HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dal-Bos

Old
03-03-2013, 12:10 AM
Frankie Spankie

vCash: 500
I would definitely take that deal but I bet Dallas could get better at the deadline.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:13 AM
fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastNiner View Post
Guess who else doesn't fit the "Big Bad Bruins" model?

Seguin and Krejci. Do you want them traded?

The fact of the matter is that the "Big Bad Bruins" model didn't lead to a cup victory for almost 40 years. You need toughness and skill, and Jagr brings both.

Once again, you've given no solid reasons as to why you wouldn't want Jagr besides, "I don't like him"..
I realize that not every player on the Bruins is tough. I also realize that not every player needs to be tough to win. I don't like Jagr and I never have. I do agree you need toughness and skill to win the cup. Jagr has the skill...but toughness

Nothing personal I just don't want Jagr on the Bruins. I really don't feel we need that type of player. The "Big Bad Bruins" model definitely helped us win the Cup imo. It wasn't the only reason we won the cup. We had skill,tenacity,toughness,great goaltending, great team defense and a horrible pp

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:15 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
On behalf of most Bruin fans let me say this:

Quote:
You certainly don't speak for most Bruins fans who have a clue about hockey though.

Hey smart*** - I'm pretty sure I speak for more knowledgeable Bruin fans than you do. And by the way - after 40 years of watching hockey and cheering for the Bruins I feel pretty confident in my hockey knowledge.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:44 AM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Hey smart*** - I'm pretty sure I speak for more knowledgeable Bruin fans than you do. And by the way - after 40 years of watching hockey and cheering for the Bruins I feel pretty confident in my hockey knowledge.
And, I'd wager you'd be completely wrong about Bruins fans not being willing to trade Caron for Jagr..

I take that trade fifty times out of ten. I really can't believe you wouldn't trade Caron and whatever else in that "package" for Jagr.

EastCoastNiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:48 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
And, I'd wager you'd be completely wrong about Bruins fans not being willing to trade Caron for Jagr..

I take that trade fifty times out of ten. I really can't believe you wouldn't trade Caron and whatever else in that "package" for Jagr.
Jagr doesn't fit, doesn't matter about the value of jagr for caron

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:59 AM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Jagr doesn't fit, doesn't matter about the value of jagr for caron
I'd love to hear how he doesn't fit. You make room for a player like him, even at this stage in his career.

He'd be second in points on the Bruins if he were traded there today. You can claim he doesn't fit, but he would fit just fine here. You still haven't given any legitimate reasons why you wouldn't want Jagr on the Bruins besides him "not fitting" and being "slow".

He'd be perfect for this team. I'd venture to guess you probably never wanted Horton, Pevs, Kelly, etc.

Are you saying you'd rather have Chris Kelly than Jagr? Outside of the PK, Jagr is clearly a better player and would fit just fine. Maybe people would finally stop crying about Chris Bourque is Jagr filled in on the line.

It's fine to disagree, which you do, but there's no substance to your reasoning.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:00 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Quote:

First of all - math is obviously not your strong suit. Secondly - I find it funny that you were so quick to question my hockey knowledge when you don't even know what was in the package that I said I didn't like. Just so you know - I have nothing against picking up Jagr ( although I'm not a big fan of his ) it's just that I think Caron will turn out to be a pretty good 3rd liner once he gets back and Bourque gets sent down.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:08 AM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
First of all - math is obviously not your strong suit. Secondly - I find it funny that you were so quick to question my hockey knowledge when you don't even know what was in the package that I said I didn't like. Just so you know - I have nothing against picking up Jagr ( although I'm not a big fan of his ) it's just that I think Caron will turn out to be a pretty good 3rd liner once he gets back and Bourque gets sent down.
Let me help you out.

"Fifty times out of ten" shows how much I'd rather have Jagr than Caron, Cross, and a 3rd. I didn't think it would be that complicated to understand. Same with the "whatever else is in the package" as I obviously was trying to show that the package is worth less than Jagr.

Fine, you think Caron will be a pretty good third liner. I respect that, but disagree. However, with the Bruins in a position to contend, I don't see why you wouldn't give him up in a trade for Jagr, unless you value Cross and a 3rd quite a bit. If you do, that's fine, but I would definitely rather have Jagr than that package right now. He could really help improve the PP, which has actually looked decent lately.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:16 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Let me help you out.

"Fifty times out of ten" shows how much I'd rather have Jagr than Caron, Cross, and a 3rd. I didn't think it would be that complicated to understand. Same with the "whatever else is in the package" as I obviously was trying to show that the package is worth less than Jagr.

Fine, you think Caron will be a pretty good third liner. I respect that, but disagree. However, with the Bruins in a position to contend, I don't see why you wouldn't give him up in a trade for Jagr, unless you value Cross and a 3rd quite a bit. If you do, that's fine, but I would definitely rather have Jagr than that package right now. He could really help improve the PP, which has actually looked decent lately.
Thanks for the help but I was just being sarcastic. Another reason I don't like this deal is where exactly would you play Jagr ???? I can't see him replacing Seguin or Horton on the top 2 lines and I can't see Jagr willing to play on the 3rd line even if he did get some PP time. But what do I know what with my inferior hockey knowledge ???? Keep in mind that we're both Bruin fans and obviously want to see moves that will help improve the team but I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:23 AM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Thanks for the help but I was just being sarcastic. Another reason I don't like this deal is where exactly would you play Jagr ???? I can't see him replacing Seguin or Horton on the top 2 lines and I can't see Jagr willing to play on the 3rd line even if he did get some PP time. But what do I know what with my inferior hockey knowledge ???? Keep in mind that we're both Bruin fans and obviously want to see moves that will help improve the team but I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this one.
I agree that we both want what's best for the team. My disagreement was more with "The Dangley One" as I did not really get an answer as to why Jagr wouldn't fit.

I wouldn't touch the first two lines. I would place him on the third line.

Jagr-Kelly-Pevs

I don't think that's a bad line at all, and it's an upgrade from Bourque. Throw Jagr on the PP with his puck control and just flat out natural ability, and I think you could see something special.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:25 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
I agree that we both want what's best for the team. My disagreement was more with "The Dangley One" as I did not really get an answer as to why Jagr wouldn't fit.

I wouldn't touch the first two lines. I would place him on the third line.

Jagr-Kelly-Pevs

I don't think that's a bad line at all, and it's an upgrade from Bourque. Throw Jagr on the PP with his puck control and just flat out natural ability, and I think you could see something special.
That's a terrible third line, if the bruins were o acquire jagr he would most certainly play on the top2 lines

Old
03-03-2013, 02:31 AM
EastCoastNiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
That's a terrible third line, if the bruins were o acquire jagr he would most certainly play on the top2 lines
That's a worse third line than Bourque-Kelly-Pevs?

No thanks, Jeff.

If that's a "terrible third line", then the Bruins must have the worst third line in NHL history right now..

How does adding Jagr in place of Bourque NOT improve the third line?

Old
03-03-2013, 02:56 AM
Path Of The Beserker
Greasy Swede

Bruins fan with no knowledge on the subject. Have Krejci and Jagr ever played together internationally? If so, was there any chemistry?

As far as the Morrow aspect of the proposed proposal in this thread. Even with very limited knowledge and hearing some of the Stars fans speak of the aspects he currently lacks, I would take that deal as he would slot in well in the 3rd line imo. Even without the Stars adding the 3rd.

Path Of The Beserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:06 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
That's a worse third line than Bourque-Kelly-Pevs?

No thanks, Jeff.

If that's a "terrible third line", then the Bruins must have the worst third line in NHL history right now..

How does adding Jagr in place of Bourque NOT improve the third line?
Who the **** is Ashley queer?

Jagr would play on the top 2, drop down, Horton or someone

Old
03-03-2013, 08:37 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path Of The Beserker View Post
Bruins fan with no knowledge on the subject. Have Krejci and Jagr ever played together internationally? If so, was there any chemistry?

