HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk of 2013 Off-season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2013, 11:14 AM
  #26
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
yes, there is
What is it?

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 03:11 PM
  #27
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
What is it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw

Though probably that's true I can imagine SKA give Severstal such money or more under the table to get Chudinov, like with Dārziņ and AK Bars - Riga deal

Latgale_fan is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 03:22 PM
  #28
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QRemparts View Post
-Miks Indrasis(normally, the best latvian players move away from Riga )
Well Karsums still is better, though hasn't been taken yet, so we'll see. Galviņš had a bad year with all the ''captain'' thing and stuff, but he can be good and now he has one of the best +/- in Cup of Hope, there was an interest in him even this season. Last WC, at least the successful part of it for us, he was stellar. Indrašis potentially can be very good, just needs to bulk up even more and improve in some other areas like reading the game. But I don't think he'll leave already after this season, if next one is even bigger improvement then yes.

Džeriņš has had a great year (at least for his standards) in KHL and it puzzles me why Nolan didn't take him to the OG qualification. but all's well that ends well. And now, with the old buddy Bukarts at his side and scoring goals off his passes he's even better. Though neither he, nor Bukarts are ones that might be interesting to other KHL clubs but with the performance as it is now, they could as well play a bigger role next season. A lot will depend on foreigner selection for Riga though, at least we can agree that you can't suck more than they did this year... if you're not Avto, that is

The good thing is- I don't see anyone leaving this year's team yet and some (Sprukts or Miķelis) might return. Plus if they manage to get their hands on Kuzmenkovs (1993) from Liepāja or some other kids (or young Bukarts, though at the moment it seems to me he's not giving his 100%), young players for next year might have more potential than Biezais and Bičevskis.

Latgale_fan is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 03:46 PM
  #29
QRemparts
Registered User
 
QRemparts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 43
vCash: 500
If we look at the teams who are the most agressive during free agent, CSKA, SKA and the others...

SKA:
-Thikonov will probably go to NA and give a last chance to the Coyotes, so they will need some big name to play in the top 6.
-The defense group looks strong, Dallman-Kalinin-Alexandrov will be back, Chudinov will probably be back(maybe will try is chance with the Bruins)
-And they need a number one goalie, ezhov is a good number 2 but not more...

CSKA:
-They will probably keep Igor Radulov so they will need a number one center to replace Niklas Persson. And they need to build something strong on the 2nd line as well. The bottom 6 looks ok to me.
-After Rylov, they have Denisov and Ryasensky but they will loose Morrisonn. For me Ozhiganov and Marchenko deserves to be the 5th and 6th defenseman next year so they need a #2 defensman to play with Rylov.
-Stana looks great this year but they need a better 2nd goalie...


So the top 2 teams need improvment so its going to be good to follow this. And others teams like Kazan, Salavat, Magnitogorsk and Chelyabinsk could get some good players...

QRemparts is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:41 PM
  #30
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
What do you mean?

Antipin has contract for next season with Magnitka. Yes, can be terminated.
Osipov went from Amur to AkBars to Atlant(for Zherdev) to SKA. As we all know a lot of deadline deals are reversed after the season in the KHL. It's just how it is. Who knows where he ends up after the season. It's basically SKA's money and influence against probable agreements made before he came to SKA.

As for Antipin, I don't think MMG will hold on to him if he really wants to try. There were already rumors after the end of the lockout about him going to Ottawa, obviously because of Gonchar.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:44 PM
  #31
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QRemparts View Post
If we look at the teams who are the most agressive during free agent, CSKA, SKA and the others...

SKA:
-Thikonov will probably go to NA and give a last chance to the Coyotes, so they will need some big name to play in the top 6.
-The defense group looks strong, Dallman-Kalinin-Alexandrov will be back, Chudinov will probably be back(maybe will try is chance with the Bruins)
-And they need a number one goalie, ezhov is a good number 2 but not more...

CSKA:
-They will probably keep Igor Radulov so they will need a number one center to replace Niklas Persson. And they need to build something strong on the 2nd line as well. The bottom 6 looks ok to me.
-After Rylov, they have Denisov and Ryasensky but they will loose Morrisonn. For me Ozhiganov and Marchenko deserves to be the 5th and 6th defenseman next year so they need a #2 defensman to play with Rylov.
-Stana looks great this year but they need a better 2nd goalie...


So the top 2 teams need improvment so its going to be good to follow this. And others teams like Kazan, Salavat, Magnitogorsk and Chelyabinsk could get some good players...
Not true. He's just young. Right now he's not the goalie to carry a team with SKA's aspirations through the playoffs, but he will be in a couple of years.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 06:46 PM
  #32
ALF AmericanLionsFan
Registered User
 
ALF AmericanLionsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio USA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,571
vCash: 500
Will Igor Grigorenko stay in CSKA?

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:13 AM
  #33
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,619
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by QRemparts View Post
If we look at the teams who are the most agressive during free agent, CSKA, SKA and the others...

SKA:
-Thikonov will probably go to NA and give a last chance to the Coyotes, so they will need some big name to play in the top 6.
-The defense group looks strong, Dallman-Kalinin-Alexandrov will be back, Chudinov will probably be back(maybe will try is chance with the Bruins)
-And they need a number one goalie, ezhov is a good number 2 but not more...

CSKA:
-They will probably keep Igor Radulov so they will need a number one center to replace Niklas Persson. And they need to build something strong on the 2nd line as well. The bottom 6 looks ok to me.
-After Rylov, they have Denisov and Ryasensky but they will loose Morrisonn. For me Ozhiganov and Marchenko deserves to be the 5th and 6th defenseman next year so they need a #2 defensman to play with Rylov.
-Stana looks great this year but they need a better 2nd goalie...


So the top 2 teams need improvment so its going to be good to follow this. And others teams like Kazan, Salavat, Magnitogorsk and Chelyabinsk could get some good players...
Persson wants to stay in CSKA and I am ok with him as a 2nd (best 3rd) line center. Why do you think Morrison is a goner if he proves himself? The biggest need is again first line center

cska78 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 08:30 AM
  #34
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
The biggest need is again first line center
Datsyuk not good enough?

vorky is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 09:13 AM
  #35
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,619
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Datsyuk not good enough?
I take it gladly)

cska78 is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 06:42 PM
  #36
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,116
vCash: 500
Apparently Sather really wants Zuccarello back to NY despite all of his SHORTcomings so I guess he's pretty much gone, at least for some time.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 10:32 PM
  #37
yunost
Registered User
 
yunost's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Bud Holloway has been tearing the Eliteserien for two years now. His contract is up, would like to see him get signed to a KHL team. Maybe Magnitogorsk, then instead of Zucharello they can have Hodgeman and Holloway, and O'Reilly. Pretty much the best Canadians outside the NHL, and if they win tomorrow and Paul Morice stays, they can even have a Canadian coach. That would be an intense Canadian stronghold in the Ural mountains

yunost is offline  
Old
03-04-2013, 11:24 PM
  #38
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunost View Post
Bud Holloway has been tearing the Eliteserien for two years now. His contract is up, would like to see him get signed to a KHL team. Maybe Magnitogorsk, then instead of Zucharello they can have Hodgeman and Holloway, and O'Reilly. Pretty much the best Canadians outside the NHL, and if they win tomorrow and Paul Morice stays, they can even have a Canadian coach. That would be an intense Canadian stronghold in the Ural mountains
Somehow I thought he has a contract for one more year. Yeah with his numbers he's definitely on the radars of KHL clubs, he would improve any of them.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 05:45 PM
  #39
metmag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nepean
Country: Canada
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Would anybody be able to speculate on how much he could be offered? I assume if he went back to NA, he could be offered around 1.7mil 2-way contract

metmag is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 06:13 PM
  #40
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
I take it gladly)
Won't happen ever again probably.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 06:17 PM
  #41
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunost View Post
Bud Holloway has been tearing the Eliteserien for two years now. His contract is up, would like to see him get signed to a KHL team. Maybe Magnitogorsk, then instead of Zucharello they can have Hodgeman and Holloway, and O'Reilly. Pretty much the best Canadians outside the NHL, and if they win tomorrow and Paul Morice stays, they can even have a Canadian coach. That would be an intense Canadian stronghold in the Ural mountains
That is now all in the stars.

Atas2000 is offline  
Old
03-05-2013, 09:30 PM
  #42
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
Would anybody be able to speculate on how much he could be offered? I assume if he went back to NA, he could be offered around 1.7mil 2-way contract
Could you name any contract similar to this? Nobody offers a 2-way deal this big because there's no point to do it.

I think he would get 500 - 700k per season in the KHL.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 02:07 AM
  #43
metmag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nepean
Country: Canada
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Could you name any contract similar to this? Nobody offers a 2-way deal this big because there's no point to do it.

I think he would get 500 - 700k per season in the KHL.
You could be right, although I still stay by my 1.5ish mil number and here's why:

I think he is past the 500-700 entry level deal.
He is literally dominating the SEL and doing better that Swedish players who come and make it in the NHL. For example Silfverberg. So he could very easily be worth the money. At the same time he is a late bloomer and clearly doesnt have impressive numbers in NA. That is my reasoning. In the NHL he would be a hit or a miss.

This is why even for him and his personal development he should come to the KHL, something like Linus Omark. Similar to Justin Hodgeman, he has outgrown top European domestic leagues and needs to try the Kontinental league before reassessing his options. He has obviously transitioned well to the large surface.

metmag is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 10:17 AM
  #44
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by metmag View Post
You could be right, although I still stay by my 1.5ish mil number and here's why:

I think he is past the 500-700 entry level deal.
He is literally dominating the SEL and doing better that Swedish players who come and make it in the NHL. For example Silfverberg. So he could very easily be worth the money. At the same time he is a late bloomer and clearly doesnt have impressive numbers in NA. That is my reasoning. In the NHL he would be a hit or a miss.
Sifverberg and Holloway are completely different players although that's not relevant to discussion. The number is not the problem, the problem is that I don't see Holloway accepting a two-way deal after such great seasons in Sweden. I don't think he's interested in playing in the AHL not to mention the money he'd lose. These hit or miss players sign short term, low money (~800k), one way deals which are terminated if it doesn't work out. Kovalev is recent example of such case.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 10:35 AM
  #45
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,619
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Sifverberg and Holloway are completely different players although that's not relevant to discussion. The number is not the problem, the problem is that I don't see Holloway accepting a two-way deal after such great seasons in Sweden. I don't think he's interested in playing in the AHL not to mention the money he'd lose. These hit or miss players sign short term, low money (~800k), one way deals which are terminated if it doesn't work out. Kovalev is recent example of such case.
Kovalev has just gotten old, he couldn't perform in the KHL either the last time he was seen there. To call him a hit or miss player is wrong.

cska78 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 11:01 AM
  #46
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
To call him a hit or miss player is wrong.
So how would you call it? I knew he's washed up, you knew he's washed up but Tallon apparently didn't so for Panthets he was hit or miss player.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 11:14 AM
  #47
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,619
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
So how would you call it? I knew he's washed up, you knew he's washed up but Tallon apparently didn't so for Panthets he was hit or miss player.
so specify Kovalev-Today...Calling Kovalev an exceptional talent and a great player a hit or miss, imho is a blasphemy.

cska78 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 11:27 AM
  #48
SoundAndFury
Registered User
 
SoundAndFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
so specify Kovalev-Today...Calling Kovalev an exceptional talent and a great player a hit or miss, imho is a blasphemy.
Oh you meant it that way.. No, I was just talking about his return, I thought that was pretty clear.

SoundAndFury is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 04:51 PM
  #49
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,619
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Emelin and Waisfield are transferring to Avto, I think Kuznya is doomed.

cska78 is offline  
Old
03-06-2013, 05:29 PM
  #50
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,081
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
so specify Kovalev-Today...Calling Kovalev an exceptional talent and a great player a hit or miss, imho is a blasphemy.
I agree with you. He lost all of his speed and intensity.. He is himself dellusional, before the season claiming that he is still better than some of the young guys in the league. If only he could see himself play, he looked like a lazy beer leaguer out there - a joke. He stopped moving his feet, just coasted. Jagr and Selanne can still do it because they got the intensity, the conditioning and the speed.... Kovy had none of that left, he was abysmal in every aspect.


Last edited by malkinfan: 03-06-2013 at 05:35 PM.
malkinfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.