HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2013, 08:55 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

vCash: 500
Does anybody know when the new season of league play begins?

EDIT - Never mind. Started today.

Last edited by silverfish: 03-01-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old
03-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Carl Carlson

Looks like the xbox marketplace has a sale on COD games today. WAW MW, COD 2 and COD3 are all $9.99. I've never played any of these. For $9.99 are any worth it? Is the multiplayer still active for any of them?

Old
03-01-2013, 12:25 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
The day I finally decided to open the ports on the Xbox changed my life in terms of lag. Since then, each subsequent day has been worse than the one that came before it.

Today I logged on just now to play a game of CTF and was fluctuating from 1 bar to 4 the entire time. Died four times when I know I had killed the guy who just killed me, and shut the Xbox off. My father and sister are both on the internet, and they alone had killed my connection, even with open ports Every time either one of them opened a new website, I could feel it

Any fixes to this? I'd reset the router, but they take their 'internetting' (especially my father) very seriously.

[yes I know, moving out of my parents house would fix this, I'm working on it ]
See if you can set up some QoS (Quality of Service) settings in the router to give your console higher priority when it's running. It's probably dependent on the router you have. I have a Linksys router that uses "dd-wrt" software and it allows me to do that if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopALoop View Post
Holy crap, is that peacekeeper a beast or what.

Easily one of the best, if not the best weapon in the game.

It's kind of fun watching EVERYONE run around with one.
I'm pretty close to getting Gold with the peacekeeper. Already did the 100 headshots, and the 150/150 no perks/attachments. I think I just need a few Revenge medals and a few Bloodthirsty medals.

That being said, I think the PDW and MSMC are better guns. The Peacekeeper seems to have a little better range than the MSMC and a little more stopping power than the PDW, but I don't think it's as good as either of them at close range (where seemingly 80% of engagements take place based on the maps).

Then again I have been playing it with no perks or attachments so I'm losing a lot of engagements I would win with Toughness/Dexterity and a sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post

Hydro: Not really a fan of this one. Seems like a camper/sniper's paradise and as a rush style player I never have good KD's on this map. The wash-out idea is clever, the map design is admittedly smart, it's visually appealing, and the entire idea is pretty nice but as a SMG/Shotgun rusher it just doesn't suit me much. Not a bad map for demolition but everything else (especially Hardpoint) it's not too great

Downhill: I don't know why but it's my favorite to play of the four. Maybe it's because I felt a snow map was really lacking on BLOPS2. Maybe it's because I find it visually stunning and vibrant. Maybe it's because it provides THE best Demolition set up possible...I don't know I just really enjoy it. Very good map in my opinion.

Mirage: As far as design goes I can't think of a smarter or more attractive map. It's just perfect.

Grind: I like this map, I do have one issue with it though, and that is that people automatically vote for the smaller crazier maps, which is fine.
Totally agree about Mirage being a great map. It might be my second favorite map in the game, only behind Raid. I wish people would vote it up more. Also agree about Grind, like Hijacked, getting overplayed. Every time it comes to a vote, it's 2 games of Grind.

Hydro is fun on Kill Confirmed and TDM. I'm not a huge fan on Domination, but it's not bad there either. I can't really speak for Demolition/Hardpoint/HQ/SnD because I rarely play those.

Old
03-01-2013, 03:01 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Second try on solo Die Rise proved to be more fortuitous but still didn't end ideally.

Worked my way towards having the following by round 16

AN-94 Pack a Punched
PDW Pack a punched
Ray Gun pack a punched
Monkey grenades
Claymores
galvaknuckles
trample steam
All 6 perks (knife/trample fling/punch only on the jumper round to get a free perk)

Quick revive and Who's who are pretty much your key to success on this map. I revived myself with who's who twice before I ever even needed to get a second bottle of quick revive (which I never managed to get anyway.

Got stuck in a tight corner on round 27 zombies coming at me from both side decide to start blasting away but the combo of hits and splash damage took me down. Cleared most of the chain with the mustang and sally as I was getting revived so I assumed the round was over other than the crawler I left. My mistake because as I was running up the ramp to go get quick revive again, a zombie shows up, I turn around, there's two more right behind me. Instead of throwing a monkey I thought it was a good idea to put a claymore down. Wasn't a good idea. Game ended on round 27 because of the final fringe runners.

