HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brooks Orpik

Old
03-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Brooks Orpik

What would people be willing to pay for Brooks Orpik? A while ago Blues fan said that a deal around Stewart for Orpik would work but I think they have injuries now so wouldn't be willing to do that just yet. Would other teams be interested?

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:31 AM
drizzydrew22*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
What would people be willing to pay for Brooks Orpik? A while ago Blues fan said that a deal around Stewart for Orpik would work but I think they have injuries now so wouldn't be willing to do that just yet. Would other teams be interested?
Brooks orpik is not for sale, he's the only stay at home defenseman for the penguins and is a leader in the locker room so really this blog should end right here.

drizzydrew22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:51 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Tyler Kennedy for Douglas Murray

Brooks Orpik+ for Chris Stewart

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Hottubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzydrew22 View Post
Brooks orpik is not for sale, he's the only stay at home defenseman for the penguins and is a leader in the locker room so really this blog should end right here.
And you would know this how?

The guy has been playing pretty poor d of late. Chasing players around and looking for hits while taking himself out of position. The Orpik-Letang pairing was a trainwreck last night.

I think if the right deal came along, all pens d are in play. His leadership in the locker room is more valuable if the team is full of young players. Guys like Crosby, Fleury, Malkin, Letang arent 21 anymore. They have all been around awhile and all won cups. That argument of Orpik is not worth near as much to the pens anymore.

Orpik should be able to bring in a top 6 forward that may be needing a change of scenery

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Lemieuxfan

Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
Orpik should be able to bring in a top 6 forward that may be needing a change of scenery
100% agree. Like I said before, Orpik+ for a winger and Niskanen+ for a tough d-man, and even if we only chip out Niskanen, we still have Engelland and Despres who can really play hard, no need for Orpik, he does nothing for us anymore, he doesn't take other players out (with injury) and doesn't play defense

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I'd be surprised if the Pens moved him but his time here is winding down. I highly doubt he's retained when his contract is up after next season. He still has a place in this league. He is still very physical and pretty mobile for a D of his type.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Orpik is for trade. Everyone on the team apart from those with the names Letang, Malkin, Crosby and Fleury are tradable.

Orpik has been terrible this season and for someone who is meant to be a stay at home defenseman he has drifted out and opened it up for the opposition too many times. I doubt he's a leader in the locker room either because if he was then we'd see a change to our D play most likely.

Trade him now before the rest of the league cottons on to how crap he is.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:24 PM
Hizaki
Taylor Swift 1989 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines View Post

I'd love to see both of these.

Hizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:27 PM
SEALBound
RIP Elmer

Quote:

This is a good premise for deals. But let's get a pick or another play in there to get clowe.

SEALBound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

I'd be shocked to see Orpik traded.

At the same time, I think he's pretty well done his time there. A change of scenery would probably do him a ton of good.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:07 PM
drizzydrew22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post

At the same time, I think he's pretty well done his time there. A change of scenery would probably do him a ton of good.
Obviously none of you are penguin fans or watch the games bc what would happen to the pens defense if they got rid of him? They would have letang and Martin as their top pairing and whose after that? Niskanen.. Engelland.. Despres.. Bortuzzo.. That's a ****** defense, orpik is their only stay at home defenseman, enough said

Old
03-03-2013, 01:09 PM
NeedleInTheHay

Quote:
Obviously none of you are penguin fans or watch the games bc what would happen to the pens defense if they got rid of him? They would have letang and Martin as their top pairing and whose after that? Niskanen.. Engelland.. Despres.. Bortuzzo.. That's a ****** defense, orpik is their only stay at home defenseman, enough said
trade orpik for winger, trade 2nd round pick for regher for the playoffs.

NeedleInTheHay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:20 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post

Yep. I think his time is just about over as a Pen. His playoff resume and reputation around the league would entice a GM to deal a top 6 winger.

Promote Despres and add a rental D at the deadline.

Despres-Letang
XXX-Martin
Nisky-Engelland

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:25 PM
drizzydrew22*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedleInTheHay View Post
trade orpik for winger, trade 2nd round pick for regher for the playoffs.
Easier said than done and a 2nd for a guy just the same as orpik especially with this deep draft your crazy their defense is bad enough they don't need to step down any lower

Old
03-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Brooklanders*

I heard the PENS are will to trade Orpik and Kennedy to the Maple Leafs so Im surprised to see this Blues deal. I thought Grabovski would get it done

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:39 PM
NeedleInTheHay

Quote:
Easier said than done and a 2nd for a guy just the same as orpik especially with this deep draft your crazy their defense is bad enough they don't need to step down any lower
Gaustad got them a 1st last deadline and you don't think Regher will cost at least a 2nd? and yes if they move Orpik, they're gonna need to replace him for the playoff run.

NeedleInTheHay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:40 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Pens fans need to stop it with this hot/cold overreactions to their D. One day Despres scores a goal out of the box and everyone wants to trade away Niskanen, because Despres = future Letang, defensive powerhouse forever!!! The next day, everyone is melting down on a ****** day and now we need Douglas Murray of all ****ing people again. It is giving me whiplash.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Pens fans need to stop it with this hot/cold overreactions to their D. One day Despres scores a goal out of the box and everyone wants to trade away Niskanen, because Despres = future Letang, defensive powerhouse forever!!! The next day, everyone is melting down on a ****** day and now we need Douglas Murray of all ****ing people again. It is giving me whiplash.
To be fair, Orpik has been on a steady decline for a good while now and is coming off a year where he was barely more reliable than Paul Martin was...but unlike Martin he hasn't shown any flashes of bouncing back this year.

The need of a stay-at-home defenseman really isn't a pressing 'need' in Bylsma's stupid system. He doesn't know how to use them. See: Michalek, Zbynek

Orpik, with another coach, is still probably a top pairing shut-down guy...but Bylsma's system doesn't play to his strengths and the result is that his game has been corroding. I'm not saying trade him for a pick at the deadline, that would be stupid, but he's not on that untouchables list that he was on for more than a decade anymore.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:46 PM
The YzerJesus
#yzerplan

I definitely wouldn't mind giving up Purcell for Orpik, but for one thing, Orpik is a LHD, something the Bolts have too much of. If maybe Brewer is unloaded, Orpik could be had on the Lightning.

For another, it sounds like Orpik sucks, by the Pens fans

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:15 PM
IcedCapp
Yummy and Delicious

Quote:
yes, we're the ones not watching. Right. Orpik is playing like he's been staying at home. That's the problem.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:17 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:

The Blues are not trading Stewart for Orpik. This is not the struggling Stewart from last season.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:18 PM
IcedCapp
Yummy and Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Completely disagree with you.

People have been pretty steady on what to do with Despres (play him) what to do with Niskanen (trade him) and a good number of people haven't been totally in love with Orpik for quite some time.

Despres should be in the top-4. Nothing has happened this season to change my opinion of that. If Orpik is moved to make room for him up there, I really don't think it hurts the team, based on how he (Orpik) has played for all but the first two games of this season.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:19 PM
WarriorScholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
The Blues are not trading Stewart for Orpik. This is not the struggling Stewart from last season.
Had to go and ruin my day didn't you?

WarriorScholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:20 PM
dogthateats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
100% agree. Like I said before, Orpik+ for a winger and Niskanen+ for a tough d-man, and even if we only chip out Niskanen, we still have Engelland and Despres who can really play hard, no need for Orpik, he does nothing for us anymore,he doesn't take other players out (with injury) and doesn't play defense
I disagree that this would be a good quality for a player to have.

dogthateats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
The YzerJesus
#yzerplan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan View Post
100% agree. Like I said before, Orpik+ for a winger and Niskanen+ for a tough d-man, and even if we only chip out Niskanen, we still have Engelland and Despres who can really play hard, no need for Orpik, he does nothing for us anymore, he doesn't take other players out (with injury) and doesn't play defense
Yeah!

... What?

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote