HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects & Minor League Teams Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Allaboard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoseEmDown View Post
I was thinking Janus would take Desjardins spot and with how much Boucher likes Cedric he might take Garons. I would like Vasileskiy to come over but it depends on Janus. If we can get Janus back we'd probably not resign Cedric, then Riku and Janus could fight to be Lindbacks backup. We'd have a spot for Vasileskiy that way too.
Can't see Janus coming back unless it's for a spot on the Lightning.

Old
03-03-2013, 12:03 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboard View Post
Can't see Janus coming back unless it's for a spot on the Lightning.
I don't think we can guarantee him a spot on the team but I'm sure they'll tell him if he beats out Riku he can get the spot.
What's his contract like? I know it's for one more year but not sure on financials.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:00 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
Sergeev, Kucherov, Paquete, Richard. Witkowski will most likely be replacing anything we lose in the A. 3 of those need contracts so that would put us over right now.
I'm sure Hall will be gone either by trade or unsigned, MAB the same. Mikkelson is up in the air, so that could be the 3 contracts we need.
Who else do you think we don't resign?
If we don't reup Hutchings then yes we should offer him.
Just looked at Capggek, who is a FA this summer.

The guys I think will go:
Jaques, Wilson, Bergeron, Mikkelson, Oberg, Nagle, Hall.

Maybes:
Taormina, Labrie (hope he gets a new one), Wyman, Hutchings (I think he deserves a chance), Thompson (if we are out of the playoffs I think he will be dealt), Crombeen, Desjardins, Garon.

What we need to sign:
3 goalies, 3/4 D and around 8 F.

We have 15 FA (with questionable new contracts) and Kucherov, Sergeev already have contracts which are included in the 48. I think there should be a place to sign him Now it's on SY

Old
03-03-2013, 02:39 PM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Just looked at Capggek, who is a FA this summer.

The guys I think will go:
Jaques, Wilson, Bergeron, Mikkelson, Oberg, Nagle, Hall.

Maybes:
Taormina, Labrie (hope he gets a new one), Wyman, Hutchings (I think he deserves a chance), Thompson (if we are out of the playoffs I think he will be dealt), Crombeen, Desjardins, Garon.

What we need to sign:
3 goalies, 3/4 D and around 8 F.

We have 15 FA (with questionable new contracts) and Kucherov, Sergeev already have contracts which are included in the 48. I think there should be a place to sign him Now it's on SY
I would take Mikkelson over Taormina. I don't see Hutchings as more than an ECHLer and we can give that contract spot to that kid you like.
You say we need 3 goalies, I would like Janus as one, I think Cedric gets resigned but not sure who else is an option. Are there any CHLers you like that could take Nagles spot?

Old
03-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Jacko95

Quote:
I would take Mikkelson over Taormina. I don't see Hutchings as more than an ECHLer and we can give that contract spot to that kid you like.
You say we need 3 goalies, I would like Janus as one, I think Cedric gets resigned but not sure who else is an option. Are there any CHLers you like that could take Nagles spot?
Niederberger would be great, he is small but has great stats and as far as I know (follow him a bit as he is German) he has an incredible workethic
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=42810

Other possible guys:
Patrik Bartosak http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=100479
Eetu Laurikainen http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=43532
Andrew D'Agostini http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45576
(considering how bad his team is, I would say his stats are pretty well)

With the 3 goalies: We have a NHL starter and one AHL/Backup in Riku. So we need one young goalie for the ECHL and 2 others. Maybe we send Vasi to the CHL and let Riku, Cedric and Janus fight the whole year?? Could be great competition

Last edited by Jacko95: 03-03-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old
03-03-2013, 04:48 PM
chasespace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Niederberger would be great, he is small but has great stats and as far as I know (follow him a bit as he is German) he has an incredible workethic
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=42810

Other possible guys:
Patrik Bartosak http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=100479
Eetu Laurikainen http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=43532
Andrew D'Agostini http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45576
(considering how bad his team is, I would say his stats are pretty well)

With the 3 goalies: We have a NHL starter and one AHL/Backup in Riku. So we need one young goalie for the ECHL and 2 others. Maybe we send Vasi to the CHL and let Riku, Cedric and Janus fight the whole year?? Could be great competition
Vasi will either be in the AHL, NHL, or OHL. Mississauga owns his rights.

