HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Crazy scheduling quirks...

Old
03-03-2013, 07:51 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

vCash: 500
Crazy scheduling quirks...

This 5 games in 7 days stretch is just nuts but it made me look ahead to see what else is on the horizon and the beginning of April is as weird as I have ever seen; the hawks play April 1 home v Nashville, April 4 home v Blues, April 6 @ Nashville and April 7 home v Nashville!

That's almost like a playoff round, playing the Preds 3 times in 7 days with a game vs the blues mixed in.

And for good measure, they finish the season series with Nashville on April 19th making it four games v them in 19 days!

During those first 7 days of April Nashville also plays Col (4/2) and Columbus (4/4) giving them 5 games in seven days.

This start is so important because giving guys rest in April is going to be paramount before the playoffs start imo. Teams who have to expend copious amounts of energy down the stretch just to get in may be in for a quick exit in this condensed year.

RFIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:29 AM
BobbyJet

I would imagine trying to schedule this shortened season was a nightmare. You're right, the teams must manage their player's ice time in April and those that do should have a distinct advantage in the PO's. (over teams that struggled out of the gate. LA and Rangers come to mind)

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:25 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

What would make it really weird is if we finished the 1 seed and Nashville the 8th. Then we would see them for another 4 (see what I did there?). I'd imagine the only reason the schedule has some weird spots like that is because all the arenas were already booked for other things and they had to pump out a schedule in like 3-4 days if I remember correctly. Hard to schedule around that much when you have to play certain teams a certain amount of times, etc.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:32 AM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

LOL, I just saw that Anaheim and Phoenix are in the middle of playing three CONSECUTIVE games vs each other! One yotes player just said they are treating it as a mini playoff series.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

that's a mini PO series. they are in the same division and the Yotes can not afford to lose more points than they will get in this 3 games

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:00 PM
RFIP
I LOVE CRAWFORD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
that's a mini PO series. they are in the same division and the Yotes can not afford to lose more points than they will get in this 3 games
Hopefully it plays out that way...need to get more separation from Anaheim..they are only 7 points back of us and they have a game in hand. Decent lead but our "correction" is coming, truth be told, theirs is too.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Sarava

I'm not worried about the president's cup or finishing ahead of Anaheim in the conference. I just want the Hawks to be healthy and playing well when the playoffs begin.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Cullksinikers

Anaheim and Dallas play each other three consecutive times sometime this year, as well.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 06:14 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I want to win all games, win in the POs and end with the Cup. That's what I really want. I know that there is little to no chance that this will happen

Would still love it.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote