HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins | 730PM March 3, 2013 | RDS, NBCSN, TSN-HABS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2013, 12:25 PM
  #51
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,364
vCash: 500
....Budaj did play better of late...that's....something.


Ugh

Dr Gonzo is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:26 PM
  #52
ChuckieG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Dumb move imo not to start Price. Hopefully Michel's bet pays off, but I have hard time seeing us take this game.

ChuckieG is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:27 PM
  #53
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Way to destroy the confidence of your #1 goalie.
It's a back to back game.. You guys didn't play Rask yesterday did you?


Last edited by TP: 03-03-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: mod
One Trick Pony is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:28 PM
  #54
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,641
vCash: 500
Budaj, really?

Well there goes my no drinks tonight idea.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:29 PM
  #55
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,350
vCash: 500
I'm really surprised at the decision to start Budaj, but on the other hand - it's not like Price has given us any reason to believe he should be in for back to backs recently. Budaj played well his last time out.

Still, surprised.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:29 PM
  #56
Ned Bouhalassa
Registered User
 
Ned Bouhalassa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
It's a back to back game.. You guys didn't play Rask yesterday did you?
No.

Ned Bouhalassa is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:29 PM
  #57
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Budaj, really?

Well there goes my no drinks tonight idea.
How much has your alcohol bill gone up since becoming mod?

overlords is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:29 PM
  #58
Muminek
Registered User
 
Muminek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,215
vCash: 500
Perhaps Therrien has decided he will bench Price after he has a bad game? He must have no confidence in him right now. I hope the Habs will play a disciplined game in front of Budaj, we won`t win without a D against the Bruins.

Muminek is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:30 PM
  #59
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Way to destroy the confidence of your #1 goalie.
Seriously? If this "destroys" his confidence then he's not a #1 goalie.

Instead of coming in here and making bold proclamations, maybe save them for your board.


Last edited by TP: 03-03-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: mod
Coldplay is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:30 PM
  #60
Sports1131
Registered User
 
Sports1131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Boston/Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,169
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
First decision from Therrien this year that I really disagree with. How do you not start your #1 guy against your biggest rival in a battle for first place?

I really hope I'm wrong, and this team has pleasantly surprised me on more than one occasion so far, but my expectations for tonight's game are incredibly low.

Sports1131 is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:30 PM
  #61
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
How much has your alcohol bill gone up since becoming mod?
It is directly responsible for me buying one more bottle of whiskey than I would have otherwise, put it that way.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:30 PM
  #62
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
In before price goes back to playing like price and people credit therrien with 'rebuilding him as a player' or 'making him a better person'.

overlords is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:31 PM
  #63
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
It's a back to back game.. You guys didn't play Rask yesterday did you?
No but it is completely different than this situation.

Rask got shelled for 7 goals in Buffalo and 2 nights later he started in Toronto and got a shut out in a 1-0 game.

Price should start tonight even though he let in 7 last night. He doesn't have to win but a close game would keep his confidence level high. By not starting him after last night sends the wrong message to him imo.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:33 PM
  #64
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
No but it is completely different than this situation.

Rask got shelled for 7 goals in Buffalo and 2 nights later he started in Toronto and got a shut out in a 1-0 game.

Price should start tonight even though he let in 7 last night. He doesn't have to win but a close game would keep his confidence level high. By not starting him after last night sends the wrong message to him imo.
This is not 2 nights later.

Your entire argument is moot.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:34 PM
  #65
Mynameismark*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
No but it is completely different than this situation.

Rask got shelled for 7 goals in Buffalo and 2 nights later he started in Toronto and got a shut out in a 1-0 game.

Price should start tonight even though he let in 7 last night. He doesn't have to win but a close game would keep his confidence level high. By not starting him after last night sends the wrong message to him imo.
Price is fine. He's cool, calm and collected. The chosen goalie for Sochi...nothing can deter him.


Last edited by TP: 03-03-2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: mod
Mynameismark* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:35 PM
  #66
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
This is not 2 nights later.

Your entire argument is moot.
The point is still the same.

Alicat is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:35 PM
  #67
MintyFresh
Registered User
 
MintyFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
No but it is completely different than this situation.

Rask got shelled for 7 goals in Buffalo and 2 nights later he started in Toronto and got a shut out in a 1-0 game.

Price should start tonight even though he let in 7 last night. He doesn't have to win but a close game would keep his confidence level high. By not starting him after last night sends the wrong message to him imo.
But it wasn't a back to back. If it wasn't a back to back, Price would be getting the start.

MintyFresh is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:36 PM
  #68
Leo Getz
Registered User
 
Leo Getz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
No but it is completely different than this situation.

Rask got shelled for 7 goals in Buffalo and 2 nights later he started in Toronto and got a shut out in a 1-0 game.

Price should start tonight even though he let in 7 last night. He doesn't have to win but a close game would keep his confidence level high. By not starting him after last night sends the wrong message to him imo.
I understand that the Bruins are relatively new to this whole "back-to-back" thing. If this game was played tomorrow, Price is more than likely our goalie. It doesn't really have to do with his play yesterday, moreso the fact that we are playing two games in two nights.

Leo Getz is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:36 PM
  #69
BeardBros
Everything hurt more
 
BeardBros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: 314
Country: United States
Posts: 684
vCash: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Fatigue might be the only problem after last night. We can contain Boston much better than we did against Pittsburgh's last night. Pens created gaping holes in the ice to shoot from; Bruins have better depth but don't have that level of individual talent.

Really is shame we're missing Bourque.

Price will be ready and pumped.
I'm sure you've seen from reading our board that most everyone will let you have ours.

BeardBros is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:36 PM
  #70
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL
 
YMCMBeaulieu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,456
vCash: 500
Budaj has shutout Boston in half the games he has started against them! (2 starts and his shutout was about 6 years ago)

YMCMBeaulieu is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:36 PM
  #71
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
The point is still the same.
No, it isn't, because the circumstances aren't.

Had Rask gotten shelled and you guys played Toronto on the back-to-back night, good chance Khudobin would have played.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:38 PM
  #72
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Budaj played very well in his last two outings.

His presence might boost his teamates' defensive awareness, too.

Habtchum* is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:42 PM
  #73
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster
 
Random Bruins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spooner Street
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,642
vCash: 500
I am not surprised your Habs are better this season, though I didn't think they would be doing this well. Last year was an abberation, I am not sure how they finished so bad but everything went wrong I guess and Markov has been a big difference maker it seems.

Should be a good game, hopefully the good guys come out on top . .

Random Bruins Fan is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:43 PM
  #74
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
No, it isn't, because the circumstances aren't.

Had Rask gotten shelled and you guys played Toronto on the back-to-back night, good chance Khudobin would have played.
Agree to disagree but at least it allows for meaningful conversation. Will be interesting to see him play as I am not that familiar with him.

What are his strengths/weaknesses?

Alicat is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:44 PM
  #75
One Trick Pony
Registered User
 
One Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
The point is still the same.
It's not. Your argument is that Price's confidence will be destroyed because he's not playing after a bad game. My argument is that MT is not sitting him down to send a message, but to give him some much needed rest. It has nothing to do with his performance last game. 90+% of the time the backup and starter will split back to back games, except if the 1st goalie has a shutout or something. If the game was tomorrow then you could compare it to the Rask situation.

One Trick Pony is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.