HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Would the Bruins ever trade Lucic to Edmonton?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2013, 08:10 PM
  #26
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,944
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Glad you are not , There is no player on the Oil that will get you Lucic one for one.
Talk about overrated.

When has Lucic showed up in the playoffs? He wasn't there last year or during the Cup run.

Nathan Horton should be a priority right now. If Lucic gets 6M, Nathan Horton should not be a UFA next year because he's one of the top 5 players during their Cup run.

Thomas, Chara, Krejci, Bergeron and Horton. Lucic is good but he's very overrated if you think that nobody on the Oilers 1 for 1 could get you Lucic.

For all we know, he declines when he is 29. Chia is a smart GM, Lucic only got a 3 year deal because he knows the game Lucic plays has its disadvantages.

He hits, he's intimidating but he's a 60 point player.

Jamie Benn >>> Lucic. The Oilers should trade Eberle++ for Benn instead.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 08:22 PM
  #27
Joey Moss
Registered User
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,148
vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Sanguine View Post
How has no one even commented on the irony here?

Lucic was selected with the Oilers pick they got for dealing Sergei Samsonov.
Doesn't really have anything to do with it.. Edmonton might not have selected Lucic with that pick so..

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:10 PM
  #28
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,879
vCash: 1220
Why would Boston move Lucic? They're solid contenders so they have no reason to move him for anything the Oilers can offer of value (young players with potential).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
I'd do Hall, Klefbom, and a 2nd in 2013 for Lucic

Lucic-RNH-Eberle
Hemsky-Gagner-Yakupov

I wouldn't do Hall for Lucic + Hamilton + 2013 2nd...
Hall is one of the most underrated players on these boards and Lucic is one of the most overrated. (I know I'm gonna get a ton of flak for this)


Last edited by 5RingsAndABeer: 03-02-2013 at 11:25 PM.
5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:24 PM
  #29
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Don't think the Oilers would need Lucic for that price.

Lucic only got a 3 year deal from Boston, although at a 6M cap hit.

Tough guys decline fast, would be surprised if he is useless he is 29-30 years old.
Lucic is 24. What on earth are you talking about?

on a completely side note why is this a speculation thread?

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:41 PM
  #30
ORRMAN
Registered User
 
ORRMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Why would Boston move Lucic? They're solid contenders so they have no reason to move him for anything the Oilers can offer of value (young players with potential).



I wouldn't do Hall for Lucic + Hamilton + 2013 2nd...
Hall is one of the most underrated players on these boards and Lucic is one of the most overrated.
You wouldn't get Hamilton for Hall let alone Lucic and a pick.

ORRMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 09:46 PM
  #31
fireworks
Registered User
 
fireworks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bobcaygeon
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Why would Boston move Lucic? They're solid contenders so they have no reason to move him for anything the Oilers can offer of value (young players with potential).



I wouldn't do Hall for Lucic + Hamilton + 2013 2nd...
Hall is one of the most underrated players on these boards and Lucic is one of the most overrated.
This is beautiful...I like Hall. But this is ridiculous!

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:33 AM
  #32
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Why would Boston move Lucic? They're solid contenders so they have no reason to move him for anything the Oilers can offer of value (young players with potential).



I wouldn't do Hall for Lucic + Hamilton + 2013 2nd...
Hall is one of the most underrated players on these boards and Lucic is one of the most overrated. (I know I'm gonna get a ton of flak for this)
Eek, and probably deservedly so.

Anyway about the thread, I think that Lucic is more valuable to the Bruins than anyone on the Oilers would be to Boston in return, if that makes sense.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:42 AM
  #33
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,879
vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post
Eek, and probably deservedly so.
I'm trying to think of a similar trade, but I can't really think of a comparable for Lucic. I understand a lot of people think that increases his value tremendously, but I disagree.

Would you do Seguin for J Schultz and another hypothetical Lucic?

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:44 AM
  #34
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal
 
The Dangley One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,664
vCash: 500
Lucic is impossible to replace. It would have to be such a severe overpayment that the Oliver's wouldn't do it.

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 12:51 AM
  #35
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975
 
Alberta_OReilly_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonton Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93calder2012 View Post
Would they do it? What would it realistically cost?
guys like lucic only get dealt if something breaks down in the relationship between them and the team... or if they get hurt later in their careers and slow down.

right now today, lucic is a god in boston and it would make no sense at all to deal him unless they got an over whelming offer for him. I dont think any single player on the oilers would repersent an over whelming offer. Hall/Hopkins/Eberle all seem like potential great great players and any of them might be a better player then Lucic over the next decade but none of them would repersent a massive upgrade over him right now today. There is no cap savings for Boston to make the deal either...

Nathan Horton on the other hand might be available for a trade since he is an impending ufa and had concusion problems in the last couple years. Its possible Boston might feel uncomfortable committing to Horton for the future? If Edmonton was actually desperate for some size/grit for their lineup and a shake up for their chemistry then it would make more sense to work a deal out for Horton.