But if we have an open goalie spot, I wouldn't mind them seeing if Hudacek would take a chance at making it to the NHL
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=15184

Old
03-04-2013, 07:12 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

https://twitter.com/PSCrunchHockey
Quote:
Tampa Bay assigning Gauthier to Florida of the ECHL.
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013..._flyout_sports
Quote:
Monday, Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois gave insight into the team's reasoning for promoting the other forwards over Connolly at this point. He said the others got a taste of playing pressure minutes for Calder Cup champion Norfolk last season.
Quote:
"The others have probably been a little more consistent. They'd already built up a certain level of game-to-game consistency,'' BriseBois said. "Last year, Brett was at the NHL level, probably not the best situation to put his best game forward.

"He didn't have the same mileage behind his play as some of the other guys who were called up this year. They were regulars on a good team, and they were all important contributors. He's only been called upon to play that role some of this year.''

That said, BriseBois said he and Crunch head coach Jon Cooper have explained all this to Connolly, and that the player is responding with heart.

"He's one of our most improved players. His skill level is probably what will jump out at you when you watch him play, There's no reason to think his progress will stop now,'' BriseBois said. "His attitude's been really good. He's never moped, he's always worked hard. He's had a good disposition, and that helped him get better this year.''

Old
03-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 50
Syracuse playing right now (2nd period). (kind of an odd time for a game)
Losing 4-2 and Riku has allowed all 4 goals while only facing 7 shots.

Pat Nagle now in.

EDIT: and Pat has now let one in on the 2nd shot he has faced.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:46 PM
zeykshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst View Post
Syracuse playing right now (2nd period). (kind of an odd time for a game)
Losing 4-2 and Riku has allowed all 4 goals while only facing 7 shots.

Pat Nagle now in.

EDIT: and Pat has now let one in on the 2nd shot he has faced.
Are you watching the game? Helenius had no chance on those goals. Crunch have dominated the Marlies and are still losing. It's like the Buffalo game recently for the Lightning.

Old
03-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeykshade View Post
Are you watching the game? Helenius had no chance on those goals. Crunch have dominated the Marlies and are still losing. It's like the Buffalo game recently for the Lightning.
No I'm not, just listening. But still that stat line is terrible, I feel bad for Riku.

Old
03-06-2013, 01:05 PM
zeykshade

We're seeing the effects of having 4 of the best forwards from Syracuse in Tampa. Nacho is seriously the heart of the Crunch. When Palat was injured earlier, they sucked without him. He's the catalyst on the top line in Syracuse as well. Killorn turned Wyman and Angelidis line into a scoring line. Gonna be rough on them down the stretch, now that we took their starting goalie as well, lol.

Old
03-06-2013, 08:13 PM
TBLHoser

Going back to goaltending, are we saying that the starting job is Lindback's and we're talking about who is going to back him up? I'm more concerned over who will be the starting goalie next year. Lindback hasn't proven anything yet, Garon is a FA with a groin issue, Desjardins is a FA and unproven and Riku hasn't shown he's even a #1 at the AHL level.

What I'm getting at is if Lindback does not prove he's a #1 THIS year, we're in the same boat next year and I see that as a major concern. We have some good talent in the farm system, but they're probably still a couple years away. I'd rather have a temporary veteran starter and have Lindback being back up next year rather than crossing our fingers that someone is going to step up.

Maybe if the D is drastically improved, that may help, but I don't feel comfortable with Lindback right now as next year's #1. Reminds me a lot of "The Monster" Gustavsson.

Old
03-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Going back to goaltending, are we saying that the starting job is Lindback's and we're talking about who is going to back him up? I'm more concerned over who will be the starting goalie next year. Lindback hasn't proven anything yet, Garon is a FA with a groin issue, Desjardins is a FA and unproven and Riku hasn't shown he's even a #1 at the AHL level.

What I'm getting at is if Lindback does not prove he's a #1 THIS year, we're in the same boat next year and I see that as a major concern. We have some good talent in the farm system, but they're probably still a couple years away. I'd rather have a temporary veteran starter and have Lindback being back up next year rather than crossing our fingers that someone is going to step up.

Maybe if the D is drastically improved, that may help, but I don't feel comfortable with Lindback right now as next year's #1. Reminds me a lot of "The Monster" Gustavsson.
The defense will eventually get fixed. I have no problem with Desjardins as a backup to be honest. I think hes paid his dues and should have a trial run to see if he can hack it. If he can great, let him have at it next year. ( I know I'm probably in the minority in that, and you might have some good points in believing in what you do, but whatever. How I feel.)

Last year one of the biggest holes on this team other than Defensive depth was a lack of a true number 1 Dman....Well Hedman has started to fill that role, the rest of it logically should become easier. Salo is still a capable Dman when Healthy and can fit in on the top pair just fine. We deseperately need to get that second pair fixed. Wouldn't mind Gudas, Barberio and Korobov being the 5th 6th and 7th Dmen. Let them learn as they go, don't rush them into situations. If they take the bull by the horns then great, if not just be patient. I don't think this is a one offseason fix. Probably going to take two to three years to finally right the ship.

Old
03-07-2013, 02:21 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 0
Kucherov had an assist,-1
Paquette 3a +2

Old
03-07-2013, 04:57 AM
Alivesi

I think we should obtain Luongo for Purcell.. and by the time he isn't on that same level Vasilevski would take over as starter.

Similar to Florida with Theodore and Markstrom.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:11 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivesi View Post
I think we should obtain Luongo for Purcell.. and by the time he isn't on that same level Vasilevski would take over as starter.

Similar to Florida with Theodore and Markstrom.
So are you gonna tell Lindback he sucks and we wasted 2 2nds on him? We also lose probably our best pure passer and only player who can enter the zone on the PP. Luongo is also signed for 7-8 more years to a not that cap friendly of a deal with the cap going down. I also hope it doesn't take Vasileskiy 7 years to become our #1.

Old
03-07-2013, 07:18 AM
zeykshade

Vancouver wants a roster player that can help them now, a draft pick + a prospect for Luongo and would want more for Schneider. Not going to happen.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:10 PM
TBLHoser

Not a lot to pick from in FA this year except maybe Backstrom, Howard or Nabokov. I'm sure Minnesota will want to retain Backstrom unless there's a cap issue.

Old
03-07-2013, 04:40 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucLight View Post
Not a lot to pick from in FA this year except maybe Backstrom, Howard or Nabokov. I'm sure Minnesota will want to retain Backstrom unless there's a cap issue.
And I'd be very surprised if Det doesn't re-sign Howard.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:20 PM
crunchrulz

If you are looking for a pair, grab Gudas and Korobov and let them play toether. They have a unique feel for what each other is going to do as a defense tandem here in Syracuse, and it would seem like an ideal fit to grab them both and keep them together.
Is it going to hurt, oh yea. But that is what a farm team is for. Those with a clue might moan and groan, but we understand that is why we are here.
Any rumors out of Tampa about the chances of seeing some if not all the callups returned to the Crunch if you folks are out of the playoff picture? Sure would be a nice boost for the entire organization if we could repeat at both the AHL and ECHL levels.

Old
03-07-2013, 05:38 PM
CC321

If the Bolts miss the playoffs, the young guys would likely be returned, at some point, for the AHL playoffs. Getting playoff experience is very important.

Old
03-09-2013, 03:27 AM
InjuredChoker

Paquette had a goal, Richard 1+1.

Old
03-10-2013, 03:49 AM
InjuredChoker

Kucherov had a 5 point night, scoring a hatty and +4 rating. Richard had a goal.

Old
03-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Bolts4Life91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Kucherov had a 5 point night, scoring a hatty and +4 rating. Richard had a goal.
The future is bright.

Old
03-11-2013, 04:32 AM
InjuredChoker

Tanner Richard had another goal, +2. Goals now in 3 consecutive games. Paquette also had 2 assists.

Closed Thread