HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ovechkin: would it work in Montreal?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2013, 07:40 PM
  #176
RussCourtnall6
Rookie User
 
RussCourtnall6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Ovechkin would thrive playing in a market like Montreal. He seems lost with an organzation that clearly isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

His salary doesn't bother me. It's the cost that Washington would ask for. Not crazy about parting with a Galchenyuk and Tinordi at this time.

RussCourtnall6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:00 PM
  #177
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,900
vCash: 500
I'm embarrased by those who are so anti-ovechkin.

I get it, he's overpaid.

Still, that salar is now spent on kaberle and gionta. Yes, we spend the same money on those two. Who is a 1st line to franchise talent with size, scoring and physicality not a good thing?

Honestly, don't over do it. So what if ovie isn't playing like he used to? Think about it for a second. If ovechkin played like he used to we wouldn't have this conversation at all. The fact his percieved value is down(despite still being a 1st line talent) is as good a chance as any to get a talent like that. Still, caps wouldn't trade him and for good reason, he sells tickets and he's still contributing even though it isn't 100 points per.

Let's call it for what it is. Ovechkin has the talent but seems to have lost the fire. He doesn't look like a bulldozer anymore, he's passive and not as commited. I think in montreal the passion would come back. The fans are passionate, loud and put the pressure on players that would aid him. In addition, he'd lose the C. I honestly feel the guy is not a typical leader. Over here he loses the C, focuses on hockey and gets a fresh start. I say he hits PPG in montreal, not saying 110 point seasons but at least 80.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:12 AM
  #178
gillings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 225
vCash: 500
Ovechkin is just a juiced monster who grew up playing, I don't really see a hockey player in him...


He belongs in montreal just as much as wayne gretzky belongs in bowling.

gillings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:28 AM
  #179
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey
 
BenchBrawl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,765
vCash: 500
do not want

stay as far as ovechkin as you possibly can if youre a nhl team

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:21 AM
  #180
MoobMoob
EntertainingasanSTD
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Valhalla
Country: United States
Posts: 869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'm embarrased by those who are so anti-ovechkin.

I get it, he's overpaid.

Still, that salar is now spent on kaberle and gionta. Yes, we spend the same money on those two. Who is a 1st line to franchise talent with size, scoring and physicality not a good thing?

Honestly, don't over do it. So what if ovie isn't playing like he used to? Think about it for a second. If ovechkin played like he used to we wouldn't have this conversation at all. The fact his percieved value is down(despite still being a 1st line talent) is as good a chance as any to get a talent like that. Still, caps wouldn't trade him and for good reason, he sells tickets and he's still contributing even though it isn't 100 points per.

Let's call it for what it is. Ovechkin has the talent but seems to have lost the fire. He doesn't look like a bulldozer anymore, he's passive and not as commited. I think in montreal the passion would come back. The fans are passionate, loud and put the pressure on players that would aid him. In addition, he'd lose the C. I honestly feel the guy is not a typical leader. Over here he loses the C, focuses on hockey and gets a fresh start. I say he hits PPG in montreal, not saying 110 point seasons but at least 80.
For me it's the term not the cap hit that's a turnoff. If he were to bring his game back up, how long would that last before the bloom is off the rose and he's back to playing lackadaisical hockey with no fire? A year? 3? 8? And if he doesn't bring it to Montreal? We're stuck holding the bag of 9.5 Mil for 8 years for a 6 Mil player. Burning up prime Chucky . High risk/high reward. Just too much risk for my tastes.

MoobMoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:59 PM
  #181
gillings
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
do not want

stay as far as ovechkin as you possibly can if youre a nhl team
This.

gillings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:04 PM
  #182
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,917
vCash: 500
Would he? Maybe.

Do I want to find out at full price? Nope.

Would I consider for 3/4 of his contract? I'd think about it but probably not.

Would I take him at 2/3 of his contract? Yes, so long as we weren't overpaying.

However, I'm more a fan of building around a bunch of nice players than one elite player (unless that player is Crosby or Malkin-esque).

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:14 PM
  #183
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
The guy will soon be back in the KHL where he belongs.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:25 PM
  #184
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
The guy will soon be back in the KHL where he belongs.
Yeah, because he's clearly not good enough for the NHL.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:32 PM
  #185
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Yeah, because he's clearly not good enough for the NHL.
He can play with Eller on the 4th line... maybe.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:33 PM
  #186
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,200
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He can play with Eller on the 4th line... maybe.
At least he's not like Collberg, who isn't even good enough to get a thread.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:48 PM
  #187
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
At least he's not like Collberg, who isn't even good enough to get a thread.


Collberg has a thread..

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:11 PM
  #188
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Whose crazy enough to get him with his crazy contract ?


That is why i am saying that he will end up in the KHL. Like Yashin. Two tremendously talented athletes, but...

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.