Some hints that I've picked up through my 10-15 or so games

-Memorize the map. It may seem big, but once you get the routes down and you remember which elevator shafts take you where, you realize there aren't many different routes to take and it's not so hard to go back and get what you need

-Free Juggernog. Well...actually persistent juggernog. It's not permanent but it sticks around for a while. It's just weaker than actual juggernog but it's very useful on a map like this. instead of two hits to go down, I believe it's 3 hits to get a red warning screen, or maybe it's just 3 hits to go down, either way, just to be safe, only allow yourself to be hit twice. To get it, you start up a solo game and die before you even kill one zombie. Sounds lame but I found it on accident, wasn't paying attention, game over, but before I died, I saw the trademark green glow burst.

I may have that wrong though, the youtube video I just watched says you need to be hit 6 times and then go down without getting one kill. Maybe the youtube vid has it wrong though.

Free deadshot-Makes your headshots stronger. I think what you need to do is manage to get 2 headshots with one bullet. Basically the easiest way to do this is to just keep spraying into a swarm while aiming at the head.

Free quick revive-This can carry over from Tranzit but basically 14-17 revives in one game. If it was me, I'd do it in Tranzit.

Yeah that's all I got for now. Going for 35 next time.

Last edited by DuckJet: 03-01-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old
03-01-2013, 04:12 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Played my league placement games today. Either got stomped, or did the stomping.

Won one game of CTF 14-0

Was also able to get a lightning strike, and a sentry gun in SnD (forgot to change my scorestreaks before the game started).

Old
03-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
Looks like the xbox marketplace has a sale on COD games today. WAW MW, COD 2 and COD3 are all $9.99. I've never played any of these. For $9.99 are any worth it? Is the multiplayer still active for any of them?
All of those are good. Those are throwbacks to when COD was actually a good game.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Ziggy66

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
Nice. MW has the best Multi maps imo. I throw it in once in a while just to play the maps.

Old
03-01-2013, 06:24 PM
RussianRocket10

I'm pretty sure MW1 and WAW have plenty of hacked lobbies on multiplayer these days which ruins the game.

Old
03-01-2013, 07:28 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

What are your favorite permanent unlocks?

Old
03-01-2013, 07:57 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
Ghost.
Kap 40 (for some reason I'm unstoppable with this gun. I think my KD with it is 2.5)
AN-94

Old
03-01-2013, 08:29 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Think I went, Ghost, AN, MSMC, K9, Swarm But I can't really remember.

"rage quit" my first game ever today. League play, capture the flag on express, 4v4 to start (obviously) halfway through the first round it's 1-0 the other team (a party of four) and two people on my team quit. I'd have no problems playing it out 4v2, but the other guy quit. I really tried to play it out, but couldn't make it through the rest of the round too frustrating

By the time I quit it was 7-0, I had 8 kills, 9 deaths, and a return.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:04 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

I didn't really use the first one wisely. But my order has been

MDW
Ghost
KAP

so far

now going for AN next one

Old
03-01-2013, 09:52 PM
leova

Quote:
I went with:

AN-94
Ghost
Scavenger
RPG (yes, lol all you want, I'm trying to get Diamond launchers)
Flak Jacket
Claymore (working on challenge for it)

Sucks that there's no benefit to 6+ Prestiges besides perm-unlocks, I'd really love to have 15 Classes available

Old
03-02-2013, 01:03 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

My permanent unlocks, up to Prestige 5:

#1: Ghost
#2: Flak Jacket
#3: Scavenger
#4: Chicom CQB
#5: AN-94

Discovered a new class that I love today - or rather, I watched XboxAhoy's Type 25 review video and started using the class he suggested.

Type 25 (Supressor, Fast Mags)
Flak Jacket
Fast Hands, Scavenger (Perk 2 Greed)
Tac Mask
C4, Flashbang

Or without Flashbang, I throw in the Tac-45. I'm mowing people down with this class. I hadn't really used C4 before today, holy **** it's so good.

Old
03-02-2013, 02:04 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Finished CTF master today

HQ next, when I'm not playing for fun on league. Was put into the gold division after my 5 placement games

Ugh. Every game of league play I was in today I had a teammate quit. Think I went 1-4 on the day booooooooooooo

I find it quite useless to play league play solo, but the challenge is extra fun. Last game was a game of Hardpoing on Hijacked... Played 4 on 3 for the entire game. All three of us ended up outscoring everyone on the other team, and still losing. Tragic.

