I didn't watch the game tonight, but the box score told me the emphasis. Clemmensen sucked as he did against Buffalo, we got absolutely murdered by injuries, the refs were a minor factor, and the bottom line is we suck.

Now with Markstrom coming up because I'm not sure how long Theodore will be out for, we'll really get to see his potential. The Upshall signing really pisses me off now. I swear the guy is made of paper. He can't stay healthy if his life depended on it. I was glad to hear that Weiss showed some emotion with that fight. Maybe he's slowly going back to the player that we used to know.

As bad of a night this must have been, the best we can hope for to end this season at least on a positive one is for the healthy players to come together and try their best to get some wins together. I know with a win tomorrow, we're back to four points out of the division lead and 8th spot, but four points for this team to make up on other teams is more like eight.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:12 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

so about that game and about this season...

Old
03-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Madhatter73

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
I agree with all that.....but our number one problem is ownership. For some unknown reason they don't think spending the money for a winner will put people in the stands, product in the market, and popularity on tv. All of which would yield a much higherreturn than currently possible. My big fear is another f-up by the owners by not giving Tallon and Dineen the tools to get the job done.
Cohen doesn't own the team any more... The mere fact that we have Tallon and Torrey is involved again shows the new owner is better than the old... At this stage of our rebuild spending to the cap now would just be a waste...

Old
03-02-2013, 11:45 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter73 View Post
Cohen doesn't own the team any more... The mere fact that we have Tallon and Torrey is involved again shows the new owner is better than the old... At this stage of our rebuild spending to the cap now would just be a waste...
Viner is not the owner of the Panthers.

Viner is the General Partner of SSE, LLC which owns the Panthers.

Being General Partner is not the same thing as being owner. Viner could own 1% of the LLC and still be named GP. Cohen could own 99% and be a limited partner.

Does Viner own >50% of SSE, LLC? Is he even the largest share-holder?

Old
03-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Montsy14

Starting to agree with the notion that we should be using an amnesty buyout on Upshall...he's injured 80% of the time and do we really need him anyway? What does he bring to the table that warrants us paying him 3.5 mill?

Old
03-03-2013, 12:44 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Does Tallon even want to re-sign him at this point? At least he showed some emotion tonight of course it did nothing to help the team. This team needs a serious infusion of grit. They have no one to push back against the other team's pests. I think Guds is too worried about his shoulder to start something. Pretty sad when Huberdeau is the guy clearing the crease. They need better talent and better goaltending but some one on this team nees to nut up and push back against the crap they have been taking the last few games.
Did you not see when Gudbranson flattened LaRose? He laid someone else out in the crease a game or two ago also. If you're talking about him starting or goading people into fights, I don't want him fighting. He's not here to fight.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:06 AM
Benched

vCash: 157
Quote:

Yep, completely agree.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:53 AM
Madhatter73

Quote:

Being General Partner is not the same thing as being owner. Viner could own 1% of the LLC and still be named GP. Cohen could own 99% and be a limited partner.

I was generalizing the role. It's obvious Cohen has been sidelined. Which was my point.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:

Honestly, it doesn't matter how much of the team he does own. I can tell you firsthand though that as the GP that he does in fact set the budget and did sit down with Tallon in the off season to identify which players we could sign and at what price point would be acceptable. So GP actually is more important than who owns the largest percentage of the team.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:46 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Did you not see when Gudbranson flattened LaRose? He laid someone else out in the crease a game or two ago also. If you're talking about him starting or goading people into fights, I don't want him fighting. He's not here to fight.
Guds lightly shoved LaRose and he went down like he was shot and laid on the ice like Guds had crippled him. One of his many dives last night. And that happened one time so Guds cleared the crease exactly as many times as Huberdeau did. I don't want him starting fights or goading people into fights but I expect him to clear the crease and make people pay a price in our zone. I understand if he is laying off because of his shoulder but this team needs to stop being a punching bag for the other team. It is bad enough to watch the team lose but the lack of push back is disturbing. It reminds me of the team that watched booth get taken out and just stood there and watched. I'm not 100% up on our prospects but is there anyone in the system that can add some grit? Or does Tallon need to add in free agency? Not a goon but someone that can play and add toughness.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:48 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
One of his many dives last night.

He dove so hard he isn't traveling today due to injury

A new complaint about us is overdue don't you think?

Old
03-03-2013, 08:54 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha Cares View Post

He dove so hard he isn't traveling today due to injury

A new complaint about us is overdue don't you think?
So it's the Panthers fault that he got hurt while performing a world class dive that would be more suited in a Broadway musical? Okay..

He'd help his team more by staying up too. You rarely see people score goals with their sight at the rafters.

Closed Thread