Maybe Hemsky/Horton works? Assuming that Boston actually is shy about resigning Horton. Hemsky does have established proven chemistry with Krecji. Boston does have an abundance of grit. It might be a deal that could make sense for Boston.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:25 PM
  #36
MPStoEberletoHall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Why would Boston move Lucic? They're solid contenders so they have no reason to move him for anything the Oilers can offer of value (young players with potential).



I wouldn't do Hall for Lucic + Hamilton + 2013 2nd...
Hall is one of the most underrated players on these boards and Lucic is one of the most overrated. (I know I'm gonna get a ton of flak for this)
Are you kidding me

MPStoEberletoHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:29 PM
  #37
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,767
vCash: 500
Hall and Eberle for lucic? Talk about overrated!


Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.
smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:49 PM
  #38
LSnow
Registered User
 
LSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,027
vCash: 500
Yakupov, Eberle, Hall, RNH have more value than Lucic. Only thing that might make sense is downgrading from Eberle to Lucic to get toughness.


Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-03-2013 at 03:21 PM.
LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:05 PM
  #39
DJENTLEMAN
Lost My Avatar Bet
 
DJENTLEMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 2,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Hall and Eberle for lucic? Talk about overrated!
When talking bout Lucic, value can't be realistically placed in a vacuum. I'm not a huge Lucic guy, but its undeniable what he brings to the table and how how that impacts the entire team. His physical play drives the boat for the team and sets the tempo. Adding Hall and Eberle doesn't mean that the Bruins will be able to match the loss of Lucic, especially in the defense first oriented system and mindset the Bruins deploy (as in, adding offensive potential doesn't mean that Hall and Eberle would be able to play the same way in Boston as they do in Edmonton). Obviously Hall and Eberle hold more value than Lucic on paper, however Lucic holds more value to the Bruins in the system they deploy than adding Hall and Eberle into their lineup. To sum it up, it's not as easy as saying points in / points out will be the great equalizer in deciding the value of a player.


As to the poster who said Lucic wasn't there during the Cup run, Lucic had a cracked rib and was skating with two broken toes on the same leg that had a high ankle sprain the previous season (notorious nagging injury).


Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-03-2013 at 03:18 PM.
DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:08 PM
  #40
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
Yakupov, Eberle, Hall, RNH have more value than Lucic. Only thing that might make sense is downgrading from Eberle to Lucic to get toughness.
So a guy ( Yakupov ) that has played a total of 20 NHL games has more value than a guy ( Lucic ) that has averaged 20+ goals and 65+ points over a 5 year career and plays on the top line for a team that recently won the Stanley Cup ????




Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-03-2013 at 03:22 PM.
BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:15 PM
  #41
LSnow
Registered User
 
LSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
So a guy ( Yakupov ) that has played a total of 20 NHL games has more value than a guy ( Lucic ) that has averaged 20+ goals and 65+ points over a 5 year career and plays on the top line for a team that recently won the Stanley Cup ???? I guess you're allergic to common sense.
You are comparing rookie to a established NHL firstliner in their production, obviously if you think Yakupovs value is a 40 point defensively suspect thirdliner then you are correct.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:17 PM
  #42
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
When talking bout Lucic, value can't be realistically placed in a vacuum. I'm not a huge Lucic guy, but its undeniable what he brings to the table and how how that impacts the entire team. His physical play drives the boat for the team and sets the tempo. Adding Hall and Eberle doesn't mean that the Bruins will be able to match the loss of Lucic, especially in the defense first oriented system and mindset the Bruins deploy (as in, adding offensive potential doesn't mean that Hall and Eberle would be able to play the same way in Boston as they do in Edmonton). Obviously Hall and Eberle hold more value than Lucic on paper, however Lucic holds more value to the Bruins in the system they deploy than adding Hall and Eberle into their lineup. To sum it up, it's not as easy as saying points in / points out will be the great equalizer in deciding the value of a player.


As to the poster who said Lucic wasn't there during the Cup run, Lucic had a cracked rib and was skating with two broken toes on the same leg that had a high ankle sprain the previous season (notorious nagging injury).
Pure lunacy.

If Boston truly values the physical presence over pure goal scoring ability then we'll take that sore-thumb out-of-place Seguin off your hands in exchange for Theo Peckham and Ben Eager.

You take ANY of RNH/Hall/Eberle/Yakupov for Lucic and you run. You run faster then you ever have to that fax machine before Tambellini wakes up from his margarita hangover.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:20 PM
  #43
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
Yakupov, Eberle, Hall, RNH have more value than Lucic. Only thing that might make sense is downgrading from Eberle to Lucic to get toughness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
So a guy ( Yakupov ) that has played a total of 20 NHL games has more value than a guy ( Lucic ) that has averaged 20+ goals and 65+ points over a 5 year career and plays on the top line for a team that recently won the Stanley Cup ???? I guess you're allergic to common sense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
You are comparing rookie to a established NHL firstliner in their production, obviously if you think Yakupovs value is a 40 point defensively suspect thirdliner then you are correct.
You were the one that said Yakupov had more value than Lucic. I was simply pointing out how crazy that sounds. If we took a poll ( minus Boston and Edmonton fans ) I'm pretty sure most would say that Lucic currently has more value than Yakupov. Will that be the same in 3 or 4 years.....who knows ????

