HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your Top 6 Forward to New Jersey

Old
03-03-2013, 07:50 AM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

vCash: 500
Nikolai Kulemin for Stefan Matteau

or

Mikhail Grabovski for Stefan Matteau + Jacob Josefson

or

Mikhail Grabovski for Jacob Josefson + Blake Pietila + 2nd round pick 2013

or

Clarke MacArthur for Blake Pietila + 3rd round pick 2013

or

Clarke MacArthur for Alexander Urbom + 3rd round pick 2013

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Jerzey Devil

Maybe if Deboer keeps benching Volch he'll request a trade. At this point I'd be willing to part with any of our NHL defense men with the exception of Larsson (I'd even consider trading him for the right over payment).

Ideally we'd like to trade Volch and Tallinder but we wouldn't get the return we need. We're going to have to part with Greene or Fayne and pair them with JJ and/or a prospect to get anything worth a damn.

Our offense needs desperate help right now although a lot has to do with Henrique and Clarkson being virtually invisible lately and Kovy and Elias not having much help.

Jerzey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 08:23 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post

or

or

or

or

First things first, Matteau is not getting traded.

I'd do Grabovski for Josefson+Urbom+pick, but Toronto will have to eat some salary.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:44 AM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
The two pieces I would want I don't think Devil fans would want to move in Fayne and Larsson.
I would offer Purcell + for Larsson and I think Purcell straight up for Fayne is close.
I doubt you would want to move either though. Purcell is a RW but can play either wing.
You can say only reason Purcell is good is cause of who he plays with but we can also say your D are only good cause of your defensive system.
Yes. Would Devils fans do Purcell for Fayne? We need a good, physical RHD. I doubt Fayne is up for sale though.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:45 AM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

I'd do Macarthur for Pietrila and a 3rd. Also to the person who suggested Morrow for Volchenkov...personally I wouldn't want to see him moved. He's under performed but the team is so much softer without him. (Although I'd move him in that proposed Cammy trade.) Would Tallinder for Morrow get it done?

And I very much doubt Fayne would be for sale.

MJMazzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:06 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADevil3034 View Post
If nothing else works out, I could see a deal like this being a fall-back for Lou.

I'd do that deal. Stafford's inconsistency could be an issue, but at this point, we really will take any semblance of a top-6 winger.

I would totally take Gio back on a reduced salary, but not at the cost of Gélinas. Would you swap him out for Urbom?

The Devils have no interest in trading Ponikarovsky. Despite the hate he's gotten of late, Zidlicky also most likely won't be traded.
You don't trade a 29 yr old legit top winger for a 36 yr old dman anyway.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:22 PM
SteveCangialosi123

The most intriguing offer for me was Volch for Cammalleri. There would be picks involved but I'd seriously consider that.

SteveCangialosi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:33 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
The most intriguing offer for me was Volch for Cammalleri. There would be picks involved but I'd seriously consider that.
That Macarthur deal isn't intriguing? Granted I'd say Cammy is the better player but Macarthur could most likely be obtained for cheaper and if that Blake Pietila + 3rd round pick 2013 proposal is any indication on Macarthur's value then it would be a steal. Coming off two 20 goal seasons he would also be a more consistent option then the likes of Stafford IMO.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post

or

or

or

or

Don't foresee the Devils trading any high picks, we don't have our third in this years draft.

Pietila's value is nowhere near Urbom's either.

I am in the boat where I'd like us to keep our youth and trade Tallinder for a 3RW to address that issue. I don't think this team needs a top six forward enough and doesn't have the assets to pull it off unless we give up someone we'd regret like Matteau or Josefson.

Basically this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey Devil View Post
Maybe if Deboer keeps benching Volch he'll request a trade. At this point I'd be willing to part with any of our NHL defense men with the exception of Larsson (I'd even consider trading him for the right over payment).

Ideally we'd like to trade Volch and Tallinder but we wouldn't get the return we need. We're going to have to part with Greene or Fayne and pair them with JJ and/or a prospect to get anything worth a damn.

Our offense needs desperate help right now although a lot has to do with Henrique and Clarkson being virtually invisible lately and Kovy and Elias not having much help.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

MacArthur for a 2nd/prospect (Mainly because he could very well lose his spot soon.)

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa

Stafford for Tallinder +

Irving Zisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Irving Zisman
Really Bad Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisent42 View Post
Stafford. If it was up to me, he could be had for a conditional 7th pick (the condition being if he ever scores a goal). However, the guy has some potential, he's a 30 goal scorer and could thrive from a change of scenery. I'd be interested in JJ. Or Tedenby. Both of them impressed me a lot while playing in Sweden.
I'd strongly consider Stafford for JJ. I think that's a good deal for both teams.

Irving Zisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 05:20 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irving Zisman View Post
I'd strongly consider Stafford for JJ. I think that's a good deal for both teams.
Depending what Stafford you get. The guy has been wildly inconsistent as of late but can be a 30 goal scorer.

How about Tallinder + JJ for Stafford?

Old
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
Depending what Stafford you get. The guy has been wildly inconsistent as of late but can be a 30 goal scorer.

How about Tallinder + JJ for Stafford?
He has 8 points in 22 games, I'd rather wait to see if JJ comes around before adding him as a throw in

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 07:12 PM
JWINK19
southern Devils fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
What about Cammalleri for Volchenkov and a 2nd?
What time should I swing by to pick up Cammalleri?

JWINK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:00 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWINK19 View Post
What time should I swing by to pick up Cammalleri?
The same day and time Volch would allow his NTC to be waived.

I know a lot of people aren't big Volchenkov fans but to me I think Tallinder is the more realistic option as far as trade is concerned. So if you sub Tallinder for Volchenkov in this deal...would we still be OK?

