HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "no one wants to make a PGT" edition

Old
03-03-2013, 07:09 AM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Your team scores six goals, and they don't win...???

That's on the goalie, 10 times outta 10.
yep

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Out East

Totally not true. The game was run and gun. Most of the goals Price had no chance on. He has become accustomed to back stopping structured hockey, not pond hockey. Had we stayed with our game plan instead of falling into the run and gun trap the Penguins set we would have handily won this game. I'm just impressed we stayed with them in the goal scoring department. It's actually encouraging. Had we had a healthy Bourque and Diaz we would likely have won.

Out East is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:36 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out East View Post
Totally not true. The game was run and gun. Most of the goals Price had no chance on. He has become accustomed to back stopping structured hockey, not pond hockey. Had we stayed with our game plan instead of falling into the run and gun trap the Penguins set we would have handily won this game. I'm just impressed we stayed with them in the goal scoring department. It's actually encouraging. Had we had a healthy Bourque and Diaz we would likely have won.
Missed the game, just watched the hilights, and wow it looked like pond hockey alright...both goalies got lit up but didn't have much help...the coaches must have been going crazy.....

17 pts out of a possible 20 since the the debacle a couple of weeks ago...it's all good boys!!

Off to Bawston!!!!

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:50 AM
TennisMenace

I watched the replay and I have to say, it wasn't as bad as I thought. Carey actually made one very good save in the 1st period that impressed me. Had he not made that save, we would not have gotten our point.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Lshap

That was fun game to be at. I yelled myself hoarse, half the time over our goals, the other half over bonehead plays in our end. Price started off strong with some solid saves through traffic in the 1st period, and then it began to unravel in the 2nd. He let in at least two very soft goals. The D seemed to lose cohesion and left Pens totally unguarded. Part's because of Crosby, who really was fantastic to watch. But part was because our D seemed clueless.

Ryder is still a step behind everything. It cost us in both ends.

DD and Patches were bad in our end, but great in theirs.

Entertaining, in a gimmicky no-system way. First time seeing Syd live.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:11 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone feels better today than they did yesterday.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
Your team scores six goals, and they don't win...???

That's on the goalie, 10 times outta 10.
Since the loss to Leafs,Habs have got 17 pts out of a possible 20pts in this run .....haven't lost in regulation since the leafs loss....

I say that is what matters..were goona lose games,but Habs lose and are still getting a point which is big.

2-1 loss or 7-6 loss all the same ....

I enjoyed the game last night , a game like that is great to watch ....reminds me of the old days .

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-03-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
That was fun game to be at. I yelled myself hoarse, half the time over our goals, the other half over bonehead plays in our end. Price started off strong with some solid saves through traffic in the 1st period, and then it began to unravel in the 2nd. He let in at least two very soft goals. The D seemed to lose cohesion and left Pens totally unguarded. Part's because of Crosby, who really was fantastic to watch. But part was because our D seemed clueless.

Ryder is still a step behind everything. It cost us in both ends.

DD and Patches were bad in our end, but great in theirs.

Entertaining, in a gimmicky no-system way. First time seeing Syd live.
It looked the same on TV, I could kinda see Erik Cole making a difference in a game. Ryder fumbled the puck in ways an nhler should not, I remembered how useless he is in his own end. I genuinely thought that when we had it 5-4 that the guys would tighten it up and start to trap but no they did'nt. Oh well lets move on and beat the most hated team in Habs universe.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
This is similar to my view. Price has to shoulder the blame for the result of this game but it isnt as much as some people here would lead you to believe. As long as he keeps trusting his defense even after bad games like this because overall it will be a better result the whole year. Not that often that gorges will whiff on a block attempt and be nothing but a screen.
The 7th goal he was cheating to go down and the shot went up. My biggest beef is taht he wasn't making the "big save". You play a team with Crosby you'd think he'd be pumped and would come up with a few big saves. To me he's playing tired or lethargic the alst few games.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Missed the game, just watched the hilights, and wow it looked like pond hockey alright...both goalies got lit up but didn't have much help...the coaches must have been going crazy.....

17 pts out of a possible 20 since the the debacle a couple of weeks ago...it's all good boys!!

Off to Bawston!!!!
I'm ok with the overall result, but not happy with some of the defensive play and goaltending. Pittsburgh played well...but not THAT well to score 7 goals IMHO. We should have been able to limit them to 3-4 goals, it's not like Crosby was playing out of his mind. Most of the goals were on simple little plays or wrist shots taht found their way in, nothintg spectactular or miraculous.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I'm ok with the overall result, but not happy with some of the defensive play and goaltending. Pittsburgh played well...but not THAT well to score 7 goals IMHO. We should have been able to limit them to 3-4 goals, it's not like Crosby was playing out of his mind. Most of the goals were on simple little plays or wrist shots taht found their way in, nothintg spectactular or miraculous.
You're right about Crosby, to a point. He was very effective, controlled the puck when necessary and made some beautiful passes. Thing is, he didn't have to play out of his mind because there were so many open players to pass to. And that's how Pittsburgh scored - wide open men getting tape-to-tape passes taking laser-beam shots from 15 feet out, and boom - another goal. It was the exact opposite of the crash-the-net-create-traffic strategy of dirty goals most other teams use.

The hope is everyone watched the videos, gave their heads a good shake and rebooted for tonight.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasybaseballchamp View Post
lol yeah, Halak's career has been the model of consistency.
Halak was always consistent for us. And to be fair, I think from evidence so far this year, Price would do just as ****** in STL as Halak.

Halak faces like 1 shot per game now and probably has learnt how to play piano during games.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:02 AM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillings View Post
I ****ing love price, I am an amazing loyal canadiens fan.

I just hate how overrated he is.
Anyhow on a related note, Price blew it last night. But should get another shot at the can tonight. We're playing the conference leaders and we need our best elements on the ice, and that fortunately (or unfortunately for some) includes Price.

Last edited by Bad Natey: 03-03-2013 at 09:11 AM.
pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:18 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out East View Post
True.
Although, for entertainment purposes, I'm glad we went into the run and gun hockey. We need to do that every so often. Players like it and it's good for the fans too.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:26 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Since the loss to Leafs,Habs have got 17 pts out of a possible 20pts in this run .....haven't lost in regulation since the leafs loss....

I say that is what matters..were goona lose games,but Habs lose and are still getting a point which is big.

I enjoyed the game last night , a game like that is great to watch ....reminds me of the old days .
I could not disagree more, last nights game was awful to watch, and this is completely independent of the outcome. It was like the flyers pens series last year, lots of goals with very little good hockey.

There was some drama and I admit that the subb an goal got me excited but the third was virtually unwatchable. The only redeeming aspect is that the habs did not fold after giving up leads but I would much prefer that they don't put themselves in that position. If they play the same way against the bruins, they are going to get killed.

sandysan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:43 AM
Kjell Dahlin

3 quick comments:

Price was crap last night (same goes for Gorges imo) but wow... I just browsed through the GDT and the amount of hate he, our MVP, received is reminiscent of the 4-5 posters’ obsession with Desharnais! I guess some people are only happy when it rains.

When Pit was on the rush, after passing our blue line, they often had an uncovered player in the high slot. I am not sure why they were so often successful at sneaking in behind our Ds to be honest!

The only bright spot was our Canadiens finding a way to get back in the game and earn a point.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:49 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Haha, are people still having the Halak vs Price argument.

Oh dear lord.
The Price haters only come out of the woodwork after Price as a bad game so they only get a few times a season to try and beat their point to death. I tolerated them at first but not anymore so there's 2 more added to my IL this morning.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Rickkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Well no, not really. In a 2-1 loss, one could argue that the goalie held up his end, while the goal scorers failed to come thru on their end.

Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The 7th goal he was cheating to go down and the shot went up. My biggest beef is taht he wasn't making the "big save". You play a team with Crosby you'd think he'd be pumped and would come up with a few big saves. To me he's playing tired or lethargic the alst few games.
This is how I see it too.

He didn't make the big save or saves we needed to close it out. That's why he's getting paid what he is.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:04 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
3 quick comments:

Price was crap last night (same goes for Gorges imo) but wow... I just browsed through the GDT and the amount of hate he, our MVP, received is reminiscent of the 4-5 posters’ obsession with Desharnais! I guess some people are only happy when it rains.

When Pit was on the rush, after passing our blue line, they often had an uncovered player in the high slot. I am not sure why they were so often successful at sneaking in behind our Ds to be honest!

The only bright spot was our Canadiens finding a way to get back in the game and earn a point.
Some fans just need to find a scapegoat when their team loses and need someone to pin the loss on. Since Price let in 7 he's a easy target.. IMO the Habs defensive play or lack there of should get just as much blame as Price for this loss.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:11 AM
overlords
#BargainBanned

One game, people. let it go.

overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Habtchum*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Some fans just need to find a scapegoat when their team loses and need someone to pin the loss on. Since Price let in 7 he's a easy target.. IMO the Habs defensive play or lack there of should get just as much blame as Price for this loss.
Exactly. The whole team played a very crappy defensive game.

This thread looks like when we were dead last in the Conference last season.

Come on !

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:14 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Halak was always consistent for us. And to be fair, I think from evidence so far this year, Price would do just as ****** in STL as Halak.

Halak faces like 1 shot per game now and probably has learnt how to play piano during games.
You're kidding right? Even in his miraculous run, Halak needed a game or two on the bench to regain his composure. What made Halak going instead of Price is very much his inability to play numerous games in a row, he gets exhausted way to fast to be consider consistant nights-in nights-out.

Anksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:14 AM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

We were terrible because the Penguins were rattling us physically with their checking. For once, I would US to be the ones to rattle THEIR soft, weak D. Yeah, we scored 6 goals, but there was practically NO puck possession on our part for most of the game.

Also, the soft fans who don't like hits and probably supports Alex Kovalev's lamentations are probably raging that hitting is still legal in hockey.

MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:15 AM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Exactly. The whole team played a very crappy defensive game.

This thread looks like when we were dead last in the Conference last season.

Come on !
Both teams played like crap defensively yesterday, it could have gone either way.

17/20 points, let's keep it rolling.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote