HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mikael Granlund V

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2013, 02:30 PM
  #526
Gaps
Registered User
 
Gaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,555
vCash: 500
Coyle always seems to fall just a tad short of making a really good play. He hasn't been bad, but I don't think he's going to be on the 1st line much longer. I think Heatley will be moved back there sooner rather than later. Coyle's a great prospect but not ready for 1st line duty in the NHL yet. I really want to see him with Granlund and Zucker next season, though.

Gaps is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:07 PM
  #527
PariseSuterKoivu
Registered User
 
PariseSuterKoivu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 276
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabranth View Post
Yeah, Modano had a terrible rookie season, at least stat wise. (80, 29+46=75)
I was speaking of his first 6 weeks or so. My point being that MM took off after that. I watched Modano's rookie season. Did you?

PariseSuterKoivu is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 03:42 PM
  #528
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner
 
Blizzard6411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseSuterKoivu View Post
I was speaking of his first 6 weeks or so. My point being that MM took off after that. I watched Modano's rookie season. Did you?
I think alot of us were still suffering from the nightmare that was 1st overall pick Brian Lawton. I do remember Modano taking a ton of criticism his rookie season even after taking off, the biggest complaint being that he was a soft pretty boy just like Lawton was. Of course Modano took off and had an amazing career and Lawton never did.

Blizzard6411 is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 05:03 PM
  #529
roon
Registered User
 
roon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Amazing that Coyle can get in the lineup every day while Granlund can't. And Coyle hasn't looked great.
Its more amazing to me that Granlund gets scratched before PMB. PMB has been garbage all year.

roon is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 04:28 AM
  #530
Gabranth
#19 #88
 
Gabranth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PariseSuterKoivu View Post
I was speaking of his first 6 weeks or so. My point being that MM took off after that. I watched Modano's rookie season. Did you?
So you're expecting Granlund to tear it up after a few games? (It's already been 17 games)

And no.

Gabranth is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:53 AM
  #531
WILDTATE10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,610
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabranth View Post
So you're expecting Granlund to tear it up after a few games? (It's already been 17 games)

And no.
Well that's all that matters then. He wins and you lose

WILDTATE10 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:02 AM
  #532
Gabranth
#19 #88
 
Gabranth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTATE10 View Post
Well that's all that matters then. He wins and you lose
Either hes like 50 years old or lying. I could've said yes too, but i'm too honest and nice guy.

Gabranth is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:05 AM
  #533
Sportserie
Registered User
 
Sportserie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OH/PA/MN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,847
vCash: 500
Do we know if he's playing tonight?

Sportserie is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:16 AM
  #534
Gaps
Registered User
 
Gaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
Do we know if he's playing tonight?
Nothing certain, but if I had to guess, I'd say they won't sit him in the press box for several games in a row instead of sending him down. Especially considering his good attitude and work ethic. If they want someone to go after Hall, I think Rupp can handle that. But I don't think anything's going to happen.

Gaps is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:34 AM
  #535
Sportserie
Registered User
 
Sportserie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OH/PA/MN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
Nothing certain, but if I had to guess, I'd say they won't sit him in the press box for several games in a row instead of sending him down. Especially considering his good attitude and work ethic. If they want someone to go after Hall, I think Rupp can handle that. But I don't think anything's going to happen.
I agree. Rupp can handle that if necessary.

You're right, they wouldn't or shouldn't healthy scratch him persistently. If they do that, they should send him back down. Hopefully he's in the line up tonight.

Sportserie is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:30 AM
  #536
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 13,567
vCash: 50
Keep Rupp in the lineup, sit Konopka.

TaLoN is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:34 AM
  #537
Gaps
Registered User
 
Gaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,555
vCash: 500
Granlund in, Konopka out (per the Wild's official Twitter account).

Gaps is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:15 PM
  #538
Dampland
Heavily Moderated
 
Dampland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Job Search City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabranth View Post
Either hes like 50 years old or lying. I could've said yes too, but i'm too honest and nice guy.
Well I'm "like 50 years old", and he is correct about Modano as a rooki, because I watched him too that year.

Dampland is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:17 PM
  #539
Dampland
Heavily Moderated
 
Dampland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Job Search City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 50
Funny thing is, Taylor Hall is actually BIGGER than Zenon Konopka. Hall is 6'2" and 200#'s. He should be able to fight his own battles against everyone but the top Goons.

Dampland is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:21 PM
  #540
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner
 
Blizzard6411's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
Well I'm "like 50 years old", and he is correct about Modano as a rooki, because I watched him too that year.
"like 50 years old" here as well. Fully agree on the statement made about Modano.

