HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zac Rinaldo

Old
03-02-2013, 04:18 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Lol at the thread on the main board about Alfresdsson cross checking Zac. It got closed, even though no one was commiting any infractions, apparently because the Sens moderator didn't like a thread about his captain doing something dumb and seeing his peers losing the argument. No other real explanation for that thread being closed.
yea I'm not understanding that either. The zolniercyzk thread is full of trolls whining about rinaldo. I don't see anything as egregious as that in the alfredsson thread yet that got shut down.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:20 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Lol at the thread on the main board about Alfresdsson cross checking Zac. It got closed, even though no one was commiting any infractions, apparently because the Sens moderator didn't like a thread about his captain doing something dumb and seeing his peers losing the argument. No other real explanation for that thread being closed.
happens all the time, ******** people get ********. Call a spade a spade.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Cinerary
The Inexorable

Quote:
I especially enjoyed the whiny Sens fans who think Rinaldo was afraid to fight Alf. I'm pretty sure every one of Rinaldo's NHL fights has been against someone bigger than he is, so I don't quite understand where that fear would be coming from.

Cinerary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 04:56 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
The more he is hated, the stronger he grows...
Are you suggesting he is the wizard whose name cannot be mentioned?

Hey, see #36 on the Flyers, the One-Who-Cannot-Be-Named?

ZZ Pop rules!

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:00 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Are you suggesting he is the wizard whose name cannot be mentioned?

Hey, see #36 on the Flyers, the One-Who-Cannot-Be-Named?

ZZ Pop rules!
Yep. Zac Rinaldo is Lord Voldehurt.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:08 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:

Some guy got pissed off at me when I asked him how could Rinaldo fight Neil when Neil was on the bench during the scum. I went to reply they deleted his comment and locked the thread within seconds.

But that thread was great, Sens fans were going nuts especially with the turtling comments.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 03-02-2013 at 05:14 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 05:12 PM
PALE PWNR

Well what gets me is Zolniercyzk's is borderline legal, Crosschecking someone in the face is never legal. Yet one is being discussed endlessly and the other is locked up because 1 guy either A. Got tired doing his job in one thread but not the other, or B. Got ******** and didn't like what was being discussed.

Old
03-02-2013, 07:54 PM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Cousins is just a yapper, but he drives the other teams insane trying to kill him, just like Zac does, for different reasons. Loved watching Alfie blow his cool and the game. What a leader!
Everyone seems to know when Rinaldo is on the ice because they know his game is punishing hits. No cheap elbows to the head like Cooke, but open ice...full body hits.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 07:57 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

everyone is lucky Zac isn't a big guy, could you imagine if he was Lindros sized

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:52 PM
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Well what gets me is Zolniercyzk's is borderline legal, Crosschecking someone in the face is never legal. Yet one is being discussed endlessly and the other is locked up because 1 guy either A. Got tired doing his job in one thread but not the other, or B. Got ******** and didn't like what was being discussed.
I didnt know it was part of Zolniercyzk's game to deliver big hits. I kind of like it. As long as its legal. He doesn't look like a guy to fight often though. Seems like someone's always rushing to his defense.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:06 PM
Flyersfan139

Zac has been great this season so far. The amount of penalties he draws is amazing really. Its funny how players can't keep their cool after he destroys them or starts yapping at them. Getting one of their best players a 5 min major and ejected from the game might be his best draw yet!

Its also pretty funny how no Rinaldo thread on the main boards can last more than an hour without getting locked. When other teams fans and players hate him this much you know he must be doing it right.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Tripod

Quote:
maybe we should start another one

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 10:04 PM
iSEESOUNDS

I was thinking about it earlier, we really should bring it back.

iSEESOUNDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:24 AM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

I was flipping through the channels and I stopped on NHL network and they were showing highlights of the Flyers-Sens game and were all about Alfie crosschecking Rinaldo, and getting behind the whole "they're just sticking up for their guys" argument, I wish they would come out and say we just hate the Flyers, and yes Rinaldo hasn't been taking runs at people or dumb pentalties but we hate him because he wears orange and black

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:46 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
I was flipping through the channels and I stopped on NHL network and they were showing highlights of the Flyers-Sens game and were all about Alfie crosschecking Rinaldo, and getting behind the whole "they're just sticking up for their guys" argument, I wish they would come out and say we just hate the Flyers, and yes Rinaldo hasn't been taking runs at people or dumb pentalties but we hate him because he wears orange and black
I don't really have a big problem with what Alfie did but if the roles were reversed people would be losing their minds. The double standard is absolutely ridiculous among analysts and fans.

