HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk of 2013 Off-season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2013, 02:44 AM
  #1
QRemparts
Registered User
 
QRemparts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk of 2013 Off-season

2013.05.28 Transfer update



______________________________________________

I know I'm very early but I just want to know when the free agent signing will begin and who are the best players avalaible this years. From my point of view I can only imagine the north american players who may go play in the KHL next year but I dont know what is going on in Russia. The players who have the most chance of moving, who gonna get the biggest contract, which good sweden, finland, cze will come to the KHL? And maybe the possible trade who could happen, and the draft who will be in Donetsk this year...

Just here to discuss from now to the beginning of the next season.


Last edited by SoundAndFury: 05-28-2013 at 10:50 PM. Reason: transfer update
QRemparts is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:52 AM
  #2
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,611
vCash: 500
Yes, it is early... but good idea to create the thread

Quote:
I just want to know when the free agent signing will begin
May 1st

Contracts finishes at 31st of April. Clubs have right to give QO to players during April, to become RFA.

Rumours say that clubs has been scouting Elitserien, SM-Liiga... we will see. There is not so many Swedes in KHL, Fiins in another story.

If Gdansk joins, they will seek players in North America for sure, especially guys with polish ancestors. They want to naturalise them to be able to play for Polish NT.

I can not say about rest of clubs. Only Slovan, scouting Elitserien, SM-Liiga and both slovakia/czech rep. No Ruzicka (Trinec), no Bartek btw

vorky is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 06:00 AM
  #3
seeep
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 417
vCash: 500
Donbass extended contracts with
Kagarlitskiy (2 years)
Wirtanen (1 year)
Holt (1 year) - looks like Ersberg will leave ...

Torpedo extended contract with Hietanen (2 years)

seeep is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 06:49 AM
  #4
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Dinamo Rīga likely to keep Sczechura and will probably buy another batch of AHLers... Don't expect shocking deals from Riga.

Latgale_fan is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 09:34 AM
  #5
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
There is basically no such things as off-season trades in the KHL. And as every year there are tons of players with expiring contracts but at this point that doesn't mean they'll change a team. Good example is Zaripov. He's big name and his contract is expiring but at this point I would say there's no bigger than 10% possibility that he leaves Ak Bars.

At this point it's a guessing game to say which player of those who are worth keeping (played up to the expectations) leaves and which stays. Biggest name I'd say absolutely bound to switch teams imo is Thornberg


Last edited by SoundAndFury: 03-02-2013 at 02:11 PM.
SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:21 AM
  #6
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,611
vCash: 500
Last offseason, Amur gave QO to Vrana, Lev offered him more, Amur did not match, he signed with Lev.

vorky is online now  
Old
03-02-2013, 10:51 AM
  #7
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,705
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
cska need a center for the first line, we'll see if something materializes.

cska78 is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 11:12 AM
  #8
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Last offseason, Amur gave QO to Vrana, Lev offered him more, Amur did not match, he signed with Lev.
As far as I know same happened with Dadonov and Burdasov. Your point is?

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 01:42 PM
  #9
QRemparts
Registered User
 
QRemparts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
I look on eliteprospect and I saw that the best offensive defenseman Renat Mamashev will be free agent, Maybe he will go to a bigger club, and if my memory is good, Koshechkin signed a 2 year deal 2 years ago so is free agent to, I think he will be a perfect fit with SKA no?

QRemparts is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 02:32 PM
  #10
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QRemparts View Post
I look on eliteprospect and I saw that the best offensive defenseman Renat Mamashev will be free agent, Maybe he will go to a bigger club, and if my memory is good, Koshechkin signed a 2 year deal 2 years ago so is free agent to, I think he will be a perfect fit with SKA no?
Mamashev is very far from being the best offensive defenseman but yes, he's been kind of a journeyman throughout his career so I guess he will once again go to the team which is willing to give him the biggest contract. But imo he's no big name, one season wonder, in the right place at the right time.

Koshechkin, on the other hand, is truly a star of the league but Severstal's management understands how much he means to them perfectly well and it doesn't look like he would want to leave so I think he'll just sign an extension and that will do it.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 05:15 PM
  #11
QRemparts
Registered User
 
QRemparts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Just shoot a name who have chance to came to KHL next year, veteran Nikolai Khabibulin, maybe some teams will show some interest to him...

QRemparts is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 06:38 PM
  #12
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QRemparts View Post
Just shoot a name who have chance to came to KHL next year, veteran Nikolai Khabibulin, maybe some teams will show some interest to him...
I think Babchuk is moving back here for sure. Pretty good chance Visnovsky will be back to Slovan, Daugavins I think is done in NHL too, maybe Regin, that would be awesome; maybe Handzus. Andronov and Goncharov almost certainly will come back from the AHL. Also Valabik if Slovan will want him.

NHL aside, Martin Ruzicka has pretty good KHL contract sitting in his pocket after such a spectacular season in Extraliga.

Oh yeah, and just saw him with the assist on Prust's goal, I think Kaberle is in the KHL next year.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-02-2013, 07:23 PM
  #13
Abu
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Possible players coming to KHL from Finland:

Ilari Filppula: Skilled center, a ******* wizard with the puck. Playmaker, but has a okay shot. A bit slow and and not so tough. Finnish playoff MVP and champion from 2010. Older brother of Valtteri Filppula.

Sakari Salminen: Young, fast, skilled winger. Playmaker, but makes also goals. Has said himself that he is a lazy person, needs a coach that is demanding a lot, so that he keeps doing his best. One of the best players in Finland right now.

Mikko Koskinen: A BIG goalie (200 cm). Relies in size, but has improved reflex play. Mentally much stronger that was a year ago. Could also go to NA.

Juha-Pekka Haataja: A right-handed sniper. Has a great attitude. Haataja is more versatile than a average sniper. A good shot. Finnish playoff champion in 2011.

Ivan Huml: A big czech winger/center. A good skater and a good shot. Gets frustrated too easily, but makes points. Lev Prague?

Petri Vehanen: No need to tell who he is?

Justin Azevedo: A tiny canadian center (170 cm). Very fast, great playmaker and great hands. Can also score.

Juha Metsola: A small and young goalie (23 years, 177 cm, 71 kg). Played himself from the back up goalie to starter this season. A quick and athletic. Shootout specialist.

Marko Anttila: A monster sized winger (201 cm, 105 kg). Not a hard hitter, but a points maker. A great shot. Hard to stop when driving to the net. Slow, but has improved skating year by year. Many EHT calls.

Antti Raanta: The best goalie in Finland right now. No big weaknesses. Only 23 years old. Is closer to NHL deal than KHL deal right now, IMO.

Veli-Matti Savinainen: This guy can do it all. A goal in powerplay, 3 hits in the same shift, interceptions, 2 blocked shots on PK and then a clear... You name it. One of the best attitudes I have ever seen. Verstaile with a big V. Not the most skilled forward, but makes stuff happen by doing always his best.

If Zagreb joins to KHL, Borna Rendulic is a player they might be after. Young, big, skilled croatian winger. A great shot. A bit too lazy perhaps.

Abu is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 04:31 AM
  #14
QRemparts
Registered User
 
QRemparts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
Last year, SKA gets two greats young players(Chudinov and Burdasov), and check my list and say if these guys will remains with their team or will go to an other teams

-Nikita Zaitsev
-Viktor Antipin
-Evgeny Timkin
-Anton Lazarev
-Nikita Pivtsakin
-Alexander Osipov
-Miks Indrasis(normally, the best latvian players move away from Riga )

QRemparts is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 04:35 AM
  #15
BalticWarrior
Registered User
 
BalticWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 4,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QRemparts View Post
Last year, SKA gets two greats young players(Chudinov and Burdasov), and check my list and say if these guys will remains with their team or will go to an other teams

-Nikita Zaitsev
-Viktor Antipin
-Evgeny Timkin
-Anton Lazarev
-Nikita Pivtsakin
-Alexander Osipov
-Miks Indrasis(normally, the best latvian players move away from Riga )
I think he stays,atleast till next seasons end.

BalticWarrior is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 04:41 AM
  #16
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
-Nikita Pivtsakin
he resigned for 2y a few days before play-offs 2013. Kalinin of Avangard as well.

vorky is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 07:32 AM
  #17
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QRemparts View Post
Last year, SKA gets two greats young players(Chudinov and Burdasov), and check my list and say if these guys will remains with their team or will go to an other teams

-Nikita Zaitsev
-Viktor Antipin
-Evgeny Timkin
-Anton Lazarev
-Nikita Pivtsakin
-Alexander Osipov
-Miks Indrasis(normally, the best latvian players move away from Riga )
Zaitsev will probably stay. Antipin may have a tryout in tthe NHL. Timkin to stay. Osipov's fate is as unclear as the handling of contracts is in the KHL. Nobody knows which agreements were made about his contract.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 08:06 AM
  #18
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Osipov's fate is as unclear as the handling of contracts is in the KHL. Nobody knows which agreements were made about his contract.
What do you mean?

Antipin has contract for next season with Magnitka. Yes, can be terminated.

vorky is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:38 AM
  #19
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,705
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by QRemparts View Post
Last year, SKA gets two greats young players(Chudinov and Burdasov), and check my list and say if these guys will remains with their team or will go to an other teams

-Nikita Zaitsev
-Viktor Antipin
-Evgeny Timkin
-Anton Lazarev
-Nikita Pivtsakin
-Alexander Osipov
-Miks Indrasis(normally, the best latvian players move away from Riga )

back to ska, they also got Kiselevich from Serverstal and then loaned him there for a year. They also somehow buy out all the rights for young players who have a conflict status, or simply want more money: Tikhonov, Burdasov, Aleksandrov, Chudinov...

cska78 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 09:52 AM
  #20
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
back to ska, they also got Kiselevich from Serverstal and then loaned him there for a year. They also somehow buy out all the rights for young players who have a conflict status, or simply want more money: Tikhonov, Burdasov, Aleksandrov, Chudinov...
Chudinov was RFA (in KHL terms OSA), SKA offered him contract, Severstal did not match it. Similar model works in NHL and nobody complains.

Other guys dont know, rules of KHL players rights are complicated

vorky is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:27 AM
  #21
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QRemparts View Post
-Nikita Zaitsev
-Viktor Antipin
-Evgeny Timkin
-Anton Lazarev
-Nikita Pivtsakin
-Alexander Osipov
-Miks Indrasis(normally, the best latvian players move away from Riga )
Most likely they are all staying. Lazarev is a bit of a question mark maybe since Kuznya are as poor as they are

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:30 AM
  #22
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,705
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Chudinov was RFA (in KHL terms OSA), SKA offered him contract, Severstal did not match it. Similar model works in NHL and nobody complains.

Other guys dont know, rules of KHL players rights are complicated
what kind of offer did it have to be, so severstal would just give up on their best d-man. Certainly not one dictated by the market

cska78 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:32 AM
  #23
Jussi
I am siege face
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 43,486
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu View Post
Possible players coming to KHL from Finland:

Ilari Filppula: Skilled center, a ******* wizard with the puck. Playmaker, but has a okay shot. A bit slow and and not so tough. Finnish playoff MVP and champion from 2010. Older brother of Valtteri Filppula.

Sakari Salminen: Young, fast, skilled winger. Playmaker, but makes also goals. Has said himself that he is a lazy person, needs a coach that is demanding a lot, so that he keeps doing his best. One of the best players in Finland right now.

Mikko Koskinen: A BIG goalie (200 cm). Relies in size, but has improved reflex play. Mentally much stronger that was a year ago. Could also go to NA.

Juha-Pekka Haataja: A right-handed sniper. Has a great attitude. Haataja is more versatile than a average sniper. A good shot. Finnish playoff champion in 2011.

Ivan Huml: A big czech winger/center. A good skater and a good shot. Gets frustrated too easily, but makes points. Lev Prague?

Petri Vehanen: No need to tell who he is?

Justin Azevedo: A tiny canadian center (170 cm). Very fast, great playmaker and great hands. Can also score.

Juha Metsola: A small and young goalie (23 years, 177 cm, 71 kg). Played himself from the back up goalie to starter this season. A quick and athletic. Shootout specialist.

Marko Anttila: A monster sized winger (201 cm, 105 kg). Not a hard hitter, but a points maker. A great shot. Hard to stop when driving to the net. Slow, but has improved skating year by year. Many EHT calls.

Antti Raanta: The best goalie in Finland right now. No big weaknesses. Only 23 years old. Is closer to NHL deal than KHL deal right now, IMO.

Veli-Matti Savinainen: This guy can do it all. A goal in powerplay, 3 hits in the same shift, interceptions, 2 blocked shots on PK and then a clear... You name it. One of the best attitudes I have ever seen. Verstaile with a big V. Not the most skilled forward, but makes stuff happen by doing always his best.

If Zagreb joins to KHL, Borna Rendulic is a player they might be after. Young, big, skilled croatian winger. A great shot. A bit too lazy perhaps.
Has a multiyear contract with Jokerit that pays handsomely i believe. He doesn't have a KHL cluase and Jokerit don't have intentions to sell. He also hasn't expressed interest in the KHL. His health probably scares a lot of teams too, from what I've understood his groin injury is somewhat chronic and surgery can't fix it.

Jussi is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 10:41 AM
  #24
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
what kind of offer did it have to be, so severstal would just give up on their best d-man. Certainly not one dictated by the market
Is there some kind of compensation as in the NHL? Because if not that's pretty pretty pretty bad. That RFA rule becomes kinda useless.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 11:04 AM
  #25
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Is there some kind of compensation as in the NHL? Because if not that's pretty pretty pretty bad. That RFA rule becomes kinda useless.
yes, there is

vorky is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.