Last edited by silverfish: 03-02-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old
03-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
I find this game to be a laggy POS tonight on PS3. It hangs on the screen where it tries to find games. Eventually it starts to search. Takes forever to load any kind of stat, etc. I dunno why I kept playing it was such a warpfest.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:06 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Last week my 360 started to **** the bed so I bought a pre-owned one (also one of the old school white consoles with the side-mount hard drive). The disk tray was screwed up so I returned it for a refund today, and got a 250 GB 360 Slim. It's just so much smoother - no annoying jet noises and I get to install all my games onto the hard drive. I also brought the console to my downstairs TV (46") since the Slim comes with a built in WiFi chip... Man, it's so much worse playing CoD via WiFi compared to an ethernet cable. Bullets were just not doing anything.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Last week my 360 started to **** the bed so I bought a pre-owned one (also one of the old school white consoles with the side-mount hard drive). The disk tray was screwed up so I returned it for a refund today, and got a 250 GB 360 Slim. It's just so much smoother - no annoying jet noises and I get to install all my games onto the hard drive. I also brought the console to my downstairs TV (46") since the Slim comes with a built in WiFi chip... Man, it's so much worse playing CoD via WiFi compared to an ethernet cable. Bullets were just not doing anything.
Wifi on the slim is garbage. I need an Ethernet connection to even try to play.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

Also, anyone use the swarm ever? Looks like it could be a decent scorestreak.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:40 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
Also, anyone use the swarm ever? Looks like it could be a decent scorestreak.
I've called in four and tallied 33 kills with them. Thing about Swarm is, it's not really going to do much unless you get lucky in the sense that the team you're playing isn't that smart. However, if you get that team with 4/6 guys not running blind eye, and they don't take cover inside, you're going to have a lot of fun.

Personally, I prefer puppies.

What's great about the puppies and swarm though is that it doesn't take you out of the game. So if you're playing objective based games you can call in those streaks and then wreak havoc.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
I've called in four and tallied 33 kills with them. Thing about Swarm is, it's not really going to do much unless you get lucky in the sense that the team you're playing isn't that smart. However, if you get that team with 4/6 guys not running blind eye, and they don't take cover inside, you're going to have a lot of fun.

Personally, I prefer puppies.

What's great about the puppies and swarm though is that it doesn't take you out of the game. So if you're playing objective based games you can call in those streaks and then wreak havoc.
Thanks! I'm trying to change up my score streaks from uav, stealth chopper and VTOL but I don't know what to change uav to. Might have to try puppies, and see how it goes.

My only qualm is that I'd like to run orbital vsat, but never have good teammates anymore. Since I stopped playing with a clan, the quality of players has gone down.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:19 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Thanks! I'm trying to change up my score streaks from uav, stealth chopper and VTOL but I don't know what to change uav to. Might have to try puppies, and see how it goes.

My only qualm is that I'd like to run orbital vsat, but never have good teammates anymore. Since I stopped playing with a clan, the quality of players has gone down.
Definitely highly recommend orbital vsat. If you can get there, you're pretty much a lock for getting a higher scorestreak, pending luck of course.

A lot of times I find myself running UAV - VSAT - K9

Although, I'm always changing them around pending game mode

Old
03-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
Definitely highly recommend orbital vsat. If you can get there, you're pretty much a lock for getting a higher scorestreak, pending luck of course.

A lot of times I find myself running UAV - VSAT - K9

Although, I'm always changing them around pending game mode
I really don't have problems getting the scorestreak, it's more just not dieing a ton. My usual games are 30-10 or so. I'd like to get deaths down to 5-7

Old
03-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Arrive at my level

Quote:

Strange with the clan bit. The clan I was in took away from my play style, everyone was selfish and didn't act like a team. yet they stressed team work. I was kicked out of it because I complained that nothing was coordinated and everyone just did whatever they wanted and just tried to pad their stats. I've been better off playing with some guys I found in the random lobbies really. It's simpler and no rocket science.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Strange with the clan bit. The clan I was in took away from my play style, everyone was selfish and didn't act like a team. yet they stressed team work. I was kicked out of it because I complained that nothing was coordinated and everyone just did whatever they wanted and just tried to pad their stats. I've been better off playing with some guys I found in the random lobbies really. It's simpler and no rocket science.
The clan I was in was definitely a struggle to get a ton of kills, but wins came first. You pushed for the objective, and if you didn't kick ass you got demoted. We had almost daily practices of callouts, and played in several tournaments. It was a lot of fun to say the least

Closed Thread