HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phil Kessel for Corey Perry?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2013, 10:48 PM
  #151
Gliff
Nick Bonino
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1990 View Post
I'm pretty sure Bob Mackenzie has said that Corey Perry has told the ducks he isn't resigning with them. Has anyone else seen this?
This was a rumor started by an HF poster that is a complete lie. Mods need to start deleting posts like this or the rumor is never going to die...

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:58 PM
  #152
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Or...

Perry + Cogliano + Holland + 3rd in 13

for

Kessel + Bozak + Colborne
Keep it simple. We have no need to tear apart the rest of our roster to make a trade happen. We'd be better off just letting Perry walk than do that.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:19 PM
  #153
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Keep it simple. We have no need to tear apart the rest of our roster to make a trade happen. We'd be better off just letting Perry walk than do that.
So you'd rather lose him for nothing? You realize that the point is too trade assets for assets and not lose said assets for nothing, especially one of Perry's calibre.

You're not tearing apart your roster neither. Your trading two roster players and gaining two roster. Hardly tearing it apart.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:20 PM
  #154
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,741
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Maybe not, but he's needed in this deal.
You just really want to see him in a Leafs uniform, don't you?

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:24 PM
  #155
Gliff
Nick Bonino
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
So you'd rather lose him for nothing? You realize that the point is too trade assets for assets and not lose said assets for nothing, especially one of Perry's calibre.

You're not tearing apart your roster neither. Your trading two roster players and gaining two roster. Hardly tearing it apart.
No, the point is to win a Stanley Cup and trading that many pieces is not realistic for a team in second in the NHL.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:26 PM
  #156
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
You just really want to see him in a Leafs uniform, don't you?
Well he's an asset I wouldn't mind aquiring. Our organization is lacking in center depth as well. Colbourne is good and is coming off an injury, but he had a great year last year.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:28 PM
  #157
Generic User
Dynamic as they come
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,699
vCash: 500
If Anaheim knows Perry isn't re-signing for sure, this is a great deal for them.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:29 PM
  #158
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,741
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Well he's an asset I wouldn't mind aquiring. Our organization is lacking in center depth as well. Colbourne is good and is coming off an injury, but he had a great year last year.
At least you're honest about it. I'm keen to keep him in Anaheim. He's arguably ready for the NHL right now, but in the AHL he's getting more minutes and playing a bigger role. He's a very talented young kid, and I think we still have hopes he can be our #2 center at some point.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:32 PM
  #159
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
No, the point is to win a Stanley Cup and trading that many pieces is not realistic for a team in second in the NHL.
Umm, that's only 2 assets. You're not a shoe in to win the cup. You'd prefer to run with Perry and potentially lose him for nothing, rather than gaining a bonifide goal scorer, that happens to be 3 years younger. Not to mention, still under contract for another year, and he could also assist you in the playoffs as well?

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:35 PM
  #160
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
At least you're honest about it. I'm keen to keep him in Anaheim. He's arguably ready for the NHL right now, but in the AHL he's getting more minutes and playing a bigger role. He's a very talented young kid, and I think we still have hopes he can be our #2 center at some point.
So...what kind of deal would you think is feasible with both Perry and Holland being involved?

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:36 PM
  #161
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
So you'd rather lose him for nothing? You realize that the point is too trade assets for assets and not lose said assets for nothing, especially one of Perry's calibre.

You're not tearing apart your roster neither. Your trading two roster players and gaining two roster. Hardly tearing it apart.
We're breaking up our strongest line. And no, having an elite player for a playoff run is pretty far from nothing. Not to mention that we have no reason to swap our best center prospect for Colborne.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:41 PM
  #162
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
We're breaking up our strongest line. And no, having an elite player for a playoff run is pretty far from nothing. Not to mention that we have no reason to swap our best center prospect for Colborne.
But you'd gain a younger quality asset for the forseeable future. One that could help for the next two playoffs and potentially longer if you decide to lock him up.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:46 PM
  #163
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
But you'd gain a younger quality asset for the forseeable future. One that could help for the next two playoffs and potentially longer if you decide to lock him up.
It's not like our system is lacking for replacements. We have plenty of wingers coming up.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 11:55 PM
  #164
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
It's not like our system is lacking for replacements. We have plenty of wingers coming up.
Umm, I think you'd be the only Ducks fan that would prefer to potentially lose Perry for nothing as supposeto acquiring a nop notch player in return for said asset that could walk away.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:11 AM
  #165
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Umm, I think you'd be the only Ducks fan that would prefer to potentially lose Perry for nothing as supposeto acquiring a nop notch player in return for said asset that could walk away.
You would be wrong about that. We've discussed it at length on our board and it was pretty far from unanimous. That includes a swap of Kessel and Perry.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:16 AM
  #166
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
How not? Anahiem will most likely hold onto Perry for their playoff run and if they do so they risk losing him for nothing. In this deal they get Kessel to help replace Perry's offense, than they also get two more roster players that will help them instantly. Bozak is a versatile center that has great chemistry with Kessel. Franson has come into his own this year and is only a RFA at years end.