As far as the Morrow aspect of the proposed proposal in this thread. Even with very limited knowledge and hearing some of the Stars fans speak of the aspects he currently lacks, I would take that deal as he would slot in well in the 3rd line imo. Even without the Stars adding the 3rd.
They really didn't play together in 2010.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:33 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
I would easily do Caron+cross for Morrow+3rd. Without the 3rd I would probably still do it.
Adding a Cross to the equation to get Dallas to add a 3rd is not necessary IMO. I think for the most part Caron for Morrow works. I don't want to give up 3rd for Cross, a guy who you have to admit has looked good, but he also has some serious knee issues in his past.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:54 AM
MarchandNoseBest

I like Jagr and have wanted the Bruins to sign him the last 2 off-seasons, but he doesn't seem to be the Bruins kind of guy. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if he was a target of theirs.

Morrow, OTOH, seems like a very realistic Bruins target. I think he may be the most likely Bruins target of anyone in the NHL at the deadline.

MarchandNoseBest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Bizarro Bandwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post

He'll return more than that.

What about something like Morrow for Caron? Maybe a mid pick from one side to even it out?
Hell yeah, where do I sign?

Bizarro Bandwagoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
On behalf of most Bruin fans let me say this:

You don't speak for all Bruins fans, though I welcome any input you have!

Fastasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post

He'll return more than that.

What about something like Morrow for Caron? Maybe a mid pick from one side to even it out?
Not adverse to Morrow but I would prefer Jagr.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
You certainly don't speak for most Bruins fans who have a clue about hockey though.
Agreed, I think Jagr would fit great with Kelly and Peverley.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Fastasaurus

Quote:
Please, do tell more about "what everything else is".

I'll wait for you to list the garbage stereotypes about him though..

Let me guess, he doesn't fir the "Big Bad Bruins" model or isn't a "Bruins type player". That's the most annoying part about people in the fan base. Those that just want to use those claims all the time as reasons they don't want a certain player.

I'd take Jagr on the Bruins in a nanosecond.
Agreed. I love the physical style the Bruins play, but you also need skill guys.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:06 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro Bandwagoner View Post
Hell yeah, where do I sign?
My guess is you get your wish When Ray Whitney is healthy. He's skating for the first time with the full team during a pre-game skate today, but he won't play. Our best guess is he'll be back by the end of the week. I do believe they'll move quickly with Morrow since they won't want him on the bench, and I believe (could be wrong) that they want Antoine Roussel and Reilly Smith playing in the NHL rather than the AHL.

A perfect situation for Dallas would be:

Eriksson-Benn-Jagr
Whitney-Roy-Cole
Roussel-Eakin-Smith

Caron would provide depth in the AHL for now with Matt Fraser and Tomas Vincour. He really is such an unnecessary piece for the Stars. Next year, he'll still be fighting the players I mentioned plus Alex Chiasson (currently injured) and two new guys out of junior, Brett Ritchie and Matej Stransky.

I just wish Dallas could get a center or D for Morrow instead, but Spooner isn't a reasonable target. It come come down to Pittsburgh being willing to give up Robert Bortuzzo, and Dallas' view of which is the better prospect between him and Caron.

Personally, I'd go for Bortuzzo since he fills a need. He's as close if not closer to NHL ready than Caron, and Dallas needs some bigger, steady defensive D. Caron is the better prospect still, but I don't think he's better than the wings Dallas already has in the mix.

I just can't see another team being involved though. My guess is it's the Pens or Bruins.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

I'd do this trade easily. I'd run to the ****ing bank with Morrow for Caron.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:07 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
I'd do this trade easily. I'd run to the ****ing bank with Morrow for Caron.
It's the trade people should focus on IMO. Morrow doesn't fit in Dallas plans right now. Jagr clearly is guy they have a spot for, and despite hope fading, they still have a realistic shot at the playoffs. They want Jagr to stick around.

Morrow has probably already been replaced.