HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Montreal Canadiens @ Boston Bruins | 730PM March 3, 2013 | RDS, NBCSN, TSN-HABS

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2013, 12:49 PM
  #76
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Trick Pony View Post
It's not. Your argument is that Price's confidence will be destroyed because he's not playing after a bad game. My argument is that MT is not sitting him down to send a message, but to give him some much needed rest. It has nothing to do with his performance last game. 90+% of the time the backup and starter will split back to back games, except if the 1st goalie has a shutout or something. If the game was tomorrow then you could compare it to the Rask situation.
I really hope he isn't but we can agree to disagree. Price is playing great this year and as a hockey fan, I want to see him continue to do so and not dip into a funk.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:49 PM
  #77
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,715
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
IIRC, he hasn't lost after letting in 5+ goals the game before.

So he's pretty good when it comes to bouncing back.
Not this year be did in the horrid year with Carbo as coach. Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary loved us that year. Either way, I see a huge bounce back game for Price. You have to think he wants this to prove himself.

Bourne Endeavor is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:50 PM
  #78
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Agree to disagree but at least it allows for meaningful conversation. Will be interesting to see him play as I am not that familiar with him.

What are his strengths/weaknesses?
Budaj?

I'd say he's got good reflexes, plays bigger than his frame, can come up with the spectacular saves...on the downside, I guess, he's entirely unpredictable/streaky, often gets beat along the ice.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:51 PM
  #79
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Budaj?

I'd say he's got good reflexes, plays bigger than his frame, can come up with the spectacular saves...on the downside, I guess, he's entirely unpredictable/streaky, often gets beat along the ice.
flops a bit.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:51 PM
  #80
MarkovsKnee
Registered User
 
MarkovsKnee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,045
vCash: 500
Was hoping that Price would play this game, but considering he hasn't played B2B this season and the fact he has not looked good in the last few games, I'm not totally upset by this decision.

I expect the Habs to play their boring road style game, like they did when they faced-off against the NYR.

I don't really expect a win in this game anyway, and Price losing 2 in row against top competition would really put the pressure on. If we get a point I'll be happy.

My guess is 3-2 Bruins.

MarkovsKnee is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:56 PM
  #81
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drkh0YLF8rI


Rscorpio is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 12:58 PM
  #82
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Budaj?

I'd say he's got good reflexes, plays bigger than his frame, can come up with the spectacular saves...on the downside, I guess, he's entirely unpredictable/streaky, often gets beat along the ice.
He plays better than he looks, he has good reaction time. Agreed he plays bigger than his frame, but is a noticable step down from Price in that regard.

His biggest weakness is he gives up rebounds. I have faith in Budaj and he will do his job if the team in front of him does theirs, but the Bruins are probably the worst possible matchup against him, considering how easily they get to the dirty areas.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:03 PM
  #83
LeHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,824
vCash: 500
Should Budaj win, can we start another goalie controversy?

In any case, I'm happy with Budaj starting this one.

LeHab is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:03 PM
  #84
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He plays better than he looks, he has good reaction time. Agreed he plays bigger than his frame, but is a noticable step down from Price in that regard.

His biggest weakness is he gives up rebounds. I have faith in Budaj and he will do his job if the team in front of him does theirs, but the Bruins are probably the worst possible matchup against him, considering how easily they get to the dirty areas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
flops a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Budaj?

I'd say he's got good reflexes, plays bigger than his frame, can come up with the spectacular saves...on the downside, I guess, he's entirely unpredictable/streaky, often gets beat along the ice.
Thank you!

Alicat is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:05 PM
  #85
Perrah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He plays better than he looks, he has good reaction time. Agreed he plays bigger than his frame, but is a noticable step down from Price in that regard.

His biggest weakness is he gives up rebounds. I have faith in Budaj and he will do his job if the team in front of him does theirs, but the Bruins are probably the worst possible matchup against him, considering how easily they get to the dirty areas.
I agree, if the plan was to play Budaj all along he should have played last night. Hopefully it wasnt MT trying to stick it to the pens by playing price (which didnt work) because win or lose last night today is the game that matters for the division lead. We all know he will play price in the second game because he did when the habs played the rangers on the second game of a b2b. Also the bruins have so many games in hand that Montreal has to beat them.

Perrah is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:10 PM
  #86
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
Montreal's PP is first at 19%? i though i saw Pittsburgh at over 25% last night.
11th

CrAzYNiNe is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:13 PM
  #87
Frankc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
I'm really not confident with Budaj in the net tonight.. :\

Even if Price gave 7 goals yesterday and that Budaj was really good in his last 2 games.. I'm not confident because Budaj tend to give a lot of rebound, and the Bruins are really good crashing the net and take rebounds.. It will take a big game from our Def corpse to expect a win.

Frankc is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:14 PM
  #88
peate
Habs fan 4 life.
 
peate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,566
vCash: 2007
You gotta think Price isn't in perfect health, he sure looked out of it last night, slow to react and just didn't look right. I don't think it's to punish him or anything, just a regular back to back goalie switch.

peate is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:16 PM
  #89
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
Statement game, everybody be ready for a tight contest. 4-2 Habs with the empty netter by Gionta again.

You need to check out the Bruins GDT for today, it's pretty funny actually.
Did the Bruins actually step up their GDT game?

Mathradio is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:27 PM
  #90
Frankenheimer
Registered User
 
Frankenheimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MTL
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Contrary to what many are saying, this shows MT does have confidence in Price because he's not altering his usual back to back plan to makeup for yesterday. He's sticking with his plan and showing that its business as usual. Those that want to stick Price in are the ones actually worried about him.

Frankenheimer is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:29 PM
  #91
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,883
vCash: 500
With Budaj starting I have a feeling this game won't be close. 5-1 Bruins.

sheed36 is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:32 PM
  #92
Tyson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 3,360
vCash: 500
I think the Habs were looking ahead to this game which reflects the subpar effort from last night. With that said, they will have to play picture perfect hockey to win tonight because of every team I have watched this year, Boston is the best team in the league, better than Chicago.

Tyson is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:34 PM
  #93
Frankenheimer
Registered User
 
Frankenheimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: MTL
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
With Budaj starting I have a feeling this game won't be close. 5-1 Bruins.
Because Price has been the one keeping games close? We actually have a team. Cheer up.

Frankenheimer is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:35 PM
  #94
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,293
vCash: 500
Watch out for Seguin. He only needed two shifts to burn us last time. With Julien getting the last change, he could do whatever he wants with that little punk.

Madam Kadri is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:39 PM
  #95
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
Because Price has been the one keeping games close? We actually have a team. Cheer up.
As soon as Budaj lets in a couple of questionable goals all you'll hear in the GDT is MT made a mistake and should've started Price. When playing the #1 team in your conference and your biggest rival I just prefer playing the teams #1 goalie. I hope Budaj proves me wrong.

sheed36 is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:41 PM
  #96
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,717
vCash: 500
I hope Budaj doesn't hit the pipe before the game like Price and Gorges did. Therrien, get your team in order... enough with the bath salts, this is unacceptable for an organization.

WhiskeySeven is online now  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:41 PM
  #97
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
Agree to disagree but at least it allows for meaningful conversation. Will be interesting to see him play as I am not that familiar with him.

What are his strengths/weaknesses?
He has no weaknesses.

One Man Rock Band is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:48 PM
  #98
Muminek
Registered User
 
Muminek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,214
vCash: 500
I hope this game will be at least half as awesome as Wings-Hawks. Yummy.

Muminek is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 01:52 PM
  #99
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: next to the bench
Country: Scotland
Posts: 25,763
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
You gotta think Price isn't in perfect health, he sure looked out of it last night, slow to react and just didn't look right. I don't think it's to punish him or anything, just a regular back to back goalie switch.
I hope Price is OK. I know I am a B's fan but I do like him.

Hope for a good game tonight with no injuries to either team....and a B's win
These games between the B's and Habs are always exciting.

__________________
It's going to be a long Summer.
Ladyfan is offline  
Old
03-03-2013, 02:08 PM
  #100
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,212
vCash: 500
The Bruins attack generally scores goals by finding the open man on the far side and they score countless goals going cross ice (due to the fact they can get open with their skill) and one timing/getting a great shot off. The only type of goalies who can do that are generally big goalies with great lateral movement. I like Budaj, but he had to held to some pretty inoffensive shots to win. We need Carey for this. I really hope this is due to fatigue since maybe he can't make those cross crease pad saves back to back plus fight through traffic. Anyway, here's wishing Bood-âge (as pronounced by Roy) a great game and a miracle performance from our D.

habtastic is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.