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:24 PM
  #44
roflstomper
I don't row.
 
roflstomper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Why would Boston move Lucic? They're solid contenders so they have no reason to move him for anything the Oilers can offer of value (young players with potential).



I wouldn't do Hall for Lucic + Hamilton + 2013 2nd...
Hall is one of the most underrated players on these boards and Lucic is one of the most overrated. (I know I'm gonna get a ton of flak for this)
As much as I disagree I feel this is okay to say due to Hall's value to the Oilers and how good of a player he is. However if you accept that then you have to accept Boston not wanting to trade Lucic for one of Hall/Eberle/Yakupov/RNH due to what he brings the Bruins.

roflstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
  #45
Dellstrom
The new age
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,430
vCash: 50
Don't care what his actual value is, if Hall or Eberle aren't included Chiarelli hangs up.

His value to the Bruins is 500x what his actual worth is. You can't replace him.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:37 PM
  #46
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,446
vCash: 500
Keep in mind that this was an Oiler fan asking what it would take to get Lucic, a player the Bruins no desire to trade so of course it would take an offer that would make the Bruins GM say that he just can't turn that offer down.

This was not a Bruin fan coming in here saying let's trade Lucic for your young players.

It would obviously take one of the Oilers young guys to get Lucic if the Oilers came asking, the Oilers only have those 4 guys that can be compared to Lucic in value.

If a team came asking what will it take to get Hall, or whomever they don't want to trade you can bet that it would take a deal where their GM couldn't say no just like that is what it would take for Boston's GM to trade Lucic.

Lucic is a unique player and he is worth more than your average 25-30 goal scoring 65 point player. I don't think that is debateable. He is worth even more to the Bruins because to a certain extent, the team is built to have him be a part of it. If a team wants him they would have to pay out the wazoo to get him.

Not wanting to pay what it would cost is very understandable but the comments saying the Bruins don't like talented players are foolish. Lucic is both talented and tough, that is the combination that Bruins fans like most of all.

Oiler fans seemed to love Mark Messier pretty well, Lucic is like a lesser version of Messier or Cam Neely in playing style. He may only have half their talent, but having a guy who has skill and toughness is something almost all teams appreciate and that goes for the Oilers as well. We can see that by this thread started by an Oilers fan.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:39 PM
  #47
FrankFountain
Legendary Frog
 
FrankFountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
So a guy ( Yakupov ) that has played a total of 20 NHL games has more value than a guy ( Lucic ) that has averaged 20+ goals and 65+ points over a 5 year career and plays on the top line for a team that recently won the Stanley Cup ????


Averaged as in never hit that mark before?

FrankFountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:59 PM
  #48
LSnow
Registered User
 
LSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
You were the one that said Yakupov had more value than Lucic. I was simply pointing out how crazy that sounds. If we took a poll ( minus Boston and Edmonton fans ) I'm pretty sure most would say that Lucic currently has more value than Yakupov. Will that be the same in 3 or 4 years.....who knows ????
Well he kinda has more value, he is 1st overall pick with an amazing skill set that has high potential. Lucic is a good firstliner in production that is best powerforward in the game.

Having a guy like Lucic is really rare, but highly skilled 1st overall picks are even rarer. However a trade like Lucic for Yakupov would never happen since Yakupov isnt soft, Bruins are a contender and dont have time waiting Yakupov to develop.

Eberle for Lucic might happen since it would add a lot of highend skill to Bruins lineup which is probably the only thing they lack. And it gives Edmonton top 6 a lot of grit which is quite soft.
Bruins fans probably woulnd do it because they are proud of the "big bad bruins" and trading skilled finesse forward for your grittiest player probably goes agaisnt that.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:05 PM
  #49
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Lucic is SOOOO overated thats why teams have been either trying to find their own Lucic or an answer for Lucic for the past few season

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:12 PM
  #50
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser
 
SnarkAttack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: N/A
Posts: 806
vCash: 500
The ONLY reason that Lucic wouldn't be traded for one of the big 4 on Edmonton is that he is a perfect fit for Boston. This is one of the rare "has more value here" arguments that actually makes sense.

League value would dictate that the Bruins would trade for any of the big 4, and probably throw something in. Because of the fit on the Bruins, however, I can see why they may not do that deal.

There really shouldn't be a value argument here. Edmonton fans, yes your 4 youngsters are worth more to the league. Boston fans, I probably wouldn't trade Lucic for one of the big 4, though Hall would make me think. Yay, you're both right!

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.