Is it really that hard to believe that their are "like 50 years old" who are fans of the Wild and know how to work the internets?

Blizzard6411 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 02:40 PM
  #541
WildisLaw
Just win, baby
 
WildisLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Napa Valley, Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 3,552
vCash: 50
I like heater where he is with butch. Need a 1RW who can produce though.

WildisLaw is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 04:10 PM
  #542
Finnsane
Feed the population
 
Finnsane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Finland
Posts: 798
vCash: 50
Granlund gave an interview to Urheilulehti: http://www.urheilulehti.fi/jaakiekko...nut-muuttamaan

I'm just gonna translate Granlund's quotes for you.

(On Yeo's line lottery) "It's obviously not easy when your position and guys around you change all the time. We are looking for right combinations. As a player there's not much you can do but to be ready for the next game."

"Every day I learn a lot and have made progress on lot of things. The game is so much different here that it has taken time to adapt to this gamestyle. I have to get my confidence better. When you start to notice that your game is getting better, then you are heading for the right direction."

"When heading towards offensive zone, lot of the game is played near the boards. It's a lot of fighting on the boards. There's not much room in the offensive zone. You have to constantly keep your legs and puck moving, you can't just wait in the corner for someone to pass you so that you can make a play."

"I've had to change my offensive game quite a lot from what it was in Finland and Europe. In Finland, you'd get one gy to put pressure on you but you'd also have a lot more space. You had time to look around, here it's different. Still have a lot of work to do."

Maybe not the best translations but you'll get the point.

Finnsane is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:30 PM
  #543
WildisLaw
Just win, baby
 
WildisLaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Napa Valley, Cali
Country: United States
Posts: 3,552
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnsane View Post
Granlund gave an interview to Urheilulehti: http://www.urheilulehti.fi/jaakiekko...nut-muuttamaan

I'm just gonna translate Granlund's quotes for you.

(On Yeo's line lottery) "It's obviously not easy when your position and guys around you change all the time. We are looking for right combinations. As a player there's not much you can do but to be ready for the next game."

"Every day I learn a lot and have made progress on lot of things. The game is so much different here that it has taken time to adapt to this gamestyle. I have to get my confidence better. When you start to notice that your game is getting better, then you are heading for the right direction."

"When heading towards offensive zone, lot of the game is played near the boards. It's a lot of fighting on the boards. There's not much room in the offensive zone. You have to constantly keep your legs and puck moving, you can't just wait in the corner for someone to pass you so that you can make a play."

"I've had to change my offensive game quite a lot from what it was in Finland and Europe. In Finland, you'd get one gy to put pressure on you but you'd also have a lot more space. You had time to look around, here it's different. Still have a lot of work to do."

Maybe not the best translations but you'll get the point.
Thanks! Good read.

WildisLaw is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 08:40 PM
  #544
Beegoalie
Registered User
 
Beegoalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pominville Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Having his best game as an NHL player tonight..driving to the net..creative on the PP set up Heatley for a couple quality chances. Like what I see from him tonight.

Beegoalie is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:14 AM
  #545
Red Alberks
Registered User
 
Red Alberks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 613
vCash: 500
He was great tonight. He had good passes and decisions on the powerplay, he was aggressive in driving the net, playing physical, and just looked more confident out there.

Red Alberks is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:15 AM
  #546
QnebO
Registered User
 
QnebO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 5,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabranth View Post
So you're expecting Granlund to tear it up after a few games? (It's already been 17 games)
So you're saying that because he has played 17 games and points are 6, he cannot start getting any points and he's NHL career is over, it doesn't matter that he's actually improving and playing pretty well?

Seems like he had pretty good game, dont have time to watch this one.. just the highlights.

QnebO is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:15 AM
  #547
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD
 
tomgilbertfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 8,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alberks View Post
He was great tonight. He had good passes and decisions on the powerplay, he was aggressive in driving the net, playing physical, and just looked more confident out there.


For sure. Hopefully he's allowed to build off this with more consecutive games of 10+ TOI.

tomgilbertfan is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:24 AM
  #548
Joona
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Great game from MG, like from rest of the team!

Joona is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:26 AM
  #549
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,873
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
For those who don't read the GDT.


Fel 96 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 12:41 AM
  #550
DeuceMN
Really?
 
DeuceMN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Chi-Town, Il
Country: United States
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
For those who don't read the GDT.

God I loved that!!

I rewound it and watched it on my tevo twice

DeuceMN is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.