HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos - Phi proposal

Old
07-20-2006, 08:20 AM
daynus

vCash: 500
Oh wow

why trade a very good player for a draft pick that was shyed away from from by most scouts and was a huge dropper because of him being a head case, flake. oh sorry thats the guy boston drafted phil kessel, you can keep him please keep him.

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19 View Post
Hmm, nope...

Gagne is obviously a proven player, but with Kessel being just drafted with high potential and all he alone would have more value then Gagne.
Are you on smack...An unproven player whos value as actually decreased since being projected 1st overall has more value then Gagne...

Coburnfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 09:55 AM
Silva

Send a message via AIM to Silva
LOL no way!!!

Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 11:24 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Joe Thornton is retiring a Bruin! No way he ever moves from the hub.
boston management has a slightly different track record in how it deals with players than philly... gagne doesn't make sense to trade, at least not right now... i think the idea of trading Thornton may have made sense... still baffled that they didn't start up a league-wide auction. if you're going to trade a player like that, create a bidding war.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Battaglia
Hail Tim Thomas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
boston management has a slightly different track record in how it deals with players than philly... gagne doesn't make sense to trade, at least not right now... i think the idea of trading Thornton may have made sense... still baffled that they didn't start up a league-wide auction. if you're going to trade a player like that, create a bidding war.
Ugh dont remind me. I seriously find it hard to believe all Thornton could fetch was Sturm, Primeau, and Stuart...not saying they arent reasonable players but I expected more.

Battaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2006, 03:51 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battaglia View Post
Ugh dont remind me. I seriously find it hard to believe all Thornton could fetch was Sturm, Primeau, and Stuart...not saying they arent reasonable players but I expected more.
I think we got a good return as long as Stuart and Sturm are resigned. I would've preferred a 1st rd pick instead of Primeau but I can't complain. The Samsanov trade was alright but Reasoner might as well have been left out of it as he had no value.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19 View Post
Love the truth or not Gagne scored that many goals because of Forsberg, now I'm not saying he's not a great player but Forsberg made him a lot better...

Kessel has the potential to be the best player out of his draft year, this is a big potential we're talking about, of course it's not a 100% sure thing since that's what you get with prospects.
You can't be serious. Kessel has great potential but he also slide in standings. I do not know how Flyers will benefit from this move now. Are we rebuilding? Kessel maybe 2 years away from being ready and then he is still a wild card who may or may not replace Gagne. I guess adding Alberts (who is also 2 years away) will make it even, somehow? Flyers give up about 40-45 goals and excellent defensive player.

Counter:
Gagne, Dimtrakos & Nodl for Murray Kessel Alberts (details could be worked out Flyers could add a conditional player or a pick if Murray scores more then 30 playing with FOrsberg which he probably will)
In terms of salary it's almost even. Murray at this poitn slowing down and he needs capable center which Forsberg is. I do not think Murray will score 30 goals with Boston but partially will replace Gagne. Knuble will moved down to Carter line and Umberger will go up to replace Gagne. Gagne will play with Savard and maybe Dimitrakos.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 07-21-2006 at 09:23 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 10:26 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
You can't be serious. Kessel has great potential but he also slide in standings. I do not know how Flyers will benefit from this move now. Are we rebuilding? Kessel maybe 2 years away from being ready and then he is still a wild card who may or may not replace Gagne. I guess adding Alberts (who is also 2 years away) will make it even, somehow? Flyers give up about 40-45 goals and excellent defensive player.

Counter:
Gagne, Dimtrakos & Nodl for Murray Kessel Alberts (details could be worked out Flyers could add a conditional player or a pick if Murray scores more then 30 playing with FOrsberg which he probably will)
In terms of salary it's almost even. Murray at this poitn slowing down and he needs capable center which Forsberg is. I do not think Murray will score 30 goals with Boston but partially will replace Gagne. Knuble will moved down to Carter line and Umberger will go up to replace Gagne. Gagne will play with Savard and maybe Dimitrakos.
Alberts two years away?

Uh, he played nearly the full season last year and will definitly be on the team again this year.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Alberts two years away?

Uh, he played nearly the full season last year and will definitly be on the team again this year.
What will that mean in terms of points and defensive play? I mean... if this deal goes down Flyers lose 40-50 goals a season plus Pk, PP, speed, you name it. You can't tell me that after 1st year in NHL Alberts will lead Boston or Flyers defense. He will be a part of it 5 or 6 with good potential to be #4. He is NHL ready I didn't say that he is not but is he ready to be solid top 4? Remians a big question.

take Freddy Meyer for instance he played his first year and played on a very high level. Is he ready to replace Kim Johnsson? I do not think so. Can I call him #4? No not yet.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote