HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Blackhawks Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Marotte Marauder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Do you want to bet team chemistry, Bolland, Stalberg and 6.75mil $ on that, because I sure don't.

Well we lose half the 6.75 by moving Bolland, the other will be spent by signing Stalberg. Chemistry, I've found is only evident on winning teams. Winning breeds chemistry. Nobody cares what kind of chemistry a loser has.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:10 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
If a team does keep half the cap hit, do they half to pay half the actual salary?

Old
03-03-2013, 01:13 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Can someone explain this chemistry involving Bolland?

He was awful with most players these past few years and showed no chemistry with Sharp/Kane

Since he has gone out the Hawks haven't missed a beat

Moving Bolland and getting a real #2 C wont hurt this team at all especially with Shaw stepping up as 3rd line C

Old
03-03-2013, 02:03 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Can someone explain this chemistry involving Bolland?

He was awful with most players these past few years and showed no chemistry with Sharp/Kane

Since he has gone out the Hawks haven't missed a beat

Moving Bolland and getting a real #2 C wont hurt this team at all especially with Shaw stepping up as 3rd line C
Agree here especially because we have some centers in the minors that could fill bollands role

Old
03-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Hawkaholic

Who becomes our 3rd line W to play with Shaw and Bickell? The offensive blackhole-Frolik? To say the team hasn't lost a beat without Bolly is false.

Since Bolland went out after SJ game (incl. today)
Kane 2pts in 5 games
Sharp 2pts in 5 games

..and the lines offense dies when the puck goes to Kruger. Kane was playing his best hockey with Bolly as his C.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
Agree here especially because we have some centers in the minors that could fill bollands role
This is the 2nd time you've said this......who can shut down opponents top players in the playoffs in Rockford?

Old
03-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Who becomes our 3rd line W to play with Shaw and Bickell? The offensive blackhole-Frolik? To say the team hasn't lost a beat without Bolly is false.

Kane 2pts in 5 games
Sharp 2pts in 5 games

..and the lines offense dies when the puck goes to Kruger. Kane was playing his best hockey with Bolly as his C.
I never said anything about trading Stalberg in my post

Trading Bolland should be option

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 03-03-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old
03-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:

Kane 2pts in 5 games
Sharp 2pts in 5 games

or the line just reverted back to the mean. Was Kane going stay on fire forever?

Old
03-03-2013, 03:46 PM
madgoat33

pretty sure kane has 3pts the last 5 games at least i think, he's on my fantasy team.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
pretty sure kane has 3pts the last 5 games at least i think, he's on my fantasy team.
After the PP goal, yep. I can break down how many points Kane has with Kruger as his C at ES.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:51 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
if we have to trade more than 1 roster player from the Bottom 6, we don't make that trade.
I don't think we'd have to trade anyone on the roster for a pending UFA with 4 points.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
After the PP goal, yep. I can break down how many points Kane has with Kruger as his C at ES.

While you're at it, break down how many points Bolly-Kane combined for, or would like me to furnish it?

Old
03-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:

I was talking about Bolland and Stalberg in my argument.

If people want to trade Bolland for an upgrade, I'm not 100% against it. But not this year, and not anybody in the top 9 F or top 5 D. I don't have much interest in Stastny at 6.75, and I doubt I would approve of a trade that would see COL taking on half his salary. That trade would have to include one of Leddy and Hammer, and probably someone like Danault or McNeill.

Old
03-03-2013, 03:53 PM
madgoat33

I'm curious for that

Old
03-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
While you're at it, break down how many points Bolly-Kane combined for, or would like me to furnish it?
I'm not talking about Bollands scoring output, I'm talking about how Kane and Sharp play better with Bolland than any other C they have played with this year.

Old
03-03-2013, 04:35 PM
madgoat33

they play better with bolland than kruger? shocking, kruger clearly isn't atop 6 player

though I'd argue that anyway since bolland wad a minus player and kane was +9 seems like alot of kane and Sharps offense is generated with Bolland off the ice

Old
03-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Sarava

Quote:

With all due respect - you're out of your mind

Your anti-Bolland crusade is mind boggling to me. I don't get it. The 2nd line's production has gone down since he's been out. This team already is a lock for the playoffs, and suggesting they dump off the guy who steps it up the most in the playoffs is absurd IMO. Remember this is about winning a cup, not having the best fantasy team on paper. Dave Bolland will be invaluable in the playoffs, whether he's the #2 or #3 center.

Now if you want to talk about trading him this summer if Danault looks like he'll be ready to move up, then fine. But not until then.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:24 PM
massivegoonery

The odds say that Bolland is probably hurt for the playoffs.

Old
03-03-2013, 05:28 PM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post

Your anti-Bolland crusade is mind boggling to me. I don't get it. The 2nd line's production has gone down since he's been out. This team already is a lock for the playoffs, and suggesting they dump off the guy who steps it up the most in the playoffs is absurd IMO. Remember this is about winning a cup, not having the best fantasy team on paper. Dave Bolland will be invaluable in the playoffs, whether he's the #2 or #3 center.

Now if you want to talk about trading him this summer if Danault looks like he'll be ready to move up, then fine. But not until then.
Just stop with the fantasy that Bolland added anything to the 2nd line's offense, the +/- of the players on that line already disproves that theory.

As a matter of fact, the Kruger blackhole is performing about as well as Bolland has this season.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:11 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Trading for Weiss completely shakes up our bottom 9. Chemistry is our biggest asset right now. No thanks to Weiss, or anyone else right now. Hawks need to keep doing what they're doing, streak or not
Quoted again for emphasis. There is no need for a roster shakeup of any sort. This team is rolling 4 lines, a lot of that has to do with Chemistry.

Prior to Bolland's injury...

2nd Line-Bolland was still getting used to a top 6 role playing with Kane and Sharp. Give the dude some time. He has the tools to be useful, or at the very least, not hurt that line

3rd Line-Part of the reason that line has been so effective is that Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg have chemistry. They know where they're supposed to be and going to be on every inch of that rink. Why shake that up by moving Bolland down to the 3rd? Who do you knock off? All 3 have been playing really, really well.

4th Line- Much like the 3rd Line, before Bolland's injury Kruger and Frolik have had really nice chemistry. That vacant winger spot on the 4th line is really the only interchangeable spot on our roster we have.

This team is playing lights out right now. Why mess around with a great, not good, GREAT thing? Especially trading for a guy like Weiss who is struggling tremendously right now.

This discussion is entirely moot anyway, Bowman didn't make any major deals when this same team was struggling last year. He sure as hell isn't going to make any major deals wen this team is on fire.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post

He isn't a #2 C and is always injured or banged up while still being horrid at faceoffs

He will be gone after next season so Hawks shouldn't hesitate to move him if they can find a true #2 C

Old
03-03-2013, 07:52 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
So now one week later I'll ask the same question: Is anyone still willing to let Stalberg walk as a UFA?

Old
03-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
So now one week later I'll ask the same question: Is anyone still willing to let Stalberg walk as a UFA?
^
Yes

He isn't worth 3M+ which is what he will get

We have Hayes/Morin on doorsteps of NHL to play wing

Old
03-03-2013, 07:56 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Those guys replace Bickell, not Stalberg. We don't have a prospect in the system that brings what he brings. If we have the cap space, it would be foolish not to use it on Stalberg.

Old
03-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

I would argue Jimmy Hayes fills everything that Stalberg can do better

Only thing Stalberg can do that Hayes cant is skate like wind

Closed Thread