Just look at the Harry Z thread you would have thought he pulled his skate off and stabbed Lundin going by some reactions.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 03-03-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old
03-03-2013, 12:47 PM
RespectTheCouts
He Eats Souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I don't really have a big problem with what Alfie did but if the roles were reversed people would be losing their minds. The double standard is absolutely ridiculous among analysts and fans.

Just look at the Harry Z thread you would have thought he pulled his skate off and stabbed Lundin going by some reactions.
Same way I feel, I like that Alfie got into it with Rinaldo, BUT god forbid if it was the other way around and Giroux was giving a Sens player a cross check they would bad mouth it

RespectTheCouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:52 PM
Ryker

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
Same way I feel, I like that Alfie got into it with Rinaldo, BUT god forbid if it was the other way around and Giroux was giving a Sens player a cross check they would bad mouth it
I don't think the roles would be reversed, and they'd be the saying the same thing if someone as respected as Alfie would do it to them. Obviously, there's no one like that on our team, but even with someone like Giroux I don't think they'd hold it against him if he went after, say, Neil in a similar manner. I don't get it, some of you guys are always just going "everyone hates the Flyers wah wah". It's the same with NBC broadcasts. Sure, they are biased towards, say, the Pens, but everyone seems to only hear Crosby praise, but when Pierre is gushing over Laviolette, Giroux or even Rinaldo like he did last time, it seems to get ignored.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:00 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I don't think the roles would be reversed, and they'd be the saying the same thing if someone as respected as Alfie would do it to them. Obviously, there's no one like that on our team, but even with someone like Giroux I don't think they'd hold it against him if he went after, say, Neil in a similar manner. I don't get it, some of you guys are always just going "everyone hates the Flyers wah wah". It's the same with NBC broadcasts. Sure, they are biased towards, say, the Pens, but everyone seems to only hear Crosby praise, but when Pierre is gushing over Laviolette, Giroux or even Rinaldo like he did last time, it seems to get ignored.
I wasn't really going for the "everybody hates the flyers" angle. I was saying if it was Rinaldo that did that to Alfie people would be going nuts instead of calling it "leadership". I was more pointing out the double standard of dirty plays based on players roles.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:01 PM
Ryker

Quote:
I wasn't really going for the "everybody hates the flyers" angle. I was saying if it was Rinaldo that did that to Alfie people would be going nuts instead of calling it "leadership". I was more pointing out the double standard of dirty plays based on players roles.
Oh, I see, sorry about that then, and I might actually agree with you on that

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:20 PM
BernieParent

The attempt by certain Sens fans -- led by the obviously myopic Denis Potvin -- to label Rinaldo falling after the crosscheck to the head as "turtling" was the comedy highlight of the thread.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 01:20 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

So, Rinaldo can't have a thread on the main board? Lol, what a bunch of BS...

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
The attempt by certain Sens fans -- led by the obviously myopic Denis Potvin -- to label Rinaldo falling after the crosscheck to the head as "turtling" was the comedy highlight of the thread.
Who gives a crap what whining Sens fans think? They are crying because Lundin isn't allowed to carry the puck across the blueline with his head down. I think they long for their ringette days.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:12 PM
crayzy8

Quote:
yea I'm not understanding that either. The zolniercyzk thread is full of trolls whining about rinaldo. I don't see anything as egregious as that in the alfredsson thread yet that got shut down.
Rinaldo is the new Matt Cooke. Dirtiest player and team in the NHL.

crayzy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:19 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzy8 View Post
Rinaldo is the new Matt Cooke. Dirtiest player and team in the NHL.
lol I can't tell whether you are being facetious or whether you actually believe what you just typed. How many career's or seasons for that matter has Rinaldo ended? It looks like you are a Sens fan from your post history, which makes this all the more humorous as the latest victim of Cooke being Cooke is your Norris-winner.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:20 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
So, Rinaldo can't have a thread on the main board? Lol, what a bunch of BS...
His name brings out a lot of rage on the main boards. My favorite is when posters say "I don't know why he's even in the NHL" while *****ing and complaining about his antics.