Old
03-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Rielly4

the leafs need to make some moves regarding there forward positions... We dont really need too but Kulemin and Grabovski could be up for sale. I dont know new jersey players as well as you guys do, but the guys i like on your team are Clarkson and Henrique... But im sure you wouldnt want to trade those guys.

Grabovksi- Sure fire 50 point top 6 center who works his ass off and has great speed a rocket of a shot and good hands, his passing game is average and also an average cycler, good two way player.

Kulemim-not the 30 goal scorer he once was, also works hard tremendous two way player with size but his hands are near terrible and his speed is average. Hard snap shot when he gets it off.

Let me know about Matteau, Tedenby and Henrique and how they play, also would have interest in Fayne but i know you guys are high on him right now.

Rielly4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:18 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rielly4 View Post
the leafs need to make some moves regarding there forward positions... We dont really need too but Kulemin and Grabovski could be up for sale. I dont know new jersey players as well as you guys do, but the guys i like on your team are Clarkson and Henrique... But im sure you wouldnt want to trade those guys.

Grabovksi- Sure fire 50 point top 6 center who works his ass off and has great speed a rocket of a shot and good hands, his passing game is average and also an average cycler, good two way player.

Kulemim-not the 30 goal scorer he once was, also works hard tremendous two way player with size but his hands are near terrible and his speed is average. Hard snap shot when he gets it off.

Let me know about Matteau, Tedenby and Henrique and how they play, also would have interest in Fayne but i know you guys are high on him right now.
It would take a massive overpayment for Fayne and Henrique to be considered. We are extremely deep at center and I doubt any of our centers would be moved. Unless Grabo can play wing I don't see why the Devils trade for him. Especially trading a younger player with a much higher upside and a better contract. (Henrique) to get him. As far as Fayne goes he is our top young defenseman (not named Larsson)

Tedenby had a great (I should say decent) year back when Maclean/Lemaire coached us. He (like JJ) has shown flashes of brilliance, he's a speedy winger, small, not great on the boards but has the potential to at least score 10-15 in the right system. The reason I believe he has floundered in NJ right now is because his style of play clashes with the Devils' current system (Deboer doesn't really trust him either). However with a change of scenery he could blossom into a really special player (the ones Devils fans were expecting when he was drafted. At the time he was drafted he drew comparisons to St. Louis.)

Jury is still out on Matteau. He has made a few rookie mistakes but has so far been a solid, relable rookie who is due for more goals then what he has been dishing out. Kid really tries hard out there and it shows when you watch him play. Good vision, OK speed and handling...what he will become will more so come into fruition next year. I just don't see NJ trading him based on his ceiling alone.

Last edited by MJMazzarone: 03-04-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old
03-04-2013, 12:56 AM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
The two pieces I would want I don't think Devil fans would want to move in Fayne and Larsson.
I would offer Purcell + for Larsson and I think Purcell straight up for Fayne is close.
I doubt you would want to move either though. Purcell is a RW but can play either wing.
You can say only reason Purcell is good is cause of who he plays with but we can also say your D are only good cause of your defensive system.
I should have stopped reading at the first bolded fragment.
I should have left the thread at the second bolded fragment.
I really just don't know what to say after the last part of your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Klinkhammer View Post
Yes. Would Devils fans do Purcell for Fayne? We need a good, physical RHD. I doubt Fayne is up for sale though.
Overpay for him with something that will make our mouths water and we'll pay attention. Otherwise, don't even bother.

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 01:22 AM
PAZ

vCash: 50
Something based around Jones?

Preferably Greene, but I don't know his price tag. Tallinder if Greene's asking price is high.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:58 AM
hlaverty06

Quote:
What the **** am I reading

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:05 AM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
What the **** am I reading
I'm not sure that there is anyone on the Lightning that I'd want that you could realistically move Larsson for. Adam Larsson to me seems like the one true untouchable player on the Devils. (Aside from Kovalchuk, Elias and Brodeur...but those three should go without saying.)

Out of all the players mentioned thus far Cammy seems like the best option. I know that he performs very well in the playoffs and could be an instant offensive threat in New Jersey (A lineup of Cammalleri-Zajac-Kovalchuk would be phenomenal.) However what about Weiss? Out of favor thus far in Florida and has so far under-performed he would become NJ's number one center if acquired. I know he doesn't play wing and the Devils are...pretty set at that position actually. Yet, if you move Henrique on the left side, Weiss in the middle and keep Kovy on the right side that instantly becomes a very dangerous lineup.

I would imagine the full lineup would be the following:

Henrique-Weiss-Kovy
Elias - Zajac - Clarkson
Ponikarovsky - Loki - Butler/Jofeson/Tedenby (Zubrus when healthy)
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Obviously the third line RW spot becomes a bit foggy until Zubby gets back in the lineup. Logical choice is Butler (If he clears waivers) or Josefson (unless he gets packaged in said trade.) The real question is though - has Weiss' value dropped in Florida? If so has it been a dramatic stock drop and would he be easier/harder to fetch then a player like Cammalleri?

Old
03-04-2013, 10:52 AM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post

Preferably Greene, but I don't know his price tag. Tallinder if Greene's asking price is high.
Wouldn't consider dealing Greene for Jones but Id do Tallinder or Volchenkov for him for sure. He's a solid scorer we could really use him.

SteveCangialosi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 05:22 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post

Not for Greene, but we'd send Tallinder (+?) for Jones.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:58 PM
JWINK19
southern Devils fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
The same day and time Volch would allow his NTC to be waived.

I know a lot of people aren't big Volchenkov fans but to me I think Tallinder is the more realistic option as far as trade is concerned. So if you sub Tallinder for Volchenkov in this deal...would we still be OK?
I would do it, but I don't know if Calgary would.

JWINK19 is offline   Reply With Quote