Anahiem loses Perry, which is no doubt hard, but the other assets are easier to part with. Holland is still in the minors and has yet been able to make the jump. Cogliano is a bottom 6 player, and Hiller has average stats, and appears to have lost his #1 spot to Fasth.
we're not giving up a 1st line top end forward, one of the best 3rd line wingers in the league(Might wanna check Coglianos numbers he's 1 of the top producing 3rd liners out there), our best center prospect, and insurance in goal for that. we don't need Bozak at all, and we don't need another bottom pair D like Franson, who plays very sheltered minutes when we have Lindholm and Vatanen waiting to be called up

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:20 AM
  #167
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
So you'd rather lose him for nothing? You realize that the point is too trade assets for assets and not lose said assets for nothing, especially one of Perry's calibre.

You're not tearing apart your roster neither. Your trading two roster players and gaining two roster. Hardly tearing it apart.
There is this little thing called WINNING.
Anaheim has been pretty good at that this year, to the tune of the 2nd best team in the league.
So we're going to trade WINS for ASSETS?

Getzlaf and Perry are clicking like they did 2 years ago, why should we cripple Selanne's last best chance at winning a championship, ruin Koivu's best shot at one, and punch a lockerroom in the nuts that has worked this hard, all for assets?

I'd rather try and win that's the point of the sport

Also you guys need to stop acting like it's a foregone conclusion Perry is leaving there is currently zero evidence that points to that

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:59 AM
  #168
Prophet Kadri
Registered User
 
Prophet Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post

Also you guys need to stop acting like it's a foregone conclusion Perry is leaving there is currently zero evidence that points to that
New Jersey Made the stanley Cup Finals last year but Zach Parise still left the team. He wen't to his hometown state where he got paid big bucks.

Who knows if Perry will leave for sure, if Anahiem wants to risk it then they can go ahead. Parise got a $98 million dollar deal over 13 seasons, you have to imagine someone would be willing to pay Perry something like that. If that someone is Anahiem then he may stay. You have to look at Getzlaf at the same time as well.

This can add up to a trade, and because of the circumstances you may not be getting full value because of the uncertainty.

Prophet Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:13 AM
  #169
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 17,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
New Jersey Made the stanley Cup Finals last year but Zach Parise still left the team. He wen't to his hometown state where he got paid big bucks.

Who knows if Perry will leave for sure, if Anahiem wants to risk it then they can go ahead. Parise got a $98 million dollar deal over 13 seasons, you have to imagine someone would be willing to pay Perry something like that. If that someone is Anahiem then he may stay. You have to look at Getzlaf at the same time as well.

This can add up to a trade, and because of the circumstances you may not be getting full value because of the uncertainty.
i would take a shot at trying to win a cup even if it means risking losing Perry, what universe do we live in here? the goal is to win the cup, and no trade involving Perry gives us a better chance

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:43 AM
  #170
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,741
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
So...what kind of deal would you think is feasible with both Perry and Holland being involved?
I'm not really sure Anaheim can afford to move Holland and Perry. It's because of prospects like Holland that Anaheim has a pretty bright future moving ahead. They have some real talent in their prospect pool, and they will need it if Perry decides he needs a change of scenery.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:46 AM
  #171
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,741
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
Umm, I think you'd be the only Ducks fan that would prefer to potentially lose Perry for nothing as supposeto acquiring a nop notch player in return for said asset that could walk away.
The fans seem to be split on the subject.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:06 AM
  #172
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
The fans seem to be split on the subject.
That seems quite ridiculous IMO. Aquiring Kessel could help you in the playoffs for years to come. Perry seems like he is going to bolt. But whatever. I don't understand some fans. You'd rather have Perry to help you with one more cup run as suppose to flipping him for a package that could help you for years to come. IMO Kessel could thrive in a small market like Anahiem. He would no doubt do well with his anonimitity, and could play well with Getzlaf, but, you'd rather have neither I guess.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:23 AM
  #173
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
What about this BLOCKBUSTER...

To Anahiem:
Bozak
Kessel
Biggs
Gunnarsson
Rynnas

To Toronto:
Perry
Cogliano
Holland
Hiller

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:27 AM
  #174
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
That seems quite ridiculous IMO. Aquiring Kessel could help you in the playoffs for years to come. Perry seems like he is going to bolt. But whatever. I don't understand some fans. You'd rather have Perry to help you with one more cup run as suppose to flipping him for a package that could help you for years to come. IMO Kessel could thrive in a small market like Anahiem. He would no doubt do well with his anonimitity, and could play well with Getzlaf, but, you'd rather have neither I guess.
It's interesting that - because it suits your personal agenda - you pretend that Corey Perry leaving Anaheim as a free agent is somehow assumed even though there's absolutely zero evidence of that.

At the same time, you seem to be glossing over that Phil Kessel is only on year away from unrestricted free agency, yet you seem to be pretending that re-signing him will be something that Anaheim just has to decide to do and then, boom, he's helping the Ducks in the playoffs for years to come.

You've simply decided, without shred of evidence, that "Perry seem like he's going to bolt." Then, again without a shred of evidence you've decided that Kessel will easily re-sign. You've also made the assumption that a one-way forward who has already proven this season that he can simply disappear for lengthy stretches of the season is somehow remotely comparable to an MVP player like Corey Perry and when Duck fans don't want to trade away their top player and scrap their chances at a Cup with a solid hockey team that is playing great hockey you say that YOU don't understand their fans and that YOU think the entire thing is ridiculous.

Maybe if you took away all of your baseless assumptions, got real about the world of difference between a player like Perry and a player like Kessel, acknowledged that no General Manager in their right might would deal an elite player like Perry for a guy one year away from UFA status and acknowledged the pretty basic fact that no GM would gut a Stanley Cup contender and throw away the chance to win you would quickly realize that it isn't Duck fans that are being ridiculous.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:48 AM
  #175
DougGilmour93
Registered User
 
DougGilmour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,143
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
It's interesting that - because it suits your personal agenda - you pretend that Corey Perry leaving Anaheim as a free agent is somehow assumed even though there's absolutely zero evidence of that.

At the same time, you seem to be glossing over that Phil Kessel is only on year away from unrestricted free agency, yet you seem to be pretending that re-signing him will be something that Anaheim just has to decide to do and then, boom, he's helping the Ducks in the playoffs for years to come.

You've simply decided, without shred of evidence, that "Perry seem like he's going to bolt." Then, again without a shred of evidence you've decided that Kessel will easily re-sign. You've also made the assumption that a one-way forward who has already proven this season that he can simply disappear for lengthy stretches of the season is somehow remotely comparable to an MVP player like Corey Perry and when Duck fans don't want to trade away their top player and scrap their chances at a Cup with a solid hockey team that is playing great hockey you say that YOU don't understand their fans and that YOU think the entire thing is ridiculous.

Maybe if you took away all of your baseless assumptions, got real about the world of difference between a player like Perry and a player like Kessel, acknowledged that no General Manager in their right might would deal an elite player like Perry for a guy one year away from UFA status and acknowledged the pretty basic fact that no GM would gut a Stanley Cup contender and throw away the chance to win you would quickly realize that it isn't Duck fans that are being ridiculous.
Well, Perry is a UFA, that has yet to start negotiating a new contract and there has been alot of speculating on the media's behalf that he might test free agent waters.

It's been well documented that Kessel is not that great with all the media attention and could benefit from playing in a market where in which he might have more privacy. I did infact clearly state that he does only have one year remaining on his current contract (which is one more than UFA to be Perry). He's also American, I think it's plausible to believe he'd want to resign in Anahiem (great weather) moreso than Toronto, especially if Anahiem continues to be a playoff team.

This MVP, you speak of is 2 years removed, from said status, and could leave for NOTHING. I just can't get over how some people are ok with losing an asset of his stature for NOTHING.

Would Anahiem prefer a package that includes a 1st + top 6 roster player/top prospect + bottom 6 player/bottom 3 defensemen? I was of the opinion that they wanted to continue to be a threat and play competetive hockey. I didn't think they wanted to start a rebuild.

Any GM would love to deal a couple months of their star player for a year + a couple months of another star player that will more than likely re-sign with your team.

Now you are right on one thing. I don't have any idea of Perry's intentions. If it's more likely he'd re-sign in Anahiem than, I agree in what you are saying. But ... on the flip side, would you really let him walk for nothing???

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.