HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zac Rinaldo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2013, 04:18 PM
  #126
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,034
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Lol at the thread on the main board about Alfresdsson cross checking Zac. It got closed, even though no one was commiting any infractions, apparently because the Sens moderator didn't like a thread about his captain doing something dumb and seeing his peers losing the argument. No other real explanation for that thread being closed.
yea I'm not understanding that either. The zolniercyzk thread is full of trolls whining about rinaldo. I don't see anything as egregious as that in the alfredsson thread yet that got shut down.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:20 PM
  #127
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB
 
dingbathero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Lol at the thread on the main board about Alfresdsson cross checking Zac. It got closed, even though no one was commiting any infractions, apparently because the Sens moderator didn't like a thread about his captain doing something dumb and seeing his peers losing the argument. No other real explanation for that thread being closed.
happens all the time, ******** people get ********. Call a spade a spade.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:41 PM
  #128
Cinerary
The Inexorable
 
Cinerary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Lol at the thread on the main board about Alfresdsson cross checking Zac. It got closed, even though no one was commiting any infractions, apparently because the Sens moderator didn't like a thread about his captain doing something dumb and seeing his peers losing the argument. No other real explanation for that thread being closed.
I especially enjoyed the whiny Sens fans who think Rinaldo was afraid to fight Alf. I'm pretty sure every one of Rinaldo's NHL fights has been against someone bigger than he is, so I don't quite understand where that fear would be coming from.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:56 PM
  #129
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
The more he is hated, the stronger he grows...
Are you suggesting he is the wizard whose name cannot be mentioned?

Hey, see #36 on the Flyers, the One-Who-Cannot-Be-Named?


ZZ Pop rules!

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:00 PM
  #130
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Are you suggesting he is the wizard whose name cannot be mentioned?

Hey, see #36 on the Flyers, the One-Who-Cannot-Be-Named?


ZZ Pop rules!
Yep. Zac Rinaldo is Lord Voldehurt.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:08 PM
  #131
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Lol at the thread on the main board about Alfresdsson cross checking Zac. It got closed, even though no one was commiting any infractions, apparently because the Sens moderator didn't like a thread about his captain doing something dumb and seeing his peers losing the argument. No other real explanation for that thread being closed.


Some guy got pissed off at me when I asked him how could Rinaldo fight Neil when Neil was on the bench during the scum. I went to reply they deleted his comment and locked the thread within seconds.

But that thread was great, Sens fans were going nuts especially with the turtling comments.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 03-02-2013 at 05:14 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:12 PM
  #132
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,034
vCash: 1050
Well what gets me is Zolniercyzk's is borderline legal, Crosschecking someone in the face is never legal. Yet one is being discussed endlessly and the other is locked up because 1 guy either A. Got tired doing his job in one thread but not the other, or B. Got ******** and didn't like what was being discussed.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:54 PM
  #133
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe
 
jabba2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Cousins is just a yapper, but he drives the other teams insane trying to kill him, just like Zac does, for different reasons. Loved watching Alfie blow his cool and the game. What a leader!
Everyone seems to know when Rinaldo is on the ice because they know his game is punishing hits. No cheap elbows to the head like Cooke, but open ice...full body hits.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:57 PM
  #134
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,461
vCash: 500
everyone is lucky Zac isn't a big guy, could you imagine if he was Lindros sized

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:52 PM
  #135
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe
 
jabba2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Well what gets me is Zolniercyzk's is borderline legal, Crosschecking someone in the face is never legal. Yet one is being discussed endlessly and the other is locked up because 1 guy either A. Got tired doing his job in one thread but not the other, or B. Got ******** and didn't like what was being discussed.
I didnt know it was part of Zolniercyzk's game to deliver big hits. I kind of like it. As long as its legal. He doesn't look like a guy to fight often though. Seems like someone's always rushing to his defense.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:06 PM
  #136
Flyersfan139
Registered User
 
Flyersfan139's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Exton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,966
vCash: 500
Zac has been great this season so far. The amount of penalties he draws is amazing really. Its funny how players can't keep their cool after he destroys them or starts yapping at them. Getting one of their best players a 5 min major and ejected from the game might be his best draw yet!

Its also pretty funny how no Rinaldo thread on the main boards can last more than an hour without getting locked. When other teams fans and players hate him this much you know he must be doing it right.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:13 PM
  #137
Tripod
Registered User
 
Tripod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Well what gets me is Zolniercyzk's is borderline legal, Crosschecking someone in the face is never legal. Yet one is being discussed endlessly and the other is locked up because 1 guy either A. Got tired doing his job in one thread but not the other, or B. Got ******** and didn't like what was being discussed.
maybe we should start another one

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:04 PM
  #138
iSEESOUNDS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
I was thinking about it earlier, we really should bring it back.

iSEESOUNDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:24 AM
  #139
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls
 
RespectTheCouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
I was flipping through the channels and I stopped on NHL network and they were showing highlights of the Flyers-Sens game and were all about Alfie crosschecking Rinaldo, and getting behind the whole "they're just sticking up for their guys" argument, I wish they would come out and say we just hate the Flyers, and yes Rinaldo hasn't been taking runs at people or dumb pentalties but we hate him because he wears orange and black

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:46 AM
  #140
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
I was flipping through the channels and I stopped on NHL network and they were showing highlights of the Flyers-Sens game and were all about Alfie crosschecking Rinaldo, and getting behind the whole "they're just sticking up for their guys" argument, I wish they would come out and say we just hate the Flyers, and yes Rinaldo hasn't been taking runs at people or dumb pentalties but we hate him because he wears orange and black
I don't really have a big problem with what Alfie did but if the roles were reversed people would be losing their minds. The double standard is absolutely ridiculous among analysts and fans.

Just look at the Harry Z thread you would have thought he pulled his skate off and stabbed Lundin going by some reactions.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 03-03-2013 at 11:59 AM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:47 PM
  #141
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls
 
RespectTheCouts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I don't really have a big problem with what Alfie did but if the roles were reversed people would be losing their minds. The double standard is absolutely ridiculous among analysts and fans.

Just look at the Harry Z thread you would have thought he pulled his skate off and stabbed Lundin going by some reactions.
Same way I feel, I like that Alfie got into it with Rinaldo, BUT god forbid if it was the other way around and Giroux was giving a Sens player a cross check they would bad mouth it

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:52 PM
  #142
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I don't really have a big problem with what Alfie did but if the roles were reversed people would be losing their minds. The double standard is absolutely ridiculous among analysts and fans.

Just look at the Harry Z thread you would have thought he pulled his skate off and stabbed Lundin going by some reactions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
Same way I feel, I like that Alfie got into it with Rinaldo, BUT god forbid if it was the other way around and Giroux was giving a Sens player a cross check they would bad mouth it
I don't think the roles would be reversed, and they'd be the saying the same thing if someone as respected as Alfie would do it to them. Obviously, there's no one like that on our team, but even with someone like Giroux I don't think they'd hold it against him if he went after, say, Neil in a similar manner. I don't get it, some of you guys are always just going "everyone hates the Flyers wah wah". It's the same with NBC broadcasts. Sure, they are biased towards, say, the Pens, but everyone seems to only hear Crosby praise, but when Pierre is gushing over Laviolette, Giroux or even Rinaldo like he did last time, it seems to get ignored.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:00 PM
  #143
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I don't think the roles would be reversed, and they'd be the saying the same thing if someone as respected as Alfie would do it to them. Obviously, there's no one like that on our team, but even with someone like Giroux I don't think they'd hold it against him if he went after, say, Neil in a similar manner. I don't get it, some of you guys are always just going "everyone hates the Flyers wah wah". It's the same with NBC broadcasts. Sure, they are biased towards, say, the Pens, but everyone seems to only hear Crosby praise, but when Pierre is gushing over Laviolette, Giroux or even Rinaldo like he did last time, it seems to get ignored.
I wasn't really going for the "everybody hates the flyers" angle. I was saying if it was Rinaldo that did that to Alfie people would be going nuts instead of calling it "leadership". I was more pointing out the double standard of dirty plays based on players roles.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:01 PM
  #144
Ryker
Registered User
 
Ryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Triangle, NC, USA
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 2,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I wasn't really going for the "everybody hates the flyers" angle. I was saying if it was Rinaldo that did that to Alfie people would be going nuts instead of calling it "leadership". I was more pointing out the double standard of dirty plays based on players roles.
Oh, I see, sorry about that then, and I might actually agree with you on that

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:20 PM
  #145
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,114
vCash: 500
The attempt by certain Sens fans -- led by the obviously myopic Denis Potvin -- to label Rinaldo falling after the crosscheck to the head as "turtling" was the comedy highlight of the thread.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:20 PM
  #146
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,287
vCash: 500
So, Rinaldo can't have a thread on the main board? Lol, what a bunch of BS...

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:08 PM
  #147
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
The attempt by certain Sens fans -- led by the obviously myopic Denis Potvin -- to label Rinaldo falling after the crosscheck to the head as "turtling" was the comedy highlight of the thread.
Who gives a crap what whining Sens fans think? They are crying because Lundin isn't allowed to carry the puck across the blueline with his head down. I think they long for their ringette days.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:12 PM
  #148
crayzy8
Registered User
 
crayzy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Carleton Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
yea I'm not understanding that either. The zolniercyzk thread is full of trolls whining about rinaldo. I don't see anything as egregious as that in the alfredsson thread yet that got shut down.
Rinaldo is the new Matt Cooke. Dirtiest player and team in the NHL.

crayzy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:19 PM
  #149
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,034
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzy8 View Post
Rinaldo is the new Matt Cooke. Dirtiest player and team in the NHL.
lol I can't tell whether you are being facetious or whether you actually believe what you just typed. How many career's or seasons for that matter has Rinaldo ended? It looks like you are a Sens fan from your post history, which makes this all the more humorous as the latest victim of Cooke being Cooke is your Norris-winner.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:20 PM
  #150
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
So, Rinaldo can't have a thread on the main board? Lol, what a bunch of BS...
His name brings out a lot of rage on the main boards. My favorite is when posters say "I don't know why he's even in the NHL" while *****ing and complaining about his antics.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.