Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Flames 1st pick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
They wouldn't bite.

Berglund is one of the most untouchable players, unless they are upgrading the C position. He's young, big, and looks like he finally found his offensive game.

Giordano + Nemo for Cole + 1st or Schwartz + 1st.

Nemo actually has negative value at this point...so adding him is not going to help

Gio has been horrible but some desperate team may bite....

Old
03-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan View Post
Nemo actually has negative value at this point...so adding him is not going to help

Gio has been horrible but some desperate team may bite....
I think "horrible" is an overstatement. Somewhat absurd. A team like the Blues could/would use/pay a decent price for Giordano. He would fill-out their top 4 nicely.

Nemo was added to even out the contracts.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

On the CBC hotstove earlier today, they speculated that while the Flames haven't yet approached Bouwmeester to waive his NTC, they could soon receive an offer that would make them do so.

On the one hand, I'm not sure why the Flames are rushing to trade Bouwmeester. He's been the Flames best defensemen this season and under Hartley, we can finally see why he was so highly regarded while in Florida. Not to mention it doesn't seem like the Flames would be able to absorb the loss of his minutes with ease. If they want to be competitive, trading away their best defensemen doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

On the other hand, given Bouweester's play this season, maybe the team decided to engage in some smart asset management for once and trade a guy while his value is high. Granted, that seems like a stretch considering this organizations prior history. Everything depends on the return - first round picks plus prospects would be ideal but maybe the team approaches a trade in the same way they did with Regehr. Perhaps they've identified a young defensemen or centre in another organization and are looking to trade for him, as opposed to a package heavy on picks plus other stuff. That would be disastrous I think, considering Feaster pro-hockey awareness is abysmal. Recall, he's the guy that thought Fedetenko was worth the 4th overall draft pick, that Shane O'Brien was worth a first, that Butler was an above average defensemen and that Byron was worth a 2nd round pick.

It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Old
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

Since you guys were willing to give up a 1st for O'Reilly would you give one up for Weiss, he is an impending UFA but has better track record than O'Reilly.

Weiss + 3rd for 2013 1st

Old
03-02-2013, 09:58 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
Since you guys were willing to give up a 1st for O'Reilly would you give one up for Weiss, he is an impending UFA but has better track record than O'Reilly.

Weiss + 3rd for 2013 1st
Are people seriously this jaded? ROR is a good, young two way C with 1st line upside. Weiss is none of those.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:01 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Weiss is struggling this year and is a UFA. Different situation than a younger RoR who had a lot of potential to get better. Plus he would've still been an RFA

Old
03-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:

Weiss + 3rd for 2013 1st
No...

If you were in Calgary's position, would you do this? Poor asset management.

Old
03-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
On the CBC hotstove earlier today, they speculated that while the Flames haven't yet approached Bouwmeester to waive his NTC, they could soon receive an offer that would make them do so.

On the one hand, I'm not sure why the Flames are rushing to trade Bouwmeester. He's been the Flames best defensemen this season and under Hartley, we can finally see why he was so highly regarded while in Florida. Not to mention it doesn't seem like the Flames would be able to absorb the loss of his minutes with ease. If they want to be competitive, trading away their best defensemen doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

On the other hand, given Bouweester's play this season, maybe the team decided to engage in some smart asset management for once and trade a guy while his value is high. Granted, that seems like a stretch considering this organizations prior history. Everything depends on the return - first round picks plus prospects would be ideal but maybe the team approaches a trade in the same way they did with Regehr. Perhaps they've identified a young defensemen or centre in another organization and are looking to trade for him, as opposed to a package heavy on picks plus other stuff. That would be disastrous I think, considering Feaster pro-hockey awareness is abysmal. Recall, he's the guy that thought Fedetenko was worth the 4th overall draft pick, that Shane O'Brien was worth a first, that Butler was an above average defensemen and that Byron was worth a 2nd round pick.

Very interesting..

I'd imagine they would want something for now, and the future. Elliot Friedman also said they wanted to get "bigger and tougher."

I suggest:

Grossman + Rinaldo + 2013 1st

for

JayBow and Jackman.

I hope it something around Couts though...! (I could see it after the ROR ordeal.)

Old
03-02-2013, 11:15 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Very interesting..

I'd imagine they would want something for now, and the future. Elliot Friedman also said they wanted to get "bigger and tougher."

I suggest:

for

JayBow and Jackman.

I hope it something around Couts though...! (I could see it after the ROR ordeal.)
Grossman and Rinaldo? Hell no.

Old
03-02-2013, 11:24 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Very interesting..

I suggest:

for

JayBow and Jackman.

God that makes want to cry

Old
03-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:

What makes you think the lames are rushing to trade Bouwmeester. There is nothing that indicates that at all, in fact everything said on the CBC hotstove indicates the complete opposite.

And teams rarely if ever trade a player while they are playing their best unless their contract is about to expire. Teams don't embrace rebuilding its something that just happens to most clubs and then they run with it when it happens.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

I cant remember who the poster is here on the Flames board that keeps suggesting to trade Gio for a good shut down damn. I've had a few glasses of vino, but what do you guys think about offering Gio for Orpik?

While this isn't a rebuilding trade, perhaps Orpik would help us more than Gio right now being that we already have guys like Jbo, Wideman and Brodie. I'm also completely open to moving Gio for a good young centre. Moving Jbo IMO is a mistake, he's our easily our best dman and we should be looking to resign him.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
What makes you think the lames are rushing to trade Bouwmeester. There is nothing that indicates that at all, in fact everything said on the CBC hotstove indicates the complete opposite.

And teams rarely if ever trade a player while they are playing their best unless their contract is about to expire. Teams don't embrace rebuilding its something that just happens to most clubs and then they run with it when it happens.
Maybe rushing wasn't the right word. Rather, I speculate as why the Flames are entertaining the thought of trading Bouwmeester at all preciously for that reason - he's playing his best right now so why are there rumors of him being a potential trade target? There's enough smoke by enough credible sources to suggest there's something going on.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Maybe rushing wasn't the right word. Rather, I speculate as why the Flames are entertaining the thought of trading Bouwmeester at all preciously for that reason - he's playing his best right now so why are there rumors of him being a potential trade target? There's enough smoke by enough credible sources to suggest there's something going on.
If a GM isn't listening to offers he isn't doing his job. And the speculation is that an offer will come that will change his mind about trading him.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
If a GM isn't listening to offers he isn't doing his job. And the speculation is that an offer will come that will change his mind about trading him.
I didn't get the impression the Flames were hesitating to trade Bouwmeester at all, rather they simply hadn't yet received an offer that would make them approach Bouwmeester and ask him to waive. And since I don't trust Feaster's ability to adeptly determine what constitutes a good hockey player, I speculate as to why he's making the move given that he wants to keep the Flames competitive this season - is it plausible that a return that could not only successfully mitigate the loss of Bouwmeester but also make the team better right now? I don't believe so.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:17 AM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Grossman and Rinaldo? Hell no.
Well to be fair, it was Grossman and 2013 1st for Jay...

Rinaldo was a slight upgrade on Jackman. Either way, looks like I have the value messed up?

Old
03-03-2013, 09:16 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVicious View Post

Kipper and Sarich to Washington for 1st and prospect

Washington may be a lottery team, can't see then giving uo that pick for a player, Kipper, they don't need, especially since he's near the end of the line.

THat would be like Calgary giving up its 1st pick for Robidas.

Old
03-03-2013, 09:56 AM
IceManCat
A New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Are people seriously this jaded? ROR is a good, young two way C with 1st line upside. Weiss is none of those.
You really think Ryan O'Reilly will be better than a 60 point average center? I'm sorry but you are the one jaded..For your information I think its ludicrous to trade a 5-8 first round pick for Ryan O'Reilly. I would never do it, nor would I do it for Weiss..But your GM apparently thought this was a good idea. Reilly will probably become another Weiss except he'll get paid more.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:06 AM
FlamingTelepath

vCash: 1383
Quote:
he's the guy that thought Fedetenko was worth the 4th overall draft pick
Tampa also got two 2nd rounders in that trade. And two years later Fedotenko led the team in goals (12) in the Stanley Cup playoffs. I'm sure most here know how that playoff run ended for Tampa. Just to show how that trade wasn't exactly disastrous for Tampa at the end of the day.

I completely agree with you about JayBo and selling high. If he can net us a young top-6 center Feaster should absolutely pull the trigger, I don't care how our blueline looks afterwards. The hole in D can IMO be filled from within the system in a few years time (Wotherspoon, Breen, Sieloff, Culkin) where as in center we still have basically nothing except Jankowski.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:06 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
You really think Ryan O'Reilly will be better than a 60 point average center? I'm sorry but you are the one jaded
Well, he scored 55 points as a 21 year old, so it's certainly not insane to suggest he has the upside to score more than 60 points.

Plus you need to factor in that he's a great defensive centre with elite face off skills.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:18 AM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Well to be fair, it was Grossman and 2013 1st for Jay...

Rinaldo was a slight upgrade on Jackman. Either way, looks like I have the value messed up?
Just doesn't look like a deal where I'd ask him to waive his NMC

Old
03-03-2013, 10:19 AM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
You really think Ryan O'Reilly will be better than a 60 point average center? I'm sorry but you are the one jaded..For your information I think its ludicrous to trade a 5-8 first round pick for Ryan O'Reilly. I would never do it, nor would I do it for Weiss..But your GM apparently thought this was a good idea. Reilly will probably become another Weiss except he'll get paid more.
How many 5-8 picks become as good as RoR or even Weiss who was picked 4th overall

Old
03-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Nordberg

Quote:
What a spectacular overreaction. I'd say a 5-8 overall pick is likely to turn into a player of equal value to ROR, but since a 21 yr old sure thing elite #2 center is a lot more of a safe asset than a draft pick, that's actually a trade that would be skewed in the other direction.

I'm not even sure why you're in here, on another team's board basically flaming posters after making an offer that you(hopefully) didn't think through very well.

Old
03-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
And reading this post leads me to believe I'd be better off having a debate with a wall.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
Just doesn't look like a deal where I'd ask him to waive his NMC
Fair enough, I just really see Philly being a team strongly interested in Jay.. (obviously speculation.)

JayBow + 1.5 cap-space

for

Grossman + Laughton + 1st 2013

Grossman brings the muscle/size, and replaces some of the minutes lost. He's also signed to a decent contract. Laughton also brings more grit to our centre position (prospects) and looks very promising... 2013 1st is self-explanatory.

Closed Thread